Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Bugatti Veyron Grand sport test drive

well folks..  had the chance to go and test drive the veyron last week in mulsheim, as i am seriously thinking about one... well all i can say .... i'm speechless.. plain speechless.. i have no words to describe, and after visisting, seeing how and from what its built and driving it, as weird as it may sound, its a cheap car ... a bargain, and they will never be another one.. 

as for the drive, its one of the easiest car to drive, very comfortable, and each time my feet floored the gas pedal, it was an... earthquake!!!! that thing is insane! sick fast and will destroy anything, absolutly anything on wheels. the speedo is faster than the rpm ! you see a car in the horizon, floor the gas pedal, take a 2G hit in your body, count to three, and find yourself  a milimeter away from his rear bumper... where you hit the brakes and after the airbrake deploys, you just dont understand how that insane car stopped...  and the sound.. oh my god the sound.. especially in the grand sport without the glass roof ... the whistle of the 4 turbo's when you hit the gas , and the sound of the 4 dump valves releasing the boost is unreal...SmileySmiley   

the gearbox is perfect.. in other words.. if you can then you SHOULD! IMG_0609.jpg

PS : mike, consider one, or arrange a test drive , you will be impressed of what you will experience. it makes all other cars around simply pointless and useless. 

Kudo's to Piech for his persistence that allowed such a cruise missile to exist, few or no man would have made this possible....

some pics. high rez availableIMG_0429.jpgIMG_0548.jpgIMG_0444.jpgIMG_0555.jpgIMG_0608.jpg

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Re: Bugatti Veyron Grand sport test drive

i messed up with the pics... the one with chrome fenders is the limited edition " villa d'este"   the 2 pics on the track are with dynamic mode on. i'm in the brown grand sport, and my friend in the black coupe.

the white brand sport is plain sick! best colour!

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Wow I'm speechless seeing these stunning photos! Like you said dhayek, if you can...then you should 

and if you do, make sure to post more photos! 

Thanks for sharing! 

--

I want one SOOO much! Fantastic report, many thanks!
    --

Click for bigger picture!

The one your'e in Dimitri looks titanium more than brown on my screen, a nice color for the veyron. My problem with this has always been the toilet seat grille, I wonder if they would paint it body color to lessen the effect.

Classy looking joint, like the pebble driveway. Thanks for sharing.

Buy it, you only live once. 

Dimitri, can I trade places with you? 

Thanks so much for the fantastic write up and photo's!

I have no words.

And even at $1MM, Bugatti still doesn't make a profit on this car. Ain't that amazing! 

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

Dimitri, congratulations - not many have the chance to experience that what you did! So thanks for your write up full of emotions. I loved to read it! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your wish come true .

dhayek:

the speedo is faster than the rpm !

Smiley

Thanks guys for the words... i have many video's i posted on facebook, i wish i had a way to share them here..

Mike!! believe me it worth ditching 3 or 4 cars from your garage for a veyron.. and it will replace many of the car you have.. + you will save some money on garage expansion cost  :)

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Lars997:

So thanks for your write up full of emotions. I loved to read it! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your wish come true

Absolutely! Smiley

Great report Dimitri, I hope you'll get the car, all rennteamers will visit you in Beirut then. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

amazing car. how can someone even consider an aston 1-77 if you can have this for the same money....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

The white one is stunning. You're a lucky guy to even be able to test drive one of those machines!

I' m speechless . Maybe it is not too safe to keep it in Libanon ..I can look after it in the Lausanne-Geneva area

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Very cool pictures and report Dimitri Smiley

This experience is once in a life time experience if you can then you should Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

WOW - thanks so much for sharing your experience Dmitri! Go for it man!!

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures with us, great posting!

To my shame I have to admit that I never drove a Veyron myself, so here's where my envy jumps in...you're a lucky bastard. SmileySmiley

If I could afford one, especially the Grand Sport, I would buy it in an instant.

You really must have had a blast of a day and if you can afford it, GO for it! Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Can you please send me this one in high res?

white veyron small.jpeg

--
    There is no try. Just do.

must of been quite an experience!

--

dhayek:

Thanks guys for the words... i have many video's i posted on facebook, i wish i had a way to share them here..

Mike!! believe me it worth ditching 3 or 4 cars from your garage for a veyron.. and it will replace many of the car you have.. + you will save some money on garage expansion cost  :)

We have a Rennteam page on FB.

you can post them there...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?sid=1726065cc16b2b6da52a8922cc92716a&gid=7358520228&ref=search

You can also add the hyperlink from your video and share it ...

--

amazing write up Dimitri, hope you can sort things out to get the car.  

Heist:

I have no words.

And even at $1MM, Bugatti still doesn't make a profit on this car. Ain't that amazing! 

Actually closer to $2mio...

Go for it Dimitri!!! This is something you should not think twice couse you may change your mind... So just buy this blody car!!! It´s insane!!! And contratulations from now.. 

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

That is definitively one of those ultimate driving experiences in the world SmileySmileySmiley

Thank you very much for posting Smiley

Heist:
    dhayek:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?sid=1726065cc16b2b6da52a8922cc92716a&gid=7358520228&ref=search

thanks for the info on rennteam facebook page, i just joined. can you please explain on the hyperlink thingy???

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

RC:

Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures with us, great posting!

To my shame I have to admit that I never drove a Veyron myself, so here's where my envy jumps in...you're a lucky bastard. SmileySmiley

If I could afford one, especially the Grand Sport, I would buy it in an instant.

You really must have had a blast of a day and if you can afford it, GO for it! Smiley

christian, it was a two day event and this thing is unreal, a jet on wheels,as luxurious aand comfortable as any car and as easy to drive as a skoda.. unreal..

i hope i will be able to make it, im still in negotiation with a person who is interested to buy my kidneySmiley

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Kidneys don't go so expensive. Unless your buyer hasn't shopped around Smiley

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

dhayek:
    Heist:
    dhayek:

thanks for the info on rennteam facebook page, i just joined. can you please explain on the hyperlink thingy???

Really simple. Just go the page where you posted the video - click on the video so it opens in a new page,  then copy the URL in your address window  and paste it here.

Random example from a friend of mine since she Video blogs all the damn time... Smiley

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1076426109780

--

JoeRockhead:

The white one is stunning. You're a lucky guy to even be able to test drive one of those machines!

Love the white one too ..

I have my lucky dip/sh*t euro million lottery ticket ready to hand to check,,if its a winner I may consider one Smiley...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:
    JoeRockhead:

Love the white one too ..

I have my lucky dip/sh*t euro million lottery ticket ready to hand to check,,if its a winner I may consider one Smiley...

You're out of luck, Throt.

Just heard on the radio that the Eurolottery win of over 120 million Euro went to just one guy in Spain! Smiley

I think he'll be getting to work late tomorrow morning. Smiley

--

fritz

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688410 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408648 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255492 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234739 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65363 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857526 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773269 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM