Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

AM Rapide Caught

some shots of the Rapide in the open:

173928.jpg2090869.jpg3290415.jpg4323304.jpg5198462.jpg6640909.jpg7561143.jpg

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Re: AM Rapide Caught

Although, theoretically it's a nice car, there is something about it that is not right. Actually it looks old to me as in "born old"  Additionally, it is too similar to their other cars, like a unimaginative photoshop job of an elongated Vanta-nguish.

Moreover, it is characterised by a lack of purpose as the rear of this "limousine"is for occasional use by adults and fit only for children.

There must be better ways of spending £140K+ on an automobile.

In conclusion it is a car for a rich person who wants to take his under-12 children to school but wants his car to have four doors and have the image of a limousine.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Especially with those rims, it reminds me of that Lagonda brand Aston Martin is about to revive. So no need for that good-looking SUV... Smiley

reginos:

Although, theoretically it's a nice car, there is something about it that is not right. Actually it looks old to me as in "born old"  

In Black or navy blue with different wheels in chrome will cure the old look.

There are better ways to waste that much money, but not on a panamera.

while i certainly fancy the front and the stance, the rear is very very boring. and the interior made me yawn.

so imo it has not beat the panamera in the looks department and will be outclassed in performance and quality/feel.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Boring and uninspiring, especially from the back. As someone already said, this car is too late, at least design wise. Am I the only one who would actually take the Panamera over the Rapide ?

Although I absolutely adore the DBS and the Vantage, the Aston model range reminds me of Matriochkas Russian dolls.

racerx:
    reginos:

Although, theoretically it's a nice car, there is something about it that is not right. Actually it looks old to me as in "born old"  

In Black or navy blue with different wheels in chrome will cure the old look.

There are better ways to waste that much money, but not on a panamera.

I don't think the Panamera and the Rapide are competitors both in price and in concept.

The top Panamera will cost 2/3 of the Rapide price.

The Rapide is a four door 2+2, something like the Mazda RX8 in concept whereas the Panamera has ample room for 4 adults and their luggage.

Who will buy the Rapide? Affluent people who don't want to leave the front seat to let their children at the back.

--

The rapide competition is the 612, Bentley CGT, baby RR. Panamera is not in the same league (BMW 7, S class, CLS, Quattroporte, S8, RS6, M5, X6, XKR, Nissan GT-R and many Cayenne type cars).

SciFrog:

The rapide competition is the 612, Bentley CGT, baby RR. Panamera is not in the same league (BMW 7, S class, CLS, Quattroporte, S8, RS6, M5, X6, XKR, Nissan GT-R and many Cayenne type cars).

Wow you are mixing everything together - it´s not a cocktail party or have I missed something. What has a BMW 7 with a Cayenne in common despite they are cars??? How can Rapide be like F 612?? And how can 612 be in same league like a baby RR?? 

Panamera beats Rapide in every aspect - but the Rapide will be much more prestige and more expenisve.

--

AM

A sedan is a sedan, function-wise. I dojn't know of 1 person who buys a car with the intent of fitting 4 large males in it, maybe some clown troop would have a use for it, but give me a break.

All the panamera supporters have blinders on and are making excuses for WW's blunder. 4 adult males in a car is no selling point, period. 

Price and performance, and novelty may sell some panameras, but looks and backseat volume won't. It won't even seat 3 children. Design practicality=0.

racerx:

A sedan is a sedan, function-wise. I dojn't know of 1 person who buys a car with the intent of fitting 4 large males in it, maybe some clown troop would have a use for it, but give me a break.

Smiley

Ugh, I don't like it at all. It's just so boring... 

It's like it takes all the beautiful drama of the DB9, then stretches it into a boring looking sedan. I'll take a Panamera Turbo please, even if they cost the same.

--

Looks a a mis proportioned model car. Horrible. The door openings seem to fit pretty bad, or there's black rubber but i see a lot of mis aligned stuff on the car... sure this isn't a Lada?

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

ALDO:
    SciFrog:

Wow you are mixing everything together - it´s not a cocktail party or have I missed something. What has a BMW 7 with a Cayenne in common despite they are cars??? How can Rapide be like F 612?? And how can 612 be in same league like a baby RR?? 

Panamera beats Rapide in every aspect - but the Rapide will be much more prestige and more expenisve.

Well everyone needs are different, but I stand by my categories for the luxury four seater cars (not 2+2):

$180k+: 612 RR Rapide CGT

4 people: BMW 7, S class, CLS, Quattroporte, S8, RS6, M5, X5-6M, XKR, Nissan GT-R, Cayenne TT or TTS and Panamera TT

Why can't you see a Rapide equivalent to a 612?

This car is a big mistake from AM. This car is stopping me from getting a DBS.  After years of DB9 production, I will get tired of this design pretty soon.

SmileySciFrog:

you're joking aren't you Smiley how can you compare the panamera to the &-series and Rapide to the 612, CGT....We all know that you are an aston martin die hard, but please try to admit when you o-called pride and joy manufacturer makes a big mistake..yes the rapide design is a big mistake Smiley

--
    There's only one car, there's only one Porsche

All I said what that they are not in the same category FOR BUYING PURPOSES (not performance) because of the price and maintenance.

Someone who is considering buying a Rapide will probably not buy a Panamera instead but will consider the 612/RR or CGT (he might buy both though!).

Scifrog is correct in a way. He categorises cars on the basis of the purchasing power of the potential buyers. Often people who like cars as a status symbol but are not keen enthusiasts, don't even look at mechanical spec and the performance figures. They go after a price tag and what is in fashion at the given time.

--

reginos:

Scifrog is correct in a way. He categorises cars on the basis of the purchasing power of the potential buyers. Often people who like cars as a status symbol but are not keen enthusiasts, don't even look at mechanical spec and the performance figures. They go after a price tag and what is in fashion at the given time.

Maybe but unless they are totally clueless, NO ONE is confusing a 4 door sedan with a CGT.Smiley

This rapide has its flaw in the body right before the rear wheels where the body drops down and makes the rear after the rear wheel look disjointed. Its a belly dragger. maybe that gives more headroon for backseat. But wait for this in black with some chrome and better wheels.

Anyway no matter- the leaders in sedans are still the CLS and the Tesla S.

Bentley CGT... Not THE CGT...

reginos:

Not directly status symbol.

Around here, Cayenne and 911 of all sorts are daily sights, and I am not even talking about Mercs BMW and Audis...

Some people just want something different regardless of the price (an elise for example or a Tesla).

SciFrog:
    reginos:

Not directly status symbol.

Around here, Cayenne and 911 of all sorts are daily sights, and I am not even talking about Mercs BMW and Audis...

Some people just want something different regardless of the price (an elise for example or a Tesla).

Again it conveys some kind of social status. Being more unique, different, outside the crowd and more conspicuous.

--

This car looked much better when camouflaged ! It just doesn' t do it to me. Far too long, and the 4 doors on this shape looks completely out of place ( like when Porsche tried to do a 4 door by stretching a 911)

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

( like when Porsche tried to do a 4 door by stretching a 911)

+1

--

Well you guys have such a european mentality trying to fly under the radar...

In the US, they don't have this mentality (although Obama is trying to change it without success). People here have respect in ones who have succeeded as they hope they will. In continental europe, if you have money, you don't fit in the mold so you are either a brat or a crook. I hated that and is part of the reason I left.

i guess in the usa it's flaunt it if you've got it.

in europe is falunt it if you don't have it

--

intouch1:

i guess in the usa it's flaunt it if you've got it.

in europe is falunt it if you don't have it

Exactly.

Up to a certain level of wealth though. Billionaires are usually not interested in cars.

SciFrog:

Well you guys have such a european mentality trying to fly under the radar...

In the US, they don't have this mentality (although Obama is trying to change it without success). People here have respect in ones who have succeeded as they hope they will. In continental europe, if you have money, you don't fit in the mold so you are either a brat or a crook. I hated that and is part of the reason I left.

I am afraid that with the Madoffs and the Lehmans and the investment bankers and all the rest of the crooks, Americans will also start being suspicious of wealthy individuals, if they haven't done so already.

It will wear off in a few months...

SciFrog:

It will wear off in a few months...

unless more and more are being caught with a finger in the honey

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690816 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410070 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256156 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235379 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65734 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858751 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775033 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM