Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cayenne GTS : Porsche Design Edition 3

Just found thisPorsche_Cayenne_GTS_Design_Edition-topshot.jpg

Re: Cayenne GTS : Porsche Design Edition 3

I like it!!! Something is wrong with me! I start to like all the ugly cars made by Porsche in the last years... cayenne, panamera.....  SmileySmileySmiley

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

The colour is Lavagrau. Is it new or it's been used before?
    --
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Well Ed,

Since you're probably the only person in the world who likes the "special editions", these pics are especially for you. ;)

-Joost-P09_0822.jpg

P09_0823.jpg

P09_0824.jpg

P09_0825.jpg

P09_0826.jpg

P09_0827.jpg

P09_0828.jpg

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

I like it.

Beats the hell of yet another silver car on the road... 

Interesting use of options and color.  I will pick up my lava grey metallic Turbo S in Leipzig in mid-April, and many features of this design GTS are standard on my car--lava grey metallic, carbon dash and door trim, double spoiler, alcantara upholstery on a-pillars and headliner, sport seats, Porsche crest on seats, thicker steering wheel, Bose 14 speaker sound system, 21" sportplus wheels. If I am figuring the exchange rate correctly, in the U.S. the Turbo S buyer is paying about 20K more for the Turbo S engine and air suspension. 

Wonderbar:
    Interesting use of options and color.  I will pick up my lava grey metallic Turbo S in Leipzig in mid-April, and many features of this design GTS are standard on my car--lava grey metallic, carbon dash and door trim, double spoiler, alcantara upholstery on a-pillars and headliner, sport seats, Porsche crest on seats, thicker steering wheel, Bose 14 speaker sound system, 21" sportplus wheels. If I am figuring the exchange rate correctly, in the U.S. the Turbo S buyer is paying about 20K more for the Turbo S engine and air suspension. 

Excuse my ignorance but this lava grey colour is nowhere on the standard or special colour lists. Is it colour to sample or a new colour.

I like it Smiley

--

useless......just milking the cow....

it is beyond me why they did not do a road only version of the turbo s.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

I like it! really aggressive!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

I like it too, except for the wheels and side script Smiley
    --
    05' C4S

intouch1:

It would have been a good idea to offer a lighter Turbo S without the transfer case and with the suspension for light offroad use only.

I expect that  Cayenne 2 will have limited off road ability as standard and the full off road package will be an optional extra.

--

intouch1:

What do you mean useless? that red "S" badge is very useful Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):
    What do you mean useless? that red "S" badge is very useful Smiley

right!Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Before the Cayenne GTS special edition, the lava grey color was just available on the Cayenne Turbo S.  Go to the Porsche site and click on the Cayenne Turbo S Web special.  You can see the color there.

I saw the color on a Turbo S at the Geneva Show recently.  Quite deep grey with a touch of brown.  The Turbo S there also had painted grey rims, black trim package and tinted windows.  A bit gangsterish for me--I prefer the aluminum rims and trim.

Wonderbar:

Before the Cayenne GTS special edition, the lava grey color was just available on the Cayenne Turbo S.  Go to the Porsche site and click on the Cayenne Turbo S Web special.  You can see the color there.

I saw the color on a Turbo S at the Geneva Show recently.  Quite deep grey with a touch of brown.  The Turbo S there also had painted grey rims, black trim package and tinted windows.  A bit gangsterish for me--I prefer the aluminum rims and trim.

Thanks! I didn't know until now Smiley

--

Joost, it seems there are more that like this design edition. Just between us, I think for that paint and wheels they rip you of your hard earned money.... If you want I can do it for you. And in the big numbers they build them is not something speciall enough... but anyway thanks for the pictures!!! Smiley

--

Joost:

Well Ed,

Since you're probably the only person in the world who likes the "special editions", these pics are especially for you. ;)

-Joost-

P09_0826.jpg

By the way is it just me.. or this car starts to look old in the side view? Smiley 

I mean, it looks so ´80s ....

--

lol. I didn't call it a monstrosity because of the looks. Í mean, to each his own. I called it a monstrosity just because it exists. This is so clearly a "special edition" to clean out their stock, that I consider it a slap in the face to the customer base. Why call it a special edition? Why don't be honest and say: well, this is the outgoing model, but we'll make you a sweat deal...?
    --

Who says they aren't? Every brand does special editions before a new model comes out...

you're probably right. Maybe it is because Porsche is the only brand that matters to me.

I couldn't care less if for or peugeot or vauxhall or even ferrari for that matter would do this, but when porsche does, it hits me a bit.

--

ed_moree:
    Joost, it seems there are more that like this design edition. Just between us, I think for that paint and wheels they rip you of your hard earned money.... If you want I can do it for you. And in the big numbers they build them is not something speciall enough... but anyway thanks for the pictures!!! Smiley

Sorry I can´t edit it anymore.. and it is a misunderstanding... by: "they rip you of your hard earned money.... If you want I can do it for you" I mean I can do a fancy paint and graphincs for your Cayenne much cheaper than Porsche... not to rip off your money.... sorry guys..Smiley

--

I think it looks too much like a turbo, there should be distinction and not only the badge (appearance). I am disappointed that Porsche doesn't keep 'classes' more seperate.

--
    2008 Cayenne Turbo - 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) - 2007 Landcruiser Prado - 1997 Wrangler TJ - 1957 LR

Agreed. Turbo and above should look different like the 997.

Racing stripes for a soccermom-mobile.

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Maybe its just me and I realise its a personal opinion but I find it tasteless personally... ricer racing stripes on the hood, bling-bling large "Porsche Design" scripts on the doors, red badges, thin multiple painted spokes wheels on a SUV, etc

--

Carlos from Spain:

Maybe its just me and I realise its a personal opinion but I find it tasteless personally... ricer racing stripes on the hood, bling-bling large "Porsche Design" scripts on the doors, red badges, thin multiple painted spokes wheels on a SUV, etc

Fully agreeSmiley

--
    2008 Cayenne Turbo - 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) - 2007 Landcruiser Prado - 1997 Wrangler TJ - 1957 LR

Over sophisticated, rather have a regular one in black.
    --

997 Turbo

While I do not like the stripes and the lettering on the side, I do think some of the other design elements are appealing (exterior color, painted rims, red stitching, alcantara, carbon trim, even the red S on the rear door).  Had I seen the red stitching before, I might have considered it on my new Turbo S.  

Some buyers no doubt like this pre-packaged edition approach, as there are special edition boxsters and caymans.  Porsche is quite good at predicting sales and production numbers, and surely believes that there is some profit here.  Porsche also must be interested in marketing the Porsche Design brand, which this car certainly does.  Maybe we--who would not buy this type of special edition--should view the car like one views high fashion runway clothes.  We would never buy the complete product, but we do notice the designer brand name and some elements of the "over the top" design. 

Thr front view is very nice, but the wheels are too small.

if you buy this you have to get one of these too;

Edo Porsche 911 Turbo Shark-2.jpg

The "special editions" are usually a rip-off and they don't sell better when you want to re-sell the car after some while. I never understood why Porsche doesn't offer a REAL special edition which is worthy this name but hey, what do I know. 

The most ridiculous "special edition" I remember was the 996 "911" special edition with chrome plated rims. Many people bought this car in the hope of an increased value and/or a better resale value but the contrary happened. 

If Porsche wants to make a Carrera GTS "special edition", give it the Turbo S braking system, the Turbo TFT display in the speedo, at least 30 horses more power and a lowered special edition chassis setup. That would be a REAL special edition.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777847 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441947 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262896 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261119 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85385 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5652 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880800 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816311 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM