Crown

Forum - Thread

i spec'd my car today

so i spec'd out the car today, early august delivery.
    would wait about an extra year if i wanted riviera, and might risk not even getting the car since not enough allocations...
    i know most might think alot of these options are not what a gt3 is meant for but this will be my daily driver. might have a day or so to make changes.

carrara white
    black full leather
    crest in headrest
    headlight cleaner cover painted
    sound package plus
    dynamic cornering lights
    bluetooth phone interface
    floor mats
    universal audio interface
    gaurds red seat belts
    self dim mirror and rain sensor
    pcm with navi
    sport chrono package plus
    6 disc cd/dvd

main options were full leather and navi, total options around 12K. so i think i kept it pretty low and mainly daily driver stuff...

--
    05 997S

Re: i spec'd my car today

Many congrats,,options are a rip off but you kept it sensible..I love the white....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Congratulations, Raffi.  Beautiful car! I would likely order a very similar spec., but would also consider an upgrade on the seats, although I have personally only tried the std. seats, which I have on my '08 C4S, and the Sport seats.  Others on the Forum will have more knowledgeable advice on this. Look forward to seeing some pictures in August!

Sounds like a great car! GT3 in white is phenomenal!

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Sounds like a good spec for a daily driver... What about the front axle lifting option ? I will order this as the roads are crap in the UK !!!

I have my deposit down but have told the dealer i don't want the car until next year (Spring). My current 997.2 C2S is still new and i want to enjoy that a little longer. I might change my order to an RS as i like the look of that car.

What seats did you go for ? 

Dynamic headlights are an interesting option. I have them on my current car. I doubt i would order them again as i don't think the benefit is that god when the car already has Xenon lights which light up the road fine IMO...

I cannot make my mind up between white and red ( but i suspect the RS will launch with interesting colours)

At the end of this month the car is due to be offered to the press for road tests so it will be interesting to read about it then. 

Congratulations !!!! , white would also be my choice without a doubt !!!

The options are reasonable, but from my point of view, if the car is going to be a daily driver, may be you should consider what cdixon said, order the front axle lifting option.

To compensate that cost for that expensive option, I would delete the following options you went for:

- Black full leather..........and ¨ just ¨ have the alcantara/leather sport adaptive seats that are stock !!!, I prefer alcantara rather than full leather. The seats will suffer less and they will look much much better in some thousands of kms than with leather...that is already a fact.....

-Sound package plus, well this is an option that is difficult to delete if the car is going to be a daily driver, but will finally delete it, because what you are going to listen the most is the engine, plus the stock sound system is not that bad at all, just regulate the bass and fader and you are done .....and you will save some bucks !

-6 disc/dvd option.....In my honest opinion, this is a¨ stupid option¨ , and just adds some ¨ weight  ¨ to the car (lol, just kidding), but seriously is an option, you won't use at all, because first you have already ordered the universal audio interface, and second because its always too boring loading and ejecting cd's every time.

EDIT:- I forgot about deleting the dynamic headlights option, its great for a sedan or SUV, but not for a gt3, I dont think its going to make a big difference vs the xenon lights...and you save $.

Like I said this is only my opinion, and by no means I am trying to criticise your spec's, in fact it is very well optioned, but may be my opinion can help you to have a clear decision...And also the main reason of deleting those options is to save some money in order to order the front axle lifting option.

What about painting the wheels in gunmetal?, may be that is too much for daily driving, but they look amazing in the gt3.

Anyways, you are getting the best sportscar in the market, so there is no bad choice at all !!!!

--

Alex18_996CC:

Congratulations !!!! , white would also be my choice without a doubt !!!

The options are reasonable, but from my point of view, if the car is going to be a daily driver, may be you should consider what cdixon said, order the front axle lifting option.

To compensate that cost for that expensive option, I would delete the following options you went for:

- Black full leather..........and ¨ just ¨ have the alcantara/leather sport adaptive seats that are stock !!!, I prefer alcantara rather than full leather. The seats will suffer less and they will look much much better in some thousands of kms than with leather...that is already a fact.....

-Sound package plus, well this is an option that is difficult to delete if the car is going to be a daily driver, but will finally delete it, because what you are going to listen the most is the engine, plus the stock sound system is not that bad at all, just regulate the bass and fader and you are done .....and you will save some bucks !

-6 disc/dvd option.....In my honest opinion, this is a¨ stupid option¨ , and just adds some ¨ weight  ¨ to the car (lol, just kidding), but seriously is an option, you won't use at all, because first you have already ordered the universal audio interface, and second because its always too boring loading and ejecting cd's every time.

Like I said this is only my opinion, and by no means I am trying to criticise your spec's, in fact it is very well optioned, but may be my opinion can help you to have a clear decision...And also the main reason of deleting those options is to save some money in order to order the front axle lifting option.

What about painting the wheels in gunmetal?, may be that is too much for daily driving, but they look amazing in the gt3.

Anyways, you are getting the best sportscar in the market, so there is no bad choice at all !!!!

Some good points mate...

Not sure if it is the same in the States but in the UK you cannot get the PCM without the sound pack. I agree on the CD changer as i also have this in my Carrera with PCM3.0 and confirm it is a waste of time when you have the iPOD adapter.. Also i am not convinced it will be the most reliable of options, and is a pain in the arse to load and eject CDs.

With regards leather i am going to spec leather for the dashboard top, but keep Alcantara/Leather on the seats... I pushed for this on my Carrera but you cannot get Alcantara seats on a Carrera (even though Porsche marketing of the 'Exclusive' program says anything is possible !!!).

Lastly i also noticed you added in the sports chrono option. I have this in my Carrera and it makes sense for that magic sports button ! however in a GT3 don't you get the sports button without sports chrono ? 

My comments below:

carrara white - I love it!
    black full leather - WHY? It's a GT3! Alcantara IS better for such a car!
    crest in headrest - Smiley
    headlight cleaner cover painted - Smiley whatever...
    sound package plus - ok
    dynamic cornering lights - ok
    bluetooth phone interface - ok
    floor mats - ok
    universal audio interface - ok
    gaurds red seat belts - whatever...
    self dim mirror and rain sensor - ok
    pcm with navi - WHY in a GT3?
    sport chrono package plus - WHY in a GT3?
    6 disc cd/dvd - WHY in a GT3?

Looks like a daily driver. Add the lift system. Worth's the wait. Otherwise you will scratch each speed bump... eventually you will get annoyed...

PS In the end, it's your car man Smiley enjoy it! Smiley

--
    There is no try. Just do.

I wouldn't specify a leather covered dashboard in any sports Porsche, especially a GT3.

The normal synthetic dashboard is of excellent quality and its grain looks very nice and sporty and suited to the standard Alcantara bits.  Save the cost of full leather (it's not an Aston Martin or Bentley) and get sports extras like the adaptive engine mounts or practical things like the nose lift.

Dynamic lights are very usefull if you drive often on twisty roads with frequent bends (and at night ). Otherwise their functionality is marginal, unless you prefer their look.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

hey guys thanks so much for the great advice. i have the leatherette on my current 997 and cant believe how cheap it looks/feels. i swore i would get full leather if i ever had the chance. I love the alcantara too and as far as I know it is standard and untouched when you order full leather. the leather only replaces the sections that would otherwise be leatherette. so the alcantara will remain and i will have leather on dash, doors and leatherette seat sections. i saw the dynamic lights in person and ordered them just cause they looked different and newer than the current lights, maybe i will regret later but its only $700us.

regarding the other options, navi sound etc. i know its a gt3 but it will hardly ever see the track and weight savings is not a concern. i need to enjoy it as a daily driver. my current 997 has the afterhours mufflers (similar to bypass) and if i didnt have the bose sound i would have the worst headache since it gets loud at certain times... haha

lift system or dynamic engine mounts were not an option for me since they will not be available for another few months. same with the paint to sample option.

--
    05 997S

Get the leather dash, much nicer...

oh yeah, i also cant stand the chrome headlight washer. i think the painted option is a must. the wheels are listed as silver but it actually looks gunmetal or at least darker than the silver on previous years. anyway my only other wheel option is gloss black or exterior color but then the inner barrel would be left silver and i would much rather paint myself exactly the way i want

--
    05 997S

raffi:

hey guys thanks so much for the great advice. i have the leatherette on my current 997 and cant believe how cheap it looks/feels. i swore i would get full leather if i ever had the chance. I love the alcantara too and as far as I know it is standard and untouched when you order full leather. the leather only replaces the sections that would otherwise be leatherette. so the alcantara will remain and i will have leather on dash, doors and leatherette seat sections. i saw the dynamic lights in person and ordered them just cause they looked different and newer than the current lights, maybe i will regret later but its only $700us.

Did not understand this was the leather option you were after from your original post. I think leather replacing the leatherette is the way to go. I will spec it on mine regardless of if i go for GT3 or RS. If you look at the picture of the dashboard from the german brochure posting i think it looks spot on with alcantara on the underside of the dash and leather on the top section.

plus you get the extra stitching on the dash and doors with the full leather

--
    05 997S

I would order the leather option as well since I agree that the leatherette option, albeit comparatively good, is no match in terms of surface feel and appearance. I do not see the problem with ordering PCM on such a car, especially if it is used regularly on the street.

I have mixed feelings about the crests in headrests and sport chrono watch and would definately skip the CD/DVD-changer. After all, it´s the minor options that are of individual choice.

Regarding the rims, I understood that they are regularly painted in a titanium / gunmetal finish and offered in silver as a no-cost option.

Decent spec, enjoy the wait!

Giving some thought about the spec for mine (assuming i stick with the GT3 order) and i have come up with the following:-

Exterior Color

Carrara White

B4

Interior Color

leather interior black, seats leather/Alcantara GT3

Exterior

Headlamp cleaning system cover painted

XUB

Fuel tank 90 l

Transmission / Chassis

Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)

Dynamic Engine Mount

Lifting system front axle

Wheels

19-inch GT3 wheel with center lock

Interior

Belt outlet B-pillars painted

XDR

Decorative trim on gear lever painted

XDJ

Seat belts in Guards Red

XSX

Cruise control

Sports bucket seats

P03

Interior Leather

Porsche crest embossed on head restraints

XSC

Additional interior package leather

EAF

Alcantara interior

Sun visors Alcantara

CYW

Audio / Comm.

Telephone module

Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including Sound Package Plus and Navigation Module

P23

Universal audio interface

Sound Package Plus

cdixon:

Giving some thought about the spec for mine (assuming i stick with the GT3 order) and i have come up with the following:-

Exterior Color

Carrara White

B4

Interior Color

Exterior

XUB

Fuel tank 90 l

Transmission / Chassis

Dynamic Engine Mount

Wheels

Interior

XDR

XDJ

Seat belts in Guards Red

XSX

Cruise control

Sports bucket seats

P03

Interior Leather

XSC

EAF

Alcantara interior

Sun visors Alcantara

CYW

Audio / Comm.

Telephone module

Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including Sound Package Plus and Navigation Module

P23

Sound Package Plus

Why 90L tank for a sports car?Smiley

it's a long drive from the UK to the RIng 

^So the 90L is also ok for RHD car?

Ferdie:

I would order the leather option as well since I agree that the leatherette option, albeit comparatively good, is no match in terms of surface feel and appearance. I do not see the problem with ordering PCM on such a car, especially if it is used regularly on the street.

I have mixed feelings about the crests in headrests and sport chrono watch and would definately skip the CD/DVD-changer. After all, it´s the minor options that are of individual choice.

Regarding the rims, I understood that they are regularly painted in a titanium / gunmetal finish and offered in silver as a no-cost option.

thanks for that info on the silver wheel option. i am pretty sure i remember the salesperson clicking for the silver option because i told him i dont want black wheels. but i didnt know it changes to silver from the standard gunmetal.

can anyone else verify if this is true. I will call my salesperson to make sure i get the gunmetal option.

so what does the sport chrono offer on the gt3 besides the watch? maybe i should cancel that too since i would prefer to have a simpler dash without the wart

--
    05 997S

cdixon:

it's a long drive from the UK to the RIng 

Smileypost of the week !!!!! hahahahaSmiley

--

Turbo4ever:
    cdixon:

Exterior Color

Carrara White

B4

Interior Color

Exterior

XUB

Fuel tank 90 l

Transmission / Chassis

Dynamic Engine Mount

Wheels

Interior

XDR

XDJ

Seat belts in Guards Red

XSX

Cruise control

Sports bucket seats

P03

Interior Leather

XSC

EAF

Alcantara interior

Sun visors Alcantara

CYW

Audio / Comm.

Telephone module

P23

Sound Package Plus

that is one hell of a GT3 Smiley

Why don't wait a little bit more for the RS, with all those options, you are in the RS price territory if not higher !!!

--

raffi:
    Ferdie:

thanks for that info on the silver wheel option. i am pretty sure i remember the salesperson clicking for the silver option because i told him i dont want black wheels. but i didnt know it changes to silver from the standard gunmetal.

can anyone else verify if this is true. I will call my salesperson to make sure i get the gunmetal option.

so what does the sport chrono offer on the gt3 besides the watch? maybe i should cancel that too since i would prefer to have a simpler dash without the wart

The standard wheels are titanium colour. Silver wheels are a No Cost Option.

On the GT3 there is no Sport Chrono option. The option is Chrono Package or Chrono Package Plus. In other words the mapping doesn't change like on the other models. What you get is timing through the clock and digital display.  If you have PCM (the Plus option) then there is graphic display of laps, laptimes etc which you can save and  also download if you get the USB interface (870 above) option.

--

thanks guys you are the best. i just confirmed that we left the wheels in the standard titanium color.

--
    05 997S

Turbo4ever:

^So the 90L is also ok for RHD car?

Interesting point and it raised my eyebrow when i read it ! It appears in the UK version of the brochure (see my addition to the german brochure posting on this site)

Alex18_996CC:
    Turbo4ever:
    cdixon:

Exterior Color

Carrara White

B4

Interior Color

Exterior

XUB

Fuel tank 90 l

Transmission / Chassis

Dynamic Engine Mount

Wheels

Interior

XDR

XDJ

Seat belts in Guards Red

XSX

Cruise control

Sports bucket seats

P03

Interior Leather

XSC

EAF

Alcantara interior

Sun visors Alcantara

CYW

Audio / Comm.

Telephone module

P23

Sound Package Plus

that is one hell of a GT3 Smiley

Why don't wait a little bit more for the RS, with all those options, you are in the RS price territory if not higher !!!

That is why i might sit back and wait,, however an RS with a few toys will easy add £12k onto its base price.

The one thing i can't make my mind up on is the PCCB, as the new standard brakes look the business.... But i still keep thinking about PCCB as this next car will be a keeper !!!!! 

Then get an RS version as ¨ basic ¨ as possible !!!...if you just want to wait another pair of months (that is the only downside, as you will imagine )

Seriously, if I was going to spec a gt3 with all that list of options, I would delete that from my mind and order an RS bone stock, not a single option at all....specially if the car is going to be a weekend car type of, as its quite rare to see someone driving a gt3 as a daily driver.

If this helps:

but,  may be I am the only one that thinks like this (I hope not), but talking from a psychic point of view (), the more you option a car, the more garage queen could possibly be. The more basic the car is optioned, the more you will drive it without looking back at how many kms you are doing.... Also the reason I prefer ordering a car nearly stock, is because the more you specc a car, the more you will loose when re-selling it.

--

one last question cause i asked my salesman and he said that as far as he can tell, there is no way to delete the wart from the dash.

if i do not get the sports chrono plus option, does this mean i do not have the wart (chrono timer on dash)?

--
    05 997S

raffi:

one last question cause i asked my salesman and he said that as far as he can tell, there is no way to delete the wart from the dash.

if i do not get the sports chrono plus option, does this mean i do not have the wart (chrono timer on dash)?

raffi, it is not a sport chrono plus but a chrono plus. If you don't specify, no stopwatch on the dash. If you specify nothing to do with engine (like on your current car) but you get a timing/ recording facility with save and download possibility. Your choice!

--

thanks again reginos, i remember this about the mk1 but wasnt sure until you pointed it out again. salesman cancelled that option. it will be great to not have that thing on the dash...

--
    05 997S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776694 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441509 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262673 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260810 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85083 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5497 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880520 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815648 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM