Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Reasons Not to Order a Cayenne Now

Reasons not to order:

1.  New model on its way in 2010.

2.  Mileage is poor especially on Turbo and Turbo S.

3.  Viewed as politically incorrect in the current economic meltdown.

4.  Just plain stupid to spend so much on a fast truck.

Reasons to order:

1.  At my age, I am not a new model.

2.  I am more concerned more about my remaining mileage than the car's.

3.  Obama was politically incorrect when he started his campaign.

4.  I am stupid.

So I ordered a Turbo S for factory pickup in Leipzig in April.  Went for Lava Metallic, black/steel interior with sport seats, pano roof, rear entertainment for kids (yes I have youngsters even at my 60 plus age), and some leather niceties. Will post pics at the time.

Thanks to Mark, RC, Porsche and other board guys for doing all this to me... 

Re: Reasons Not to Order a Cayenne Now

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHASmiley

HAHAHA Smiley

Good move,now you are my hero!Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

super Wonderbar! enjoy your turbo S!
    --
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

HAHA.... LOL... hilarious!

Well done - great decision! Very nice spec'ed car - you will love it!

Bravo Wonderbar ,  me always had a wish , still have , to drive a Boxster wen I am 70+ .

these were just some of my thoughts. and with our crazy import taxes, i did not want to spend silly amounts of cash on a facelift that is doomed to be obsolete within 18-24 months.

alternatives i considered were either a G55 or an X6. as much as i like the G55 and think at its a timeless classic that can be kept forever, i was afraid it's suspension is really not up to todays standards. hence, i went for an X6 xDrive 50i.

it's being registered currently and i will receive it once i am back from a trip i am going on tomorrow.

i am still pritty sure that i will go for the cayenne 2 once it's released.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Thanks folks.  Send money.Smiley

I got tired of face lifts every 2yrs and went for Toyota/Lexus instead Smiley

--

Congrats and enjoy!
    --

Mikla

997 Turbo

Wonderbar,

Fantastic my friend, congratulations !!! I envy you as Sata overhere has a very nice Nordic Gold Turbo S in the Show room, ohhh sooooo tempting but again love my CTT08 and want to stick by her !!

You will love the Leizig pick up ! I would suggest to do the 'Discover Porsche in Leipzig' Experience as well. You will be driving the Cayenne on the track with and without the instructor, great to experience what the car can do! Porsche customer services is very helpful and although 'normally' Cayenne turbo is not an option, insist you want to drive the CTT as you have bought one. I dealt with Astrid and she agreed to give me the CTT08 as test car. I took footage form the experience and posted it on You tube, let's see is I can copy the link into my message.

Nice color and package !!! and pano roof (yeeeee !!!!) I also envy your GTS seat option as I was denied the privilage !!!!

Speak later,

Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fAX5SaFzzs

--
    2008 Cayenne Turbo - 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) - 2007 Landcruiser Prado - 1997 Wrangler TJ - 1957 LR

Thanks for the congrats and the video! 

The video brings back memories of being in a Carrera GT on the same Leipzig gtrack with one of the designing engineers.  Talk about crazed--the guy was one of those smiling, scruffy bearded, speed freak types who drove me on some hot laps with the PSM off.  I thought I was on a hockey rink we were sliding and drifting so much.  My stomach stills recalls the sensation.

I also recall being driven in a Cayenne on a frozen lake in Finland during Porsche Camp4.  The driver (Guido Majewski) controlled the car like he was speed skating, from one power slide to the other.  Unbelievable.  I think he works at the Leipzig track, and I hope to see him again.

I will send you some private messages soon, asking for a few more details.  Thanks again...

Right now I'm thinking myself about getting a new (or with low mileage) Cayenne Turbo S.

The reason: my 997 Turbo is a garage queen and I doubt it is going to be better during the year. I have so much work and I want to spend enough quality time with the family, no time for expensive toys I'm afraid.

So here's my idea: getting rid of the 997 Turbo lease, getting rid of the current first gen Cayenne Turbo S and getting a Cayenne Turbo S facelift instead or (I had a pretty good offer) a Cayenne Turbo facelift with powerkit for more than 40000(!) EUR less  compared to the new price tag and only 8000 km onboard. 

I have to admit that my favorite family car would be more likely the Audi RS6 but I want to have at least one Porsche in the family, so there is no way how I could get the RS6 without "sacrifying" our Porsches. 

I really don't know what to do, business has slowed down a lot but work load has increased and I actually don't want to spend money on a car right now. On the other hand it is pretty stupid to keep a garage queen, especially since the queen costs me 1700 EUR per month just for nothing. Tough decision but I think the 997 Turbo has to go sooner or later. Smiley 

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

I like your thinking, despite the reluctance to let the 997TT go.  If you go for the slightly used Turbo S, you will have more residual when the time comes (and it will) when you want a new TT with PDK.  I am going for the new Cayenne TTS for the thrill of picking up a new car in Leipzig with the family along to think I'm cool I(okay a dream), then oooh and ahhh on our follow up trip.  I know I am going to take the new car depreciation hit when the lure of a new TT becomes irresistible, but like I said in my first post, I am stupid...

RC

it is never easy. I know what you mean with the garage queen - I still miss my GT3.

Yes there are some great deals out there, but unless you are talking about a no "cash" trade deal I would not see the point trading on CTT for a CTT2. That said you will likely get the best value for the TT in a trade-in for a new car (in particular as it is a Tip Smiley) and reduce your overall running costs. But you will also in my view take a larger deprecitation hit with the new car then the other two which already lost most of the value...(unless you can lease it again with the residual set at an attractive rate)

though call but good luck with the decision Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Tough decision but I think the 997 Turbo has to go sooner or later. Smiley 

SmileySmileySmiley

--

Right now it seems that car dealers aren't really interested in "complicated" deals, so I may keep the 997 Turbo and drive the Cayenne Turbo S until it falls apart. Smiley

The "best" thing would be to get rid of the 997 Turbo and Cayenne Turbo S and get a new Cayenne Turbo S or Panamera Turbo instead as a family car. ONE Porsche, not two.

It makes sense but it seems to be impossible since I haven't been contacted by my dealer yet(I discussed this matter with him before Christmas).

Nothing to complaint here...I have two wonderful Porsche I can drive but it hurts that I pay the lease for nothing, especially in winter time. Smiley 

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Give it a few months and even Porsche will show more willingness to consider complicated deals in order to "sell new" cars.

I certainly have seen evidence of that.

Shop around as in my book all dealers are game...

--
    Off enjoying my car...

RC:

Right now it seems that car dealers aren't really interested in "complicated" deals, so I may keep the 997 Turbo and drive the Cayenne Turbo S until it falls apart. Smiley

The "best" thing would be to get rid of the 997 Turbo and Cayenne Turbo S and get a new Cayenne Turbo S or Panamera Turbo instead as a family car. ONE Porsche, not two.

It makes sense but it seems to be impossible since I haven't been contacted by my dealer yet(I discussed this matter with him before Christmas).

Nothing to complaint here...I have two wonderful Porsche I can drive but it hurts that I pay the lease for nothing, especially in winter time. Smiley

Maybe is better to make this move when the all new Cayenne will come..isn't it?

I think that a SUV is a great family car,and the Cayenne is a Porsche too..so nothing better IMHO,but have you wait till now,wait again a few..Smiley

Now is winter, the 997 Turbo in in the Box and i have also some strange ideas on my mind,i past some great days in Switzerland with ice and snow with my "old" Cayenne S and i love it,but as soon spring will come i think i will regret all what i'm thinking in these days...Smiley

So,maybe is better your dealer doesn't answer you,take a few time,and think better on your decisions...

Smiley

--

Super Darius:
    RC:

Maybe is better to make this move when the all new Cayenne will come..isn't it?

I think that a SUV is a great family car,and the Cayenne is a Porsche too..so nothing better IMHO,but have you wait till now,wait again a few..Smiley

Now is winter, the 997 Turbo in in the Box and i have also some strange ideas on my mind,i past some great days in Switzerland with ice and snow with my "old" Cayenne S and i love it,but as soon spring will come i think i will regret all what i'm thinking in these days...Smiley

So,maybe is better your dealer doesn't answer you,take a few time,and think better on your decisions...

Smiley

--
    what are you thinking Dario???? a car change?

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Andrea

no,is that i hear the new year and whant something newSmiley

..but is better that i go to bed...too much work today Smiley

hahahSmiley

--

Dario, I love my 997 Turbo, for various reasons. Smiley

The only problem is: I can't drive it to work because of my customers. Most of them are old or not very wealthy people, they wouldn't appreciate at all seeing this car in front of my business. Especially now, with the "shrinking" economy and people loosing their jobs, a 911 Turbo in front of my business would be the dumbest thing I can do, I would loose half of my customers over night, believe it or not.   

--

I would get a parking spot close by, but not in front of your office... solves the problem!? Smiley
    --
    993 Targa Black/Black

Christian,i have your same problems...

My Turbo is a Garage queen becouse i can't let it see at my customers..i take it in the week end and i go far from my city and far from where are located my biggest customers...unfortunately this is what i must to can keep it..Smiley

One of my customers see my Cayenne 3 years ago,and every times i have a new item and he ask me the price,he tell me is too expansive and said me to sell the Cayenne and make lower prices...if he see the Turbo..is the endSmiley

i understand you very well,and i understand also your decision,also if is sad...Smiley

Smiley

--

RC:

--

RC after so many times you saying you don´t like the Panamera if I see that you buy one I will laugh a lot... don´t get it wrong... but it will be very funny!!!! Smiley

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780377 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442444 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263245 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261565 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85727 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5872 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881299 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818451 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM