Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Help: Colour choice~!

I am going to order my first porsche~ Panamera 4S

but now I am confused with the colour combination

for  exterior metalic black is my first choice.

I will choose some Carbon Fiber in interior, and what will be the best colour with it?

now I am thinking about full leather of blue, did anyone have seen that kind of combination? how about a picture of that?

what will be the best choice above my preferences(Exterior: metalic black, Interior Carbon +????)??

I hate CREAM, or other light colours, too easy to get dirty!!!

BLACK WITH CARBON OR BLUE WITH CARBON???

cheers~

Re: Help: Colour choice~!

Congratulations - shame you can neither spell Porsche or Panamera though! Smiley Smiley

Re colour - listening to other peoples opinions will leave you even more confused as everyone has different tastes. But, for what it's worth, black exterior and blue interior wouldn't be my ideal combination with or without carbon...Smiley

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue (Zuffenhausen collection)  BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

Panamera 4S

Exterior Color
    Basalt Black Metallic
    Interior Color
    Yachting Blue Full Leather
    Exterior
    ParkAssist (Front and Rear) Including Rearview Camera
    Porsche Entry & Drive
    Performance
    Sport Chrono Package Plus
    Wheels
    19" Panamera Design wheels
    Wheel Accessories
    Wheel Caps with Colored Crest

Interior
    Power Sunscreen for Rear Side Windows
    Rear Interior Lighting Package
    4-zone Automatic Air Conditioning System
    Power Sunscreen Behind Rear Seats
    14-way Power Seats with Memory Package
    8-way Power Seats (Rear)
    Heated Seats (Front and Rear)
    Seat Ventilation (Front and Rear)

Interior Carbon
    Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber
    Carbon Fiber Interior Package

Audio and Communications
    6 disc CD/DVD changer
    BOSE® Surround Sound-System

BTW,to dreamcar, sorry about my English~SmileySmileySmileySmiley

I'd say a big NO to black with a blue interior unless you aren't at all bothered about resale. This combination will not look good to most people and a dealer won't be overly keen to take it back. The blue interior would work better with white, silver or grey metallics. If you prefer a dark interior what about the natural leather option in Espresso which is a lovely rich coffee colour? Cognac would also work with black or you could simply choose a black interior?

Having seen thecar I'd also strongly suggest you think about going for the 20" wheels if it doesn't break the bank. The car looks under-wheeled on anything smaller.

Blue and black? No way. I would definetely choose the "classic" black & black combo, especially with carbon.

Or get "Espresso", another nice combo with black exterior color.

Good luck with your decision but honestly...forget about the blue interior. 

blue.png

espresso.png

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Btw: this would be my Panamera Turbo...if I would order one.  

I would also order black painted wheels when available.

Total price tag (and I didn't max out the options): 171000 EUR incl. 19% german VAT. Ouch. 

blackex.png

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

I love the the TURBO,but that will be the money issue.

I am current in china, the standard turbo version is about ¥2,490,000RMB, which is about 217,500 pounds or 254,600 euro. It is far too away from my budget (¥2,400,000 on road price)

The stand 4S plus my option is ¥2,227,500 plus 8% extra tax is just about ¥2,400,000. so...in anyway, I only can go for 4S.

Thanks to RC and ISUK, it will be too cool for Black and Black, god....anyone have seen the full leather yachting blue?

Have been to the factory and have seen all colour combinations. Apart from personal taste I    feel black is by far the best looking colour on the Panamera. Lighter colours make the car look bigger and lumpier. My favourite colour before seeing the car was the mid-grey; but this looks dull.

Bear in mind that in order to let the car stand out you need to give it the "sporty touch" imho. I have seen cars with light beige interiors, dark green or blue outside and small wheels and the whole thing looks extremely average. Don't forget this is a Porsche and should look like one!

I personally would never ever put the dark blue interior in a black car. The yachting interior is nice as a picture, but again does not go well with the black outside. I would look at all black interior or the dark brown espresso (with lighter stitching). Please bear also in mind that the car has a lot of "trim"; so there will be a lot carbon in the interior, which looks so so (again taste!). 

I can only fully agree with ISUK in an earlier post; your first option to choose are the 20' wheels! Anything smaller just looks odd and takes away a lot of the sporty look of the car.

Agreed!

Black S with 20" wheels ( must ) - in the rain . 

black S rain 01.JPG

black S rain 02.JPG

black S rain 03.JPG

P.S.  I woud pick black with cognac natural leather and  black CF  (or black wood)

Check this out. The interior matches well with black IMO

Porsche-Panamera-6.jpg

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

By over thinking and thinking, I just found the cabon is in a silly situation in panamera, neither sporty nor luxury, especially in thoes pics: the carbon in centre console is perfect, but from overall....Smiley

05.jpgs.

03.jpg

I am now considering Wooden interior~what will be the best color of wood for Black or Blue interior?

I have ordered mahagony with expresso, yachting and beige dials. What are opinions on mahagony for those who have seen it in person? Does it make car larger and less sporty than black?

simony007:

I am now considering Wooden interior~what will be the best color of wood for Black or Blue interior?

I like this wood very much

1249238812515New Image.JPG

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

rdk: i have seen various mahogany cars with espresso interiors. Mahogany is nice and looks "rich" on the car, definetely not sporty! I have ordered black as I am afraid that mahogany will bore me after some time. But again this is personal.

Re. black wood; Bear in mind that this wood is black with blue effect. I think best colour for black or blue interior is walnut brown (as standard in Turbo).

Ok i have gone so simple with colors carrera white with beige interior (luxur beige i think) withe tineo wood package and steering wheel burmester and rs spyder wheels. Adaptive seats plus sport chrono. Those r the must haves for my panny

The interior color nearly killed me! Anyone have a Platinum Grey interior in real life?

Cheers.....

Hi,

I have seen much Panamera´s:

Grey interior fits well with black ext.

As RCs said blue and black is no go.

For me the best comb. yachtingblue ext / yachtingblue creme bi-color int.

The carbon doesn´t look so nice, but much better then on pictures. The wood on the picture above looks great.

--

AM

Go for Black and Espresso. Have a similar combo in my BMW and it looks great. Black/Black is a bit boring IMO.

--
    993 Targa Black/Black

Starting from today or tomorrow the dealer in Germany will get their first Panameras. So this weekend the first test drives are possible.

--

AM

Misha011:

Black S with 20" wheels ( must ) - in the rain . 

black S rain 01.JPG

Wow,looks great form the view of this picture!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

This one is good - too     ( in  ALDOs  colors)

dsc_1327.jpg

00003.JPG

what's the color is this one?

This is Platinum Grey with Birch Anthracite wood inlays.

I don't want to upset anyone (again taste is very personal); but this combo is (to me) very boring, typical German combination. This combo takes away a lot of the luxury "feel" of the interior. But I know it will be sold a lot in germany; have seen many Ferrari's and Porsche's with this colour.

Just for your reference my car is spec'd as follows;

• Porsche Panamera 4S
    • Basalt Black exterior
    • Espresso interior with beige stitching (not confirmed yet)
    • 20" wheels
    • 14 way-Power seats and full leather interior
    • Adaptive lights
    • Porsche Entry & Drive
    • Park Assist with camera
    • Thermally and noise insulated Glass
    • rear wiper
    • Adaptive Air suspension
    • Sport Chrono Plus
    • Heated seats
    • Power sunscreen sides
    • Power sunscreen rear
    • Porsche logos front+rear
    • Alcantara roofliner
    • Walnut interior
    • Bose sound system
    • Bluetooth phone
    • Sun Roof
    • Powerlift tailgate
    • Multi Function steering wheel
    • PCM
    • VTS

993Targa:

Go for Black and Espresso. Have a similar combo in my BMW and it looks great. Black/Black is a bit boring IMO.

Black and Espresso might be an interesting alternative to Black/Black.

I'm afraid only a few colors "work" on the Panamera, for example black or white. The Panamera is very color "sensitive", so one needs to make sure to find the right combo. Since one can't see any of the possible combos in person, I wouldn't go with exotic combos since this could result in optical desaster.

--

Frank46:

This is Platinum Grey with Birch Anthracite wood inlays.

I don't want to upset anyone (again taste is very personal); but this combo is (to me) very boring, typical German combination. This combo takes away a lot of the luxury "feel" of the interior. But I know it will be sold a lot in germany; have seen many Ferrari's and Porsche's with this colour.

Well, I live in Germany and saw many many Porsche interiors over here but grey interiors are not very common, trust me. Most interiors over here are black or in various brown tones.

So I'm afraid YOU went with the "typical" german combo, welcome to the Club. Smiley

--

RC:
    Black and Espresso might be an interesting alternative to Black/Black.

I'm afraid only a few colors "work" on the Panamera, for example black or white. The Panamera is very color "sensitive", so one needs to make sure to find the right combo. Since one can't see any of the possible combos in person, I wouldn't go with exotic combos since this could result in optical desaster.

And I was thinking about ordering one in the GT3RS neon green...................................Smiley

Agree on yachting blue exterior, blue/creme interior!

007.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

Is it Carbon Grey Metalic?

Frank46:

Have been to the factory and have seen all colour combinations. Apart from personal taste I    feel black is by far the best looking colour on the Panamera. Lighter colours make the car look bigger and lumpier. My favourite colour before seeing the car was the mid-grey; but this looks dull.

Bear in mind that in order to let the car stand out you need to give it the "sporty touch" imho. I have seen cars with light beige interiors, dark green or blue outside and small wheels and the whole thing looks extremely average. Don't forget this is a Porsche and should look like one!

I personally would never ever put the dark blue interior in a black car. The yachting interior is nice as a picture, but again does not go well with the black outside. I would look at all black interior or the dark brown espresso (with lighter stitching). Please bear also in mind that the car has a lot of "trim"; so there will be a lot carbon in the interior, which looks so so (again taste!). 

I can only fully agree with ISUK in an earlier post; your first option to choose are the 20' wheels! Anything smaller just looks odd and takes away a lot of the sporty look of the car.

Smiley Which one is better when you both see Basalt Black and Carbon Grey Metalic?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759519 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433695 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259722 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256857 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80574 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870641 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805631 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM