Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: SportAuto Supertest of Nissan GTR

Crash:
    MKSGR:
    Super Darius:

Markus,sorry,can you post the image you have in the avatar bigger here in comparison with the slipper? so we can see put in the same position wich one is beautiful and which one NOT!

thanksSmiley

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

I second that. And make sure to place the GT2 behind the GT-R, so that there's an illusion of a hungry beetle chasing a big, juicy lunchboxSmiley.

Hmmm. The GT2 BEHIND the GTR... That will require lots of Photoshop skills Smiley

MKSGR:
    Crash:
    MKSGR:
    Super Darius:

Markus,sorry,can you post the image you have in the avatar bigger here in comparison with the slipper? so we can see put in the same position wich one is beautiful and which one NOT!

thanksSmiley

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

I second that. And make sure to place the GT2 behind the GT-R, so that there's an illusion of a hungry beetle chasing a big, juicy lunchboxSmiley.

Hmmm. The GT2 BEHIND the GTR... That will require lots of Photoshop skills Smiley

Dial 1-800-NISSANSmiley

Crash:
    MKSGR:
    Super Darius:

thanksSmiley

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Do beetles eat sushi?  Smiley

--

fritz

turbobungle.com:

911rox - Still waiting for rear calipers to arrive.  I suppose you'd take an S15 200SX over any Ferrari or Aston too??  You're a loon mate!  Have a G'day,

A loon I may be but certainly not delusional.... We all buy cars for different reasons... Some to make a statement (ie I'm a FIGJAM)... I buy cars to fulfill a purpose. The 200sx gets me from A to B in a timely manner. The beetle GT3 on order will allow me to track fast until I get bored and choose to go home... I may not keep up with my GTR counterparts as you seem to think but I'll still be going at the end of the day... Will they?

As for the question you pose, the answer is yes, I'd take a real, usable car over your two overpriced, unreliable, show ponies anyday. I have a BBQ to cook my meals, don't require a ferrari that spontaneously combusts for the purpose.....Smiley

turbobungle.com:

A quick google search found a top 100 beautiful cars pole, that ugly turd E-Type was 1st, the even uglier turd DB9 was 8th and the rancid Ferrari 250 GT was 18th, god I've got such bad taste!  One Volvo in there at 100th though, 911rox, the P1800, is that what you've got?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/2751152/The-100-most-beautiful-cars-of-all-time-Beauties-and-beasts.html

LOL, calling the Type E and the DB9 ugly yet loving that black thing which most would not even know what model it isSmiley

The pics with the girls you posted says it all...

Enjoy the GTR, it is good value for the money. But making it one of the nicest car in the world? No one will follow that oneSmiley

Last you have a hard time understanding ownership of a car can be much more than paper performance. Why do you think brands like Bentley, Aston and Ferrari exist?

turbobungle.com:

Here's some more examples of beauty, just my opinion, obviously!  Smiley 

DSC_0005.JPG CSC_0600.JPG

Supra Turbo Drifting turbobungle.com (13).jpg

LOL! Good one! See, he's just joking around.Smiley

DSC_1069.JPG

On a sidenote turbobungle.com (and being quite serious), if this is your garage and I assume it is, I'd park the cars the other way around... If something were to fall off those shelves(ie earthquake, accident), personally I'd be happier with a dint in the Supra rather than a brand new GTR.... Just a suggestion....

What on earth is going on, guys?  It is amazing to see how much heat can dissipate over such a simple topic. I am clearly in favour for the Turbo but its current state of performance and, at the same time, the achievement of Nissan´s R&D keep me thinking.

Bungle, enjoy your car. 

SciFrog:
    turbobungle.com:

A quick google search found a top 100 beautiful cars pole, that ugly turd E-Type was 1st, the even uglier turd DB9 was 8th and the rancid Ferrari 250 GT was 18th, god I've got such bad taste!  One Volvo in there at 100th though, 911rox, the P1800, is that what you've got?

LOL, calling the Type E and the DB9 ugly yet loving that black thing which most would not even know what model it isSmiley

His comment was ironical, please re-read the debate that went ahead. Smiley

Ferdie, nice to see someone's getting it!

MKGSR, I personally done 15 laps non-stop of the Nurburgring GP circuit in a GTR with no issues with either tyres or brakes even though they were hauling a 1740kg car with 2 people in down from 150+mph for the hairpin, and that was in a car that had been constantly thrashed for two weeks by various customers and instructors, so not sure why your friend had issues after only a few laps

turbobungle.com:

I personally done 15 laps non-stop of the Nurburgring GP circuit in a GTR

tb, what was your best time, if you can disclose it?

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

reginos, as it was a 'test drive' there was no timing going on so I don't know what times I was doing, sorry.

For those that are interested, Drivers Republic have just had one for a week and seemed quite impressed with it, there's also a little side story from a GT3 owner:   http://magazines.drivers-republic.com/driversrepublic/gt-r10054/?fm=2

turbobungle.com:

reginos, as it was a 'test drive' there was no timing going on so I don't know what times I was doing, sorry.

For those that are interested, Drivers Republic have just had one for a week and seemed quite impressed with it, there's also a little side story from a GT3 owner:   http://magazines.drivers-republic.com/driversrepublic/gt-r10054/?fm=2

Thanks, interesting write up and side-story.

According to these guys the end of the automobile has come with the Nissan GT-R. Amazing!

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

turbobungle.com:

Ferdie, nice to see someone's getting it!

MKGSR, I personally done 15 laps non-stop of the Nurburgring GP circuit in a GTR with no issues with either tyres or brakes even though they were hauling a 1740kg car with 2 people in down from 150+mph for the hairpin, and that was in a car that had been constantly thrashed for two weeks by various customers and instructors, so not sure why your friend had issues after only a few laps

I think he defines "issues" by slower lap times due to tire wear.

We eagerly await more second hand reports from unnamed friends that have been filtered through a frequently aired and somewhat insecure anti-GTR bias with baited breath.

In the meantime we will just have to make do with the thousands of first hand owner comments, hundreds of magazine articles, dozens of detailed road tests many and COTY awards that are already in print. 

--

Just to fuel the discussion more, this is the Supra against a LP640.

Eunice:

I've heard of Supra's being turbocharged to over 1000 HP which puts it into Veyron acceleration performance. I wonder how it would do against Alan's Heffner Gallardo?

Eunice:

The problem is now focused on which is more beautiful not which is fasterSmileySmiley

Smiley

Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

AUM:

We eagerly await more second hand reports from unnamed friends that have been filtered through a frequently aired and somewhat insecure anti-GTR bias with baited breath.

In the meantime we will just have to make do with the thousands of first hand owner comments, hundreds of magazine articles, dozens of detailed road tests many and COTY awards that are already in print. 

You know, if you would be allowed to more discussion forums (not all are as generous as Rennteam Smiley) you would have better access to people who actually own and drive a GTR (and other nice cars) Smiley I was just asked yesterday by a colleague who will get his GTR next week to join him for a track event beginning of July.

See, the difference is to own and drive these cars Smiley

AUM:

LOL Smiley Smiley

MKSGR:
    AUM:

You know, if you would be allowed to more discussion forums (not all are as generous as Rennteam Smiley) you would have better access to people who actually own and drive a GTR (and other nice cars) Smiley I was just asked yesterday by a colleague who will get his GTR next week to join him for a track event beginning of July.

See, the difference is to own and drive these cars Smiley

I drove the GTR for about 10 laps of the Nürburgring GP circuit  last year, plus 5 hot laps with a race driver and a 40 minute drive through the Eifel backroads. I have owned four Porsches and other sports cars that I have tracked extensively on the Nordschleife.  Your comments are misdirected.

You seem to think only the opinions of people you know personally are significant and that is rather odd.

--

here is a review I found on Lotustalk today

It was over 100F ambient today and we had a track day... I ended up instructing the whole time and never got a chance to drive the Liz

The good news is that I had a lot of seat time with my two students and thir cars...

I instructed Gt-R in intermediate and a 997 911TT in novice. That 911 had a few mods done to it and was making 550whp according to the owner. Good god, it was fast in straight line. Made the GT-R look slow...

The GT-R driver just wasn't picking up the lines I was trying to get him to do, so I took the wheel for a session. It was sorta fun to drive...sorta... After about two laps, I got the hang of it and was letting her hang out as much as the traction control would let me in "race" mode. It understeers, the brakes are mushy, and the stock tires pretty fair... Despite all that, I ran the snot out of the car until the tranny stopped responding to the input from the flappy paddles. I would try to down shift and the indicator just blinked and then UP shifted The student flipped the play station like screen over to the gauges that showed the tranny and engine oil temps and they were both pegged in the hotter than hell section. As it turns out, the computer forced the tranny into high gear to keep the revs down until the fluids cooled off... I think I made 6-7 laps or so before I cooked her. Those GT-Rs are OK, but I think I'll stick with smaller and light. In comparison, I thought the much lighter and smaller 911TT seemed like a much more proper track car--- realizing that TTs are far cry from GT3s

So ya, the GT-R seems like it's more GT than R--- in stock form anyway. I wonder what aftermarket bits and pieces are available for it to help with the heat. I would imagine that many advanced drivers have had to battle heat with the car once they start pushing it

Just thought I would share...

[Source]
    --

AUM:

Your sarcasm is affecting my positive energy.

I also don't understand what you mean? Is it not okay to dislike the GT-R? You said yourself that it's fast but not much fun to drive. Oh, and the Toyota Prius was COTY in 2004.

JoeRockhead:
    Eunice:

I've heard of Supra's being turbocharged to over 1000 HP which puts it into Veyron acceleration performance. I wonder how it would do against Alan's Heffner Gallardo?

1,000hp was achieved back in 2000 ~ 2002

Nowadays you'll see 1,200rwhp+ thanks to the bulletproof "Getrag" Transmission Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776907 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441599 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262721 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260869 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85142 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5529 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880585 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815752 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM