Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Mercedes SLS AMG first picture

HAHA.... where did you find this pic Reginos - hilarious!

That guy has a really bad case of 'camel foot' - something one usually only sees in obese women with a taste for wearing lycra shorts

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I feel this picture is inappropriate. This is a family picture and should not be made fun of.  I am not reading any cruel intent on your part just a bit insensitive. The picture should be deleted.Smiley

--

Lars997:

HAHA.... where did you find this pic Reginos - hilarious!

I did a google search!

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

nberry:

I feel this picture is inappropriate. This is a family picture and should not be made fun of.  I am not reading any cruel intent on your part just a bit insensitive. The picture should be deleted.Smiley

Why,it's only a picture nothing improper? The Chinese say that "a picture is worth a thousand words" Smiley

--

So is that really how you view Americans Reginos or are you just making a joke? Its hard to determine considering your last two posts, maybe I'm just a thick headed American if I can't tell.

I am surprized by this thread. (probably for a different reason than you think)

But way too many americans have become just like that pic above, it goes along with what I talk about often and the change in the US in the last 30 years.

Anyway, I like this pic better;

brad-angelina-venice-pitt-jolie.jpg

Yes a far more accurate representation haha. I agree, the amount of Americans who are obese is scary. I mostly blame the parents for allowing their kids to eat like sh!t and not making them exercise enough.

I am not done;

Tom Gisele arch.jpg 

country style

tim-mcgraw-faith-hill-jeep-wrangler-rubicon.jpg

urbam style

sandra_jesse.jpg 

and the average american couple out for a evening of fun

arn1.jpg

trip:

So is that really how you view Americans Reginos or are you just making a joke? Its hard to determine considering your last two posts, maybe I'm just a thick headed American if I can't tell.

All in the spirit of harmless humor. You know how we all love stereotyping Smiley

--

Guys - you probably find similar pictures from other nationalities. No one want to put some nations into a corner. It was just a joke Reginos was doing. No reason for feeling insulted I hope. If someone does, please send me a PM.

Haha no it was just a long day at work, I thought he was joking but wanted to make sure.

Lars997:

Guys - you probably find similar pictures from other nationalities. No one want to put some nations into a corner. It was just a joke Reginos was doing. No reason for feeling insulted I hope. If someone does, please send me a PM.

Posting a family picture in an effort to ridicule is not something this board should allow. I have no doubt it was done without malice.The family  would not appreciate or accept how their photo was used. This has nothing to do with nationalities.

It should be deleted.

--

This thread has gone way off topic!!

It looks look they will make an fully electric version to

http://www.dailytech.com/Mercedes+OKs+Fully+Electric+Version+of+Upcoming+SLS+Gullwing+Coupe/article15717.htm

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

nberry:
    Lars997:

Posting a family picture in an effort to ridicule is not something this board should allow. I have no doubt it was done without malice.The family  would not appreciate or accept how their photo was used. This has nothing to do with nationalities.

It should be deleted.

Nick, all was meant in good humour obviously as i wrote above.

Anyway the picture in question (which I don't understand why you are so sensitive about) was extracted from this site:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com

which I believe is an american site, so you can address your complaint to them, if you so wish.

Relax, lay back and a sense of light hearted humour will always help you through your life Smiley

--

Interesting site. The policies there state this:

" Uncyclopedia is content-free: Uncyclopedia is content-free, licensed under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license and may be freely distributed and linked by all un-comrads. Recognise that articles are owned by the community at large and not by a single person or group so that any writing you contribute can be mercilessly edited and redistributed at will by the community. Because much of it is parody, Uncyclopedia is not quite as restrictive about copyright as Wikipedia"

" This page is considered an ignorable policy on Uncyclopedia.
    It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that everyone should follow, unless they don't want to, in which case they are free to ignore it. "

" Be civil and constructive: Respect your fellow Uncyclopedians even when they are (rarely) not being dicks. Avoid making personal attacks but sweeping generalisations are encouraged as long as you annoy everyone. "

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Uncyclopedia:Five_pliers

So, it appears that content (inc photos) obtained from that site can be exploited mercilessly for the purposes of parody and jokes Smiley

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I don't have any idea whether this family photo was co-opted from an internet photo site or their consent was given to have their photo posted on sites like ours to be ridiculed. I very much doubt their consent was given.

Rennteam is a sophisticated international car chat site. The posters are usually intelligent, reasonably informed and rarely malicious. To take a family portrait of people who cannot help how they look and use it to mock and taunt is not what we are about. it struck a nerve possibly more than it should have.

Reginos has always been a class act and possibly the shock to my system sent me in attack mode. 

Thanks for removing.

--

nberry:

a family portrait of people who cannot help how they look 

I agree with all that was said by you and trip in spirit though not degree and countered it in my own way, though I would like clarificatiom on the above line.

Are you serious with that thought? 

janus:

So what are the final dimensions of this car?

Getting back on topic... my question too, Janus... but my guess is that the SLS is very close to Ferrari 599 dimensions ie. large GT size 2 seater.    Weight is the other interesting aspect as it seems Merc. went some way to simplifying the tech. on this car which should translate to less pork than usual for Merc. Smiley

--

Present: 2005 STi,  2002 M Coupe

Future: 2009 Cayman S - pending;  2010? Audi RS5 ??

@4trac: as much as I read about that car your ideas are 100% right. AMG is promising that the car will be very agile with a great handling. The center of weight balance is very low.

The first in car reviews are telling the same, agile, fast, easy to handle.

As AMG/Mercedes never build a great track car, I'm not sure if they did it this time.

4trac:
    janus:

Getting back on topic... my question too, Janus... but my guess is that the SLS is very close to Ferrari 599 dimensions ie. large GT size 2 seater.    Weight is the other interesting aspect as it seems Merc. went some way to simplifying the tech. on this car which should translate to less pork than usual for Merc. Smiley

Technische Daten Mercedes SLS AMG V8, vorn längs • vier Ventile pro Zylinder • vier oben liegende Nockenwellen • Hubraum 6208 cm³ • Leistung 420 kW (571 PS) bei 6800/min • maximales Drehmoment 650 Nm bei 4750/min • Hinterradantrieb • Siebengang-DSG-Getriebe • Reifen vorne 265/35 R 19, hinten 295/30 R 20 • L/B/H 4640/1930/1210 mm • Spur vorne/hinten 1679/1649 mm • Radstand 2680 mm • Gewicht 1620 kg • Verbrauch EU-Mix 13,0 l SP (vorläufiger Wert) • Spitze 315 km/h • 0–100 km/h 3,8 s • Preis circa 165.000 Euro.

nberry:

I don't have any idea whether this family photo was co-opted from an internet photo site or their consent was given to have their photo posted on sites like ours to be ridiculed. I very much doubt their consent was given.

Rennteam is a sophisticated international car chat site. The posters are usually intelligent, reasonably informed and rarely malicious. To take a family portrait of people who cannot help how they look and use it to mock and taunt is not what we are about. it struck a nerve possibly more than it should have.

Reginos has always been a class act and possibly the shock to my system sent me in attack mode. 

Thanks for removing.

Although to me it was clear that reginos was making a lighthearted joke, and although your post borders on being slightly oversensitive and too PC, nonetheless, your post has honourable intentions - which I certainly respect - and the point you make is well made Smiley

Let's get back on topic - gosh, that Merc is hideous Smiley Like it can't make up its mind - retro, new Smiley

---

Talking of parodies (as per above), the styling of this new M-B SLS is a complete parody of the original 50s car. I cannot imagine how M-B OK this design.

They could have made a modern interpretation of the original theme but never this bad toy styling. For example the Ferrari 599 GTB is a thoroughly successful modern interpretation of the 365 GTB/4 Daytona theme. On the contrary the SLS looks like a fake copy of the original, like a fake Rolex bought from a market in Thailand.

A pity because the technical aspect appears very promising.
    --

KresoF1:
    4trac:
    janus:

Technische Daten Mercedes SLS AMG V8, vorn längs • vier Ventile pro Zylinder • vier oben liegende Nockenwellen • Hubraum 6208 cm³ • Leistung 420 kW (571 PS) bei 6800/min • maximales Drehmoment 650 Nm bei 4750/min • Hinterradantrieb • Siebengang-DSG-Getriebe • Reifen vorne 265/35 R 19, hinten 295/30 R 20 • L/B/H 4640/1930/1210 mm • Spur vorne/hinten 1679/1649 mm • Radstand 2680 mm • Gewicht 1620 kg • Verbrauch EU-Mix 13,0 l SP (vorläufiger Wert) • Spitze 315 km/h • 0–100 km/h 3,8 s • Preis circa 165.000 Euro.

OK thanks, Kreso.. I was pretty close with my guess on dimensions - the SLS is only ~25mm shorter and narrower than a 599.  But that 1620 kg weight is incredibly light for a Merc... only 40 kg or so heavier than a 997TT?  That would certainly help the handling in theory, but interestingly on the video showing the SLS on N-ring it does not look that easy to handle....a bit nervous in many corners.

--

Present: 2005 STi,  2002 M Coupe

Future: 2009 Cayman S - pending;  2010? Audi RS5 ??

993Targa:

Americans are not known for their sense of style ..

But the Swiss are, right? Smiley Smiley

C'mon...we're an international forum, show some respect. Smiley

swiss.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Racer, funny that in your examples of American Style you put in a Brazilian and a Austrian as part of your sample

Don't know where I stand yet on the SLS... would have to see it in the flesh.

--
    2007 997TT Blk/Blk 2007 X3 Sil Gry/Taupe 2002 E46 M3 Slvr/Blk (gone)

thuggy:

Racer, funny that in your examples of American Style you put in a Brazilian and a Austrian as part of your sample

True but Arnie has spent 2/3 of his life here and is naturalized and Giselle married the all-american guy and is carrying an american citizen. 

America welcomes legal immigrants and it goes to show how well the architects of this country set it up so that even with 30 years of terrible leadership we are still the place that people who can live anywhere choose to live.

How about Sonny Crockett (at 60) with his 40 year old wife, can't get more american than that; 

don johnson crockett.jpg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762101 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435185 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260420 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257486 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80915 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872049 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807427 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM