Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Two-Tone Leather Confusion

kinraraturbo8.jpg

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue (Zuffenhausen collection)  BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

@ jazzman - Don't hesitate to send kinrara a PM - he's not a frequent visitor here but I'm sure he'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have...

@ rossi - the rear section of the centre console is in exterior colour, not carbon.

One last pic of the interior..

kinraraturbo88.jpg

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue (Zuffenhausen collection)  BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

and one last shot taken by Porsche-jeck when refuelling in Dusseldorf on the way home...

station.jpg

--

Final spec for kinrara' s turbo with the option codes. XME, XSA and CUC missing words on the descriptions are "painted in exterior colour". Note codes for deviating black carpets.

We found out that if you want the "turbo" designation on the rear painted in exterior colour you first have to add option 498 "delete model designation"  and then add option CUC "designation painted in exterior colour".

125155595145920080620151651252.jpg

--

TheJazzMan:
    caymanlution88:

Jazzman, I suppose your car arrived with Terracotta seats?

I got cold feet and pulled the plug on the Terracotta seats. Instead, I went with black full leather interior and Meteor exterior. I was afraid that the Terracotta would always remind me of Halloween. Smiley I still think it's a cool color combo!

BTW: That was a misprint in the order guide.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000177 EndHTML:0000004709 StartFragment:0000002406 EndFragment:0000004673 SourceURL:file://localhost/Users/andrewdaniels/Documents/Halloween.doc 0 0 0

Smiley JazzMan,

Now it is patently clear why I was so keen to have Terracotta – my birthday is actually on 31st October - Halloween !

Thanks for that subconscious illumination Smiley

I must confess with all the ribbing I took, I was a little concerned when I initially walked into the collection area at Stuttgart – but what an awesome physical combination it is, I just love it !

Without doubt you certainly need to deviate carpets and break up the terracotta.

My old school friend Dreamcar and I put a substantial amount of thought, time and effort into the specification of the car (sadly with precious little assistance from an uninterested OP dealership) and we inspected several alternative terracotta specified interior vehicles Smiley

This colour combination externally and internally is striking and without fail always puts a smile on my face - driving the vehicle is awe inspiring…Smiley

Thanks to Dreamcar’s able and valued assistance Smiley, I can honestly say that there is nothing on the specification that we missed – I adore the car, although with Terracotta I guess it is not everybody’s taste and  “it takes two to make a market” ! Smiley

I purchased the car solely for my own enjoyment and not with resale figures in mind – just as well !!

Have fun and enjoy…. Smiley

--
    Porsche 997 Turbo MY 2009 Bentley Turbo RL

Kinrara:

Without doubt you certainly need to deviate carpets and break up the terracotta.

I think that's the quintessence. Smiley

Black carpets are also more user friendly, as this is the first area where you can see stains and dirt, but the black leg room looks so good with the terracotta. Smiley

Also the body coloured centre console is a great addition, but if you chose anything else than black for the exterior, there might be some trouble. Of course you could try a CF centre console, but I guess that won't work with the rest of the interior. Smiley

So to all here reading this thread:

1) Do you think two tone black/terracotta (with the black carpets as Kinrara) would work with plain silver for the exterior? 

2) And question to the experts, if it's possible to get deviating (black) carpets, is it also possible to get a centre console in a deviating (black) leather? Smiley

I guess black leather at the centre console would look great as well, certainly better than to have it all in terracotta.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Kinrara:
    This colour combination externally and internally is striking and without fail always puts a smile on my face - driving the vehicle is awe inspiring…Smiley

Hahaha, the Terra Queen is back SmileySmiley

I'm glad you're still in love with this beauty, Kinrara - in real life it looks even more stunning than on the pics. IMHO the most beautiful 997 TT I've seen so far Smiley

@ Rossi: monochrome Terracotta works well with Silver (Arctic or GT) and Grey (Meteor), but the two tone interieur is too "hard" when combined with Silver (just IMHO of course)

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

The answer to question 2 is yes. You can specify deviating leather colour for any area of the car which can be ordered in leather from what I gather.

ISUK:

The answer to question 2 is yes. You can specify deviating leather colour for any area of the car which can be ordered in leather from what I gather.

Thanks Iain, good to know! Smiley

Black leather at the centre console would be the ideal companion when ordering black/terracotta with black carpets. Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:

@ Rossi: monochrome Terracotta works well with Silver (Arctic or GT) and Grey (Meteor), but the two tone interieur is too "hard" when combined with Silver (just IMHO of course)

Do you really think so? Monochrome only? That's totally Halloween inside, I guess that would be just too much. Smiley

I guess I have to see the different interiors in person, also two tone black/grey could be nice with silver...

--

Rossi:
    Porsche-Jeck:

Do you really think so? Monochrome only? That's totally Halloween inside, I guess that would be just too much. Smiley

Guess I've expressed myself not precise enough Smiley I just was refering to the colour scheme (complementing colours). In that sense Terracotta / Silver is nice IMO whereas a threesome Smiley Terracotta / Black / Silver maybe too much...

There is no question that a fully terracottarized interior is a no-go (at least for me).

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Kinrara: (sadly with precious little assistance from an uninterested OP dealership) 

Name and shame - I wouldn't recommend anyone to go anywhere near Porsche Centre Guildford after the way kinrara was treated. Three words sum them up - arrogant, incompetent and indifferent. Avoid them like they've got bubonic plague. Amazing considering they are wholly owned by Porsche GB.

Kinrara has even subsequently written to Porsche GB and Guildford's dealer principal, which resulted in a standard "holding" letter and no action or apology whatsoever. If that was a sole experience of Porsche customer relations, you'd never buy another P car. Smiley

--

Stefan,

You can choose any standard 997 leather colour to create the two tone effect. It just means working through all the option codes with your dealer. So in theory you could have two tone in black with cocoa for example or sea blue with beige etc if you so wished. Yo just choose the base full leather colour then select all the areas you want in the contrasting leather colour. Choosing colour to sample for the two tone area wouldn't be hugely expensive either. You just have to remember that painted areas like speaker grilles, steering column etc will be finished in the rubberised paint in the base leather colour unless you add these extra items in leather ofcourse. It makes the car very special if you go your own way (tastefully of course ) on the interior scheme

Rossi:
    Kinrara:

Black carpets are also more user friendly, as this is the first area where you can see stains and dirt, but the black leg room looks so good with the terracotta. Smiley

Also the body coloured centre console is a great addition, but if you chose anything else than black for the exterior, there might be some trouble. Of course you could try a CF centre console, but I guess that won't work with the rest of the interior. Smiley

1) Do you think two tone black/terracotta (with the black carpets as Kinrara) would work with plain silver for the exterior? 

2) And question to the experts, if it's possible to get deviating (black) carpets, is it also possible to get a centre console in a deviating (black) leather? Smiley

I guess black leather at the centre console would look great as well, certainly better than to have it all in terracotta.

--

Hi Rossi : Smiley

My own opinions (and colour choice is a very personal thing) I wouldn't personally go for silver exterior with terracotta / black trim - too many colours, and i wouldn't have all terracotta interior any more than  I'd have all carrera red. Just about get away with all sand beige as it's not such a strong colour, although sand beige / black with black deviating options would look as classy as terracotta / black. Carrera red / black (albeit a special order) would be another strong possible combination with basalt black, grey or silver paintwork.

I think the centre console would have to be either painted in exterior colour or leather. Carbon-fibre wouldn't work, IMO without carrying the carbon fibre theme to other trim parts which would just get too busy. 

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Rossi:
    Porsche-Jeck:

Guess I've expressed myself not precise enough Smiley I just was refering to the colour scheme (complementing colours). In that sense Terracotta / Silver is nice IMO whereas a threesome Smiley Terracotta / Black / Silver maybe too much...

There is no question that a fully terracottarized interior is a no-go (at least for me).

You make me really jeck, Porsche-Jeck. 

But now I understood, must be that threesome thing. Smiley

Fully terracottarized is a no-go for me as well. But you could be right that three colours could be too much. Oh my, I see myself ending up with cocoa again... Smiley

--

ISUK:

Stefan,

You can choose any standard 997 leather colour to create the two tone effect. It just means working through all the option codes with your dealer. So in theory you could have two tone in black with cocoa for example or sea blue with beige etc if you so wished. Yo just choose the base full leather colour then select all the areas you want in the contrasting leather colour. Choosing colour to sample for the two tone area wouldn't be hugely expensive either. You just have to remember that painted areas like speaker grilles, steering column etc will be finished in the rubberised paint in the base leather colour unless you add these extra items in leather ofcourse. It makes the car very special if you go your own way (tastefully of course ) on the interior scheme

Iain, problem is, that there are not many good colours to choose from. Smiley

I like the espresso colour from the Panamera BTW, but with the 997 you can choose from black, blue, grey, beige, cocoa and terracotta. Then there is natural leather again in grey, brown and red. Not some many colours that I like.

Guess I could do something crazy and choose an extraordinary two tone combination: black/black. Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    Rossi:
    Kinrara:

Hi Rossi : Smiley

My own opinions (and colour choice is a very personal thing) I wouldn't personally go for silver exterior with terracotta / black trim - too many colours, and i wouldn't have all terracotta interior any more than  I'd have all carrera red. Just about get away with all sand beige as it's not such a strong colour, although sand beige / black with black deviating options would look as classy as terracotta / black. Carrera red / black (albeit a special order) would be another strong possible combination with basalt black, grey or silver paintwork.

I think the centre console would have to be either painted in exterior colour or leather. Carbon-fibre wouldn't work, IMO without carrying the carbon fibre theme to other trim parts which would just get too busy. 

Thanks for your input, dreamcar, always appreciated. Smiley

Obviously it's not that easy to choose the "right" interior colour for arctic, if you don't want to go with boring black. Smiley
    It will take me some time, to make up my mind.

Absolutely agree about that CF thing, looks far too busy, just as with too many colours.

--

ISUK:

Stefan,

Slightly OT but since you are talking leather color configuration:  do you know whether it is possible to order standard 997 interior leather color or even Panamera interior leather color for the GT3 which only offers Black and Dark Grey natural leather as standard?  In addition would you have an idea of the cost?  Smiley

Stefan,

You could order Espresso for a 997 as a colour to sample colour. As strange as it sounds Porsche do not/will not recognise leather colours from their non-sports car models (Cayenne and Panamera) as standard range colours for the Boxster/Cayman/911. The only issue in doing this is as I said before any parts of the interior that are finished in the rubberised paint as standard will automatically default to black. To get around this you can order some of these trim parts in leather but it can get costly. I think there is an Exclusive option to have the large door speaker grilles covered in perforated leather. This is the area that usually looks worst on a 997 with deviated carpets as the shape of the speaker jars with the rest of the door detailing if left in a contrasting colour. Espresso with contrast silver stitching on a silver car would look good

I personally think that the chestnut colour which I had on my Cayenne S is far more attractive than the terracotta offered on the sports cars as it isn't such a bright colour. It would look really good as a bicolour with black carpets in a 997 IMHO.

Ziggy:

Slightly OT but since you are talking leather color configuration:  do you know whether it is possible to order standard 997 interior leather color or even Panamera interior leather color for the GT3 which only offers Black and Dark Grey natural leather as standard?  In addition would you have an idea of the cost?  Smiley

I'm not sure about the GT3 but I'd have thought it's possible through Porsche Exclusive. It will add at least 3 months to the delivery time though. The costs are all on the dealers version of the online configurator so ask your sales person to run through it for you.

It would involve specifying the full leather and alcantara interior then requesting leather instead of alcantara for the seat and door inserts and requesting a deviating colour for each and every surface. That's a lot of codes you will need but there are very detailed drawings of the interior available to ensure you get every surface in the colour/material you want via Exclusive.

Rossi:

Obviously it's not that easy to choose the "right" interior colour for arctic, if you don't want to go with boring black. Smiley
    It will take me some time, to make up my mind.

When I had my arctic Boxster I went for ocean blue interior, and I would have had centre console in exterior colour to bring in some silver contrasting highlight, had it been available (mine was an early production car).

--

ISUK:

Stefan,

You can choose any standard 997 leather colour to create the two tone effect. It just means working through all the option codes with your dealer. So in theory you could have two tone in black with cocoa for example or sea blue with beige etc if you so wished.

Iain, I think you put an idea in my head. Smiley

Arctic silver for the exterior and special two tone leather black-cocoa, how does that sound? Smiley

Fact is, that I like my current cocoa interior very much. Looks great in real life, far better than in pics. Gives the interior a warm and cozy feel, without being too flashy or not userfriendly enough for daily use. In fact cocoa is very similar to the brown interior of the new 997 SC. The only reason why I was thinking of something different than cocoa is that you actually want something different in a new car. But all the other colours just don't really do it for me. So perhaps cocoa, but with the upper parts of the dash and doors and the steering wheel in black would be the best of both worlds. Smiley

--

Stefan,

I'd say if you like it go for it It shouldn't be too difficult to get Porsche Exclusive to do this as all you are asking for is the upper dash, door tops and presumably steering wheel in black leather with a black headliner. You could ask them to stitch the black leather areas with cocoa thread. That would look good IMHO and tie the scheme together. Bring your outside colour "inside" by having the interior dash trim strips painted in the exterior body colour. I'd leave the centre console in leather from a personal point of view. I think the less "painted" trim parts in the car the better and the dash strips would give an elegant highlight without drawing your eye away from the leatherwork..

ISUK:

You could order Espresso for a 997 as a colour to sample colour. As strange as it sounds Porsche do not/will not recognise leather colours from their non-sports car models (Cayenne and Panamera) as standard range colours for the Boxster/Cayman/911.

From my understanding, it is a matter of production arrangement. The non-standard coloured items have to be separately produced in the desired sizes, just as it would be the case on a colour outside of Porsche´s current range.

Stefan,

A quick mock up of a black/cocoa bi-colour interior for you.

bi-colour interior black cocoa.JPG

Thanks Iain, that does look good, doesn't it?

--

I like it and it will certainly make the car unique which is always good IMHO

Smiley Porsche-Jeck,

Thank you for your kind comment on the 997 TT and yes, I am still around Smiley

Trust you are also thoroughly enjoying the GT3 Smileyand I am greatly looking forward to our meeting up again at some time in the not too distant future, together with Dreamcar and may be our USA friend ?

Please convey my best wishes to Mrs P-J, enjoy the weekend and cheers for now....Smiley

--
    Porsche 997 Turbo MY 2009 Bentley Turbo RL

Kinrara:

Smiley Porsche-Jeck,

Thank you for your kind comment on the 997 TT and yes, I am still around Smiley

Trust you are also thoroughly enjoying the GT3 Smileyand I am greatly looking forward to our meeting up again at some time in the not too distant future, together with Dreamcar and may be our USA friend ?

Please convey my best wishes to Mrs P-J, enjoy the weekend and cheers for now....Smiley

There is every chance of that - SWMBO's daughter's husband is due to finish his two year Cyprus posting and come back to Germany next May, Paralizer is planning a Europe revisit next year as well, so we could well have a couple of visits....Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688764 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408794 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255568 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65411 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857659 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773533 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM