Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Nissan V-Spec slower than standard GTR...

eclou:

The GTR is like an inkjet printer - the printer itself is cheap but the ink is where all the money is made!

Funny, that is exactly the analogy that came to my mind too when I read it, just like inkjet printers Smiley

--

Carlos from Spain:
    eclou:

The GTR is like an inkjet printer - the printer itself is cheap but the ink is where all the money is made!

Funny, that is exactly the analogy that came to my mind too when I read it, just like inkjet printers Smiley

That's why I just sold my GT-R right after 10000KM.

GT-R is fast but too heavy and the Spec-V is just overpriced.

I am back to my Lotus while waiting for my new GT3 RS.Smiley

Now that I don't think you will want to sell after 10k! congrats

--

--

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?s=5f8745a64b39e0be9d9695335c530f59&showtopic=29813

Just in case you need more GTR lap time discussions; this time with a new twist.

--

In latest issue of Auto Bild Sportscar Edition Sascha Bert drove Audi R8 5.2 FSI, Nissan GT-R and 997 Turbo on wet Hockenheim GP track.

Outcome? GT-R with Dunlops only 0.35s faster then R8 5.2 FSI(normal P Zero), 997 Turbo over 2s slower.

Acceleration wise? On wet track again 0-200km/h:

R8 5.2 FSI 13.4s

997 Turbo 13.3s

GT-R 13.8s

AUM:

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?s=5f8745a64b39e0be9d9695335c530f59&showtopic=29813

Just in case you need more GTR lap time discussions; this time with a new twist.

You can't even get a dyno test of the GT-R without someone saying the dyno is flawed if it comes in over the 480HP they claim it has. How long until the Sport Auto test so we can put this to bed?

KresoF1:

In latest issue of Auto Bild Sportscar Edition Sascha Bert drove Audi R8 5.2 FSI, Nissan GT-R and 997 Turbo on wet Hockenheim GP track.

Outcome? GT-R with Dunlops only 0.35s faster then R8 5.2 FSI(normal P Zero), 997 Turbo over 2s slower.

Acceleration wise? On wet track again 0-200km/h:

R8 5.2 FSI 13.4s

997 Turbo 13.3s

GT-R 13.8s

Still nothing beats GT-R

Heavy,slow in drag race,but always faster on track.incredible.

Did you read my post? It was on WET Hockenheim GP Kurs. Since GT-R was on Dunlops outcome on dry track will be very different...

--

KresoF1:

Did you read my post? It was on WET Hockenheim GP Kurs. Since GT-R was on Dunlops outcome on dry track will be very different...

I did.But ,considering the weight and howpower differences,it's still incredible.

Besides,do you think that the normal P0 is faster than those Dunlops on dry track?

Somesay,the OEM Dunlop and Bridestone is gripper(and will wear out more quickly )than people think.

Imo,The Dunlops are better than P0 and PS2.(but not as grippy as Pilot Sport Cup on GT2 and 3 ,or P0 Corsa),

It appears that a new record has been set for the GT-R (non V-spec) but using the V-spec Rays wheels...

http://www.ausmotive.com/

16/04/2009 - New Nurburgring record

Wednesday 15 April 2009 and the new Nissan GT-R beats it's record for the Nurburgring Nordschleife with a new time of 7:27.56

The car used was a standard European spec car running standard tyres.  The new time was achieved at the end of a long day of testing and the start was delayed by an accident.  As well as Nissan present representatives of other car manufacturers were also there to witness the time and also the specification of the car used.  Nobody from one of the German based manufacturers was available for comment!

--

And there is already controversy for using the V-Spec wheels. Hopefully today's NBR tests will be on a completely standard Euro spec car with proper independent verification.

Nissan is under the microscope now and needs to put the GTR time beyond doubt.

--

So Porsche was actually there?  This will be the funniest thing if turns out that there is no foul play by Nissan.  Lots of people here will be eating their words.

No foul play?

Explain how the V Spec GTR in only 1.5 s faster than than last year's regular GTR...

Actually that is the regular GTR that broke the record again...it was using the V-Specs lighter wheels but that is all...

Things are getting more interesting

We'll see the results soon

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

There is no official Nissan time for the V-spec yet. This should come soon and may not be much faster than the standard GTR. The V-Spec is designed to be much more durable for multi-lap race events than the standard GTR, but not much faster for one lap.

--

WAY:

So Porsche was actually there?  This will be the funniest thing if turns out that there is no foul play by Nissan.  Lots of people here will be eating their words.

Apparently the delay in starting their final timed runs was due to an earlier "incident" we believe involving a Porsche.

--

...although the GTR that is going to enter FIA GT1 next year will not have the same engine and nor will it be 4 wheel drive.

They will use the VK56DE engine used in several Nissan 4x4 vehicles.Smiley

Whatever the exact Ring time of the GTR its superlative performance is beyond doubt. In the coming weeks we will see GTRs consistently beating 911s of all flavours at the Ring (for 20-30 minute sessions). I am an experienced amateur tracker with lots of 911 seat time. After driving the GTR on a track, I know I would not be as fast in any 911, even a GT2. Only professional drivers in a GT2 would be as quick or quicker than a GTR in the hands of a skilled amateur. Nissan has upset the status quo at the Ring and Europe is playing catch up. But I still like the new GT3 much more than the GTR, even if the Nissan is quicker at the track.
    --

Is it possible Porsche has been holding back 997TT performance to protect the GT3 and GT2 market?

If the AWD 997TT outperformed the GTx variants, imagine the mess...

www.worldcarfans.com/9090416.003/nissan-gt-r-beats-old-nrburgring-time

www.gtrblog.com/2009/04/16/nissan-gt-r-nurburgring-7-27/

Whenever a vehicle has so much hype around it as the new Nissan GT-R, people always get skeptical about its capabilities. Nissan, clearly understanding this principle, held almost nothing back in building their latest sportscar.

We all remember its astonishing 7m 29s run around the 'Ring, which beat out the Porsche 911 GT2 by several seconds. Porsche tried to defend their honor by calling "shenanigans," which Nissan defended by releasing video of the run and allowing anybody to inspect the car used for excess tuning or non-stock parts.

Nissan decided to put their slightly updated 2010MY GT-R to the test. The new model brings five more horsepower to the table for 485hp plus modified launch control, retuned gearbox, slightly larger fuel tank, better fuel economy, retuned suspension, and sticky tires. Before its run on the Nurburgring, they also added the optionally available Rays forged alloys.

With former F1 stand-in driver Toshio Suzuki behind the wheel, the 2010 GT-R posted a time of 7 minutes 27.56 seconds, beating last year's model by 1.5 seconds, and increasing its dominance over the 911 GT2.

Wow. Just wow.

Despite the time, the manufacturer claimed that "although dry, the track surface grip was impaired by dust and sand." So, Nissan wants another shot. They're gunning for the time GM posted on their 2009 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1. Nissan will take the GT-R back to circuit in the hopes of beating the 'Vette's time of 7:26.4.

Source: Nissan
    Press Release (Click to expand)

Nissan GT-R Snares New Nurburgring Record

The all-conquering Nissan GT-R supercar has set another lap record at the famous Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany.

A Japanese specification GT-R, running on Dunlop tyres with RAYS forged alloy wheels (V-spec equipment) recorded a blistering 7min 27.56 secs yesterday.

Driven by Nissan's Chief test driver Toshio Suzuki (who recently demonstrated the GT-R to the Australian media in Sydney at Eastern Creek Raceway) piloted the performance coupe.

Although dry, the track surface grip was impaired by dust and sand. Under the direction of Nissan GT-R Chief Vehicle Engineer, Kazutoshi Mizuno, and depending on conditions, the Nissan test team will attempt another record at the 'Ring tomorrow.

The assault on the Nurburgring for 2009 has begun as promised. After just a few testing days Nissan Chief Test Driver Toshio Suzuki-san has managed to beat his previous best of 7:29 in a base model series II Nissan GT-R with a 7:27.56 lap. The car was standard except for being fitted with optional Nismo ClubSport package Rays 20″ forged aluminium wheels. Dunlop tires were fitted to the Rays wheels.

The laptime was set at 6.52pm on the 15th of April. Ambient temperature was 21 degrees C, track temp was 26 degrees and relative humidity was 25%. They’re back out again today trying to go faster again.

As promised, to keep everything above board, members of the press were in attendance as well as representatives from Porsche Stuttgart.

Why exactly they’re using this combination of wheels and tires we will hope to find out soon. We’re also chasing up some further imagery to show you.

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Incredible car and very healthy opposition for the so called big nobs..It does not matter that its just a Nissan or for that matter even if it were a Kia , it just shows what can be achieved..May the upsetting havoc continue...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

So by tweaking the launch control they shaved off another 2sec ?

--

I think the much lighter Rays wheels will easily have accounted for the 2s difference.

The ultimate in bench racing: Statistical Analysis.

http://www.gtrcenter.net/

--

WAY:

I think the much lighter Rays wheels will easily have accounted for the 2s difference.

Nissan will be selling a lot of those wheels.

BTW it is raining in the Eifel and testing is cancelled UFN..

--

Interesting strategy of Nissan...

If we stick to what independant sources have achieved with the GTR the now claimed lap time can only be explained by either (or both) of two reasons:

- the tested car is not standard (even quite heavily modified)

- the driver is very fast.

Why? Simple answer:

- DR is 7s slower in the GTR as in the GT2 and writes that the GT2 would be even faster if driven by a better driver than CH.

- SportAuto did a 7.50 (partly wet track, though) in an earlier GTR test car

- SportAuto confirmed 7.33 for GT2.

Interestingly, these are all independant test results of the GTR we have to date. All three data points match. What does not match (at all) are the Nissan claims.

Thus, I stick to my well known believe: this is marketingt BS. The simplest way to really prove the performance of the GTR would be to eventually give a test car to SportAuto.

I do not believe in these OEM claims at all.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776736 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441521 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262683 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85097 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5500 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880529 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815663 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM