Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Big surprise: 458 design still work in progress!

Styling F458 ....

on the last September issue, Quattroruote gives this info:

"The front of the 458 is still under development. It does not preclude the possibility that the 2 large openings are redesigned to give the front look even more aggressive"

"We have this info in exclusive, Ferrari is doing pre-tactical: although already approved the definitive style, the one you see in the pictures provided by Ferrari will not be 100% the same car that will be put on sale. Will be even more aggressive and with a sideline more apparent. Above all,the design of front will be different. The shape will change automatically with increasing speed because of an elastic-lip will deform under pressure. As once the wings of F1.This will not be the only moving part of the body "

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Re: Big surprise: 458 design still work in progress!

If that is true then Ferrari is run by greatest morons in the world.

Showing something that is not final design?!

Hopefully, info that you posted is wrong.

KresoF1:

If that is true then Ferrari is run by greatest morons in the world.

Showing something that is not final design?!

Hopefully, info that you posted is wrong.

I only reported the info...time will tell us more..maybe next week

--

I too am sceptical that the design will change.  Why release pics of a "final" design to the world's motoring press and launch it on a website if it is not the variant that is going to make production Smiley

However, for anyone who doesn't like the single grille it's pretty easy to alter the look of the front by having the central pillar in the front bumper painted in the body colour thus creating the effect of the two "nostrils" from the 430 design.

Red grille.JPG

ISUK:

I too am sceptical that the design will change.  Why release pics of a "final" design to the world's motoring press and launch it on a website if it is not the variant that is going to make production Smiley

However, for anyone who doesn't like the single grille it's pretty easy to alter the look of the front by having the central pillar in the front bumper painted in the body colour thus creating the effect of the two "nostrils" from the 430 design.

Red grille.JPG

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think they will redesign the whole frontbumper, but a change in colour with wome painted parts is still possible. In fact the body coloured pillar was one of the first PS that occurred in the forums and I have to say I rather like that look. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Though unlikely, nevertheless it is plausible they could tweak the front. Ferrari needed to get this car shown because the dealers really don't have anything new to sell other than the CA GT . If you believe Ferrari those orders have been filled for two years. They need to get the customer back into the shown room to sell the preowned Ferrari's on hand. Also, I believe they committed months ago to show the car in Frankfurt.

That said, my guess is we are seeing the final version.

--

ISUK:

Red grille.JPG

Wasnt there a post a couple of weeks back about one of the hot shots at Ferrari making last minute design changes??? If so this info. could back that up.

The above painted bumper makes a HUGE difference imo, it looks so much better like that. It removes that awkward big smile on the front of the car. Makes it look more "aggressive" so maybe this is what they're talking about.

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

I agree. it looks a lot better. 

--

What else could this mean?

"This will not be the only moving part of the body "?

The side sills? Or perhaps something to do w/ the rear diffuser?

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

ISUK:

Red grille.JPG

That design would be just perfect SmileySmileySmiley

STRADALE:

We will see :) maybe side sills (lp640 inspiration?) or height rear diffuser...

--

nberry:

Though unlikely, nevertheless it is plausible they could tweak the front. Ferrari needed to get this car shown because the dealers really don't have anything new to sell other than the CA GT . If you believe Ferrari those orders have been filled for two years. They need to get the customer back into the shown room to sell the preowned Ferrari's on hand. Also, I believe they committed months ago to show the car in Frankfurt.

That said, my guess is we are seeing the final version.

At least on September 9th they should show the final version. Smiley

--

STRADALE:

Perhaps the car will lose some parts under hard acceleration... Smiley

--

Rossi:
    STRADALE:

Lets hope it's those huge, ridiculous EU legislation sized door mirrors Smiley

Rossi:
    STRADALE:

--

Smiley

The faster you go, the lighter the car gets!

Nah, this inst a Z06. 

--

ISUK:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:

I just realized, even w/ the door mirrors, there's still mirror attachment points off the A-pillar. Why would that be?

458ll.jpg

12517420514363862311712_190252d2a8_b.jpg
    --

According to latest info from my Ferrari dealer there WONT be any design changes. QR simply overrated their influence or their stuff smoke lots of Crack lately...

Also,

Why did the brake calipers shrink in size? They're now the size of the older steel calipers.

458brakes.jpg

430brakes.jpg

458brakes2.jpg

430brakes2.jpg

--

KresoF1:

According to latest info from my Ferrari dealer there WONT be any design changes. QR simply overrated their influence or their stuff smoke lots of Crack lately...

I'm surprised they wouldn't have selected to paint the inside of the front bumper, imo it really looks good like that.  

--

You are forgetting that new wheels are 20" and that new brakes and calipers are actually bigger...

KresoF1:

You are forgetting that new wheels are 20" and that new brakes and calipers are actually bigger...

The wheels are bigger but the front calipers are smaller.

--

ISUK:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:

I like the new mirrors better than the old ones, especially BECAUSE they are now mounted at the doors. Smiley

--

I don't see the point as the 458 looks perfect to me and I don't think Ferrari will do that.

STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:

Smiley

Nah, this inst a Z06. 

Oooooh....  Touché 

Actually, when they're talking about design changes, and "moving parts", I think they're really talking about license plates, which will be sure to mess this otherwise-awesome design Smiley

Smiley

Geoff

--

2001 Corolla LE - 0-60: Yes.

2009 Corvette Z06 - 0-60: Ooooh yes.

andrea:

Styling F458 ....

on the last September issue, Quattroruote gives this info:

"The front of the 458 is still under development. It does not preclude the possibility that the 2 large openings are redesigned to give the front look even more aggressive"

"We have this info in exclusive, Ferrari is doing pre-tactical: although already approved the definitive style, the one you see in the pictures provided by Ferrari will not be 100% the same car that will be put on sale. Will be even more aggressive and with a sideline more apparent. Above all,the design of front will be different. The shape will change automatically with increasing speed because of an elastic-lip will deform under pressure. As once the wings of F1.This will not be the only moving part of the body "

What Quattroruote says here is simply bull shit!!! There is no way Ferrari will change the car after the official images have come out! Also there is no time to redesign in few months the front intakes of a production car. This is not about building two or three chassis like a racing car, this is a production car and it involves so many things apart from the technical issues that are allready very difficult because it involves all the frontal area of a car. And I don´t want to mention how much it will rise the price of the car if this would be true. The person who wrote this has not the slightest idea about what designing a new car means!!

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Jofu:
    STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:

Smiley

Nah, this inst a Z06. 

Oooooh....  Touché 

Actually, when they're talking about design changes, and "moving parts", I think they're really talking about license plates, which will be sure to mess this otherwise-awesome design Smiley

Smiley

Geoff

Smiley Smiley

What was the end result of that w/ the Z06's, they fixed the roof so they wouldn't blow off, yes?

People should get a ticket for putting on a front plate. (mine is the Corso/Black racing seats)

C2.JPG

--

ISUK:

+1 Smiley

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

STRADALE:

Smiley Smiley

What was the end result of that w/ the Z06's, they fixed the roof so they wouldn't blow off, yes?

People should get a ticket for putting on a front plate. (mine is the Corso/Black racing seats)

Yeah, if you could find your roof (haha), they would stick it back on with proper glue, otherwise they'd get you a new one.  All of this was done as a recall, and affected 2006 and maybe a few early 2007 as well.  But there's no way around it, it was pretty embarassing for Chevy, especially after trying to fend off build quality critiques Smiley

Nice car you got there!  I just wish my seats where half as good as those...

Geoff

--

2001 Corolla LE - 0-60: Yes.

2009 Corvette Z06 - 0-60: Ooooh yes.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    812590 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    452816 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    272905 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    91969 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    9074 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

891193 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    849986 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM