Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: SportAuto Supertest of Nissan GTR

turbobungle.com:

LOL This is well funny.  Reading all the Beetle Lovers comments changing from, 'no way a GTR is faster round the 'Ring than a GT3' , to 'well its only because its got 50hp more, it still doesn't handle'  (even though the the GT3's power to weight ratio is far better), to then going on about how the GT3 accelerates just as fast as the GTR (in which case the GTR must be better in the corners and on the brakes even with its extra 350kg), to 'well, its still a Nissan which means it can't ever be as good as a Porsche'.  Your arguments change so often!  At the end of the day, the Holy Grail of 911's, the GT3, which is designed from the start to be a track weopon has been beaten by a 1740kg, 4 seat coupe on its own turf and Porsche need to up their game or just be content that badge snobs will still buy the 911!

I think Porsche owners are actually pretty relaxed Smiley The GTR failed to match the claimed lap times by far. Even the GT3 with 50hp less is faster on some tracks. Not to talk about the GT2 which is faster in each and every category (0-200, 0-300, brakes, NBR, HHR, wet handling) Smiley Also based on Nissan's own statements (see my reference of the CAR article above) even the V-Spec is outperformed by the GT2 in each and every category. Based on what Nissan tried to tell the sportscar community they failed. Porsche still delivers the best high-performance sportscars.

SciFrog:

It is a slap in the face of the 997TT. A HUGE one. Porsche has to react ang give a huge performance boost to the TT FL, it needs to match the GT3...

But the GT3 is a better track car as it will last more than one lap.

Thank you Nissan for pushing the enveloppe!

I agree with you that Porsche must try harder with the new TT.

However, i find Scuderia's performance even more pathetic (given its price and perceived superiority and prestige) compared to the GT-R, but yet no one bothers to make any  vitriolic comments similar to the anti-Porsche ones we've been regularly reading here!

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Well looks like Ferrari is getting a free pass on the scud as it is the first Ferrari in a while that doesn't unperperform

MKSGR:
    turbobungle.com:

LOL This is well funny.  Reading all the Beetle Lovers comments changing from, 'no way a GTR is faster round the 'Ring than a GT3' , to 'well its only because its got 50hp more, it still doesn't handle'  (even though the the GT3's power to weight ratio is far better), to then going on about how the GT3 accelerates just as fast as the GTR (in which case the GTR must be better in the corners and on the brakes even with its extra 350kg), to 'well, its still a Nissan which means it can't ever be as good as a Porsche'.  Your arguments change so often!  At the end of the day, the Holy Grail of 911's, the GT3, which is designed from the start to be a track weopon has been beaten by a 1740kg, 4 seat coupe on its own turf and Porsche need to up their game or just be content that badge snobs will still buy the 911!

I think Porsche owners are actually pretty relaxed Smiley The GTR failed to match the claimed lap times by far. Even the GT3 with 50hp less is faster on some tracks. Not to talk about the GT2 which is faster in each and every category (0-200, 0-300, brakes, NBR, HHR, wet handling) Smiley Also based on Nissan's own statements (see my reference of the CAR article above) even the V-Spec is outperformed by the GT2 in each and every category. Based on what Nissan tried to tell the sportscar community they failed. Porsche still delivers the best high-performance sportscars.

The GTR never set out to beat the GT3, only the 911TT which has a similar remit.  To be a good everyday usable 4 seater, which can do touring, as well as a bit of track work.  Its beaten the TT.  The fact that the stripped out 2 seater, lightweight, track car GT3 has been beaten as well is a bonus.  And please stop going on about the 50hp!  The GT3 has a 37bhp/ton advantage and is as quick as the GTR on the straights, so the GTR is beating it on the brakes and in the corners which is where the GT3 should excel.  And as for the GT2!   The GTR is a £53,000 4 seater against a £135,000 stripped out 2 seater with more power, more torque, bigger tyres etc etc.  The £135k GT2 and £90k GT3 and even the £100k TT should all totally thrash the £53k GTR in all situations, the fact that only the GT2 marginally beats it is fantastic for Nissan and embarrassing for Porsche! 

Thanks for the stats on the GT2 too, thats amazing, a car with 530bhp that weighs 1440kg is faster than a car with 478bhp weighing 1740kg, shock horror!!!  Now I wish I'd saved an extra £82,000   for a faster car, oh no, still couldn't fit the kids in a GT2.  And besides, Evo rate the GTR as better than the GT2 anyway!   http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cardata/?cat=coupes (don't worry though, the 911 is still mentioned in the Best of the Rest!)

PS. forget the Spec-V, its an overpriced money making exercise, like the GT2!

The GT-R debate can be summarised as follows:

In favour of the GT-R:

1. The fact that it comes from a mainstream manufacturer is an achievement in itself.
    2. It represents an enormous value for money for those who care.

Against the GT-R:

1. Its dubious/controversial/unproven durabilty in continuous fast lap situations (very relevant since the whole Nissan marketing is built on track times)
    2. Its aesthetics are too oriental and bordering the grotesque. Not surprising if you consider that in its homeland a sumo wrestler's body is considered divine and sexy.
    3. The fact that the owner has to continuously explain to his friends and neighbours  that his new car is both cheaper and faster than a PorscheSmiley

--

reginos:

The GT-R debate can be summarised as follows:

In favour of the GT-R:

1. The fact that it comes from a mainstream manufacturer is an achievement in itself.
    2. It represents an enormous value for money for those who care.

Against the GT-R:

1. Its dubious/controversial/unproven durabilty in continuous fast lap situations (very relevant since the whole Nissan marketing is built on track times)
    2. Its aesthetics are too oriental and bordering the grotesque. Not surprising if you consider that in its homeland a sumo wrestler's body is considered divine and sexy.
    3. The fact that the owner has to continuously explain to his friends and neighbours  that his new car is both cheaper and faster than a PorscheSmiley

In reply:

Against the GTR

1. Agreed - sort of.

2. Totally subjective - Not one person has made any bad comments on my GTR, it is constantly photographed in petrol stations and on the road.  i doubt many people want to take pictures of 911's as a) far too common and b) they've looked the same since 1938 when they were introduced.

3. I've not had to explain to anyone what it is or how fast it is, everybody who knows anything about cars knows about the GTR, those that don't are the same people that wouldn't know the difference between a 911 and a Beetle!

turbobungle.com:

2. Totally subjective - Not one person has made any bad comments on my GTR, it is constantly photographed in petrol stations and on the road.  i doubt many people want to take pictures of 911's as a) far too common and b) they've looked the same since 1938 when they were introduced.

3. I've not had to explain to anyone what it is or how fast it is, everybody who knows anything about cars knows about the GTR, those that don't are the same people that wouldn't know the difference between a 911 and a Beetle!

The attraction of the 911 is exactly this evergreen aspect, in spite of the familiarity and its long production run. No other car in history has achieved that. Even in these troubled times it is the model that was less hit by the recession.

On the contrary, the GT-R I predict will be another one in the line of japanese "supercars" before it, that eventually withered away and nobody cares to remember or collect (examples: 300ZX, Supra, NSX etc plus the various Rally specials).

Anyway, enjoy your car in safety Smiley

--

Anyway, enjoy your car in safety Smiley

Thank-you, I'm sure I will. Smiley

turbobungle.com:

The GTR never set out to beat the GT3, only the 911TT which has a similar remit.  To be a good everyday usable 4 seater, which can do touring, as well as a bit of track work.  Its beaten the TT.

you forgot to tell two things,the Datsun to beat the Turbo need to be beautiful like the Turbo and it isn't,and need also to be reliable like the Turbo..and it isn't!

so Porsche wins againSmiley

peppeppeeeepepepeeeppepepeeeeSmiley

Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Super Darius:
    turbobungle.com:

The GTR never set out to beat the GT3, only the 911TT which has a similar remit.  To be a good everyday usable 4 seater, which can do touring, as well as a bit of track work.  Its beaten the TT.

you forgot to tell two things,the Datsun to beat the Turbo need to be beautiful like the Turbo and it isn't,and need also to be reliable like the Turbo..and it isn't!

Smiley

è verooo!!!! Smiley

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Super Darius:

Smiley

Haha... appunto! Smiley

andrea:
    Super Darius:
    turbobungle.com:

Smiley

è verooo!!!! Smiley

Aston Martin DB9 - Beautiful

Jaguar E-Type - Beautiful

Ferrari F355 - Beautiful

Ferrari 250 GT Lusso - Beautiful

Datsun GTR - Striking

Porsche Beetle - Beautiful??  No way.  Looks nice, but could never be considered beautiful.

As for reliability, GTR not been round long enough to know, mine has been fine so far!

The above post is a joke right?

To each his own. We all have the right to our own preferences. There is no right or wrong, is there?

To highlight my point, to many the following is beauty:

koni.jpgbig-lips-234.jpg

--

They say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but obviously you must be blind!!! 

Anyone who posts photos of door wedge ferraris, ford look-a-like AMs and boat anchor shaped Jaguars suggesting they are examples of beauty is obviously visually challenged to a very major degree.

Although its no oil painting, I'm pretty impartial to the look of the GTR. Must admit that it certainly isn't an inspiring design I'd write home about but your other examples are best left where they belong... in the past!!! I'd rather drive a volvo than any of those turds!

And as for reliability (missed that earlier), whilst the GTR may match a GT3 for performance, or better it in your opinion (as you choose to argue it), when a car with a powerplant based on the road going GTR completes a 24 hr enduro event or similar, feel free to pop back and discuss reliability!!! Cruisin to the local macca's with your mates and a couple squirts on the freeway isn't going to validate your claim of reliability.... The NBR aint all that far away from you, feel free to go and lap it at speed for 24 hours to show us how great it really is...

911rox:

They say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but obviously you must be blind!!! 

Anyone who posts photos of door wedge ferraris, ford look-a-like AMs and boat anchor shaped Jaguars suggesting they are examples of beauty is obviously visually challenged to a very major degree.

Although its no oil painting, I'm pretty impartial to the look of the GTR. Must admit that it certainly isn't an inspiring design I'd write home about but your other examples are best left where they belong... in the past!!! I'd rather drive a volvo than any of those turds!

You really are a twat then.  You stick to your Volvo, it just proves that Beetle lovers must be blinkered as anything thats not bug shaped doesn't register in the brain as being good.  I'd bet that a lot of my examples would make it into poles of the best looking cars ever made! 

Here's some more examples of beauty, just my opinion, obviously!  Smiley 

DSC_0005.JPG CSC_0600.JPG

DSC_1069.JPG Bungle's30thBirthdayNo.3135.JPG 15 months old.JPG

DSC_0363.JPG

ferrari 355 turbobungle.com (14).JPG 

Supra Turbo Drifting turbobungle.com (13).jpg

turbobungle.com 9.JPG

A quick google search found a top 100 beautiful cars pole, that ugly turd E-Type was 1st, the even uglier turd DB9 was 8th and the rancid Ferrari 250 GT was 18th, god I've got such bad taste!  One Volvo in there at 100th though, 911rox, the P1800, is that what you've got?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/2751152/The-100-most-beautiful-cars-of-all-time-Beauties-and-beasts.html

E46 M3 CSL laped the Ring in 7:50 (and it was the old surface which was slower by 5sec.) with its 360hp and it is not included in the list above.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Volvo was a figure of speech genius... basically i'd take a plain box over some of the crap your dishing up....

ps. whats with the caliper colors? couldn't decide on the best color to accentuate the beauty of your ricer!

Pride355 - Agreed about the E46 CSL, great looking car too!

911rox - Still waiting for rear calipers to arrive.  I suppose you'd take an S15 200SX over any Ferrari or Aston too??  You're a loon mate!  Have a G'day,

Toyota Supra beauty? WTF?!

turbobungle.com:

You really are a twat then.  You stick to your Volvo, it just proves that Beetle lovers must be blinkered as anything thats not bug shaped doesn't register in the brain as being good.  I'd bet that a lot of my examples would make it into poles of the best looking cars ever made!  

Morerator's note: You may be new to the forum and you may not have noticed so I'm letting you know that in this forum we don't tolerate disrespective remarks towards other members, so state the  arguments you like but refrain from remarks such as the above and keep the conversation mature and well manered. Thank you.

--

turbobungle.com:

Datsun GTR - Striking

Porsche Beetle - Beautiful??  No way.  Looks nice, but could never be considered beautiful.

IMG_3008.jpg   IMG_2998.jpg IMG_3001.jpg

Not becouse is mine in these pics,but Datsun have a lot to run before to reach the great look of the 911,the Datsun in the pic posted from you seems a slipperSmiley

About the reliability,you will have time to test it directlySmileySmiley (kidding)

--

A colleague who recently received his GTR did his first track driving with the car recently. He says that the tires are not too durable... They need some time to rest after about 2 laps on the NBR or 3 laps (!) on a 3.5km track with some tight bends.

This is indeed sort of a problem - in fact the GTR seems to be quite useless for track oriented drivers. 

Another friend will receive his GTR next week. I will continue to posts facts from real GTR life...

Enzo II:

Toyota Supra beauty? WTF?!

SmileySmiley

--

Markus,sorry,can you post the image you have in the avatar bigger here in comparison with the slipper? so we can see put in the same position wich one is beautiful and which one NOT!

thanksSmiley

--

turbobungle.com:

LOL

Super Darius:

Markus,sorry,can you post the image you have in the avatar bigger here in comparison with the slipper? so we can see put in the same position wich one is beautiful and which one NOT!

thanksSmiley

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

MKSGR:
    Super Darius:

thanksSmiley

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

I second that. And make sure to place the GT2 behind the GT-R, so that there's an illusion of a hungry beetle chasing a big, juicy lunchboxSmiley.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776854 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441584 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262707 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260850 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85132 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5521 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880572 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815732 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM