Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bugatti Veyron Grand sport test drive

fritz ,, Just checked my ticket ,, NO Bugatti...

The guy in Spain sure shall have a sweet weekend...

@dhayek ,, fantastic pics , must have been some experience...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

fritz:
    throt:
    JoeRockhead:

The white one is stunning. You're a lucky guy to even be able to test drive one of those machines!

Love the white one too ..

I have my lucky dip/sh*t euro million lottery ticket ready to hand to check,,if its a winner I may consider one Smiley...

You're out of luck, Throt.

Just heard on the radio that the Eurolottery win of over 120 million Euro went to just one guy in Spain! Smiley

I think he'll be getting to work late tomorrow morning. Smiley

maybe its carlos who won it!!

ok that's a vid.. please let me know if the link is working i'll post others.  here we were on a small road, and we went from stand still to 300 then leave the steering wheel and full brakes! scary sh*t!the car didnt deviated a milimeter. the clapping is the drivers hand Smiley 

i tried before him to leave the steering wheel at 300 i simply couldnt... after he did it, i did

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=202732300376

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

dhayek:
    fritz:
    throt:
    JoeRockhead:

The white one is stunning. You're a lucky guy to even be able to test drive one of those machines!

I have my lucky dip/sh*t euro million lottery ticket ready to hand to check,,if its a winner I may consider one Smiley...

You're out of luck, Throt.

Just heard on the radio that the Eurolottery win of over 120 million Euro went to just one guy in Spain! Smiley

I think he'll be getting to work late tomorrow morning. Smiley

maybe its carlos who won it!!

ok that's a vid.. please let me know if the link is working i'll post others.  here we were on a small road, and we went from stand still to 300 then leave the steering wheel and full brakes! scary sh*t!the car didnt deviated a milimeter. the clapping is the drivers hand Smiley 

i tried before him to leave the steering wheel at 300 i simply couldnt... after he did it, i did

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=202732300376

Wow

Amazing, simply amazing.

As you said, "C'est fou !"

Unbelievable performance, that's for sure. I'm definitely not fond of the noise, but my God what a piece of engineering. Reminds me in some way of the Concorde. It proves in so many ways that what was thought impossible is in fact possible. It goes beyond the limits of physics and it is a spectacular leap forward.

I really like what Clarkson said once he drove that Veyron : "I've got to got to go through the rest of my life knowing I will never own that car, I'll never experience that power again and that is a really sad feeling." Hence why, if you can afford it, you definitely should go for it. It's a lifetime opportunity.

Your insurance company's gonna loooooove you.

Just a question. How do you qualify for a test drive?

What credentials do you have to submit to convince that your interest is serious?

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Dmitry, you just lived my automotive dream!  I don't even have to own one, I just want to be able to test drive one!  I am a massive fan of this car, what an engineering feat.  We don't get it in Australia because it is only built in LHD, but I got the chance to sit in one and heard it starting and being moved to a truck that was taking it to the F1 last year as a demonstration car.  I then saw it at the F1 doing standing starts and accelerating till the end of the straight.  I have to say it was the most amazing road car I have ever seen!  The only word to describe propulsion is catapult!  Absolutely amazing car.  Please buy one!

Something occurred to me after this thread  

Is the Veyron 3X better than a CGT?  Really

To me the CGT is the best car on the road right now for the mix of  looks and sound and numbers.

Wish this was better quality and lasted longer;

Listen to the CGT and see it fishtail with power on the on-ramp.

I don't know, if the veyron is 1.1 million and a CGT 350K that means you could have the CGT plus an SL65 black, A ZR-1, a GT3 RS, plus a camaro SS, Challenger SRT8, and a Mustang gt 500 for the same price.

I know which way I would go. Not to mention if a 0ne-77 drives by in black he'll have you on looks and price tag and exclusivity.

Tough decision - which way would most of you go if you were in Dimitri's shoes?

Not to make it too easy there is always a Mclaren F1 also.

Right, but you can't drive it on the road 

--

Gauss:

Well, actually, you can.

As for the comparison between the McLaren F1 and the Veyron, you can (from a dead start), let the McLaren get to a 120 miles and hour before you set off with the Veyron and beat it to 200.

racerx:

Something occurred to me after this thread  

Is the Veyron 3X better than a CGT?  Really

To me the CGT is the best car on the road right now for the mix of  looks and sound and numbers.

Wish this was better quality and lasted longer;

Listen to the CGT and see it fishtail with power on the on-ramp.

I don't know, if the veyron is 1.1 million and a CGT 350K that means you could have the CGT plus an SL65 black, A ZR-1, a GT3 RS, plus a camaro SS, Challenger SRT8, and a Mustang gt 500 for the same price.

I know which way I would go. Not to mention if a 0ne-77 drives by in black he'll have you on looks and price tag and exclusivity.

Tough decision - which way would most of you go if you were in Dimitri's shoes?

racer, i drove the CGT many times, and let me give you my opinion. first i dont think they are comparable, first because the veyron is an all rounder , the cgt is not. in the veyron you go in and out of it like any car, unlike the CGT ; the veyron is very comfortable , the CGT is not;  the veyron is very easy to drive , the cgt (especially with its clutch) is not. then they re at a different level of performance as a quick hint the veyron hits 300kph in 16 seconds , where the cgt needs 34 seconds ( more than double) just imagine how long it is to wait 18 more seconds to reach 300....  of course the cgt is great on a track where the veyron is not suited at all.. dont get me wrong the CGT is an amazing car that i trully love, but its a different league

like someone previously mentioned, the veyron is to the car industry what the concord was to the airline industry .. and in both cases , they will never be another one... and comparing it to the cgt is like comparing an airbus 340 to a concord

The Veyron not only does all what the cars you mentioned does... but a looooooooooooooot more.. you have to test drive it to understand exactly what i mean..

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Yup It is an engineering masterpiece with an engine bay and interior like a spyker in its quality metal work and detail. And you have the experience in driving both whereas I have only seen the cgt in person. I respect your conclusions and think you should buy it if it makes you happy.

Yet it seems like a lot of the incredible performance numbers come in area that will seldom be seen in the real world especially outside of autobahn like conditions.

Best numbers I can fnd online say quarter mile

CGT 11.1 @ 133mph

Veyron 10.4 @ 140mph

Then it just widens I guess but how often would you use it. Can't go wrong either way. And I guess the ease of use for every day driving is very important. How low is the veyron for driveway clearence?

throt:
    JoeRockhead:

Throt if you are talking about the Euromillion internet lottery then think again my friend, its a scam i got the same email about a month ago and forwarded it to my family lawyer to check out. turns out its a fake, they send you all this "legit" info and start asking for fees and end up never giving you anything.  

The Veyron is amazing.

I never understood the Reventon or the one-of-77 (even with the great carbon chassis).

But the Veyron is something else, elegance, confort and ultimate performance. If I could I would get one. Maybe a used one in 5 years +... By then it might be caught up though.

The CGT 0-300 performance is not great because this is not what the car was built for. It is a track car and need downforce thus drag. CGT doesn't even have PSM, which makes it a big no-no as a street car for me. The Enzo has a wing that retracts at high speed to help 0-300 and attain higher top speed.

Gauss:

That's wrong. Smiley

Correct it should read: Pischetsrieder couldn't drive it on the road. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

SciFrog:

I never understood the Reventon or the one-of-77 (even with the great carbon chassis).

For the manufacturer it is money and attention.

But to me it's about how the power is achieved. I like normally aspirated engines. Slapping on superchargers or turbos is not as impressive to me. 

So the CGT and one-77 do it the old fashioned way, brute force and great sound. but that aston price

Dhayek, thx for interesting observations

Curious why you seem to believe Veyron isn't very impressive for non-straight-line driving?

Can't recall an NBR time for Veyron to put it in perspective

Seems like an interesting Autobahn-only car, but would be curious whether plutocrats in Germany opt for Veyron over 599 or GT2 or 65 for their routine AB driving

Remain unconvinced about Veyron's engineering brilliance as it lacks head/side airbags, as do Scud and 612 (and Enzo), raising questions of primitive, dubious safety engineering....which may be defensible on a smooth, dry, private track w/driver wearing a helmet and ?Hans collar but not for any car driven on public roads, even in Germany, as an alleged high-end commuter car

hsww:

Curious why you seem to believe Veyron isn't very impressive for non-straight-line driving?

Seems like an interesting Autobahn-only car, but would be curious whether plutocrats in Germany opt for Veyron over 599 or GT2 or 65 for their routine AB driving

Remain unconvinced about Veyron's engineering brilliance as it lacks head/side airbags, as do Scud and 612 (and Enzo), raising questions of primitive, dubious safety engineering....which may be defensible on a smooth, dry, private track w/driver wearing a helmet and ?Hans collar but not for any car driven on public roads, even in Germany, as an alleged high-end commuter car

Looks like VKSF is backSmiley.

Crash:
    hsww:

Nope.  Smiley

I could read that post. It actually has vowels in it.  Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    Crash:
    hsww:

Nope.  Smiley

I could read that post. It actually has vowels in it.  Smiley

You're right. Also, no mention of the CL63's superior performance in the twistiesSmiley.

Rossi:
    Gauss:

That's wrong. Smiley

I stand corrected Smiley

Correct it should read: Pischetsrieder couldn't drive it on the road. Smiley

Smiley

--

Crash:
    hsww:

+1Smiley

hsww:

i didnt say that the veyron isnt very impressive for non straight line, i said its not a track car just because it has 2,2 tons...

i drove it on twisty mountain roads, and it is brilliant. i have a vid, i will post iy

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

thanks for the link... the white looks so much better though...

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Not my fav but nice review(er)  $30,000 for tires every 4000 miles  

dhayek, is just amazing that someone can even think of the idea of getting a Veyron in their garage, but if I was one of those potential buyers, I would rather get several sportscars, and enjoy them as much as possible, than rather have one (ok it is a veryon), but I think it is much more attractive owning a f430 scuderia novitec (like you do), then a 997.2 gt3, lp640 etc...just imagine all that in one garage....... , oh one moment, Mike can imagine that !!!

--

With all that money, I would also prefer to have F430 Scuderia, LP560-4 Spider, 997.2 GT3, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and a F599 in my garage and still a quarter of a million left

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

pride355:

With all that money, I would also prefer to have F430 Scuderia, LP560-4 Spider, 997.2 GT3, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and a F599 in my garage and still a quarter of a million left

that sounds like a plan! I would prefer this over an Veyron, too. And at the end you also would have many more horsepowers ;)

But somehow its like with watches. Instead of a Rolex you could buy 100 Swatches? Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689443 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409148 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255707 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234973 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65517 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857921 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773962 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM