Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

If you had a choice, would it be 360 CS or Gallardo Superleggera?

If you could pick on of the two cars right now, which would you go for?

The CS production numbers were 1288 versus the Superleggera 350 (approximately).

Also just a brief explaination on why your choice?

Thanks! Smiley

Re: If you had a choice, would it be 360 CS or Gallardo Superleggera?

Gallardo for me. 

I thought the 360 liked to spin a lot like a little dog wagging it's tail.

--

Click for bigger picture!

leggera!  I assume you are keeping the 430?  Though not as raw is the CS you have 8cyl mid engine evolution of the CS already.

The Leggera is rarer (didnt know it was so limited), more current technology and different than what you already have.  I've also seen the SL with the newer LP bumper...

--
    2007 997TT Blk/Blk 2007 X3 Sil Gry/Taupe 2002 E46 M3 Slvr/Blk (gone)

CS of course with stripe and racing winows

--

Forza rennteam 2.0!

I vote for the Lambo, for style reasons.  I'd be thrilled with either of course though...

The Lambo - all lambo does is so-called collectables, everytime you turn around its a new name and "limited" edition. I had a car friend that i used to go on rides with he had a 1 of 10 limited edition Diablo. Still just a diablo to most everyone.

The Ferrari - The CS is probably the most collectable modern ferrari but it was surpassed by the 430 and then directly by the scud and soon by the 450 and its lightweight version. So eventually just another 8 cyl fcar.

You have a murcie and a 430 so those bases are covered, why not get something a little more special;

choices - Carrera GT, AM one77, or Zonda (of course you would have to save up for a few months, but you can enjoy the anticipation)

I am totally serious

But here is something to think about - since you are becoming the Jay Leno of SA. - get a truly unique and fun car. Buy a limited edition low mile RHD 928, GT, CS, or GTS and supercharge it or build a stoker engine. These have GT2 performance and the best all-around driving/ownership experience and are super rare.

Plus you could do the interior in champagne, that is Paul Champagne who is one of the best leather craftsmen around, a 928 owner, who does interior parts for primarily 928's. GT2 numbers with the most luxurious interior and then you would have a car that would get driven more than all the others.

champagne seats.jpg

champagne seats2.jpg 

thuggy:

leggera!  I assume you are keeping the 430?  Though not as raw is the CS you have 8cyl mid engine evolution of the CS already.

The Leggera is rarer (didnt know it was so limited), more current technology and different than what you already have.  I've also seen the SL with the newer LP bumper...

Yes I'm keeping the 430 of course. Thanks for your vote Smiley

Alex_997TT:

Gallardo for me. 

I thought the 360 liked to spin a lot like a little dog wagging it's tail.

I'm leaning towards the Gallardo as well.

racerx:

The Lambo - all lambo does is so-called collectables, everytime you turn around its a new name and "limited" edition. I had a car friend that i used to go on rides with he had a 1 of 10 limited edition Diablo. Still just a diablo to most everyone.

The Ferrari - The CS is probably the most collectable modern ferrari but it was surpassed by the 430 and then directly by the scud and soon by the 450 and its lightweight version. So eventually just another 8 cyl fcar.

You have a murcie and a 430 so those bases are covered, why not get something a little more special;

choices - Carrera GT, AM one77, or Zonda (of course you would have to save up for a few months, but you can enjoy the anticipation)

I am totally serious

But here is something to think about - since you are becoming the Jay Leno of SA. - get a truly unique and fun car. Buy a limited edition low mile RHD 928, GT, CS, or GTS and supercharge it or build a stoker engine. These have GT2 performance and the best all-around driving/ownership experience and are super rare.

Plus you could do the interior in champagne, that is Paul Champagne who is one of the best leather craftsmen around, a 928 owner, who does interior parts for primarily 928's. GT2 numbers with the most luxurious interior and then you would have a car that would get driven more than all the others.

Hi racerx, I appreciate your input. However the 928 has never really appealed to me, my opinion and taste could change in the future. For now, it's not what I'm looking for.

I'm still going to get the Zonda, don't worry about that. For now if I can pick up cars that cost a fifth of what a Zonda will, I feel much more comfortable.

The Superleggera is a bit more special than the "Nera and SE" edition Gallardos, I think the Nera and SE will be a flop from a collector's point of view just like the 40th Anniversary Murcielago was.

Best of all, Lamborghini has STOPPED making them - so I do not need to expect any more silly editions that may water the platform down.

Mike S:

Hi racerx, I appreciate your input. However the 928 has never really appealed to me, my opinion and taste could change in the future. For now, it's not what I'm looking for.

I'm still going to get the Zonda, don't worry about that. 

We have to work on that and good that you will get a Zonda.

Why not get both? You know you will eventually anyway.

I'd go with the CS, hands down. Just listen to it!

Watch this vid (you don't need to speak Dutch to understand the point)...

http://www.petrolhead.nl/2007/12/video_ferrari_360_challenge_stradale.php

Gallardo Superleggera all the way.  However, if you asked me to choose between a Superleggera and a F430 then that would be more difficult to choose.

I'm debating over a used Superleggera (mint condition) or a brand new 997 Turbo.

Which would you go for?  Not exactly apples to apples comparison, I know.

I think I wasn't going to say this about the Stradale, because the moment that car was launched and heard the exhaust note from the inside, I thought it was going to be a collection piece like an F40 or similar.

BUT now, I would rather have a superleggera, I decided this some months ago, when I saw this video !!! ( please put your speakers in high volume)....Never thought an engine could sound so good, and so similar to a machine gun when shifting down and reaching the red zone for several seconds.

Either way both cars are just a dream, the Stradale is a very very special car, and its now a ¨ cheaper ¨ car than a Superleggera.

Edit: Why the video doesn't shows up??? Smiley

vimeo.com/1438508

--

I would have gone for the SC. IMO, it is more special in terms of sound and performance.

SC is surpassed by F430 but leggera is also surpassed by LP560-4.

SC is the more rewarding and sensational drive, hands down.

Also, it is a big improvement over regular 360 Modena in terms of performance and handling.

It is a special Ferrari, and a beautiful one.

On the other hand leggera is almost an ordinary Gallardo.

However, since you are going to buy a second hand car, it is more important to choose the car that is in better condition and which you like most once you sit in the driver's seat.

Just my thoughts.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

I haven't driven a Stradale Mike but have driven a Superlegerra on a test circuit (Millbrook) and own a Scuderia. I'd say it depends what you are looking for from the car. If you want a really raw, noisy, involving and challenging drive then the Stradale is the car to have. It may also start to appreciate in value in future years as it really is achieving almost iconic status. There are around 20 or so CS owners on a UK based forum I use and they all rate the cars very highly. The CS was worlds away from the donor 360 Modena and some owners on there traded out of F430s to get a used CS.

The Lamborghini is an intriguing car. It's not as raw as I was expecting it to be compared to the '06 coupe and '07 spyder I owned but is a great car nonetheless. It's not as stripped out as the CS and is more modern in terms of cabin and safety systems. It is also imbued with more forgiving handling as a result of it's AWD system. It looks great but even though it was produced in lower numbers I doubt it'll hold it's value so well in the long term as Lamborghini lacks the "pedigree" that keeps values high (not that I agree with this market view). The best colours for me on this car are either Bianco Monocerus which was very rare and only available towards the end of production or Arancio Borealis. The car looks a lot more aggressive in the metal than photographs can convey. The c/f side skirt wing extensions look great as do the revised alloys.

Mike

for me it depends of what you whant to do with that car..

If you whant to take it a few years,i think is better the Ferrari,also if is difficult for me to admit,a Ferrari like CS is for ever something exclusive,sure more than a Superleggera...i think that Lambo now has not the charm it has before,at least not like a Ferrari..

Instead if you whant one of the fastest car in his category,i think the Lambo is what you need

It depends on what you whantSmiley

Remember that a good find would be a Porsche 993 GT2Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Can rennteam do polls, we need a poll. 

Lambo, newer car, faster, harder and better looking as 360 (IMO)

this dog prefers the Stradale

just a sweet pic I have in my hard drive.

I think both cars are very special, that said, it is a very difficult situation you are facing, thank god I don't have to suffer a similar decision in life !!! SmileySmileySmiley

2342720200_03dddeb272_o(2).jpg

--

JoeRockhead:

that is a classic video, well done, he knows everyone wants to hear it and not him. just classic.

im a ferrari person but still SL definitely , its rarer and much more up to date. if it serves you any good mike only 3 white ones were made and after those the black ones and yellow ones are the rarest.

Well here is the dilemma, I made a few phone calls yesterday and there will be a CS available in the next few weeks. There are 12 in the country in total. The colour and specifications still to be confirmed by dealer. All of them are at around 15,000 to 20,000km mileage unfortunately. Pricing estimated at $304k.

There are 3 Superleggera's available now (black, yellow and orange) all with pretty much with delivery mileage. There are 8 in the country. Pricing would be around $402k.

On a side note, the Ferrari dealer also offered me an allocation for a 430 Scuderia, but the car doesn't appeal to me yet. I don't know why - I don't want to sell the 430 and I don't want another 430, I know they are worlds apart in terms of the drive. Pricing was also quite fair for a change. Problem is there are already 21 Scuderia's in the country and we will also be receiving 4 16M Spiders (all sold already).

-----------------------------

@Joe: Thanks for the link and trip down memory lane. I drove the CS years ago so I still have a vague memory on how it drives

@550 spyder: I would go for the Turbo if I was you, I also drove the Superleggera and it's not an easy car to live with everyday. The suspension is rock hard and ground clearance is a joke, but what else would you expect from a Lambo. The Turbo is extremely fast and far cheaper than the SL.

@Alex: Thanks for the great vid!

@pride355: Thanks very much for your comments. I think they are very valid.

@ISUK: You're making this very hard for me.  I think at the end of the day I will probably end up getting both, but I'm not going to have the space to keep them for about the next year or so. I'm debating what should I get now - before the CS perhaps appreciates and ends up more expensive and then get the SL after it's depreciated some more? Or get the SL now with low mileage while I still can?

@superDarius: Thanks Darius  I might look into the 993 GT2 in the future, I'm quite happy with my share of 993 history at the moment.

@Lars: Thanks for you input! I feel the same way.

LOL Great answer Mike.... " I think at the end of the day I will probably end up getting both" Smiley

Alternatively... buy a low mileage Scud for $255k in the UK  www.pistonheads.com/sales/970797.htm and ship it over to SA. I don't know if your import taxes would kill such a deal. Much better car than both the CS and SL plus you'd help out my residuals by reducing the UK availability by one more car Smiley

ISUK:

LOL Great answer Mike.... " I think at the end of the day I will probably end up getting both" Smiley

Alternatively... buy a low mileage Scud for $255k in the UK  www.pistonheads.com/sales/970797.htm and ship it over to SA. I don't know if your import taxes would kill such a deal. Much better car than both the CS and SL plus you'd help out my residuals by reducing the UK availability by one more car Smiley

someone has an agenda, Smiley and taking advantage of mikes condition (impulsive car buyer that is)  Smiley.  i do agree th scud is a much better car, mike i cant think of a reason why you wouldnt like it by now.

Mike have you seen this video?, from all the challenge Stradale videos I've seen this one is one of the best, I remember I saw this test in tv when the car was launched, and I was completely BLOWN away.

Seriously, now I dont know which one I would choose. I love it in silver with the stradale stripe.simply awesome and very rare colour.

Sorry for not helping !!!

www.youtube.com/watch

--

ISUK:

Haha, thanks ISUK Smiley If I bought a Scud, it would be through the local dealer. I get warranty plus all the dials are using KMH and celcius instead of MPH etc. in the UK. As mentioned previously, dleaer has an allocation for one, but I'm not eager to get the car. I'm not planning on ever parting with the current 430 and it makes no sense to me to buy essentially another 430. I would prefer spending money elsewhere.

Mike S:
    ISUK:

Haha, thanks ISUK Smiley If I bought a Scud, it would be through the local dealer. I get warranty plus all the dials are using KMH and celcius instead of MPH etc. in the UK. As mentioned previously, dleaer has an allocation for one, but I'm not eager to get the car. I'm not planning on ever parting with the current 430 and it makes no sense to me to buy essentially another 430. I would prefer spending money elsewhere.

I honestly am have difficulty understanding why you would one to buy either one.Smiley You own a 430 and its performance is one par with the CS but much more refined. I rode in the Superlegga and did not find anything exemplary about it. I believe it was panned by several car magazines.

I believe you also own a Murci along with the 430 so buying either the SC or Superlegga doesn't make sense. Also, considering that the 430 replacement will be out soon and the Scud can be had for a reasonable price your walking off a cliff contemplating buying either car.

Then again buying decisions are rarely rational.Smiley

--

Nick, Mike buys because he can.  Full stop.

Oh and we are all envious.  My vote is with Superlegerra btw.

I think the CS will increase in value more in the future than the Lambo will. If it isn't already, it is going to be a collector car as it represents a signifcant offering from Ferrari. Yeah, other cars may perform better or offer a more civilized experience but look at the Ferrari GTO. What are they worth now? It's a piece of Ferrari history. If you can get a red one with the stripe, grab it!

racerx:
    JoeRockhead:

that is a classic video, well done, he knows everyone wants to hear it and not him. just classic.

Great video Smiley

The noise is Sensational Smiley  And even if I prefer F430 in terms of handling and speed, 360 is more handsome; especially the SC Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Mike S:

If you could pick on of the two cars right now, which would you go for?

The CS production numbers were 1288 versus the Superleggera 350 (approximately).

Also just a brief explaination on why your choice?

Thanks! Smiley

I would go for the CS.

The Lamborghini SL is just another variant of the Gallardo Smiley (Of course, the SL is the better performer - I am assuming here that you buy this car also as an "investment")

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776736 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441521 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262683 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85097 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5500 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880529 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815663 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM