Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: News on the 430 Replacement

Rossi:
    assman!!!:

I really hope they change the design of the rear-view mirrors

I think they won't. Smiley

Anyway, to me they don't look that bad. Rather Enzo-ish and they should have some advantages concerning visibility as well. Smiley

Stefan,

I saw today low resolution pic of final product from side and rear view. Honestly, I do not know what to think... When you saw the car you will know why...

Also, price wise Ferrari is totally crazy...

KresoF1:
    Stefan,

I saw today low resolution pic of final product from side and rear view. Honestly, I do not know what to think... When you saw the car you will know why...

Also, price wise Ferrari is totally crazy...

Doesn't sound like you were impressed kreso which isn't encouraging. From your comments on pricing can we take it that Ferrari are pitching this car at Scuderia price levels?

I was at my dealer looking at the California again yesterday. The car I saw had the best interior colour combination I've yet seen - rosso leather, black dash top, daytona inserts in rosso, contrast white stitching and white seat piping, nouovo rosso carpets. Sounds bad but looks great. Once again I'm contemplating selling my F430 spider and GranTurismo for one of these as it fulfills both roles but a nagging doubt keeps going through my mind. I hope I don't have the same "not blown away" reaction to the looks of the F450 Smiley

The price is not crazy. I have called this for years. Of course it will be at or above Scud prices, especially for matching performances. That's also why they have the California priced cheaper yet at the old 430 price.

Ron (Houston):
    intouch1:

3 exhausts......how bling......downright silly.

In some of the shots there was a shadow of turbo in the engine bay, I think the middle one, that is connected to side exhaust, plays a crucial rule that we'll find out later.

13470.jpg

Although those look like a pair of blow-off valves, I think rather that they are exhaust port solenoids that control the "flapper" that fully opens the exhaust ports when you floor the accelerator.

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

Sorry for the confusion but I was refering to this turbo-like device.

--
    Happy Driving

It's funny, it the past I would be salivating over the prospect of a replacement Ferrari model. NOw I am more circumspect because their latest models (CA GT and 599) have not WOWED me. The peeks we are getting of the 450 really have not generated much interest. I became suspicious when word from the factory was that the 450 was going to be the most beautiful Ferrari ever. From what I have seen, they have a long way to go to reach the lofted goal.Smiley

--

KresoF1:

Stefan,

What did the front look like in the side view?

ISUK:

I was at my dealer looking at the California again yesterday. The car I saw had the best interior colour combination I've yet seen - rosso leather, black dash top, daytona inserts in rosso, contrast white stitching and white seat piping, nouovo rosso carpets. Sounds bad but looks great. Once again I'm contemplating selling my F430 spider and GranTurismo for one of these as it fulfills both roles but a nagging doubt keeps going through my mind. I hope I don't have the same "not blown away" reaction to the looks of the F450 Smiley

I was at the dealer looking at the California today. They also had a Gran Turismo S, which could be the best looking vehicle I have seen in a long, long time. It actually looks like you could fit some people in the Maser comfortably, but the rear seat in the Cali are worse that the 911 for leg room. To each their own, but that Maserati is absolutely magnificent in person.

ingegnere:
    KresoF1:

Stefan,

Overall design is interesting but, not very impressive IMHO. New front lights are strange, I can not describe it in English properly since it is my third language. Just, there is something from recent Lotus models in 450 design with many elements from 599 and California.

KresoF1:
    ingegnere:
    KresoF1:

Stefan,

Overall design is interesting but, not very impressive IMHO. New front lights are strange, I can not describe it in English properly since it is my third language. Just, there is something from recent Lotus models in 450 design with many elements from 599 and California.

I find it promising Kreso, as I like recent designs from Lotus (and Lambo) instead of Ferrari itself (599, California simply do not compare well to LP640, Aston V8).

Does it look like a little Pagani or Enzo, in terms of proportions?

How do you compare it to the LP560-4 ?

shin:
    KresoF1:
    ingegnere:
    KresoF1:

Stefan,

I find it promising Kreso, as I like recent designs from Lotus (and Lambo) instead of Ferrari itself (599, California simply do not compare well to LP640, Aston V8).

Does it look like a little Pagani or Enzo, in terms of proportions?

How do you compare it to the LP560-4 ?

I like current Gallardo LP560-4/LP550-2 little bit more. My favourite is well known-R8. My problem is that 450 do not look better then F430 for me.

The new issue of AutoBild includes two very nice pictures of the F450 (not sure whether it is the final looks they show). If their pictures match the original the F450 is a very nice looking car 

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner to post the two pics. Maybe some other user can post later?

JoeRockhead:

I They also had a Gran Turismo S, which could be the best looking vehicle I have seen in a long, long time.... To each their own, but that Maserati is absolutely magnificent in person.

Absolutely spot on! Smiley

JoeRockhead:

I was at the dealer looking at the California today. They also had a Gran Turismo S, which could be the best looking vehicle I have seen in a long, long time. It actually looks like you could fit some people in the Maser comfortably, but the rear seat in the Cali are worse that the 911 for leg room. To each their own, but that Maserati is absolutely magnificent in person.

I completely agree that the GranTurismo is the better looking car Joe. The California doesn't have the same natural beauty but it is a sportier drive. I'm also considering holding off until I've seen the GranTurismo convertible next year.

JoeRockhead:
    ISUK:

I agree. The GrandTurismo is stunning in person.

--

I saw for the first time an Alfa 8C Competizione on Brompton Road right in front of Harrods in London two days ago. Car was in red, the darker one of the 2 available.  Incidentaly (actually not so since this area is known for being crowded with high-end cars) a white 599 with polished Challenge wheels and rosso interior (car was with arab plates) was also driving by at the same time.  My hotel was just around the corner in front of which a Bianco Fuji Granturismo with Titanium-colored wheels was parked.  The 599 is the last beautiful of the 3 but it remains a very nice looking car and has IMHO more presence than the Maserati.  May partly has to do with the badge though.  The Granturismo is OTOH utterly beautiful.  Yet both are totally eclipsed in the look department by the Alfa 8C.  Magical design!   Smiley  Also it is very compact which has been allowed by the absence of functionality constraints (no boot, no rear seats) and makes the Granturismo look a bit long by comparison, which does not seem so obvious when looking at the Maserati in isolation.

MKSGR:

The new issue of AutoBild includes two very nice pictures of the F450 (not sure whether it is the final looks they show). If their pictures match the original the F450 is a very nice looking car 

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner to post the two pics. Maybe some other user can post later?

Sorry but, AB pics are not very close to real looks of 450. Rear is in mid area totally wrong on this pics. Front also looks different...

ISUK:
    JoeRockhead:

I completely agree that the GranTurismo is the better looking car Joe. The California doesn't have the same natural beauty but it is a sportier drive. I'm also considering holding off until I've seen the GranTurismo convertible next year.

I,

Your idea about replace Maser and 430 Spider with California? DO IT! Why? As soon as 450 appears prices on any version of F430 will drop like a brick. In current economy it is not very wise to wait. And I fully agree with you, despite excellent looks Maser is not in the same lagues as Cali in drive dynamics or overall refinement.

KresoF1:
    MKSGR:

Sorry but, AB pics are not very close to real looks of 450. Rear is in mid area totally wrong on this pics. Front also looks different...

Are you sure? Smiley

seems like hopes are falling for the F450. considering that the Cali was not as wel recieved as Ferrari thought this is very bad. is the 450 fails to impress Ferrari numbers could go down a bit. people will still buy it just because its a F but many won't. all the other brands seem to be improving in design while Ferrari is slowly falling behind. 

I think this the pricture MKSGR is refering to and was first shown by Autocar a few days ago. I have to agree with  KresoF1, judging from the latest spy shots, which show the real thing, this pic is wrong, although beautiful

I´m back with the Ferrari F450 side view!F450_side_view.jpg

welcome back. I' d missed your sketches.

Acomparison_F450_vs_Californ.jpg comparison between the Ferrari California and the F450...

farina:

I´m back with the Ferrari F450 side view!F450_side_view.jpg

Oh My GOD!!!! Smiley

farina,

It's been more than a year since you paid a visit here.  SO GOOD to see you again.  Glad you're back Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

Nice job Farina! If thats close (and it easily could be), I like it. Front lip angles a bit up for my taste, and I hope the headlight lens cover doesn't create that awkward narrow bit between it and the wheel well, but the front's looks are really specualtive anyway based on what we've seen. Great work, you should be doing all the sketches for the magazines, not these people that just pull ideas out of thin air and don't incorporate design elements we know are present.

It appears we are going to get Scud styling with a few cosmetic changes i.e. rear single lights and curved front headlight ala CA GT and 599.

When you consider that performance apparently is on par with the Scud,  a case can be made for buying a Scud especially at the prices they are selling them for.

--

nberry:

It appears we are going to get Scud styling with a few cosmetic changes i.e. rear single lights and curved front headlight ala CA GT and 599.

When you consider that performance apparently is on par with the Scud,  a case can be made for buying a Scud especially at the prices they are selling them for.

May I ask what the asking price of the Scud in Ferrari-SD was?

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

why do i still think r8 ?

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

SoCal Alan:
    nberry:

May I ask what the asking price of the Scud in Ferrari-SD was?

My price or your price?Smiley

Actually you can buy them for less than MSRP.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802964 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448478 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266006 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90006 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6491 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885541 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832844 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM