Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Panamera Photographers have a good eye...

...they don't seem to like the rear, this is why apparently all latest Panamera shots are from a certain viewing angle where the rear doesn't come out too bad.

Look at this very good example of how photography can change the view. Smiley

For you information only: all other pics from this photo series are taken from the front. Smiley

panapic.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Re: Panamera Photographers have a good eye...

This is something I noticed even in the promotional videos, a lot of camera angles, everything but the butt. 

Very true, and they are using a wide angle lens at close proximity so that the station wagon "hump" gets flattened and stretched out so it looks... well, how it should of looked in real life what a dissaster from the design department...

--

its a compromise, if that "hump" wouldnt be there then I think people would start complaining about the headroom in the back.....

what's roby naish doing there ?

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

It surprised me to see that Porsche changed the size of rims in the below image when used in an Christophorus article.

pa.jpeg

Ferdie:

It surprised me to see that Porsche changed the size of rims in the below image when used in an Christophorus article.

pa.jpeg

i guess they wanted the car lo looks more proportional. if thats even possible

I for one think that the added headroom for the back seats was the right choice, as it opens up the car to more customers. Without that, the Panamera would indeed not make very much sense.

Enmanuel:

i guess they wanted the car lo looks more proportional. if thats even possible

I find it odd that Porsche needs to alter an image to make the car look different, here is the direct comparison (Press picture - Christophorus article). I initially thought about the new wheel option Kreso once mentioned but they also increased the size of calipers: Smiley

12473993398771.jpg

it is only the area of back seat head room that is making it ugly IMO. if that part is little lower it would be alot acceptable. 

can some one play with photoshop on the back , and shave little of the back headroom and side window slops down instead.. just like a 911 .

There is a constant rumor that Mr. Wiedeking wasn't happy with the headroom when the car was almost ready and it took the designers and engineers some sleepless nights and a lot of sweat to increase the headroom in a very short period of time.

I guess we all can see the result of this "improvement". Sad.

Again: I really think that the Panamera was the right decision and I like the idea of a Porsche limousine but I never would have imagined that it looks sooooooo big and soooooo...well...how should I put it...interesting... *LOL*

As always with Porsche (remember the sunny side up eggs styled frontlights?), the early adopters will be those who pay the "price" for going for the first cars. I bet that in 3-5 years, the "hump" in the rear will be a thing of the past.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

There is a constant rumor that Mr. Wiedeking wasn't happy with the headroom when the car was almost ready and it took the designers and engineers some sleepless nights and a lot of sweat to increase the headroom in a very short period of time.

I guess we all can see the result of this "improvement". Sad.

I guess next time around Porsche should hire a shorter CEO.  WW's height appearently messed up the whole design Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

"Form follows function" always at Porsche.

The complete opposite is a car like the X6. Reduce functionality to achieve a certain (ugly to my eyes) appearance.

Anyway the Panamera debate only exists on the internet  and in magazines. All the people I've spoken to who have seen the car live, had nothing negative to say. They were at worst neutral.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

RC: I bet that in 3-5 years, the "hump" in the rear will be a thing of the past.

This is what I think as well.

--

2-3 cm 'shaved'

2 panas.jpg

For more fair comparison ....        ( how much would this roof line effect head room  Smiley  )

christophorus & mt.jpg

Misha that cm that you shaved off the car are very important, especially when the car is a hatchback. Exactly in that place are the hinges for the rear tailgate. Apart from extra insulation that you have to build in because there are two pieces of metal together, the tail and the roof, and also there is the interior roof panel... so on... So there will be no more headroom in the car at all. Also take a look at the shape the roof panel takes in the car, there is not that much headroom. How it comes down just because all the mechanics implied in using a hatchback.

62-porsche-panamera-fd.jpg160771_66_preview.jpg

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Ed , I did it because 996AD asked .  Interestingly no comments from him or other people above who complained . Yes , there are some bad pics. of Panamera , but there are plenty of good one - like this one , which I should have posted instead of that  ' p-shop ' .

panamera099.jpg

Misha, I know that we both like the Panamera... and it wasn´t a comment directly at you. I mentioned you because you did the Photoshop. It was more a generic comment. Because there is so much critics on how a car should have been buid, but so little knowledge of why it was build in a certain way. So.. to the Panamera...

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Smiley

Porsche-Panamera_005.jpg

Nice photo Misha!

sorry Misha , I was away for a while.. you did a good job Smiley , but i expected even lower back and the back passenger window curved down Smiley

I wish i have time to learn the photo shop.. please Misha try the window and you will be able to lower the hump little down Smiley

we have a long list on panamera here , people hate the design but they have so much trust in porsche and don't care about design as much as quality . 

of course like RC said I expect people will get used to it . also the face lift will be alot better im sure about that .

996AD:

sorry Misha , I was away for a while.. you did a good job Smiley , but i expected even lower back and the back passenger window curved down Smiley

I wish i have time to learn the photo shop.. please Misha try the window and you will be able to lower the hump little down Smiley

996AD , I don't have P-shop .  I open the pic. in ' Paint '  and then use those simple tools .... , that's how I modified that pic.   To lower the roof further down , I am afraid rear seats wold be good for children only .  However some professionals did something very close to your idea / request  and I am re-posting it here for you 

pana_02.jpg

hi

in the first photo (the with panamera)

what is the black disk just benhind the break disk?strange no?

Part of Electronic Parking Brake system

electronic parking brake?strange

bad for unbalanced weigth i think 

Panamera-4S_6.jpg Panamera-4S_6  mt.JPG

Hi Misha,

I dont get the difference on the two pictures above?

Hi Lars ,

Slightly modified left rear fender / light  (2nd pic.)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762149 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435206 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260436 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257494 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80918 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872065 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807460 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM