Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

OMG - the Stig is....

Guys - tonight, the identity of the Stig was revealed on Top Gear.

OMG!!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

It is not the former stunt driver, Ben Collins, as reported some months ago... Smiley

He is...... Smiley

I won't spoil it.... Smiley Smiley

You need to watch it... Smiley

You will not believe it !!! Smiley Smiley

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Re: OMG - the Stig is....

easy_rider911:

It is not the former stunt driver, Ben Collins, as reported some months ago... Smiley

He is...... Smiley

Sorry, E-R, but I already spoiled it in another thread. Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    easy_rider911:

He is...... Smiley

Sorry, E-R, but I already spoiled it in another thread. Smiley

You did, thanks ...

I will edit it - many guys here will watch Top Gear on a bit torrent - we shouldn't spoil it for them - is that okay with you fritz

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Ahhh, we all posted too soon - the end of the show casts doubt on whether this person really is the Stig or is simply a guest pretending to be the Stig - so fritz's suspicion may well be well founded

--

easy_rider911:

Ahhh, we all posted too soon - the end of the show casts doubt on whether this person really is the Stig or is simply a guest pretending to be the Stig - so fritz's suspicion may well be well founded

Well, E-R, the fact is that several racing drivers have played the part of Stig down the years! Smiley

Are you sitting comfortably?  Smiley
    There's something rather shocking I need to reveal to you about Santa Clause ........................Smiley

--

fritz

easy_rider911:

I will edit it - many guys here will watch Top Gear on a bit torrent - we shouldn't spoil it for them - is that okay with you fritz

yes please !! have some consideration on us and don't spoil the fun !!

Warning - don't click on the link below until after you have watched the show:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8111588.stm

--

Don't you think that is just some way to get him on the show for an interview and have some fun?

racerx:

Don't you think that is just some way to get him on the show for an interview and have some fun?

I was thinking the same... Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I agree, like they would have enough money to pay that guys caché and work around his schedule for an anonimous job were he doesn't even show his face and which doesn't need to be anyone special (just a regular pro driver) to do the job... we are talking about just timed laps around the nothing special Top Gear track in an airfield without any consistency in conditions, testing procedures, etc. Its like hiring Ronaldo to do a comertial where a soccer player kicks penalty shots but wears a paper bag over its head and his identy is not revealed. Its a (lame) publicity stunt to launch the new season.

The have been many stigs over all these years, and I don't even think they have only one guy in one season, they probably have several similar bodied pro drivers available to choose form depending on which is free at the time of the taping. That the point of always hiding its identity.

--

Carlos from Spain:

I agree, like they would have enough money to pay that guys caché and work around his schedule for an anonimous job were he doesn't even show his face and which doesn't need to be anyone special (just a regular pro driver) to do the job... we are talking about just timed laps around the nothing special Top Gear track in an airfield without any consistency in conditions, testing procedures, etc. Its like hiring Ronaldo to do a comertial where a soccer player kicks penalty shots but wears a paper bag over its head and his identy is not revealed. Its a (lame) publicity stunt to launch the new season.

The have been many stigs over all these years, and I don't even think they have only one guy in one season, they probably have several similar bodied pro drivers available to choose form depending on which is free at the time of the taping. That the point of always hiding its identity.

And in this particular instance, the only way Ferrari would allow TG to have an FXX to play with would surely be if they were in full control of who got to drive it.
    As was mentioned in the show, not even that model's buyers get to take their cars home with them.  Smiley

--

fritz

Thats another very good point and may have very well been the origing of everything.

--

The moment of the unveiling:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8111984.stm

--

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I was the Stig, until they found someone faster.

Unbelievable! I sure as hell didn't see that one coming. Everyone knew it had to be an ex-F1 driver.

How the hell did they manage to keep this a secret this long?! Better yet, how did they manage to afford this guy's fee?!!! MS doesn't come cheap.

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

fritz:
    And in this particular instance, the only way Ferrari would allow TG to have an FXX to play with would surely be if they were in full control of who got to drive it.
    As was mentioned in the show, not even that model's buyers get to take their cars home with them.  Smiley

That always bugged me out about the FXX. You spend 2 Million dollars on a car and you can't take it home with you. Ferrari tells you were it will be and you can come and drive it.

Or you can have it made available for you on specific track days. Smiley

How insane is that. Smiley

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

This is so great! Hilarious!!!

Heist:

That always bugged me out about the FXX. You spend 2 Million dollars on a car and you can't take it home with you. Ferrari tells you were it will be and you can come and drive it.

Or you can have it made available for you on specific track days. Smiley

How insane is that. Smiley

This is not correct.

We have one Enzo FXX in Turkey, and I did the paperworks and imported the car to the Country via my Firm.

The owner maybe put 500 km in the last 2 years and there is no such thing that he is not allowed to take it home or can only drive on special occasions.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

There is zero doubt that the ONLY time on the lapboard set by 'this' stig was the FXX. The lap in the reasonably priced car at the end was bloody hilarious though!
    --

Click for bigger picture!

I was totally blown away !!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!

I never thought it was going to be him, never !!!!! .

--

Right at the end of the episode JC says that 'the Stig' hasn't done a lap in the reasonably priced car (followed by comedy lap) however I think you will find that the Stig is at the top of the F1 drivers lap board in the reasonably priced car

Entertaining as ever though

--

Don't tell me that many people took this "revelation" at face value!

It's a JC joke and a clever publicity stunt for the new series IMO.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

reginos:

Don't tell me that many people took this "revelation" at face value!

It's a JC joke and a clever publicity stunt for the new series IMO.

I know - pretty much the only person in the world of racing it wouldn't be! 

--

Sensational way to start the new season - very well done, but so obviously a stunt. 

Can't believe the apparent gullibility of some Rennteamers..

Hey Fritz...what's all this about Santa Claus? - do you really think he may be the Stig?

He'd certainly have enough time on his hands for most of the year..

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Rumor has it that Bacardi paid for this appearance.

...And that it at least four people have driven in the Stig's role, one of them being Ben Collins.

--
    Costas

Guys,

even the BBC and Clarkson ackkowledge MS is not the Stig:

en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090622092912.shtml

1. I imagine regardless of Ferrari's policies about taking the FXX home with you, Schu can probably do what he wants with his. Especially considering they extended the production run to make him one, also the only black one I think.

2. Pretty contrived interview I thought. Michael was never the chatty, down to earth type, but I expected to see him be a bit more personal than that. The drunk pictures were fantastic though.

3. Can I just point out that an FXX in evo spec (860bhp), driven by Schumacher himself, was nearly 11 seconds off Kovalainen in the R25 (?) F1. 11 seconds!!

JesseBank:

1. I imagine regardless of Ferrari's policies about taking the FXX home with you, Schu can probably do what he wants with his. Especially considering they extended the production run to make him one, also the only black one I think.

2. Pretty contrived interview I thought. Michael was never the chatty, down to earth type, but I expected to see him be a bit more personal than that. The drunk pictures were fantastic though.

3. Can I just point out that an FXX in evo spec (860bhp), driven by Schumacher himself, was nearly 11 seconds off Kovalainen in the R25 (?) F1. 11 seconds!!

Didn't the AM DBR9 do a 1'08"?  Yeh, I remeber the F1 car did under a minute.

--

Wow. Did. Just looked it up. Didn't look anywhere near as tidy as the FXX though, it was popping and sputtering the whole way around. I'm having a hard time understanding how a car, designed and built with no rulebook to follow, could be 2 seconds slower than a GT1 Aston, with Schumi at the wheel. Maybe he's lost his touch...Or maybe it was Ralf... 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778729 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442162 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263028 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261314 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85556 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5770 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880998 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817046 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM