Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2009 Chinese F1 Grand Prix in Shanghai

Spyderidol:

Who is Petra?

I thought her name was Tamara!

I think Easy is confusing PETA with Tamara. Smiley

Sorry - my mistake guys - I didn't realise the photo was of Tamara Ecclestone (and not of her sister Petra) 

Tamara is just a socialite and I have little interest in people like that.

Petra, on the other hand, is smart with 3 A grades at A Level and she is the one who is making a career in fashion design.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/3364823/Petra-Ecclestone-in-pole-position.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/3365657/Petra-Ecclestone-from-party-girl-to-fashion-designer.html

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Ron Dennis quits F1:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8001425.stm

I thought that was what he has already done anyway....?

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

easy_rider911:

Sorry - my mistake guys - I didn't realise the photo was of Tamara Ecclestone (and not of her sister Petra) 

Tamara is just a socialite and I have little interest in people like that.

Petra, on the other hand, is smart with 3 A grades at A Level and she is the one who is making a career in fashion design.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/3364823/Petra-Ecclestone-in-pole-position.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/3365657/Petra-Ecclestone-from-party-girl-to-fashion-designer.html

No problem Easy!

Judging from the sisters pictures, I can see why Spanky is always hanging around.

Judging by the women on that video, I don't think Tamara is Spanky's type.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

reginos:

Judging by the women on that video, I don't think Tamara is Spanky's type.

If those cover pictures are anything to go by, I´d definately prefer Tamara over her sister. "Spanky" would probably get in trouble with Bernie if he would offer her a private sidejob.

easy_rider911:

Ron Dennis quits F1:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8001425.stm

To be honest, I do believe McLaren can much easier cope with Dennis´ retirement than Ferrari with the finishing time of their core characters.

easy_rider911:

The FIA has ruled in favour of Brawn, Williams & Toyota:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7996698.stm

I am more than glad the FIA decided this way. Whether the rules have been interpreted the right way is not important anymore. Three teams were able to pass inspection prior to this season, so it would be rather odd to reverse this decision at a later stage.

The fact that the commitment to F1 has been diminishing in recent past from various teams might have helped, I am not sure if e.g. Toyota would´ve decided to continue if such an essential element in the car´s construction had been forbidden. It is said that especially BrawnGP constructed the car around this feature. Due to this year´s testing restrictions, I´ll be curious to find out how the traditional teams are going to cope with the situation.

Yes, It will be interesting to see if FIA does'nt throw Ferrari a bone later on in the season.

Ferdie:

"Spanky" would probably get in trouble with Bernie if he would offer her a private sidejob.

Maybe not.  The Midget has a thing for Spanky

easy_rider911:
    Heist:

Someone pays you $22MM a year. Then they tell you to lie because it'll benefit the team.

What would you do? You'd lie.  He was given team orders to lie.

Not me Heist. "Ethics" - it's what anyone with a professional approach to their work should have and should implement. Smiley

Well, it's probably easy for you to say that now.

Rewind the clock to when you were 23 and maybe not as finacially well off.

You come from a middle class background, and suddenly you've got your dream job - making tens of millions overnight and your employer is where you always wanted to work.

Your employer tells you to tell this little white lie for the team ...  It's not murder. It's not rape. Just a little something that'll benefit you and the team, kid. Be a team player.

How strong do you think your moral convictions would have been? Smiley

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

Heist:
    easy_rider911:
    Heist:

Someone pays you $22MM a year. Then they tell you to lie because it'll benefit the team.

What would you do? You'd lie.  He was given team orders to lie.

Not me Heist. "Ethics" - it's what anyone with a professional approach to their work should have and should implement. Smiley

Well, it's probably easy for you to say that now.

Rewind the clock to when you were 23 and maybe not as finacially well off.

You come from a middle class background, and suddenly you've got your dream job - making tens of millions overnight and your employer is where you always wanted to work.

Your employer tells you to tell this little white lie for the team ...  It's not murder. It's not rape. Just a little something that'll benefit you and the team, kid. Be a team player.

How strong do you think your moral convictions would have been? Smiley

Just as strong as they are now, Heist.  You obviously don't have any idea what kind of person I am at all. I've lived my life since childhood guided by my principles.

IMO people don't suddenly develop greater moral convictions as they become more financially comfortable (and therefore less hungry for success). Moral convictions are usually formed during our early formative years - they become part of our identity since they help define who we are and what we stand for.

--

Friday 1st and 2nd Practice results:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/results/7920913.stm

Jenson Button still seems to have the edge... go Jenson

--

I was at the first two races of the year, and was supposed to be in Shanghai right now until my wife decided to cancel our tickets because it is just too much travelling for such a short period of time for our baby.  Fair enough.  ANyway, it's been great to see Ross doing so well, but ideally I would have liked to see Rubens on top instead of Jenson.  I think Jansen is really arrogant and I prefer the old man.  Btw, did you guys hear about the spat between Jenson and Branson over Jenson's japanese model gf?  I will try to find the article...here it is. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25326152-1243,00.html

easy_rider911:

Just as strong as they are now, Heist.  You obviously don't have any idea what kind of person I am at all. I've lived my life since childhood guided by my principles.

IMO people don't suddenly develop greater moral convictions as they become more financially comfortable (and therefore less hungry for success). Moral convictions are usually formed during our early formative years - they become part of our identity since they help define who we are and what we stand for.

Couldn' agree more, I feel the same way aplaudir.gif

How can you go at sleep at night knowing that Trulli was recieving a penalty for something you know he didn't do and you accused him of, while you walked away with his point? I put myself in his shoes and I couldn't, I don't care if it was Ron Dennis himself asking me to do that, and if Hamilton was the same way they wouldn't even dared asking hin the first place.

And being the star driver of the team with the authority he has in McLaren you can't say that you couln'd say no to an employye who told him to publicly lie to the FIA even if its just so as not risk his carreer for one point, let alone the moral impliocations. Obviously the McLaren leadership did not condone that behaviour and fired the employee, so Hamilton could not claim that he was forced to do it or else since all he had to do is go to the superiors which would have supported him, and even if they didn't they had no way of forcing him to do such a thing.

--

WAY:

I was at the first two races of the year, and was supposed to be in Shanghai right now until my wife decided to cancel our tickets because it is just too much travelling for such a short period of time for our baby.  Fair enough.  ANyway, it's been great to see Ross doing so well, but ideally I would have liked to see Rubens on top instead of Jenson.  I think Jansen is really arrogant and I prefer the old man.  Btw, did you guys hear about the spat between Jenson and Branson over Jenson's japanese model gf?  I will try to find the article...here it is. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25326152-1243,00.html

@WAY: I think your view about Jenson being "arrogant" is way off the mark. So much so, it makes me wonder what your opinion could possibly be based upon. Smiley

In all the years I have been following Jenson's career, he has struck me as being pretty straightforward and down to earth - certainly not like Lewis Hamilton or Michael Schumacher who, whilst hugely talented as drivers, are also very full of themselves.

If anything, Jenson has been enduring years of frustration whilst stuck in uncompetitive cars with BAR & Honda. He knows what it's like to be struggling to remain in F1 - people who have been through that kind of experience don't suddenly forget the tough times they went through and let it go to their head.

As I've gone through life, I've realised that watching/listening to interviews and making up my own mind has proven to be a much more reliable means of assessing someone's character than basing my view upon the often inaccurate views of others.

As for the Branson/Button story, if there is any truth in it (which is far from certain - given that it is from an unnamed "source" who presumably  sold his/her story), it seems to be no more than a bust up after both of them had simply had too much to drink. Even the "source" says that "... but things were fine by the next day...". How "serious" could that have been then? Smiley It's just tittle tattle...Branson has been married for over 2 decades and has grown up kids. The whole thing is pretty laughable. Smiley

--

I may be wrong about Jenson, but I met him once as a VIP at the Australian GP and the way he treated us was as if we were nobodies.  Doesn't matter whether I am just a guy off the street or a VIP at the Paddock Club, that is no way to treat a person.  He left a very bad impression on our group (which btw consist of some people who could afford individually buy his whole team, and I am not talking about the 1 pound that Ross paid either!) and I have never thought highly of him since.  Hey maybe he was having a bad day but to me it was no excuse.

The Jensen/Branson story is true.  It happened at Nobu restaurant just next door to me and I am a regular there.  I won't name names, but one of the more senior staff working there who knows me because I am a regular confirmed that it happened and he was working that night.  But to be honest, I am on Jenson's side on this one.  If some middle-aged billionaire hits on my SUPER HOT gf, I would be a bit annoyed and defensive too!  Oh ya, maybe I am just jealous of his ability to attract such a good looking girl.

@WAY: no disrespect intended BUT, you know what, as far as F1 drivers are concerned, to them VIP guests ARE nobodies  

Of course, I agree with you that he should have been polite and courteous at all times no matter who you are (a VIP guest or a man in the street) BUT these guys aren't always perfect ambassadors off the track especially when you consider the sheer amount of corporate cr*p F1 drivers today have to go through just to keep sponsors happy, meeting assorted people at VIP events etc. Maybe he had just had a fight with his girlfriend, maybe he had a stomach upset - I don't know why his behaviour fell short of the standards you would expect...

Also, while I really like Sir Richard Branson a lot and I have huge respect for what he has achieved in his life, like you, I think I would react exactly the same way as Jenson did if some old billionaire ever approached my wife. Fortunately for me, my wife would tell him where to go

--

IMO this Branson-Button-Jessica triangle is a load of rubbish steered by the Press.

Button is the new star (at least for now), so they must come up with something juicy. Last year no one bothered with whom he was or he wasn't seeing.

--

easy_rider911:

@WAY: no disrespect intended BUT, you know what, as far as F1 drivers are concerned, to them VIP guests ARE nobodies  

Everyone is a nobody, just about. Most here would not even recognize most retired F1 drivers in street clothes.  People should treat everyone they meet with the same amount of respect until they give a reason to lose that respect.

Easy was on to somethiing with Petra.

petra-tamara-ecclestone.jpg

Racerx, that is exactly what I meant. None of us were anyone recognizable to the public. What Meant was that jenson treated us like how a prima dona rockstar may treat her fans. But maybe Easy was right, maybe he had a bad day. Still, I would never treat people like crap no matter who they are. Anyway, back to the race, I think it's going to be a brawn show again tomorrow as the top three cars are pretty light.

Three Renault engines at the three top spots 

As WAY said, the top three are running very light on fuel:

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 644kg
    2. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 637
    3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 646.5
    4. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 661 
    5. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 659
    6. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 664.5
    7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 650.5
    8. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 673.5
    9. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 679
    10. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 673
    11. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 679
    12. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 697
    13. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 690
    14. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 682.7 
    15. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 690
    16. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 697.9
    17. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 659 
    18. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 648
    19. Timo Glock, Toyota, 652
    20. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 679.5

--

Nelsinho Piquet is carrying 60.9 kg more weight than Fernando Alonso. That's some difference! Nearly 10% more...

--

Vettel has driven superbly so far. Another race heavily affected by the elements.....

--

WELL DONE RED BULL!! Fabulous driving in the extremely difficult wet conditions today from both Red Bull Renault and Brawn Mercedes drivers. Vettel proved his talent today.

Still no points for Ferrari. Only one point for the Ferrari engine scored by Toro Rosso Ferrari.... morale at Ferrari must be really low now.

Well done also to Buemi. How much longer will Toro Rosso keep Bourdais who is being comprehensively outdriven by his rookie team-mate?

What a pity Sutil crashed out shortly before the end of the race. I think he really deserved some points when he was running 6th.

I really think we will see a sudden sacking of Nelsinho Piquet soon. How much longer will Briatore keep a guy who is so obviously totally out of his depth in F1?

--

BMW Sauber has been underperforming badly whilst Williams has been too inconsistent - sometimes as quick as Brawn & Toyota but too often not finishing in the points. Rosberg's use of intermediate tyres was a tactical gamble that didn't work...

--

Vettel is the new authentic talent in F1. Monza last year wasn't a fluke. The new Schumacher?

Well, I am extremely happy with Ferrari's lack of performance this year. Back to the real world for them. How much longer could they score with the helping hand of FIA? The Scuderia Ferrari hype is over (for now at least) after many years of perpetuating this myth.

McLaren improving but behind still. Hamilton is a fighter though.

Bourdais was a multiple champion in the USA!! It proves how easy things are over there!! Remember Zanardi and Montoya?

Renault are far behind, even Alonso cannot do much, so Nelsihno is a cheap solution for a hopeless team.

Rosberg? Too much promise in qualifying but his races disintegrate.

--

I enjoyed watching the race tremendously today.  Webber could have challenged Vettel had he not been dicing with Button and losing so much time.  It's a shame, I really want to see those two race as I think Webber will try to prove that he is the team leader and we all know how good young Vettel is.

Today's race was totally spoiled by too much rain and too much safety car...

Vettel is a future champion without doubt.  Webber is a has-been who, unfortunately, hasn't been anywhere....

--
    "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761072 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434594 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260116 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257255 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80810 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871485 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806714 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM