Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Latest from Ferrari world "Yas Island"

Re: Latest from Ferrari world "Yas Island"

Roller coaster, cool. Tremendous project, a modern St. Louis expo. That is what the US should be doing all over the country coonected by high speed rail. Tourism is just going to get bigger in the future as a generator of jobs and sadly the US is trailing behind in man-made attractions.

Look at all the jobs created by this, Basic steel, high end steel forming contractors, engineers, glass manf. all the interior stuff, construction laborers and then all the people who will work there permanently.

Thanks for posting, looks great.

Wow. (x3) That is one ambitious project, here's hoping the funding doesn't dry up before its finished. Would be undoubtedly a huge tourist draw, particularly if they begin to host major racing events. Someone should check to see if Bernie has trademarked the "Yas Island GP" name yet...

@996AD: Do you know the architect/s for this project?

@racerx: Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. Just think what we could be doing if we hadn't sunk untold billions into automakers/insurance/banks that were going to fail anyway...

Even better than to have the Government spend more of our money is to have the Government allow private investment to more easily build things in this country.  And then get Government out of the way.

Want to encourage high speed rail?  Make sure that unions are not part of the project, make any profits tax free, eliminate the minimum wage for this project alone, etc., etc.,  and allow private industry to build and run the project, exclusively.  Also, allow people who want to spend money on tickets to have it tax deductible.  In the end, it still might not be feasible, but it would be a giant step in the right direction.  And if it's not feasible, it means that it's a money pit.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

All great points, particularly as private industry and the inherent competition that comes with it, should be the cornerstone on which our new economy is built. It would be great if they didn't have to rely on the terminally unproductive leadership of the labor unions, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that...

Nice Architecture !!!  

More about the architects:

www.benoy.com/html/news.cfm

SoCal Alan:

Even better than to have the Government spend more of our money is to have the Government allow private investment to more easily build things in this country.  And then get Government out of the way.

Want to encourage high speed rail?  Make sure that unions are not part of the project, make any profits tax free, eliminate the minimum wage for this project alone, etc., etc.,  and allow private industry to build and run the project, exclusively.  Also, allow people who want to spend money on tickets to have it tax deductible.  In the end, it still might not be feasible, but it would be a giant step in the right direction.  And if it's not feasible, it means that it's a money pit.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

You are so whistling dixie about some fantasy vanderbilt/rockefeller bygone era. Get real.

The last american who did something equal to this was the actual person Walt Disney. 

Everything we have manmade in this country that is impressive in anyway outside of an office building was state funded. Taxpayer money is the only way to do this without a wealthy patriotic american like Walt. He was one of a kind.

And from what i have seen a lot the impressive infrastructure in the gulf is state funded, sovereign funds.

It's all oil money and the oil wealth is all royal family ie govt. controlled. 

Under your belief system we will continue to fall behind the rest of the world and watch as they modernize and live 21st cenntury lives and we will continue to beat whats left out of FDR's projects and the WW2 generations hard work.

Lars997:

More about the architects:

www.benoy.com/html/news.cfm

thanks a lot Lars, that kind of info interests me a lot Smiley

racerx:
    SoCal Alan:

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

You are so whistling dixie about some fantasy vanderbilt/rockefeller bygone era. Get real.

The last american who did something equal to this was the actual person Walt Disney. 

Everything we have manmade in this country that is impressive in anyway outside of an office building was state funded. Taxpayer money is the only way to do this without a wealthy patriotic american like Walt. He was one of a kind.

And from what i have seen a lot the impressive infrastructure in the gulf is state funded, sovereign funds.

It's all oil money and the oil wealth is all royal family ie govt. controlled. 

Under your belief system we will continue to fall behind the rest of the world and watch as they modernize and live 21st cenntury lives and we will continue to beat whats left out of FDR's projects and the WW2 generations hard work.

You disagree with my ideas to allow Government to encourage more private investment?  You disagree with my ideas to allow Government to have private investment fuel growth?  Goverment spending is the most INEFFICIENT use of capital.  At a time when we can't afford to be wasting a single dollar.  Look at any major recent project in the US - Boston's Big Dig, Eastern Span replacement for the SF Bay Bridge.  Massive cost overruns.  Massive delays.  Yes, it CAN be done by the public sector, but always at significant cost increases, schedule increases, and questionable needs.  You're looking for the home run.  The super major projects.  High speed rail connection to what?  Why?  If it can't pay for itself, that means that the public doesn't feel it's worth their money.  That's why the public sector is involved.  To waste our money.  If YOU feel we need subsidized high speed rail and YOU believe everybody wants it, why don't you form a consortium of private capital with a public partnership who would grant you all the necessary fast track approvals, and see if you can raise the funding right now.  Wouldn't you rather have your major projects built and not have to involve taxpayer money?  If it can't be done privately, that means it's not truly desired.  Private investment can raise 10's or 100's of billions, if it's the right investment.  Everybody is looking for the right investment as long as they get a return on their investment.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Yas Island is such am awesome project 

our US econ discussion continued on O/T hit bottom thread

First of all, there 0% TAXES here in the UAE.

I'd rather the governent spends all these millions on F1 and Ferrari Land than to waste it on useless wars!!

koko:

I'd rather the governent spends all these millions on F1 and Ferrari Land than to waste it on useless wars!!

I agree. The US must eliminate all foreign energy imports completely. then we can have economic stability and leave the gulf completely for good.

Why do all threads end up with a US polictics debate....

Adam2S:

Why do all threads end up with a US polictics debate....

This thread has no politics, it is economics which i continued on an O/T thread and provided the link above. Don't you see? That is called being considerate!

But since you ask, why would this thread end in economics because that is what its about. Yas Island is an economic project, a construction project that will enhance the lifes of the people in the emirates. Economics affects everything, quality of life, ability to purchase cars or the energy required to run them.

And i for one like to point out that the US should be doing these types of projects. It bothers me to see my country going down the drain economically.

and because we are ADULTS! Not 16 year old adolescents dreaming about owning some car we see in motor trend. All the bench racing discussions about 0-60, such childish crap. 

This type of thread is far more interesting,seeing such an impressive dream be built, the design talent, the engineering. This is positive stuff and the only connection to cars is the ferrari badge. But it is ECONOMICS and CULTURE.

the only recent thing in the US comparable on a less grand scale is http://www.nasm.si.edu/UdvarHazy/  which i visited a few months back and what a great experience. Would I like a Yas Island type development here - YES.

when done

Wow, I bet the promotional video was already unbelievable expensive, let alone the cost of the whole thing. Staggering but cool.

We also see the F1 track being built in that first video and here is a great brief presentation of the finished track.

http://www.yasmarinacircuit.ae/ 

This place and the video is something special! Just not sure if Abu Dhabi is the right place to build it. Will there ever be the amount of people for filling a park day by day (I guess it should bei something around 50.000+ visitors a day, compared to other amusement parks).

I think this place looks very impressive. I think it will have 1 week per year when an enormous number of people will visit (for the F1 Grand Prix weekend). Other than that, I think people within the UAE and other GCC countries will travel to visit it. Whether it will be profitable is unclear IMO...

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

The Yas circuit in the Yas island will be more than a race track . there will be Warner Bros. nother theme park too , water park, golf course , beaches , sailing and shopping . also the first Ferrari school out of Itali.

I don't have lots of info about figures and numbers but i've been following up with the construction and it's huge and they are working shifting 24 hours.  I will post more updates .

I was supposed to be working on this scheme but the rug was pulled from under me a week before I was due to go out...

--

http://www.phrog.co.uk

Roller coaster is almost done   they said it's going to be the fastest roller coaster.. i don't know..  i will take a ride and report  

it will be similar to the one in Germany F1 style roller coaster , it goes up to 4G  

1248324855794ferrari-world-4-big.jpg1248324886612ferrari-world-7-big.jpgferrari-world-11-big.jpgferrari-world-12-big.jpgferrari-world-15-big.jpgferrari-world-16-big.jpgferrari-world-22-big.jpgfig5trains.jpgfig4trains.jpgonrideupic305613full.jpgonrideupic305616full.jpgonrideupic305620full.jpgonrideupic305621full.jpgonrideupic305637fullj.jpg

cant wait 

Looks very impressive....

It should attract a lot of visitors - particularly during the F1 weekend - but also visitors to Dubai who have time to make the journey to Abu Dhabi.

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Actually it looks quite puzzling.

Most roller coasters are powered by gravity after being towed up to the highest point and get their speed from height, hence the name coaster!

This course looks long and very low with no great high point. A few coasters get their take-off from compressed air.

This one appears to be a mystery as far as what may be powering it. Great pics, I enjoy construction shots especially of things that are unique.

The recently opened ring racer at Nürburgring seems similar, it has a compressed air launch 0 − 200km/h (134.8 mph) in 2.5 seconds

The first public launch (With Michael Schumacher in the front row) didn't work too well, skip to 3:20 to see it

0-200 in 2,5 seconds is just insane!

The 'Ring racer isn't really impressive.  One long straight into a semi loop and then a long straight back.  I'd pay 3-5 Euro to ride it but anything else is pointless unless riding at the precise moment of a race start!

--
    harrY 2006 Boxster S, Atlas Grey, Black/Black, 6spd

harryo2b:

The 'Ring racer isn't really impressive.  One long straight into a semi loop and then a long straight back.  I'd pay 3-5 Euro to ride it but anything else is pointless unless riding at the precise moment of a race start!

AFAIK, the ring racer is closed during races.

That ring racer is pathetic, the best I have personally been on would be Space mountain- Disney, one at the amusment park connected to the F1 track on Ile Notre Dame in Montreal, and one at the Six Flags over Texas park.

But the best place for Roller Coasters in the World is Kings Island in Ohio, I know blackpool has its share and Universal theme park, plus others but Kings Island is the leader.

Quick elevation changes and turns especially if in the dark are the best features, the negative G feeling in your stomach!

Here check these;

real video; 

animation but wow

real life same ride

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690446 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409726 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255966 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235261 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65643 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858379 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774654 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM