Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

The black sheep

Picked this up a couple months ago. After the Mini's transformation I got addicted to these hot hatches. I know it's quite the odd one out, don't forget about my Volvo 960 and Suzuki Vitara Smiley Here are some photo's I took here. I hope you enjoy!

Re: The black sheep

Congrats Mike 

BTW, which camera are you using? Impressive picture quality  Are you having to do any photo editing?

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I guess you have to park this one outside? Very nice Mike.

Mike, if you want a serious FWD hot hatch, you should see if you can get the Focus RS in SA.  Unfortunately for me, we won't be getting it in Australia.  :(

Btw, there is no such thing as the odd one out for us car enthusiast.  At least for me.  Anything that is quick, entertaining or quirky in someway, I am in! 

Hey btw, seeing that you are a RR owner, do you know much info on the RR4?  Is there a Rolls forum that discusses future models?  (I just can't imagine a RR forum - they probably discuss antique vases and tea hahaha)

@WAY: LOL - actually I read somewhere that Rolls owners tend, on average, to have 4-5 cars so who knows which other 'toys' they might be enjoying  

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Easy911, my impression of Rolls owners is that they do own 4-5 cars, but they are a 1962 Rolls, 1975 Corniche, 1989 Rolls, and finally he goes out and buys a Phantom as he likes the imposing size.  Ok sometimes they will have an old Merc and Jag or two in there as well.  Lol.  Sorry Mike, no more Rolls owner jokes.  Oh, potential RR4 buyers will be different as that car is targeted more at the younger, cooler, and sportier market.  Those who have had Lambo, Porsches, Aston etc in their youth and now have a family in their middle age (err, like early 30's) and now needs a family car 

WAY:

Easy911, my impression of Rolls owners is that they

easy_rider911:

Congrats Mike 

BTW, which camera are you using? Impressive picture quality  Are you having to do any photo editing?

Hi easy,

I'm using a old-ish camera. It's a Canon 30D. Yes I did edit the photo's a little to bring some of the colour out Smiley

JoeRockhead:

I guess you have to park this one outside? Very nice Mike.

Thanks, no it has a garage. I will not buy a car if it does not have some form of roof over it's head. I'm too much of a motorhead to abuse a car like that Smiley

and

WAY:

Mike, if you want a serious FWD hot hatch, you should see if you can get the Focus RS in SA.  Unfortunately for me, we won't be getting it in Australia.  :(

Hi Way,

I don't know of the RS will eventually come here. There has been a lot of talk about it. How ever, I've got my eyes focused on something else. I might have news of it for you all tomorrow SmileySmiley

WAY:

Btw, there is no such thing as the odd one out for us car enthusiast.  At least for me.  Anything that is quick, entertaining or quirky in someway, I am in! 

Hey btw, seeing that you are a RR owner, do you know much info on the RR4?  Is there a Rolls forum that discusses future models?  (I just can't imagine a RR forum - they probably discuss antique vases and tea hahaha)

RR4 aka the 200EX? Or is there another new one out that I'm not aware of? I haven't come across any forums for RR owners, but Rennteam is just fine Smiley

I would like to see more pics of those sculpted evergreens, very nice. The camera has great depth of field, very nice shots.

The car looks nice, for a little car i always liked the VW rabbit/golf/gti. 

racerx:

and

LOL! That is why I drive myself Smiley

racerx:

I would like to see more pics of those sculpted evergreens, very nice. The camera has great depth of field, very nice shots.

The car looks nice, for a little car i always liked the VW rabbit/golf/gti. 

Strange request, but I'll get you some photo's of the ones out back. They're much bigger!

Thanks, the car is more commonly known as a Vauxhall Corsa VXR in Europe. I've already got a bag of minor modifications for it on it's way from the United Kingdom. Smiley

Very cool looking Mike Smiley.  I believe we have Opel as Saturn brand in the U.S. and recently they have released some good looking cars.

--
    Happy Driving

Mike S:
    WAY:

RR4 aka the 200EX? Or is there another new one out that I'm not aware of? I haven't come across any forums for RR owners, but Rennteam is just fine Smiley

Yeah that is the one.  It's now called RR4 internally.  On Pinnacle, it says that the 200EX points the way to the RR4, but my dealer said that the 200EX is basically the RR4.

racerx:

and

Bwahahaha!  THose ads depicts the exact type of Rolls owners I have in mind!  (sorry Mike for taking this thread off course)

WAY:
    Mike S:
    WAY:

Yeah that is the one.  It's now called RR4 internally.  On Pinnacle, it says that the 200EX points the way to the RR4, but my dealer said that the 200EX is basically the RR4.

All I know it that the new 760 BMW is using the same engine. Should be quite powerful. However if I wanted a necksnapping sedan, I would much rather go for the S65 AMG. I don't foresee myself getting a Rolls-Royce to go fast.

No no, it won't be a neck snapping car.  No Rolls Royce ever should be that.  Here is the press release by Rolls Royce last month.

[Source: Rolls-Royce]

PRESS RELEASE

ROLLS-ROYCE MOTOR CARS CONFIRMS FURTHER DETAILS FOR RR4

• New 6.6 litre turbo charged V12 engine unique to Rolls-Royce
    • New 8-speed gearbox
    • Engine power upwards of 500bhp (upwards of 373kW/507PS)

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has confirmed further details about the production version of 200EX, the experimental car shown at the Geneva motor show early in March 2009.

Rolls-Royce CEO, Tom Purves announced the details at a press conference in New York where 200EX is currently being shown to potential customers on the first leg of a world tour.

Speaking at the event, Mr. Purves said, "There has been a great deal of interest in this car since we first talked about producing a new model series in the autumn of 2006 and the reaction 200EX received at its unveiling at Geneva was very positive. As we move another step closer to the start of production at Goodwood, it is exciting to be able to share some of the specific technical details with customers and the media."

He continued, "RR4 will deliver an authentic Rolls-Royce experience to owners, so expect peerless comfort and build quality. However, we have consciously engineered this car to be more involving and dynamic for those owners around the world that will wish to drive it themselves."

RR4 will be powered by a brand new 6.6 litre turbo charged V12 engine unique to Rolls-Royce. The engine will be combined with an 8-speed automatic ZF gearbox. This new drive-train will significantly improve fuel and CO2 efficiency over the already class leading Phantom series of cars. Engine power will be upwards of 500bhp.

Further details about RR4 will be released over the coming months

Mike, Lovely car!! I've been looking into them since they indeed just released them with saturn badges over here in US and Canada!! But we all know they're german cars, with really good looking exteriors and also quite affordable price range. It got be thinking switch from Ford to "Opel" for my next dd/sporty ish car.

Beautiful pictures as always, and happy to see she gets a roof too!

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

thats a really cool looking little thing Mike, cant wait to see the mods. did u already get started with those Recaro seats or did those come standard with the car?

Enmanuel:

thats a really cool looking little thing Mike, cant wait to see the mods. did u already get started with those Recaro seats or did those come standard with the car?

Hi E,

The car came standard with those seats believe it or not. It's the same ones they bring the RS4 out with over here. I'm doing subtle mods - will post pics once they items arrive ;)

Atzporsche:

Mike, Lovely car!! I've been looking into them since they indeed just released them with saturn badges over here in US and Canada!! But we all know they're german cars, with really good looking exteriors and also quite affordable price range. It got be thinking switch from Ford to "Opel" for my next dd/sporty ish car.

Beautiful pictures as always, and happy to see she gets a roof too!

The build quality is suprisingly good. I'm quite happy with it thus far!

This news concerns your new car, Mike

GM May Give Away Stake in European Unit
    By: Reuters | 19 Apr 2009 | 09:11 PM ET

General Motors, could give away a controlling stake in its European unit as it decides whether to file for bankruptcy, the Financial Times newspaper reported on Monday.

Rather than seeking money for Opel/Vauxhall, the automaker would ask any buyer to pledge to invest directly in a new company formed from its European operations, the report said, citing two unnamed people familiar with the plans.

An investor will be asked to pay at least 500 million euros ($655.5 million) in equity, but GM will realize no financial gain as the money will be injected directly into Opel, the report said.

The company is also prepared to sell its Swedish brand Saab, for nothing, the report added.

No one at GM's UK unit Vauxhall could immediately be reached for comment on the report.

Hi racerx, I'm well aware of the problems they have, but it is not problems from Opel/Vauxhall's side in Europe otherwise they would not bother to try save it unless it was feasable. It is more from GM's side that has been dragging them down. I'm not concerned either way as I do not sell any of my cars anymore

i have to say i was just looking at the pics again and i really really love that steering wheel !!!

Nice car Mike. How is it driving compared to the Mini? 

Are those seats an option Mike? They look like something out of a GT3!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776761 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441531 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260825 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85104 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5506 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880538 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815669 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM