Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: ...

gman:

WOW.......what are you talking about a Lada or something.......GTR Mate......holds it's value better then any Porker and for Gods sake it's Japanese.......will go for ever.

Nice first post! Smiley 

--

Gauss:
    gman:

WOW.......what are you talking about a Lada or something.......GTR Mate......holds it's value better then any Porker and for Gods sake it's Japanese.......will go for ever.

Nice first post! Smiley 

He actually has a point, Japanese cars usually do last very long. But the GTR already has shown to be an exception to this rule.

Like we haven't seen Lambos Ferraris and Porkers break.......and where are they all Breaking...?  

Here in Australia the R35 has won all three Targas...against Lambos and a long line-up of

GT2's driven by Pro Drivers..............This will be my last post on this Forum as I refuse to be fed BS.

PS: I currently own a Porsche Cayman S and Lotus Exige 240R and S2 Elise and R35 and drive and enjoy all of them....but what gets me mad is people bagging a product and pretending they know it when they don't........don't give me ....have driven one BS.

Buy one and live with one and then make some constructive comments......based on knowledge and not jealousy or what ever drives you guys.....

gman:

This will be my last post on this Forum as I refuse to be fed BS.

After only two posts already? Smiley

Guess that's a new record here at RT. Smiley

Congrats and bye-bye. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

gman:

GT2's driven by Pro Drivers..............This will be my last post on this Forum as I refuse to be fed BS.

I don't want to feed you BS, I was referring to the problems they had with launch control, and the countless reasons they'll void your warranty. That's not common for Japanese cars.

As you can see in other threads, Ferrari and Lambo are heavily criticized for their recent quality issues. Porsche seems to be still quite good but not beyond criticism.

Read a little, you'll find this forum is very very critical about Porsche too.

gman:

Like we haven't seen Lambos Ferraris and Porkers break.......and where are they all Breaking...?  

Here in Australia the R35 has won all three Targas...against Lambos and a long line-up of

PS: I currently own a Porsche Cayman S and Lotus Exige 240R and S2 Elise and R35 and drive and enjoy all of them....but what gets me mad is people bagging a product and pretending they know it when they don't........don't give me ....have driven one BS.

Buy one and live with one and then make some constructive comments......based on knowledge and not jealousy or what ever drives you guys.....

Porkers? Smiley

Here your Cayman S

Yet another troll... The GT-R mechanical issues are well documented. Oh, I believe that two thirds (66.6%) of Porsches ever built are still on the road. I doubt Nissan can say the same thing.

OK....That's better........I drive my Porsche CS on a Daily basis and love it....but it just does not give me SuperCar performance levels that my R35 gives me RELIABLY........

For me to get those performance levels from a Porsche model here in Australia I would

Have to pay well over $300k..........My GTR will still beat it (911 Turbo) and only cost me

170k.

The world is a much smaller place these days and it only takes 2 or 3 idiots posting un-truths

and before you know it........

We had our first 6 R35's delivered here in Melbourne a month ago and trust me.....a few are seeing track work and hard use..........No major problems to report,and 2nd place getter in

Tasmania Targa (Lambo) has now ordered his R35 after getting his arse handed to him 3 times by R35's (very little mods done to them...)

PS: Porker is (as in Fat/Heavy/Slow)  commonly used here...."Porsche"......we have V8 Sedans here that will take on most Porkers at the lights and at a fraction of the cost an

do OK.................

gman:

OK....That's better.......

Smiley  Smiley

--

fritz

Re: Porsche accueses Nissan of cheating

AUM:
    Porsche claim 7.38 for the Turbo and 7.54 for the GTR but in all independent tests the GTR laps faster than the Turbo. I prefer the evidence of independent tests to manufacturer claims.

ROFL!

It's the exact opposite of what the guy from Porsche said. Too funny!

Oh and Porsche's reliability problems are also very well documented and you know what? Porsche would be so damn happy to have the same problems as Nissan.

Walter:

Oh and Porsche's reliability problems are also very well documented and you know what? Porsche would be so damn happy to have the same problems as Nissan.

Links?

Walter:
     Porsche would be so damn happy to have the same problems as Nissan.

I am not sure about this... The company Nissan is really an underperformer in the automobile world Smiley

gman:

No offense but we aren't interested in what posters you have hanging on your wall. Judging from your comments you are about 16 yo and having wet dreams over GTRs.... You certainly don't sound like someone who has shelled out A$500k on cars (based on the intellectual content of your posts) in the last couple years unless its been on GT4... feel free to prove me wrong or go back to reading your Wheels and Motor magazines and playing PS3..... Maybe soon you'll unlock another prototype on grand turismo genius.... Smiley

What are these warranty issues with the GTR that people are talking about?  I am not aware of any issue different for other manufacturers.  Regarding launch control, in case people dont' know, the software has been updated so that you could do launch control without warranty issue. I guess the only limitation is that VDC cannot be turned off, that is about the only warranty issue I could think of.  I guess that is a big deal to some people.

baron:

What are these warranty issues with the GTR that people are talking about?  I am not aware of any issue different for other manufacturers.  Regarding launch control, in case people dont' know, the software has been updated so that you could do launch control without warranty issue. I guess the only limitation is that VDC cannot be turned off, that is about the only warranty issue I could think of.  I guess that is a big deal to some people.

GT-R's that blew transaxles during launch control were not covered under warranty. The replacement cost was around $20K. Nissan modifed the launch control to kick in at a lower rpm, but if you break something while VDC is off it's still not covered by Nissan. (You need to disable VDC to use launch control).

The last page of the owners manual has half a dozen slots where you can record the dates that you replace the transaxle on your GT-R. Not really confidence inspiring.

FYI, Porsche has no such warranty limitation on the launch control offered on PDK cars.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=140966

JoeRockhead:
    Links?

Links? So now you gonna pretend like you don't know about the RMS thing and that other small problem of engines blowing up? haha!

gman:
    Have to pay well over $300k..........My GTR will still beat it (911 Turbo) and only cost me

170k.

We had that discussion here too, price difference between Porsche and GT-R varies HUGELY between countries, and at that price difference, even the Porsche die hards here admitted that the GT-R offers more value for money.

BTW: Don't get fed up just because you arrived at a time where our GT-R enthusiasts were offline, wait until AUM comes back, he'll love you Smiley

Walter:
    JoeRockhead:
    Links?

Links? So now you gonna pretend like you don't know about the RMS thing and that other small problem of engines blowing up? haha!

So you've got nothing, then?

That is not true.  With the new launch control update, you could do launch control with VDC on, and in both manual and automatic mode with great results.  No warranty issues. 

Rossi:
    gman:

+1 Smiley A genuine 'drive-by posting' Smiley

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

easy_rider911:
    Rossi:
    gman:

+1 Smiley A genuine 'drive-by posting' Smiley

He already neglected his promise... Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Walter:
    JoeRockhead:
    So you've got nothing, then?

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/119618/Rear_Main_Seal/index.html

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=26116&st=0&gopid=137957&#entry137957

http://www.google.lu/search?hl=fr&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Afr%3Aofficial&hs=n0S...

Not even 50 seconds with google.

Your second link points to the first link, and the third link refers to Boxster's with engine problems from 10 years ago. As far as I know, Porsche replaced those engines under warranty even though a full replacement wasn't required. If that's the best you can do, it's pretty weak.

Here are some for you:

Owners Rank Porsche 911 'Most Satisfying' Premium Sports Car:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=ind_focus.story&STORY=/www/story/05-19-2009/0005029575&EDATE=

Porsche : First Place for the Fourth Time in a row

J.D. Power Quality Study:

http://www.cartype.com/pages/3241/porsche__first_place_for_the_fourth_time_in_a_row

baron:

That is not true.  With the new launch control update, you could do launch control with VDC on, and in both manual and automatic mode with great results.  No warranty issues. 

I guess patching the software is cheaper than fixing the hardware.

JoeRockhead:

it's pretty weak.

The RMS and the engines? yeah

NH997S: Argh - my new 997S has the dreaded RMS problem.

Carlos from Spain: I have had it in my 996

mikekenzo: I had a 2001 boxster s and at 53k miles my RMS started to leak

NH997S: I started seeing oil on the floor in my garage.

lbp: I have a 997 GT3RS with the RMS issue.

That's from the first link,all in one single page. Now the second link and again all in one page only

dch475 : I have a 2007 (GT3)  that has had the RMS changed twice

jmla: The dealer has installed two of the the "updated" 997 seals and both have leaked within 4-6 weeks of installation

NoSubEDU Mine didn't start leaking until 12k miles.

Also try this and read J Seven's post: http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/199157/RMS_Issue__does_Porsche_finally_agree/index.html (found that on the 3rd page of the last link)

Source of your first link: Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

Source of your second link: Porsche

JoeRockhead:

The hardware is fine. It's just that it's not idiot proof. But that actually made the car faster: http://www.autospies.com/news/Edmunds-Insideline-2009-Nissan-GT-R-Reprogrammed-and-Gets-Faster-41026/

That's right.  The software update basically launches the GTR at 3000rpm, instead of 4500rpm, and with VDC on.  You could do it repeatedly and get 11.5sec 1/4 mi all day without advervse effects.  If it does break you are covered  with the warranty.  But who really cares since no one should buy the GTR just for drag racing anyway.

Walter:
    JoeRockhead:

The hardware is fine. It's just that it's not idiot proof.

So how do you eliminate the idiots amongst your potential customers?  Do you submit them to an intelligence test? Smiley  

I would have thought that you should have found out during the development and testing of the car that it was not idiot-proof.  Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    Walter:
    JoeRockhead:

The hardware is fine. It's just that it's not idiot proof.

So how do you eliminate the idiots amongst your potential customers?  Do you submit them to an intelligence test? Smiley  

I would have thought that you should have found out during the development and testing of the car that it was not idiot-proof.  Smiley

--

fritz

One thing is for sure: As GTR buyers are more focused on avoiding big expenses it is likely that they (on average) earn less money than typcial Porsche buyers. On average this might then imply that they have a lower IQ (preventing them from making more money). This in turn might result in more LC issues Smiley

Just kidding, please forgive me Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776979 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441621 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262740 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260897 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85155 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5543 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880600 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815789 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM