Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Your top 3 dream car garage?

MacLaren F1

Ferrari 250 GTO

1973 Porsche RSR 2.8

--
    73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs) Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2

pride355:
    Enmanuel:

i think choosing only 3 really puts things in perspective trying to cover all the bases. I dont have any kinds but I'll take into consideration the need for space. for me it would be. 

1. LP560-4, sporty but comfortable, sure to be used very often in city driving, our streets are not that bad in the city. 

2. 430 Scuderia, tighter stiffer car for the fun days

3. X6M for practicality and probably daily driver.

We are very close in our choices Smiley

you are certainly a man of good taste then SmileySmiley

1. Ferrari F450(F 142) -it will be the best sportscar in its class

2. Porsche 997.2 Turbo PDk -can be used an mine daily driver

3. Audi Q5 3.0TDI -size wise perfect family car, will be used mainly by my wife

KresoF1:

Hi Kreso,

In your garage, you have put 2 cars that have not been produced yet Smiley

Then maybe I should change my F430 Scuderia option to F450 Scuderia Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Wow 3 makes it really hard!

If I was on my own, it would probably be:

1. Carrera GT - sex on 4 wheels

2. Lambo 560-4 Spyder - semi daily driver

3. Panamera Turbo- for long distance trips, shopping, winter etc.

If you have to cover SWMBO, it gets a whole lot harder.

1. Carrera GT - damn it I want one so badly

2. Carrera C2S convertible- for the wife it needs to be somewhat practical, though most would probably prefer a Mini

3. Panamera Turbo- I can't really stand SUVS

Grant:

MacLaren F1

Ferrari 250 GTO

1973 Porsche RSR 2.8

Hi Grant! May I ask, which one of these would be Your daily driver?? ;)
    If a man does not know to what port he is sailing, no wind is favourable

1) Porsche 2.7l RS

2) Aston Martin DB 5 or DB 6

3) Cayenne GTS

Alternative B

1) Porsche 2.7l RS

2) Porsche 904 GTS

3) Cayenne GTS

pride355:

Then maybe I should change my F430 Scuderia option to F450 Scuderia Smiley

Just do as I did and call it "Scud" - that you mean latest model is a given..Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

KresoF1:

Ahhh, great minds think alike. Smiley

If money was no matter, I would choose the following:

1) Pagani Zonda F - sex on wheels

2) Porsche Carrera GT - still my favourite Porsche supercar

3) Rolls Royce Ghost - big fan of the new "baby" Rolls

If I had to choose a bit more "reasonably", then my choice would look like this:

1) Ferrari F142 - as Kreso said, (hopefully) the best in its class

2) Porsche 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK - I'm by far more modest than Kreso, a non-turbo 997 will do for me Smiley

3) Something from Audi, depending on the size missis wants to drive.

• If it has to be bigger, then the Q5, either 3.0 TDI or 2.0 TFSI (I would prefer the latter as I'm not particular fond of diesel)
    • If it should be a bit more compact, then give me a S3 Sportsback. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

1) Ferrari FXX (road leaglised) to terrorise Veyrons on the motorways and single seaters on the tracks! 

2) Porsche Cayman S as a daily car

3) BMW M5 as a family car

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Ahhh, great minds think alike. Smiley

If money was no matter, I would choose the following:

1) Pagani Zonda F - sex on wheels

2) Porsche Carrera GT - still my favourite Porsche supercar

3) Rolls Royce Ghost - big fan of the new "baby" Rolls

If I had to choose a bit more "reasonably", then my choice would look like this:

1) Ferrari F142 - as Kreso said, (hopefully) the best in its class

2) Porsche 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK - I'm by far more modest than Kreso, a non-turbo 997 will do for me Smiley

3) Something from Audi, depending on the size missis wants to drive.

• If it has to be bigger, then the Q5, either 3.0 TDI or 2.0 TFSI (I would prefer the latter as I'm not particular fond of diesel)
    • If it should be a bit more compact, then give me a S3 Sportsback. Smiley

--

The Zonda is by far my favorite car but i didn't put it in my list because i could never drive a Zonda in our streets, it would be a crime and i would probably have a panic attack everytime i heard the horrible sound of the carbon spliter scraping the ground. Scuderia is probably the lowest car i could drive, maybe a LP640 but being extra extra carefull.

REALZEUS:

1) Ferrari FXX (road leaglised) to terrorise Veyrons on the motorways and single seaters on the tracks! 

2) Porsche Cayman S as a daily car

3) BMW M5 as a family car

Belay that last order! Smiley What was I thinking? Smiley Maserati Quattroporte GT S instead of the M5! Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

I would say: 993 GT2 clubsport Enzo Ferrari Mclaren F1 lm

Guys.. the thread was top 3 dream car garage... so I see too many daily drive and so on.. that in my opinion should not be in a dream garage. A dream garage should have the 3 "impossible" car to have. Those that make you smile like the stupidest idiot in this world .. A daily drive in a dream garage it is suposed to be another 3 to 6 expensive cars. But in all those there is no dream car.. just "well I nedded a car to tow, and I always buy the best and most expensive.." or car for shoping so I bought the Bentley... so on... For my wife the Ferrari 430... 1247132159682pagani_al_salone_di_ginevra_2007_20.jpg

so here is my try:

Carrera GT - black with cocoa interior

McLaren F1 - one of the street versions

and Pagani Zonda.. exactly like the one in this picture... 

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Hmm... My dream garage is full of cars that can be driven every day and enjoy all the way. Pagani etc. are mostly cars for stationary enjoyment IMHO. They are too expensive for driving...

That's not the point.  Your top 3 dream cars is way too easy and has been done to death already on RT.  The point is that 3 cars in a household is quite realistic, so that forces you to think about things like:

- Will it fit in your garage width wise, and if not would you then have to move house just to have more garage space

- If you take it for a drive then will oncoming traffic force you into the inside hedge as the car is too wide

- What car could you use to take the kids to school in

- What car could you go away for the weekend in with the family and pets

- What car could be used to get the shopping in, and would you be comfortable leaving it in a car park for a few hours

- What car could the wife share and you not be paranoid about her not scratching it

- What car you would take on a 5000 mile round-trip across Europe

- If you had the money, would you actually pay that for a car

This forces you to think about what you would ACTUALLY buy should you win the lottery and not just a fantasy list that if you actually purchased then you couldn't actually use.

--

Click for bigger picture!

Stop messing with my dream! It's mine! So I pick what I want Smiley

My dream garage would be... 3 x 430 scuderia so each time one breaks I can keep driving any of the other Smiley

Now, seriously, according to your rules... I would pick a toy, a coupe-convertible (with a retractable metal roof I mean) and a SUV. The first two must be rear mid-engine configuration (so the 599gtb and the Corvette for instance, which have a front-mid-engine layout, are out) . And here is my problem. Does a mid-engine coupe-convertible with a metal retractable roof exist?

According to my rules, I would have much more cars. At least 10.

--
    There is no try. Just do.

Alex_997TT:

That's not the point.  Your top 3 dream cars is way too easy and has been done to death already on RT.  The point is that 3 cars in a household is quite realistic, so that forces you to think about things like:

- Will it fit in your garage width wise, and if not would you then have to move house just to have more garage space

- If you take it for a drive then will oncoming traffic force you into the inside hedge as the car is too wide

- What car could you use to take the kids to school in

- What car could you go away for the weekend in with the family and pets

- What car could be used to get the shopping in, and would you be comfortable leaving it in a car park for a few hours

- What car could the wife share and you not be paranoid about her not scratching it

- What car you would take on a 5000 mile round-trip across Europe

- If you had the money, would you actually pay that for a car

This forces you to think about what you would ACTUALLY buy should you win the lottery and not just a fantasy list that if you actually purchased then you couldn't actually use.

--

See your point, but this is too analityc for a dream... This is more like what you need.. not what you dream of.  When you where a kid and put a big poster on the wall with that Countach or 930 turbo slatnose (I still have mine somewhere in the house... Smiley) did you tought about all this? Oh the Diablo is way too wide for my father´s garage? Oh if I will buy this my sister will scratch it? No... so that is a dream not... the day by day reality... That is the garage that suits you best, but not a dream...  or the ideal garage if you want. Because a dream is a dream.. something that you have to have a fantasy with. Of course that fantasy for so many of people is easy and no more a dream because you have the money to make it real but even for those people.. the Pagani Zondas are not enough in numbers..  When you dream with things there is the first part of the dream where you mybe don´t think if is possible.. it is just the fantasy...

Ok I will go further.. hope I will not be banned for this... but if you have a sexual fantasy with.... I don´t know what nice woma... say Megan Fox.. Do you start thinking about how will she cook you a good meal? or if she will love you for the rest of your life? No is a dream.... all this things don´t come into it...beacuse if they come.. what you do? Destroy the dream!

Take a look at the picture and tell me ifI´m right...a-megan-fox-le-gusta-el-sexo.jpg

By the way, if you win the lottery and you still don´t buy at least a Pagani Zonda or Bugatti Veyron, or what ever ca with no reason than to be YOURS,  if you are a car nut... then you really don´t know how to enjoy life...
    --

What's the point of a dream if you know it could never happen?

I opened this thread as my 'top 3 dream car garage' is more of a personal PLAN than a dream.  If I continue to work my backside off then I could easily have my listed garage way before I hit 40, no lottery win required.  If I did win the lottery then I could buy the missing cars right now and then use the rest of the money to buy a massive house.  This is a realistic dream to have, something to work towards.  If I was completely dreaming then I'd want Kit from the new Nightrider series, a flying Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and a certain DeLorean! 

With regards to cars that actually exist, to buy and run a Veyron you would need to be a billionaire - a lottery win wouldn't help you as a few million simply wouldn't cover it.  I'd have to change my life pretty radically to get on a track that 'could' take me to a billionaire status - something I don't want to do.  So supercars are just fine thanks for me, no 'need' for hypercars Smiley

--

"What's the point of a dream if you know it could never happen?" Smiley I'm with you man.

I dream about something and then I find a way to get it. I'm like that too, since I was a child.

Though, there is a point in dreaming when you are a kid... to stimulate imagination and other parts of the brain Smiley

--
    There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

Does a mid-engine coupe-convertible with a metal retractable roof exist? 

Or is the California front engined?
    --

Alex_997TT:
    Pentium:

--

Err, yes it is. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    Alex_997TT:
    Pentium:

--

Err, yes it is. Smiley

Then I pass...

--

Nice thread

1- Alfa Romeo 33 stradale

2-997 gt3

3-Alfa Romeo Diva

Only some €.....

--

Forza rennteam 2.0!

That 33 is a stunner!!

I assume the GT3 would be you utilitarian option then Smiley

--

Alex_997TT:

What's the point of a dream if you know it could never happen?

I opened this thread as my 'top 3 dream car garage' is more of a personal PLAN than a dream.  If I continue to work my backside off then I could easily have my listed garage way before I hit 40, no lottery win required.  If I did win the lottery then I could buy the missing cars right now and then use the rest of the money to buy a massive house.  This is a realistic dream to have, something to work towards.  If I was completely dreaming then I'd want Kit from the new Nightrider series, a flying Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and a certain DeLorean! 

With regards to cars that actually exist, to buy and run a Veyron you would need to be a billionaire - a lottery win wouldn't help you as a few million simply wouldn't cover it.  I'd have to change my life pretty radically to get on a track that 'could' take me to a billionaire status - something I don't want to do.  So supercars are just fine thanks for me, no 'need' for hypercars Smiley

--

We play here the Euroilion lottery that just two weeks ago give the first price to a spanish girl and it was... 150 million €... I think that is enough for 10 Veyron... and still no trouble to run them... but maybe we understand the concept of dreaming quite different...  Once I can afford something is no more a dream.. it is just plain a question of time to buy it.... But here is to everyones dream to come reality! Smiley exactly how we dream...

--

Alex_997TT:

That 33 is a stunner!!

I assume the GT3 would be you utilitarian option then Smiley

--

Yes Sir Smiley

33 is a must to have.

gt3 is all days car

Diva for....i don't know but it's beatifull (another missed chance fo AlfaSmiley)

--

Forza rennteam 2.0!

Rossi, as I said and here is the quote: "The first two must be rear mid-engine configuration (so the 599gtb and the Corvette for instance, which have a front-mid-engine layout, are out)" front-mid-engine layout (engine is placed in front of the driver but is still between front and rear axle) is not an option. I hate driving fast cars looking at the engine Smiley I rather watch the road. Plus it's a much safer format. The front trunk become a huge airbag in a mid engine car Smiley

PS. California is using like the 599gtb and the Vette, the front-mid-engine format.

Alex i get the point of what you are doing with the 3 car garage thing, it does force you to think it all through. taking everything you saind into consideration im sticking with my original 3, i really think i could make that combo work for me within my current household and my current daily needs. taking that into consideration puts things in perspective, i love the Zonda but could never have one here, the mortification would kill me.

1. LP560-4 Coupe

2. 430 Scuderia (may change when if a 450 Scud hits the streets)

3. X6M

I'll also bend the rules and assume that my lottery win will be in 2 years 

Track: Caparo T1

caparo t1.jpg

Everyday: A5 Quattro sport

audi-a5-quattrosport-580op.jpg

Summer: Porsche 356

porsche_356_speedster_1_8w.jpg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690722 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409918 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256109 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235351 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65728 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858667 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774872 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM