Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F142 revealed - Ferrari 458 Italia

Rosso Mugello is a non-metallic red right? 

Ziggy:

Correct. The red metallic shown earlier in the thread is nuovo rosso scuderia.

ISUK:
    Ziggy:

Correct. The red metallic shown earlier in the thread is nuovo rosso scuderia.

... which costs a fortune. Smiley

There once was a darker metallic red that was called rosso fiorano, which was looking good. But today you only get corsa/scuderia/mugello and the metallic colours are all shades of black/grey/silver/blue. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Fully agree with you Stefan!Smiley

I like new interior as well, perfect with awsome exterior...

Now, Rosso Corsa E Nero or Grigio Titanio E NeroSmiley

You can't go wrong with rosso/nero. Actually I'm thinking of a darker shade of rosso, like rosso mugello with cuoio interior for example.

Thoughts? Smiley

I would avoid any lighter sand/brown leather shade like Cuoio. Even in bicolor interior(upper dash Black for example) it looks pretty wrong IMHO for a car like 458. I would stick with Nero or some shade of dark grey for 458 interior. Examples:

-Rosso Corsa with Nero leather with Rosso stitching

-Grigio Titanio with Nero leather with Grigio stitching

I will go for one of the combination above. Regarding CF trim(interior and engine bay) I need to see good pics of it. Currently I am for 458 without expensive CF items.

Finally, Rosso Mugello is not bad at all, just little bit too dark overall for 458 Italia.

If you ask me only three colors would look truly great on it from standard Ferrari offer: Rosso Corsa, Grigio Titanio and Grigio Nurburgring.

Did you guys actually here back from your dealers when first test drives will be possible? I need to call my dealer to discuss - the car looks amazing Smiley

I am interested in the actual weight comared to the Scuderia (usually the weight specs are a "bit" too low for Ferraris...). Also, it will be interesting how the 458 compares to the Scuderia in terms of track performance (should be faster on the AB given the additional 60hp, that is for sure).

The interior is even more striking than the excellent exterior. The Ferrari design crew delivered a true masterpiece SmileySmileySmiley

Got to diagree with you on cuoio not looking good kreso. If it's done properly with contrast stitching it looks great IMHO.

Cuoio black jp.JPGCuoio stitched cavallino jp.JPG

KresoF1:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Fully agree with you Stefan!Smiley

I like new interior as well, perfect with awsome exterior...

Now, Rosso Corsa E Nero or Grigio Titanio E NeroSmiley

You can't go wrong with rosso/nero. Actually I'm thinking of a darker shade of rosso, like rosso mugello with cuoio interior for example.

Thoughts? Smiley

I would avoid any lighter sand/brown leather shade like Cuoio. Even in bicolor interior(upper dash Black for example) it looks pretty wrong IMHO for a car like 458. I would stick with Nero or some shade of dark grey for 458 interior. Examples:

-Rosso Corsa with Nero leather with Rosso stitching

-Grigio Titanio with Nero leather with Grigio stitching

I will go for one of the combination above. Regarding CF trim(interior and engine bay) I need to see good pics of it. Currently I am for 458 without expensive CF items.

Finally, Rosso Mugello is not bad at all, just little bit too dark overall for 458 Italia.

If you ask me only three colors would look truly great on it from standard Ferrari offer: Rosso Corsa, Grigio Titanio and Grigio Nurburgring.

I don't like the red stitching, somehow always reminds me of a pair of cheap jeans. Smiley

So I guess it's gonna be rosso/nero again... Smiley

--

ISUK:

Got to diagree with you on cuoio not looking good kreso. If it's done properly with contrast stitching it looks great IMHO.

I think that looks great!Smiley

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello.  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2

WOW 

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

ISUK:

I.,

I already had personal experience with Cuoio so I know what I am talking about. After some period leather color ages in pretty akward way. Hard to describe but, multishading would be a good description.

KresoF1:

I.,

I already had personal experience with Cuoio so I know what I am talking about. After some period leather color ages in pretty akward way. Hard to describe but, multishading would be a good description.

Now you tell me. I've ordered cuoio in my California Smiley Doubt I'll keep it long enough for the leather to wear though Smiley

Weird/Interesting emails from AW Autoweek. Nice Cover: 

2nd email /just received said: :

Issue Preview E-mail Sent in Error!‏
    Sent: Wed 8/05/09 3:15 PM
    To: blackturbo@msn.com

Dear AutoWeek Subscriber:

It has come to our attention that you have received the August 10th AutoWeek Issue Preview by mistake. This e-mail was directed toward our media partners, not our subscribers. We apologize for flooding your inbox with information that was not pertinent to you.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
    The AutoWeek Marketing Team 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st email received earlier today was this:

August 10, 2009 Issue Preview‏
    Sent: Wed 8/05/09 1:05 PM
    To: blackturbo@msn.com

08_10_09cover.jpg

To schedule an interview or speak to an AutoWeek editor, please contact:

Lisa O'Brien, AutoWeek Marketing at lobrien@autoweek.com or 313.446.1678

Amie Martz, AutoWeek Marketing at amartz@autoweek.com or 313.446.0407

For text, graphics or reprints, please contact:

Brian Kolb, Wright's Reprints at bkolb@wrightsreprints.com or 281.419.5725

Don't Miss This!

AutoWeek's guide to Car-Guy Paradise: Where you need to go, what you need to see and what you should do in Monterey on August 14-16.

Features

• It's the Same, Only Even Better (p.18) - Drives: Land Rover gives the Range Rover lots of cosmetic updates, but the real improvements are under the hood. 

• Maranello Magic (p.6) - Start: Ferrari's new 458 Italia is sculpted on the outside, filled with racing technology on the inside and will debut at the Frankfurt motor show.

• What a Watch! (p. 27) - Carlife: Our Carmakers & Watchmakers Hall of Fame features five timeless timepieces inspired by revered automakers and legendary races.

• Formula One Frenzy (p. 61) - Competition: Lewis Hamilton's win in Hungary sets up a fight with Brawn GP, and Michael Schumacher will replace the injured Felipe Massa at Ferrari.

Plus

• Sharpened Up (p. 10) - Start: Bentley pairs speed with a green fuel system in the new, 204-mph Continental Supersports. 

• Fast and Funky (p. 22) - Drives: The quirkiness of BMW's new X6M, launching this fall, makes the UTE worth the ride.

• Increased Appeal (p. 24) - Drives: The 2010 Cadillac SRX captures the growing luxury-crossover market with its power, panache and practicality, it's just what the doctor ordered!

• Collector Concerns (p. 32) - CarLife: Making plans for what happens to your collector cars after you die can save you headache as well as heartache.

Competition

• NASCAR (p.64) - Competition: Juan Pablo Montoya moves on after a speeding penalty at the Brickyard, more Mayfield drug drama, and an exclusive interview with 2009 Daytona winner Tony Stewart.

• Cash Stop (p.66) - Competition: NASCAR racing is a business, but when is it no longer a sport? For some start-and-park drivers, racing takes a back seat to the money they can collect.

MORE

Way to Go!  Congratulations to the grand-prize winner and first-place winners of the AutoWeek/ ALMS Dream Trip of a Lifetime contest! Grand-prize winners Ed and Debra Hughes won a trip to Le Mans next year. First-prize winners Linda and Douglas Hastings won a trip to the 12 hours of Sebring. Enjoy!

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

03082009118.jpg I

I Love black.......

Nice find Smiley

ale75:

03082009118.jpg I

AWESOME FIND... But........... Huh????????? This is really disappointing. From an actual pic it looks much more like,,,,,,,,,,, it ALMOST looks like a 430 especially the overall shape. I realize it's got all that camo but besides that  the PS pics look much more dramatic, nothing like the 430. 

I keep looking at it, like something is missing but this IS the 458... Why does it look so much???????less exciting than the PS shots? 

There's some great driving roads with scenery just like that just North of the factory in Maranello, looks like someone, a test driver snapped a pic.  
    --

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

TOTAL AGREEMENT ^^ but didn't want to sound negative as a non fcar guy

could be the camera lens 

the front should be much lower and shorter. could be a whole phony front end.

It's a close up shot... taken very close to the car with very little zoom.

This creates the effect of a huge front end and tiny rear end. Most promo shots are taken from very far away with huge zoom lenses, to present better (more realistic) proportions. Not to mention the distortion created by all the white camouflage.

I'm guessing the reality of the car is much closer to the teaser shots than this.

It appears the F458 has a nose lift function.

trip:

Could be the upper left button on the steering wheel (above the engine start). Smiley

--

ale75:

I Love black.......

True, but strange stripes. Smiley

--

STRADALE:

AWESOME FIND... But........... Huh????????? This is really disappointing. From an actual pic it looks much more like,,,,,,,,,,, it ALMOST looks like a 430 especially the overall shape. I realize it's got all that camo but besides that  the PS pics look much more dramatic, nothing like the 430. 

I keep looking at it, like something is missing but this IS the 458... Why does it look so much???????less exciting than the PS shots? 

There's some great driving roads with scenery just like that just North of the factory in Maranello, looks like someone, a test driver snapped a pic.  
    --

Gregg, did you notice? No additional horse at the front. Smiley

--

racerx:

TOTAL AGREEMENT ^^ but didn't want to sound negative as a non fcar guy

could be the camera lens 

the front should be much lower and shorter. could be a whole phony front end.

In the official pics the cars are always very low, in reality they turn out higher. Was the same with the F430 or 599 for example. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    trip:

Could be the upper left button on the steering wheel (above the engine start). Smiley

There is a clearer steering wheel picture in this week's Autocar magazine. The button above the start button on the wheel is for the suspension. The one above that again is for the headlight dip function. The button above the manettino is for the windscreen wipers and the buttons next to the thumb grips on the uper side of the wheel are the turn signal indicators.

According to the article the dash display show tyre, brake and engine temperatures is called "virtual race engineer" and works only if the car is in race mode. The display shows yellow when temperatures are low, green when optimum and red when too high.

trip:

It may be just the fact that the front right-hand road wheel is higher than the left, due to standing on the hard shoulder, causing the front left wheel to drop in relation to the body.

--

fritz

the front lift system is on

and I have no doubt the real car will look the same as the ps

Hilarious...... I posted ale75's pic over on Ferrarichat and there are guys there saying it looks nothing like the car in the official pics and that it is simply another test mule. They are also saying the front grille is a different shape. It's amazing how many people just cannot assimilate information from a photograph without having referenced the original object in person first.

Here are the two pics for comparison. Plain as day that it's simply a black 458 with a bit of white tape over it to try to disguise the shape. Interesting that it appeared so soon after the official pics and that there are no Ferrari test drivers in sight on what appears to be a rural road. Ferrari "leaking" pics to keep up internet interest in their new car......... now how could I suggest or even think such a thing

Black test car vs promo.JPG

Scree:

It's a close up shot... taken very close to the car with very little zoom.

This creates the effect of a huge front end and tiny rear end. Most promo shots are taken from very far away with huge zoom lenses, to present better (more realistic) proportions. Not to mention the distortion created by all the white camouflage.

I'm guessing the reality of the car is much closer to the teaser shots than this.

Good point. I understand what you're referring to but my comments are more about how much this actual pic resembles the overall shape of the 430 where the first promo pics didn't look anything like the 430's shape.  Maybe they went overboard w/ the PS over-highlighting the body lines, making them look much more curvaceous & dramatic then the actual car. The hood looks much more flat, more 430'ish in the actual pic. the front fenders look more curvy, & rear quarters look much more curvy , higher in the promo pic. Even the front bumper's shape looks much more 430's ish in the actual pic. But even the whole shape looks different. I mean I can tell it's the same car but the actual pic is a somewhat let down to be honest.  I know, I know it's camoed & a dark color, bad angle etc. Hopefully in person it will look closer to the pic I have in my minds eye of the promo pic.

I can tell a 360 from a 430 from a distance but I've owned both cars, a 360 for 2 yrs & a 430 for 3 & unless you're sickly obsessed about F-cars it's not that obvious right away to most people, I just wonder if the 458 is more evolution then the revolution I initially thought it was based on the first PS promo pics. 

--

Rossi:
    STRADALE:

--

Gregg, did you notice? No additional horse at the front. Smiley

I did. It's going to be interesting to see what that really was.

--

If you asked me which cars looked more alike I'd say the black 458 & my F430. I'm not referring to all the new details; the lights, body creases, etc those are obviously different, I mean the overall shape, the silhouette.

1249593615730F4302nn.JPG1249593451978AZ1.jpg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763850 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436177 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260897 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257862 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82579 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876587 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808530 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM