Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Video: Nissan GT-R 2009 7.26.7 lap around Nordschleife

MKSGR:

These videos are of very limited use as several independant tests are available now.

This post is really fun. "Of limited use" - as I said earlier, just enjoy Mr Suzuki's driving style. Look how he drives in Fuchsröhre, Bergwerk, Huppe Rechts, Karousell, Anfart Schwalbenswanz, Galgenkopf, just to name a few. When you see that kind of driving you will realize that the time is correct.

MKSGR:
     We don't need Nissan employees posting BS here again and again. Nissan trolls not allowed here Smiley Please take this into account if you should consider posting nonsense again. Thanks. Our patience is limited.

ROFL

Sadly, it's not only your patience that's limited.

MKSGR, how does Patrick know if it's possible or not?  Has he driven the GT-R at the Ring?   Just seems rediculous that someone can make a claim like that when they have not even tried it themselves.  It's not as if he knows the GT-R well or anything.  And your constant doubt in light of all the evidence out there is making you look less and less credible.  I said months ago that the GT-R is not a track car, it is quick but it is limited on the number of laps it can do.  Hence the Spec V which in itself isn't quicker, but just more durable.  So what you are saying doesn't surprise anyone.  Nissan has never claimed that the GT-R is a race car or track car, but they do claim that it can do very fast lap times.  I think AUM nailed it with the boost analysis.  Maybe you can tell us how else Nissan can cheat when they invited the world press to check and verify the tyres and suspension and whatever else that can be verified visually.  And lastly, just because more and more of us are actually impressed with the speed of the GT-R doesn't mean that we want to own one.  Just like I appreciate the speed of a GT2 but I would buy a slower GT3 anytime of the day.

The way Nissan cheated is obvious when you look at the videos - they used Mr Suzuki as driver. I have never ever seen anyone drive as comitted and hard as Mr Suzuki on the Ring.

And the reason why he can do it is (1) he's an extremly talanted driver (2) he know the car inside out (3) he has 100 % confidence in the car.

I call that MAXIUM RESPECT Nissan & Mr Suzuki. Other call it cheating...

WAY:

MKSGR, how does Patrick know if it's possible or not?  Has he driven the GT-R at the Ring?   

Of course he did his own test of the GTR on the NBR-NS (actually comparing it to the 997TT - which he describes as being too soft for being as quick as the GTR). Also, please note that Patrick Simon is one of the quickest drivers on the NBR-NS. Apart from doing the fastest lap ever driven in a street legal car (7.16 on an EDO) he also did a 7.26 on a customer's Carrera GT quite recently. Just to illustrate how fast he is.

His statements are highly reliable Smiley

Orabidoo:

The way Nissan cheated is obvious when you look at the videos - they used Mr Suzuki as driver. I have never ever seen anyone drive as comitted and hard as Mr Suzuki on the Ring.

And the reason why he can do it is (1) he's an extremly talanted driver (2) he know the car inside out (3) he has 100 % confidence in the car.

I call that MAXIUM RESPECT Nissan & Mr Suzuki. Other call it cheating...

You are then 1 (actually 2, I forgot the Nissan employee Walter) of 1000 who still believes in what Nissan tells you to buy one of their cars. Congratulations - Nissan will be proud of you Smiley Did you actually buy one? I am just asking because the two owners I know personally are not that happy given all the overheating and brake fading issues.

artur777:

Those 2 owners you are talking about - maybe they don't know finally know how to treat the car or to use it to its maximum potential.

Smiley

SciFrog:
    artur777:

Those 2 owners you are talking about - maybe they don't know finally know how to treat the car or to use it to its maximum potential.

Smiley

SciFrog, I just deleted the last two posts. If we accept this level of quality the forum will suffer. It is of no value to discuss with these guys on this level Smiley

Its your right to delete posts if you are a moderator.\

But everybody has his own opinion.

And you look just ridiculous when you are doing so without any comments.

Come to Moscow and see with your eyes what GTR and 911 Turbo in different stages of tuning are capable for.

I know what I am saying. And you are not really.

I am not a boy to delete my posts. If you have smth to say me here - just say, but dont delete my right to tell you that you are a little bit too enthusiatic.

OkSmiley?

PS BTW - I have placed an order for 997.2 TT that shows my level of commitment to Porsche. Just I am for justice

MKSGR, you usually are the voice of moderation and reason on this site. I find your comments regarding the GT-R puzzling. You are defending your point in the face of strong evidence to the contrary. So insistent are you of your position,and completely out of character, your attacking people who post against your position.   

This is not like you. Now I want you to have a moment of honestly regarding your position; what is Porsche doing for you and if the GT-R time of 7.26-27 is accurate, how will your world end?

--

artur777:

Its your right to delete posts if you are a moderator.\

But everybody has his own opinion.

And you look just ridiculous when you are doing so without any comments.

Come to Moscow and see with your eyes what GTR and 911 Turbo in different stages of tuning are capable for.

I know what I am saying. And you are not really.

I am not a boy to delete my posts. If you have smth to say me here - just say, but dont delete my right to tell you that you are a little bit too enthusiatic.

OkSmiley?

PS BTW - I have placed an order for 997.2 TT that shows my level of commitment to Porsche. Just I am for justice

Your perspective is well appreciated. All qualified views are important and add some important perspective to the discussion Smiley

What is important, though, is to keep a realsitic perspective. Most of our posts are based on first (or in the case of the GTR direct second) hand experience. It is important to consider the experience of GTR owners. Please be assured that the experiences I report about properly reflect the perception of track oriented GTR owners/drivers Smiley

nberry:

MKSGR, you usually are the voice of moderation and reason on this site. I find your comments regarding the GT-R puzzling. You are defending your point in the face of strong evidence to the contrary. So insistent are you of your position,and completely out of character, your attacking people who post against your position.   

This is not like you. Now I want you to have a moment of honestly regarding your position; what is Porsche doing for you and if the GT-R time of 7.26-27 is accurate, how will your world end?

Nick, I just post what is my firm believe. Over the last two weeks, I have been in contact with two new GTR owners here in Germany (both track their cars) and with Patrick Simon (who tested the GTR vs. the 997TT on the NBR-NS and who is one of the fastest drivers out there). Thus, my posts are based on the experience of GTR owners/drivers. 

What would you suggest should we do with posters (orabidoo) that contributed approx. 20 posts, all on GTR related topics, all trying to provoke us, all repeating "offical Nissan marketing talk", nothing else? Posters who have nothing to contribute based on facts? Posters that just repeat the same stuff again and again? Without any facts supporting their posts?

Rennteam is not the place for Nissan employees/sub-contractors to spread their BS another time. Walter and the other guy (both posting (nearly) exclusively on Nissan GTR threads) should be aware of this.

Rennteam is a place for sportscar enthusiasts. Rennteam is not another marketing platform for OEMs. It is as simple as that Smiley

nberry:

BTW: Nick, you should really get a GTR. I am sure the cup holder is ideally suited for Starbucks coffee cups Smiley 

P.S.: However, please don't drive to fast. You know - the gear box temp should always stay below 140°C Smiley

MKSGR, please consider quitting as a moderator. You are not suitable for this work and you are making Rennteam look  intolerant and blinkered, which it certainly is not, apart from you.

--

MKSGR, I definitely am not a GT-R type guy and cannot see myself going into Starbucks with one. I have a reputation to uphold.

I was not aware the posters were Nissan employees. At a minimum they should identify their affiliation in order for us to make a judgment regarding their objectiveness. 

AUM you and I have agreed on many things but your last post regarding MKSGR quitting is silly and immature. Moderators have a right to strong opinions regarding subjects and people. They are participants just like us and becoming moderators does not strip them of that right. Saints they are not.

--

AUM:

MKSGR, please consider quitting as a moderator. You are not suitable for this work and you are making Rennteam look  intolerant and blinkered, which it certainly is not, apart from you.

There are a handful of people who show up and post only in this forum and only on the GT-R. They mock the opinions of others who disagree with the offical Nissan claims and that is not a positive element to Rennteam either, with one of these posters personally attacking Marcus. These people would have been banned from most other forums a long time ago. Rennteam consists primarily of people who actually own and drive sports cars and whom are interested in more than factory claims which are repeated ad nauseum by the same 3 people. No independent body has been able to come close to the Nissan NBR time and apparently some owners are not happy with the performance/limitations of the car. These are relevant points to the discussion, personal attacks and Nissan propaganda are not.

Doe anyone know how many GT-R's are sold?

AUM:

Please consider to discontinue visiting Rennteam. You don't have anything to contribute.

What is actually very funny: after we proved that you posted lies some months ago you suddenly became very, very quiet. Now you are back with the same dum**** strategy. Maybe it would be best to just delete you from the user list.

nberry:

I was not aware the posters were Nissan employees. At a minimum they should identify their affiliation in order for us to make a judgment regarding their objectiveness. 

AUM you and I have agreed on many things but your last post regarding MKSGR quitting is silly and immature. Moderators have a right to strong opinions regarding subjects and people. They are participants just like us and becoming moderators does not strip them of that right. Saints they are not.

Thanks Nick Smiley

At least user Walter has identified himself as a Nissan employee. The other (orabidoo) has been around only shortly (he did a total of 20 posts - all on the GTR... all aiming in the same direction...). It is not a new concept of OEMs to use the Internet as a marketing platform. They should be aware that this is also known to us. In the long run a board will suffer if we accept this kind of posting Smiley

JoeRockhead:
    AUM:

There are a handful of people who show up and post only in this forum and only on the GT-R. They mock the opinions of others who disagree with the offical Nissan claims and that is not a positive element to Rennteam either, with one of these posters personally attacking Marcus. These people would have been banned from most other forums a long time ago. Rennteam consists primarily of people who actually own and drive sports cars and whom are interested in more than factory claims which are repeated ad nauseum by the same 3 people. No independent body has been able to come close to the Nissan NBR time and apparently some owners are not happy with the performance/limitations of the car. These are relevant points to the discussion, personal attacks and Nissan propaganda are not.

Many Thanks Smiley It is good to read that the old Rennteamers  share the same opinion. Maybe it is because we can still remember the time when posters like AUM where not dumping their stuff on this platform... Let's work jointly on keeping the old tradition: as you state - Rennteam consists primarily of people who actually own and drive sports cars and whom are interested in more than factory claims SmileySmileySmiley

At least Nissan honors the importance of Rennteam 

Eunice:

At least Nissan honors the importance of Rennteam 

That's true - never thought about this aspect Smiley Smiley

AUM:

This is your most unfortunate post here on rennteam, a comment which you are not qualified to even make, and as a "guest" in this house its of poor character to make such a comment. So next time meditate to 10 and keep it to yourself.

--

Eunice:

Doe anyone know how many GT-R's are sold?

All I know is that the production is limited but don't know the number though, probably somewere around 2000/year

--

Rennteam consists primarily of people who actually own and drive sports cars and whom are interested in more than factory claims SmileySmileySmiley

That's why I thought I could contribute - since I - as opposite of many others- has quite a lot of experince from the Ring. As I stated ealier, I have driven so many different cars in different conditions on the Ring. I'm very used to data logging of speeds on the Ring and so on... All that experince tells me that Nissan has not cheated. But hey - believe what you want.

Several months ago,Porsche accused GTR of cheating on the Ring,and soon Nissan replied them.

And now ,we know that Porsche still keep silent after Nissan hit back Porsche's claim.

If Nissan is really cheating,Porsche must have enough evidance.They have a GTR,and they can test it anywhere,anytime,anyhow they want.I think Porsche know the GTR much better than us.

But Porsche havn't say a word a again. I don't know why.

This is to MKSGR:

I don't know how many race cars you have driven on the Nordscheife, but I assume you have since you have so strong opinons. And I also assume (hope )that you are very familiar to data logging and lap timing analysis of the Ring.

Well, let's do some maths. Sport Auto lap is approx 20,6 km. HvS time is 7,38, Suzuki with the same car 7,29 (remember the rims on the 7,26,7 time where not the same as HvS had, so let's be fair and compare the 7,29 time with the 7,38 time).

Let's also assume that HvS acutally did drive 20,6 km (perhaps it says how long he drove in the Supertest?). Mr Suzuki did definitly drive a shorter lap than HvS (just look at the videos), let's say 100 meter (which is quite little). Which means that Mr Suzuki drove 20,5 km. Quite reasonable assumption.

That means that HvS average speed was 161,92 km/h and Mr Suzuki's 164,37. Do I sincerely believe that Mr Suzuki can be, on average, 2,45 km/h faster than HvS? Yes! Just look how he drives! All my experince of studying data logs of the Nordscheife says that that sounds quite reasonable.

Here is "the math" out the window... HvS drove the same lap legth as Suzuki on the video, if fact they all do, thats the stardard star/finish for production car lap times in the Ring, I'm surprised you don't know this given all your experience

... so then by your own logic, Nissan lied.

--

Carlos from Spain...

You have apperently never studied a data log from the Nordscheife (or any other track by the way). Do you really think that all drivers drive the same length??? The lap lenght of the Nordscheife (and every other track in the world) is mesured by taking the middle of the road. On the same lap, under the same circumstances, I have seen differences up to 300 meters on the Ring, depening on where the driver drives on the road.

Please, think a little before you post. At least when you're trying to make me a fool.

Orabidoo:

You have apperently never studied a data log from the Nordscheife (or any other track by the way). Do you really think that all drivers drive the same length??? The lap lenght of the Nordscheife (and every other track in the world) is mesured by taking the middle of the road. On the same lap, under the same circumstances, I have seen differences up to 300 meters on the Ring, depening on where the driver drives on the road.

Please, think a little before you post. At least when you're trying to make me a fool.

Smiley

Are you for real? Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752868 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430533 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258500 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255420 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868117 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801699 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM