Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS press release timing...

ready for tomorrow?

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

i am waiting like crazySmiley

I hope there will be the option of solid colors with no decals. White or black please!

dying - cant wait
    --
    Gee Tee Two, dangit she is fun Chevy Tahoe, dangit are you a big pig

One of the first official pictures will show a dark grey GT3 RS wil red accents like mirrors, rims, part of the rear spoiler and decals.

The rear wing will be fixed on aluminium mounts like in case of the GT3 RSR.

New car will have 450hp, from 0 to 100 kph in 4 sec and will reach 310 kph as top speed.

Price in Germany is 145.871,00 Euro.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

So the price is the same as for 997.2 Turbo?

Do not know what to say.... Just saw that pic of Grey RS... Not my cup of tea at all...

...also expect to see a larger "triple" air-ram on the new GT3 RS... 

2010-Porsche-911-GT3-RS_air-ram-1.jpg

2010-Porsche-911-GT3-RS_air-ram-2.jpg

12506225239622010-Porsche-911-GT3-RS_air-ram.jpg

Smiley

KresoF1:

So the price is the same as for 997.2 Turbo?

Do not know what to say.... Just saw that pic of Grey RS... Not my cup of tea at all...

Is it the same price? Smiley

Didn't recognize that...

--

Rossi:

One of the first official pictures will show a dark grey GT3 RS wil red accents like mirrors, rims, part of the rear spoiler and decals.

The rear wing will be fixed on aluminium mounts like in case of the GT3 RSR.

New car will have 450hp, from 0 to 100 kph in 4 sec and will reach 310 kph as top speed.

Price in Germany is 145.871,00 Euro.

So the rear wing could look like this :)

rsr-rear.jpg

one question will it be DFI or  metzer

The new GT3 RS will be based on the GT1-derived (Metzger) engine...

Porsche Technology: "The Legend Lives"

(June 2008)

For more than 40 years, the engines used in the Porsche 911 models have provided for extraordinary driving pleasure as well as major racing victories. Providing reliable power in the rear of the car, this core component has evolved over four decades with major technical advances.

A boxer engine never gives up. It ducks away, slips into the tightest gap, and releases a powerful punch. It has defied the world now for almost 45 years. This 911 engine was made for driving full speed ahead. It sits snugly behind the rear axle, where its power enjoys full play and where it propels the 911 forward in compliance with the whims and pleasure of the driver. It is the king of both the road and the racetrack, and a synonym for all the properties that ennoble a machine: robust, reliable, and strong as an ox.

This engine started out in 1963 as a 2.0-liter unit with 130 horsepower. In 1978 it reached 845 hp in the “Moby Dick” racer. In the current version of the 911 GT3, it plays with a capacity of 3.6 liters and 415 horsepower, and 480 in the 911 Turbo. It has swallowed gasoline and methanol, and versions have won Le Mans a hefty 14 times. It has viewed every boost in its capacity as a spur to greater performance, and it has never sputtered in either induction or turbocharged form. It continues to be transformed to this day—having been called RS, GT1, GT2, or GT3, each signifying higher levels of performance. Even in 1997, when the big fan wheel was retired for good and what had previously been an air-cooled boxer engine was now redesigned as a liquid-cooled power pack, it never lost its soul. Nor its sound and certainly not its power. Moreover, this 911 assembly is a classic example of the delicate balance between performance and fuel consumption. At the turn of the millennium, the last air-cooled 911 bi-turbo (Type 993) could be counted among the cleanest cars in the world.

Porsche-Mezger-Engine.jpg

This is a great track record for an engine whose designers actually miscalculated it in a marvelous way. With the Carrera 3.0, they had attained undreamt of capacity levels by the mid-1970s, which subsequently led Ferry Porsche to admit, “Had I known in 1960 that it would be possible to expand an engine to well over three liters, I would have told my engineers to make it smaller. I’m glad I didn’t know.”

The engineers meant well. In the early 1970s, the new Porsche 911 also needed a new engine. For reasons of space, it was to remain a boxer engine with six cylinders—strong and expandable. Hans Mezger, an engineer and the father of many successful Porsche racing engines, joined the 911 team. He contributed his experience from the Formula One, which had influenced his entire working career. As he explained, “The shape of the combustion chamber is a crucial factor in fuel consumption and performance.” And so it was reworked from top to bottom yet again. Other essential technical innovations included the dry-sump lubrication as well as the hydraulic chain tensioner and slide rails. In contrast to a wet-sump system, the dry-sump collects the oil that always accumulates at the base of the crankcase, extracts it, and feeds it back into the oil tank. This keeps oil quality at a higher level, which in turn benefits sensitive components such as con-rod bearings. And despite engine expansion at high temperatures, the hydraulic chain tensioner ensures that the chain runs without a hitch.

Porsche-Engine-Installation.jpg

These two factors—technology and experience—were the promising preconditions for coaxing ever greater power from the engine for both the production cars and racers. To quote Mezger again, “It’s the easiest thing in the world to change the capacity.”

Still, it was courageous to bring the first 911 Turbo 3.0 onto the market in 1975, right on the heels of the oil crisis. The engine commanded 260 horsepower (234 in the United States) at the time at an inconceivably modest (for a Porsche) 5,500 rpm. But Porsche had driven to major victories in North America with the turbocharged twelve-cylinder engines in the 917 Spyders, and had mastered the feared “turbo lag” with the help of small turbochargers and a bypass-based, boost-pressure control system (the wastegate). This experience was applied to the 911 Turbo, known as the 930.

The 911 engine also survived the introduction of catalytic converters with flying colors. Because of its strong presence on the North American market, Porsche started tackling exhaust emissions and was experimenting with thermal reactors in the collector before catalytic converters became mandatory in the United States. Exhaust was combusted several times before being emitted. And catalytic converters were used in the early 1980s at the 944 Cup. So Porsche learned to handle the exhaust backpressure arising from these converters. It optimized the honeycomb structures in the converter monolith accordingly. With its 3.6-liter capacity and 285 horsepower, the last air-cooled 911 was a pièce de résistance. And it was the last of its type.

Porsche-Engine-Assembly.jpg

The fan community might have mourned briefly—only to be promptly thrilled in 1997 with the first water-cooled 911. The engineers didn’t let the emotional attachment dip even slightly. Thomas Krickelberg, a pupil of Mezger and a power-train project director for the 911 Carrera series, recalls that “the engine continued to sit in the rear, and we built yet another six-cylinder boxer. This meant that the firing order and the charge cycle were predetermined—and thus the air-induction noises and the exhaust sounds were practically identical to those of its predecessor.” But the engineers still redid the design, following the credo of Ferry Porsche and Mezger. Because greater capacity also means higher fuel consumption, Porsche was increasingly harnessing new technology to achieve greater engine speed while reducing fuel consumption. The 911 of 1997 therefore had only a 3.4-liter capacity, but 300 horsepower. This was followed by the introduction of VarioCam Plus, which uses oil pressure to achieve continuously variable electro-hydraulic timing control of the intake camshafts. VarioCam Plus also enabled two-step electro-hydraulic adjustment of the intake valves, which ensured optimum combustion and a parallel reduction in fuel consumption.

The development of the turbo would be interesting for environmental reasons alone. In addition to boost-pressure control, charge-air coolers had long become standard and the turbo became a bi-turbo (with two smaller compressors). Another ground-breaking effort was the introduction of variable turbine geometry. It optimizes exhaust flow to the turbine blades, resulting in better low-rpm response without sacrificing high-speed power. Drivers can enjoy impressive torque and response even in lower rpm ranges, and their cars also need considerably less fuel. The current turbo has 480 hp for a 3.6-liter capacity. To achieve comparable performance levels, a naturally aspirated engine would need a capacity of 5.4 liters, which would also require substantially more fuel. Even next to these high-tech assemblies, the original 911 makes a respectable showing. The heart of the current 911 Turbo continues to beat in a crankcase like that of the old engine, and the cylinder heads and housing resemble those of the legendary “super 911,” the Porsche 959. History continues to be written—and the legend lives...

Porsche-Technology-Metzger-Engine-Article_LINK 

Smiley

are u confident, i mean is there a rumor around or are you hoping, becouse the rs is esentialy a homologation special, anf from 2010 dfi and dsg is alowed in both ACO and FIA

It's 00:17 in Europe and still no info. Waiting...

Autocar info: 

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/242570/

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello.  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2

hot from the dealer

GT3 RS MY 2010:

• 6 Cylinder 3.8i naturally aspirated engine, delivering 450 bhp, max torque: 430Nm
    • Titanium exhaust pipes and muffler
    • 6 speed manual transmission with inertial flywheel and oil cooler
    • Limited Slip Differential
    • McPherson-strut front suspension with 12mm enlarged track and anti roll bar – front
    • McPherson multi link rear suspension with 30mm enlarged track and anti roll bar – rear
    • Dynamic Engine Mount
    • New Rear Wing – this is the latest design of wings used throughout modern day racing events, the most advanced used on production vehicles to date. This massively increases down force to the rear of the car due to an air flow design. Wing support in forged aluminum, carbon wing and side plates.
    • 2 seater coupe with “flared body” – front, 26mm and rear, 44mm
    • Colours available - Carrera White, Aqua Blue Metallic, Greyblack (TBC. No explanation given for this color combination to date)

Picture 1.jpgPicture 2.jpgPicture 3.jpgPicture 4.jpgPicture 5.jpgRS.jpg

Not a fan of the stickers but happy to turn all red items to black on the dark grey car

Re: More GT3RS info (and a new limited production super-997 for 2010!)

RC:

There will be a nice "suprise" at the IAA at Frankfurt.  

After FL Turbo, GT3RS then GT3 Cup, is there still another surprise at Frankfurt? Smiley

--

93' Guard Red 968 Coupe

Monster:
    RC:

There will be a nice "suprise" at the IAA at Frankfurt.  

After FL Turbo, GT3RS then GT3 Cup, is there still another surprise at Frankfurt? Smiley

It's the limited edition 997 "Sport Classic" (rumour is only 250 will be made). So after Carrera, S, 4, 4S, targa 4, targa 4S, GT3, GT3RS, GT3 Cup, Turbo, Turbo S and GT2  (did I miss one? Smiley) we could finally see a 911 SC again. Chances are that it will be a special model to celebrate the 100th birthday of Ferry Porsche.

It looks as if the SC will be RWD but in the wide body chassis of the AWD-models, it will feature the X51 as standard, new duck-tail spoiler (reminiscent to the RS of the 70ies), special exhaust, double bubble roof (possibly made of CF) and new rims that are a reminder of the famous "Fuchs-Felgen". Colour scheme is said to be grey for the outside and some retro brown leather interior.

--

Rossi:

It looks as if the SC will be RWD but in the wide body chassis of the AWD-models, it will feature the X51 as standard, new duck-tail spoiler (reminiscent to the RS of the 70ies), special exhaust, double bubble roof (possibly made of CF) and new rims that are a reminder of the famous "Fuchs-Felgen". Colour scheme is said to be grey for the outside and some retro brown leather interior.

Bravo Rossi!!! now you can buy a Porsche!!!SmileySmiley

Smiley

--

Super Darius:
    Rossi:

Smiley

Another? Smiley

--

just what i was asking for.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Rossi:
    Super Darius:

Smiley

Another? Smiley

i lost something?Smiley

--

Super Darius:
    Rossi:
    Super Darius:

Smiley

Another? Smiley

i lost something?Smiley

C2S sealgrey/cocoa, will be replaced by silver C4S PDK soon. Smiley

--

Rossi:

oooops,sorry i lost this info...maybe is fault of your avatar and signatureSmiley

mmhh,well so congrats bro!SmileySmiley

--

Super Darius:

oooops,sorry i lost this info...maybe is fault of your avatar and signatureSmiley

Could be true. Smiley

Super Darius:

mmhh,well so congrats bro!SmileySmiley

So do I get admittance to the club now? Smiley

--

Rossi:

So do I get admittance to the club now? Smiley

yess,you are the boss of the club!

--

Yeap, i've to say. WELL DONE GUYS. Really nice job. I'm not talkiing about the stickers and the selection of the color with this red, but this can be modified. I'm sure some will get some really nice idea.

--

Cayenne Turbo - Mini Cooper S - 997 GT3

Rossi:
    Super Darius:
    Rossi:
    Super Darius:

Smiley

Another? Smiley

i lost something?Smiley

No targa?  I know you like the Targa. Smiley  And also why do you prefer the C4S to the C2S?

Ziggy:
    Rossi:
    Super Darius:
    Rossi:
    Super Darius:

Smiley

Another? Smiley

i lost something?Smiley

No targa?  I know you like the Targa. Smiley  And also why do you prefer the C4S to the C2S?

I had an extensive test drive (a couple of days) of the Targa 4S. While I liked it, there were some serious quality problems with the fitting of the roof. Though you couldn't see anything what could be wrong with it, the roof made some intolerable and totally annoying noise when closed. Of course I know, that this is not imminent to the Targa and could probably be fixed, but after that experience I lost my confidence in the Targa roof. Smiley

And why C4S? Several reasons. I had a RWD 997 already, 997.2 has the advanced AWD of the Turbo, the four wheel drive in the 997 feels good and I rather like the widebody as well as the red stripe between the rear lights (I guess some will kill me for the latter Smiley ).

--

Rossi:
    Ziggy:
    Rossi:
    Super Darius:
    Rossi:
    Super Darius:

Smiley

Another? Smiley

i lost something?Smiley

I had an extensive test drive (a couple of days) of the Targa 4S. While I liked it, there were some serious quality problems with the fitting of the roof. Though you couldn't see anything what could be wrong with it, the roof made some intolerable and totally annoying noise when closed. Of course I know, that this is not imminent to the Targa and could probably be fixed, but after that experience I lost my confidence in the Targa roof. Smiley

And why C4S? Several reasons. I had a RWD 997 already, 997.2 has the advanced AWD of the Turbo, the four wheel drive in the 997 feels good and I rather like the widebody as well as the red stripe between the rear lights (I guess some will kill me for the latter Smiley ).

Thanks.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763072 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435689 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257689 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80988 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5323 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872596 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808036 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM