Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: GT3 Tour and Tune Motor Trip

Not only Oakley Design and Manthey Racing do they design/engineer high quality exhaust systems. Notorious from their triumphant superbike championships and everyday motorcycles pieces, Akrapovic is getting in the play with this best-of-breed racing system in Titanium directly from the 997.1 GT3 Sports Cup.

Does anyone here have already had this installed

--

------- MY07 997.1 GT3 White, CS, PCCB, Full Leather/Alcantara in Black

------- MY07 997C2S --GONE

function_analysi:

Not only Oakley Design and Manthey Racing do they design/engineer high quality exhaust systems. Notorious from their triumphant superbike championships and everyday motorcycles pieces, Akrapovic is getting in the play with this best-of-breed racing system in Titanium directly from the 997.1 GT3 Sports Cup.

Does anyone here have already had this installed

1239135877105Flyer-Porsche_Page_2.jpg

--

1239135923082Flyer-Porsche_Page_3.jpg

--

1239135969866Flyer-Porsche_Page_4.jpg

--

Flyer-Porsche_Page_6.jpg

--

Flyer-Porsche_Page_8.jpg

--

function_analysi:
    Porsche-Jeck:

[...]
    Which trackday in July do you have in mind Smiley Would be great to meet you at the 'Ring Smiley

[...]
    Frankly speaking, the trackday in July still remains to be confirmed let alone it still remains a conceptual prolusion.  Aviator Costas and I have to discuss it in depth Smiley

All Rennteamers will be notified well in advance, this only is for sure Smiley

On my part, a Nurburging track day is way up in the list of things I would rather do on any given day this July. Smiley So, count on both George and me to try our best to make the trip. There should be plenty of time to reconcile everyone's schedule and arrange a get-together. George and I will discuss it this weekend and get back to you, PJ, and to everyone who could join us in July.

I have never been to the Ring actually. So, I don't know which is best: Drive my car, or rent something there? George's GT3 is not something you can easily rent, so it is worth taking, but my boxster S has plenty of "rentable" equivalents I would assume? (although not with my wonderful M030 suspension and GT3 seats Smiley).

--
    Costas

Costas, you may want to check the following websites for a 'Ringtool loaner Smiley

http://www.rent-racecar.de/gb/

http://www.rent4ring.de/index.php?id=8&L=1

http://www.hausmarvin.de/en/rent2drive/preise.php

http://rsrnurburg.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=5&Itemid=28

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

I have to admit that the RSR design tips for the exhaust look much better than the straight OEM look... will make you stand out from the GT3 crowd

--
    Off enjoying my car...

TEE:

I have to admit that the RSR design tips for the exhaust look much better than the straight OEM look... will make you stand out from the GT3 crowd

TEE, Which of two you like most...OD's or Akrapovic'sSmiley

--

PJ, those links are invaluable! Thanks very much indeed! Smiley

I especially like the open approach of rsrnurburg.com in their Frequently Asked Questions section.

Hopefully we will see you there in July.

--
    Costas

Porsche-Jeck:

Costas, you may want to check the following websites for a 'Ringtool loaner Smiley

http://www.rent-racecar.de/gb/

http://www.rent4ring.de/index.php?id=8&L=1

http://www.hausmarvin.de/en/rent2drive/preise.php

http://rsrnurburg.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=5&Itemid=28

P-J, you made my day...NoS in a loaner of this caliber is the way to go...THX for your contribution Smiley

--

URGENT - George, French fishermen are blockading various French ports over fishing quotas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7998795.stm

Thank goodness you are not travelling by ferry - which is delayed as a result - BUT you should expect that there may be additional traffic on the motorways leading to/from Eurotunnel in France and Kent...

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Function_analysi, ithink i've seen your car today at my P dealer in Lausanne. Could it be? If yes, you must have seen mine park in this ugly Garage.

My car was waiting to get the racing stickers and then get charged on a truck to go to Hockenheim.

--

Cayenne Turbo - Mini Cooper S - 997 GT3

How nice - this evening my wife and I will have the pleasure of having dinner with George, his wife and daughter and Costas and his wife at Patara Thai Restaurant. Looking forward to it

http://www.pataralondon.com/

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Allow me to speak for the four of us and say what a great pleasure it has been, indeed! :-)

--
    Costas

@Costas/George: I'm really pleased that you all had a good time Great company, delicious food - my wife and I really enjoyed it too

Costas, please text me your mobile number - hopefully, we can arrange something for Sunday evening

--

function_analysi:

Two pictures I made at last year´s Motorshow:

DSCN0883.jpgDSCN0884.jpg

On Friday evening, George (function_analysi) took me for a long drive in his 997.1 GT3. OMG!!  WHAT A CAR!!

Carrara White with black GT3 wheels, PCCBs, Carrera GT lightweight bucket seats, rollcage, side skirt GT3 stickers, red seat belts... this was one serious piece of machinery 

George got plenty of admiring thumbs up and compliments. It's not a subtle car - it attracts plenty of attention - and for good reason!

From his hotel, we drove along the Embankment to the Houses of Parliament, from Parliament Square via The Mall past Buckingham Palace, via Hyde Park Corner and Park Lane onto the A40 heading west past Hangar Lane Gyratory system towards Heathrow Airport.

I don't want to steal George's thunder - no doubt he will post a much, much more detailed report on his trip, the aftermarket installations on his car and his impressions plus, naturally, plenty of photos... 

His car feels alive. It has an abundance of character. The new aftermarket exhaust that George has had installed created a wall of sound making the car sound and feel like a racing car for the road. It was a 'full on' aural experience that was overwhelming and overpowering. Hours later that night, I could still hear it in my ears! 

The aftermarket suspension system that George has had installed is simply incredible. It ensures that there is almost no perceptible body roll but nonetheless it provides admirable ride comfort on London's bad quality road surfaces. It was noticeably more comfortable than my own OEM P17 -20mm sports suspension with rear LSD 

At this point, George handed me the keys. My first drive in a 997.1 GT3. WOW!!  What an experience!  It was also the first time I was driving a LHD manual car so I was very careful and stayed well within my limits. (Incidentally, I noticed the pedal position in a LHD car is much more to the right since the left footwell is narrower than the right footwell. In RHD cars, the driver gets the wider right footwell). The acceleration was blisteringly quick. Throttle response was simply instantaneous. The gearbox wonderfully precise and crisp without the awkward notchiness of the regular sport shifter. The PCCBs literally felt like being stopped 'by the hand of God'. Such great brake feel with such precision. The clutch pedal was heavier but not overly so. Steering feel and feedback were wonderful - about the same as on my own -20mm car. Driving along, it felt like all the other cars on the road were stationary obstacles to get past or drive around... 

Those are just a few brief observations. Like I said, I don't want to steal George's thunder. No doubt, he will share his much more focussed impressions with us in more detail.

Arriving back at George's hotel, we then went for a smaller loop drive in my -20mm sports suspension 997.1 C2S. It felt like an altogether different car giving a profoundly different experience to the driver. For the first time, when driving my own car, I noticed a tiny amount of body roll having experienced zero body roll in George's 997.1 GT3. As I remarked to George, I went for a sporty C2S when choosing my 'performance' options but with a comfortable, luxurious interior. To this day, I have no regrets over any of my choices. Amusingly, some tourist snapped a photo of my car when I was thinking they should have been doing that to George's beast... how funny!

In a 997.1 GT3, no drive is ever mundane. It is always an event and an experience that assaults all the senses. It makes one feel alive, exhilarated and very much present 'in the moment'.

By contrast, in a 997.1 C2S, how you drive it determines whether it is an absolute blast or a gentle cruise.

This was a great taste of what a 997.1 GT3 is like.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to George for trusting me with his car and letting me have a taste of the pleasure it can give  He's a true Porsche enthusiast, a great guy and a gentleman.

Many congratulations once again on such an outstanding car  It's a rare jewel 

Now, I intend to pursue PDEs in Silverstone or Leipzig to hone my skills further. It was just the catalyst I needed...

--

I'm now looking forward to having the pleasure of dining this evening with Aviator (Costas) and his wife at Maroush Restaurant, one of my favourite Lebanese restaurants in London.

www.maroush.com/

--

Easy thx for your kind words...I'm so embarrassed, though Smiley In no case do I feel as you're trying to steal my thunder.

Guys, there is a lot more to follow soon in what regards this motor trip and my tweaks, all in rich content.

Just stay tuned Smiley

--

Looking foward to it! Thanks guys!

Function_analysi. Well i guess you could'nt find the time to meet. Sorry if i missed you. Hope you've been happy with the P garage service and that they have done a good job.

Kind regards.

--

easy_rider911:

At this point, George handed me the keys. My first drive in a 997.1 GT3. WOW!!  

SmileySmiley I'm glad you guys had such a great time - looking forward to George's report Smiley

It's pure coincidence that I also handed the keys of my baby to someone else yesterday - though it wasn't on a public road and the "someone else" was Marc Basseng...Smiley Simply awesome experience Smiley

I'd love to compare my stock GT3 with George's car Smiley

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Cram:

Function_analysi. Well i guess you could'nt find the time to meet. Sorry if i missed you. Hope you've been happy with the P garage service and that they have done a good job.

Kind regards.

Cram, it's been completely my own mistake...I'm so sorry for not replying earlier to your post dated 14th of April, no offense intended Smiley

Well, it was actually my GT3 at the parking of AMAG at Lausanne. I also saw a yellow car there, that later on I concluded it was yours, after you had posted in this thread . Speed Yellow is a fantastic colour, completely underestimated when seen on snapshots.

Guys of AMAG Lausanne were extremely knowledgeable and absolute professionals on how to have the car serviced. It's amazing they needed only 6 hrs to deliver it back to me. Congratulations on your advice, I'll do business with these guys again Smiley

Only drawback was their poor English that combined with my poor French turned our communication to be a sort of adventure....If I'm allowed I'll PM you directly their remarks on the invoice as to discuss together whether they have traced anything like RMS.

Thanks once again for your posts and your interest on my service there. I'm sure next time we'll have plenty of time to meet up and get to know each other in person.

BTW, how was your race at Hockenheim?

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    easy_rider911:

At this point, George handed me the keys. My first drive in a 997.1 GT3. WOW!!  

SmileySmiley I'm glad you guys had such a great time - looking forward to George's report Smiley

It's pure coincidence that I also handed the keys of my baby to someone else yesterday - though it wasn't on a public road and the "someone else" was Marc Basseng...Smiley Simply awesome experience Smiley

I'd love to compare my stock GT3 with George's car Smiley

P-J, your experience next to Marc should be a blistering heart-attack episode. I'm so happy you survived Smiley

The thread of the epic tour and the details of the tuning is soon to become live. Comparisons of our cars possibly in and around NoS this July Smiley

--

function_analysi:
    If I'm allowed I'll PM you directly their remarks on the invoice as to discuss together whether they have traced anything like RMS.

Thanks once again for your posts and your interest on my service there. I'm sure next time we'll have plenty of time to meet up and get to know each other in person.

BTW, how was your race at Hockenheim?

--

Please feel free to do so. I'll do my best for the translation

It's been a pleasure helping you

My race went good. Post some pics and report in the Motorsport section

--

Gentlemen, a quick video out of a recent drive with a friend in my tweaked GT3. Enjoy the sound of the Oakley Design Exhaust (or at least try to due to the techical restraints of the built-in camera of his mobile Smiley)

--

Thanks George  Looking forward to seeing your report and photos from your tune up trip

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

easy_rider911:

Thanks George  Looking forward to seeing your report and photos from your tune up trip

Good to hear from you Easy...The more I watch this vid the more I recall our terrific ride in the heart and the suburbs of London. It was soooooo nice Smiley at least we should have snaped some pixz...

Re the report I know I should hurry up, however I'm trying to put all things together --thoughts, notes, pixz, vids, etc-- which isn't but a real trouble given my everyday timeconsuming routine.

Don't take me wrong however, promise to bring it here for the shake of all Rennteamers pretty shortly... SmileySmiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776883 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441595 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262716 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260863 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85141 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5527 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880582 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815744 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM