Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

First Nordschleife-trip with my new VX220.

Yesterday, I took my VX to the Nordschleife, I've had it for a month now, so it was about time for its fist track outing.

I must say it blew me away, my first lap I was cautious, I didn't know the car yet at its limits, and it was a year ago I last visited the track, but from then on, it just got better with each lap, when the heat came in my R888's and my brakes started to get up to temperature, the car became much better than I dared hope.

On the street, the car feels good, but the brakes or grip don't feel extraordinary, when they get some heat, they do, I wasn't hoping on that. The combination of AP-racing calipers and Pagid RS14's was stunning.
    So I started to get comfortable, and kept up with the  the somewhat quicker driving M3's, I had an absolute blast, I'll be back in september, no doubt.

On our way there and on the way home, we decided to take the amazing B258-route, which stretches through the Eifel-mountains and is at times deserted, especially the way back, in the dark, no one to be seen except my friends trying to keep up, was a moment I'll never forget.
    My roof was off, stars above us, and the only sound my exhaust popping when I backed off for one of the many corners, pure automotive pleasure...

Some pictures to give you an idea.

Stopping on the way there in the summersun

Getting held up on the B258

Getting ready

On track

Some more pics

Never return home without a pizza and beer from Pinocchio's in Adenau

And back again

Too much for me on the highway, the other way around on the twisty-bits

Hope you enjoyed

--

Re: First Nordschleife-trip with my new VX220.

Congratulations on your new track tool! Smiley It's good to see Rennteamers really enjoying their cars.

Surprised you went for a RHD Vauxhall instead of LHD Opel, but I guess it was just an opportunity which presented itself. Une occasion, n'est-ce pas?

--

fritz

Well, the exchange rate made my choice to go for a RHD VX220 a no brainer, the fact that this one has a huge list of upgrades only made the choice easier... I certainly have no regrets, I might when I'll have to try and sell the car Smiley

Oh and before anyone asks, I will be wearing a helmet next time, I didn't feel safe without

--

This Vauxhall front grille looks a terrible afterthought. The original Opel blitz looks much better.

I hope you saved a lot though!

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Porker,great!

I think for a car freak is must make a trip to the Ring with is loved car,also only for the air that there is in that place!

Great shots,thanks for sharing!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Porker:

especially the way back, in the dark, no one to be seen except my friends trying to keep up, was a moment I'll never forget.
    My roof was off, stars above us, and the only sound my exhaust popping when I backed off for one of the many corners, pure automotive pleasure...

Sounds familiar: when I drove home late Wednesday night it also gave me the goosebumps - all alone on the winding country road, clear sky and the moon reflecting in the rear wing of my GT3 Smiley Side window down: PSE & Moonlight serenade Smiley

I'm glad you enjoyed your new ride on the 'Ring. Great lecture and very nice pics, Porker Smiley Next time make sure to shoot me a PM beforehand Smiley

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Oh and before anyone asks, I will be wearing a helmet next time, I didn't feel safe without

--

I was going to ask you. Where's the helmet? Smiley  Well i guess you've got a strong headSmiley Just kidding

--

Cayenne Turbo - Mini Cooper S - 997 GT3

As a true car enthusiast , you are giving yourself the best treats possible  

BTW : did your girlfriend want to vomit or was she ok ?

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Cram:

--

I was going to ask you. Where's the helmet? Smiley  Well i guess you've got a strong headSmiley Just kidding

No, you're absolutely right, I should've had my helmet with me, I will not forget next time Smiley

--

Gnil:

Well, it's been a good summer from an enthousiasts' perspective: new car, Festival Of Speed, 24h Spa-Francorchamps, Nordschleife, ... I'm happy Smiley

The girl is not my girlfriend, I actually only met her there for the first time. She surely didn't want to vomit, I got the impression she really liked the laps Smiley Can't wait to return!

--

Porker:

The girl is not my girlfriend, I actually only met her there for the first time. She surely didn't want to vomit, I got the impression she really liked the laps Smiley Can't wait to return!

There ya go!  Smiley

Your VX220 is obviously a chick-magnet!  Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    Porker:

There ya go!  Smiley

Well, in comparison to other cars on this board it's probably peanuts, but last week while stuck in traffic on the E40, a MINI appeared next to me, suddenly three cellphone numbers were pressed against the window on a piece of paper Smiley. They must have mistaken me for a rich man I think Smiley
    --

Porker:
    fritz:
    Porker:

There ya go!  Smiley

Well, in comparison to other cars on this board it's probably peanuts, but last week while stuck in traffic on the E40, a MINI appeared next to me, suddenly three cellphone numbers were pressed against the window on a piece of paper Smiley. They must have mistaken me for a rich man I think Smiley

Nah. Smiley  That was just the VX220 effect. Smiley

PS: I hope you got all the phone numbers before the traffic cleared up? Smiley

--

fritz

Porker:
    Gnil:

Well, it's been a good summer from an enthousiasts' perspective: new car, Festival Of Speed, 24h Spa-Francorchamps, Nordschleife, ... I'm happy Smiley

So , you' re returning for the girl ? girls ? Smiley

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    Porker:
    Gnil:

So , you' re returning for the girl ? girls ? Smiley

Smiley

I will be returning with the girl Smiley.

No, she was there with a friend, and she wanted to come along the next time we went to the 'ring.

--

Porker:
    .... last week while stuck in traffic on the E40, a MINI appeared next to me, suddenly three cellphone numbers were pressed against the window on a piece of paper Smiley. They must have mistaken me for a rich man I think Smiley

Hey Porker - no need to wonder why or question what comes your way - just make the most of the VX220 effect Smiley These things happen sometimes Smiley 

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Haha, reminds of a story which occured a couple of weeks ago. A friend (beautiful young lady in her early twenties) joined me for some PAX laps in the GT3. Maybe that was a bad idea as she's a car nut herself and after the laps she said: well, I thought after finishing university I'd save for a house first, but I guess I'll live in a trailer and will get a GT3......two laps later: make that trailer a simple tent Smiley

Anyway later we had a coffee at the Breidscheid Café and after a while she felt a bit uncomfortable, hence I asked what's going on. "Errrr, these people are looking at me, what are they thinking...?" Haha, I knew exactly what they were thinking - look at this old fart, he's using the GT3 to date some young chicks SmileySmiley 

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

LOL  

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

P-J: Only one question pops up: cellphone & facebook of that young lady, I'm in my early twenties too

--

Porsche-Jeck:

Haha, reminds of a story which occured a couple of weeks ago. A friend (beautiful young lady in her early twenties) joined me for some PAX laps in the GT3. Maybe that was a bad idea as she's a car nut herself and after the laps she said: well, I thought after finishing university I'd save for a house first, but I guess I'll live in a trailer and will get a GT3......two laps later: make that trailer a simple tent Smiley

Anyway later we had a coffee at the Breidscheid Café and after a while she felt a bit uncomfortable, hence I asked what's going on. "Errrr, these people are looking at me, what are they thinking...?" Haha, I knew exactly what they were thinking - look at this old fart, he's using the GT3 to date some young chicks SmileySmiley 

SmileySmileySmiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753414 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430877 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258670 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255523 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79566 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868454 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802077 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM