Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F450 with no camo

The Scuderia is a classic.  Even if you decide to get the F450 I would keep the SC in the garage.

But one thing I can say is that Ferrari will not gamble on their V8 cars (unlike Califoria), that's their bread and butter.  I have no doubt the real F450 will be a stunning car.

--
    Happy Driving

I like what I see.

Performance of this car should be same as Scud right? So a hair slower than GT2. Amazing if true, but necessary because of the competition.

Oh Wow - I love what I see!

This car has great curves. Also, it looks very tiny and light. Some parts even like a mini-Enzo. Stunning! Looking forward to see more.

... .have you seen that massive mirror.... I hate those new Mirror-EU regulations

i like! time to put my scuderia on sale!
    --
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Lars997:

... .have you seen that massive mirror.... I hate those new Mirror-EU regulations

Remember this one? Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

dhayek:
    Dimitri, was that a joke or have you been serious? Smiley

--

dhayek:

NOooooo!!! Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

pretty damn serious! im a believer that the day the 450 is out, 430 will look from another age.. and with the current economic situation, better be safe than sorry, i dont want to find myself making a 40% discount on my scud a month before the 450 chimes in.. i may sound a bit pessimistic, but i really am.. i think the worst is yet to come, making $$$ next year will be close to mission impossible..  and i trully hope i am wrong...Smiley

i'm not selling it tomorrow morning, but whenever i get a good serious offer i'll take it.. 

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

dhayek:

pretty damn serious! im a believer that the day the 450 is out, 430 will look from another age.. and with the current economic situation, better be safe than sorry, i dont want to find myself making a 40% discount on my scud a month before the 450 chimes in.. i may sound a bit pessimistic, but i really am.. i think the worst is yet to come, making $$$ next year will be close to mission impossible..  and i trully hope i am wrong...Smiley

i'm not selling it tomorrow morning, but whenever i get a good serious offer i'll take it.. 

So we think exactly the same. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Dimitri, I was at my dealer today and he received six Scuds which were not anticipated. That is all they are selling and desparately trying to get MSRP. The car does attract a very small market which may support its value but I wouldn't count on it.

BTW, the dealer was also scheduled to get 40 California GT's but was told he will only get 15. I am very suspicous that Ferrari is getting vibs that the car will not be in demand as they originally hoped for and now are cutting back to avoid a glut of them on the showroom floor.

--

yes stefan..like always!Smiley

nick, ferrari did something smart, instead of dumping cars, they decreased production, over here in beirut, the dealer had an allocation of 8 scuds, when few customers cancelled, instead of sending the cars to sit in the showroom the cancelled 4 of the original 8. such moves will IMO help existing customers to somehow keep the value.

i don't think the california though.. 

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

dhayek:

+1

Once the 450 is out and if performance is close to scud, prices and demand will tank. 

nberry:

Dimitri, I was at my dealer today and he received six Scuds which were not anticipated. That is all they are selling and desparately trying to get MSRP. The car does attract a very small market which may support its value but I wouldn't count on it.

BTW, the dealer was also scheduled to get 40 California GT's but was told he will only get 15. I am very suspicous that Ferrari is getting vibs that the car will not be in demand as they originally hoped for and now are cutting back to avoid a glut of them on the showroom floor.

6 Scuds? 40 GTs?

Does your dealer do wholesale business or somethign. Most dealers are lucky if they can move that kind of inventory in 3 years.

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

intouch1:
    i understood that...i was questioning if there is evidence or based on assumptions...

I saw Ferrari comparing the F142-test-mules with a Porsche GT2. And for me it makes sense as there where several people (insiders and also in this forum) talking about the F142 becoming more "hardcore" and also a bit more expensive...this implicates the GT2 being the most important competitor for the F142.

--
    -- Webmaster of www.bmh-images.com

Remember Ferrari wants to sell as many GT's they can. California is a huge Ferrari state. When times were good the wait was three years. Today, the table has turned. They are begging for customers.
    --

nberry:
    Remember Ferrari wants to sell as many GT's they can. California is a huge Ferrari state. When times were good the wait was three years. Today, the table has turned. They are begging for customers.
    Well, at least the Ferrari salesmen will know how to bend over, since they made their customers do it for long enough.  Smiley

--
    fritz

nberry:

Well, although I'm not a fan of the California, I wonder why it should not sell.

Yes, it's different compared to other Ferrari and it's not the prettiest Ferrari either. But it surely is a good car, something like the SL from Ferrari, to which I would compare it as a direct competitor. It has a great engine, great new state-of-the-art gear box, perfect folding metal roof, nice interior and a superb chassis with lots of comfort. This should attract some new customers, who would have never considered a Ferrari before and I guess this was exactly the intention of Ferrari. And compared to a Merc SL, the California isn't that bad. Smiley

--

Came here to post it & you beat me to it. Smiley

ferrarispysplit_opt.jpg

Honestly, hope it looks a whole lot better than what we're seeing so far.Hope it's much more aggressive looking.

car_photo_304746_25.jpg

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Heritage Nostalgia

I don't know how they plan on getting away with no air scoops for the engine. I does look gread and sleek without them. But consider those test mules we saw not so long ago, and how big scoops the had.

Maybe they will do them Murcielago style... retractable into body line, that would be nice.

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

fritz:
    nberry:
    Well, at least the Ferrari salesmen will know how to bend over, since they made their customers do it for long enough.  Smiley

hahahahahahaha Smiley

1 of the reasons why I cancelled my 599 order and went straight to Porsche and put down a deposit ASAP on the good ol 911 GT2 and still have some cash left for future toys Smiley

--

janus:

I don't know how they plan on getting away with no air scoops for the engine. I does look gread and sleek without them. But consider those test mules we saw not so long ago, and how big scoops the had.

Maybe they will do them Murcielago style... retractable into body line, that would be nice.

I think the air intake is between the window and the C-pillar, so the air flows right in between. Similar to the flying buttress of the 599. Smiley

--

I received an email today from one F. insider. According to his info "...new model will have drastic new desing, almost spaceship like...".

Hmm...

did he comment on these leaked pics?

Probably not. But maybe he could. Smiley

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

janus:

did he comment on these leaked pics?

Probably not. But maybe he could. Smiley

No. He saw the picture(on computer) of the real thing. Many people will be shocked with final look according to his impression.

Rossi and Dimitri: I share your opinions too but I will get rid of mine only after I will see or even drive the successor. I really love my Scuderia. It's really a driver's car.
    --
    There is no try. Just do.

Rossi:
    janus:

I think the air intake is between the window and the C-pillar, so the air flows right in between. Similar to the flying buttress of the 599. Smiley

Could this further indicate a turbo charged car? Only speculating but what if the bottom openings were for the intercooler's, would there be less need for large intake scoops?

In the mule's there were scoops on the deck lid so I wonder if the air intake like you said between the window & C-pillar is the real scoop instead which would probably mean less air for the intake vs the F430.

I would have much preferred something aggressive looking like the Millechilli/ Enzo'ish.... I'm hoping this isnt really what it will look like it doesnt look Ferrari or even Italian. It's like Z4 Mazda morph. 

f142.JPG

6a00d83451b3c669e200e54f90f9258833-500wi.jpg

mazda-rx-8-type-e-titel.jpg

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Heritage Nostalgia

Stefan, Ferrari has always been a masculine car. The California GT is a feminine car.

It does not have the WOW factor of Ferrari and easily could be a Maserati. If one could by a 430 Spider for substantially less than a California GT why buy the GT?

BTW, I believe it will sell but I also believe it will fade quickly. Thus the reason for Ferrari to restrict allocations. I find it curious that California dealers are receiving substantially reduced allocations on a car named California GT.Smiley

--

SciFrog:
    dhayek:

+1

Once the 450 is out and if performance is close to scud, prices and demand will tank. 

The 360CS is still a very desirable car. The prices for 360's continue to drop but a 360CS is going for over $200K here, compared to $130-140K for a 360. Based on that, I think the Scud will retain it's value for some time.

CS are trading $160k.

A third of all 360 for sale are below $100k...

Cheapest 430 are in the $130k-140 range.

Scud are already trading below $300k.

There is a nice 08 599 for sale at $233k with 1,800 miles (was over $400k last year).

A repaired 05 612 sold for $103k.

Ron (Houston):

The Scuderia is a classic.  Even if you decide to get the F450 I would keep the SC in the garage.

But one thing I can say is that Ferrari will not gamble on their V8 cars (unlike Califoria), that's their bread and butter.  I have no doubt the real F450 will be a stunning car.

Ron, California is Ferrari's new bread and butter. F450 will be their high margin products. Not unlike the 599..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/29/24 9:42 PM
    watt
    783864 1799
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443274 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263625 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262243 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86305 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6073 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881994 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    821274 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM