Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: I'm in heaven

AWESOME, Brother!!!!!!!!! Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley Smiley  Many congratulations on your incredible super "baby" and dream come true!!!

You definitely know how to bring in the New Year!!! Smiley Smiley 

Indeed, I hope the winter is short and you're on the track very soon! Smiley

All the best always and very happy driving!  Smiley  Smiley

--
    Richard "Baby":07 C4S Cab, A.S.,Blk/Gry;Gry, X51,PCCB,Euro-D.,. "ROESSLE":06 Cayenne S

Cram:

(1) How many times did i hear you saying, YES, NO. Maybe.

(2) You were already very good with the boxter, now you are going to be even better, but watch out, This are two totally different cars but i'm sure you know it.Smiley

(3) I see you having the same GT3 stickers as i do.

Thanks very much for the good wishes, buddy Smiley
    (1) Right, but sometimes it needs a bit forth and back to enjoy complete satisfaction Smiley

(2) Boxster please SmileySmiley I know in your case it's just a typo SmileyI know buddy - have encountered too many GT3-drivers at the Ring who don't know how to tame the beast Smiley
    Will get a lot of training next season before I'll make a serious attempt at NoS. Both - the Eifel roller coaster and the GT3 deserve a lot of respect Smiley

(3) Smiley Can't wait for the first pics of our two babies in parallell flight in the Eifel Smiley

dreamcar:

Some teasers for you for the L O N G winter - because I'm jealous!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

SmileySmileySmileySmiley      SmileySmiley
    Would love to see you back in Good Old Germany, DC Smiley
    Same goes for Throt of course - there are some fancy hairdresser shops in D'dorf waiting for you, hehe Smiley

@ RC: yes I hope very much for an early Spring this year - more than ever Smiley

@ Alex: the GT2 seats were retrofitted by the first owner (I still have the original sport seats as a second set). From my butt feeling the GT2 seats are a bit more comfy compared to the GT3 bucket seats. I'm curious how they'll work on the track Smiley 

@ Fritz: thanks for the valuable hint - I'll let it check at the PZ Smiley

@ Richard: thanks a lot, bud Smiley Hope to meet you at Rennteam more often again - can't open a thread like this every other week Smiley

wow,congrats!
    --
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

porsche-jack many congrats to a truely beautiful car! I know for a fact that you will enjoy it VERY much!!

now next time we add a few impressions to the "show us your 911 in action" thread, u will be able to share with us... Smiley      remember?

wish u all the best and lots of fun experiencing your GT3 to the fullest!

greets rantanplan 

--
    997 GT3 clubsport

Woooow!

What a present for the new year...

Many, many belgian congrats! Always great to see someone fulfill his dreams...When a porschedream it's even bettter!

--

ex 965 3.3turbo/ ex 993 targa / ex 996 cab /

now 997S cabrio //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro

PJ, congrats!

Love the color-very classy-all 911's (Turbo or NA) should be silver or black, but, of course, I am a bit biased.SmileySmileySmiley

Al

100_1681.8X6.jpg 

--

1997 993 TT Proto 3.8L 700HP

2005 996 TSCab EVO GT700

2006 Noble M400 "M600" 573RWHP

2007 Audi RS4 MTM SC 540PS

Feeling happy for you, PJ! Looking forward to hear your first-hand impressions! Smiley

Those are superb specs for that particular model!

Looks Great Achim!!

Congrats again!!!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Porsche-Jeck:
    Same goes for Throt of course - there are some fancy hairdresser shops in D'dorf waiting for you, hehe Smiley

LMAO , Achim..I shall bring my hairdressing kit to spruce up your bonce ,, buddy..Smiley

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

WOW ... this car looks stunning Achim!

Well choosen! Total dream come true! 

Many congrats, mateSmiley

This is the best way to start the new year and I wish you many great track days with this beast! It's always a great pleasure to see such cars goes in the right hands of a real Porsche enthusiast! 

Keep us updated with reviews and photos.Smiley

--
    "If you want to convert a normal car into a race car, you have to change 80% of the parts - with a Porsche; a change of 20% will do the job" - W. Röhrl

Congrats PJ! Great looking GT3!
    --

05 Boxster S, Arctic Silver, H&R, PSE, FVD Stage 1

08 Carrera 4S, Guards Red, H&R, PSE

Oh well this is just great. I just booked tickets to Australia for my vacation this year and you go and do this. What an unbelievable car. Absolutely beautiful. So now what am I to do? Do I try and work so much overtime that I try and squeeze a quick 1 week trip in to see this new beast this year, or do I have to agonize until 2010 for my ride at the Ring.SmileySmiley

I'm glad you were able to get this car, I know you've been wanting this for a while. Enjoy it in good health and I hope to see it sometime in the future.Smiley

--
    Paralizer 06 987S Altas Grey/Black/Black

Paralizer:

So now what am I to do? Do I try and work so much overtime that I try and squeeze a quick 1 week trip in to see this new beast this year, or do I have to agonize until 2010 for my ride at the Ring.SmileySmiley

--

Paralizer, I have a cunning plan, as a paramedic, can't you get on a "driver training course" (just forget to tell your boss the venue is at the 'Ring)....Smiley Think how it would improve your journey times in emergency situations. Don't ask him for a GT3 fast response vehicle, though....Smiley Smiley

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

Boah Achim, I've just discovered this thread, fantastic car, many congrats! Smiley

I would have never thought that a GT3 could look that good in silver, but it looks absolutely stunning with the black stickers. Smiley

So happy for you, enjoy in good health. Smiley

BTW, rather long time till spring.. (especially for you)
    --

Back again!  Smiley

Hi P-J,

Hey, wow - looks great! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with this on the ring this year! Smiley
    Hope to see you there again when the weather's a bit warmer  Smiley

Dave 

--
    2007 987S, KW v3 1964 Type 1

Congrats Achim! Absolutely wonderful!  Smiley

Looking forward to see you in the Eifel with it in a couple of months Smiley

Enjoy in good health! 

--

Great news, you've bought yourself an icon!!!

The car looks stunning (no surprise there)! I can't wait to see it in action!

Just out of curiosity, what's the story behind the GT2 seats, I assume the previous owner wanted something a little more comforatble than the GT3 buckets but more support than the adaptive sport seats?

100x congrats!!!!

--

Porsche-Jeck:

have encountered too many GT3-drivers at the Ring who don't know how to tame the beast Smiley

..and seen the expressions on their faces when they get overtaken by a certain seal grey Boxster S (as witnessed by yours truly not so long ago).....Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Many congrats SmileySmileySmiley Great car Smiley

So Mr. Jeck, when does the Ring normally open up in the Spring? Just out of idle curiosity I checked airfares. There are some decent airfares that could make it possible for me to do a quick 1 week dash the first week of April. Any chance you and the new beast might be headed to the Ring for a little fun during that time frame? Or is that still to close to winter? 

Dreamcar, if I were to do this you would be obligated to come over that weekend. If I can fly from Yankeeland, you and the 'Queen can make a quick sojuorn.Smiley

--

Hi Larry - actually the 'Ring is open all year (depending on the weather Smiley). Did some last laps with the Boxey on Dec 28 - freezing cold, but very nice due to extreme low traffic and I was astonished about the performance of the winter tires (Pirelli Snow Sport) Smiley
    Actually I first will study how to tame the beast in a more safe environment before I bring the baby to the 'Ring and that would certainly not happen on one of those crowded weekends with all the maniacs from all over the world Smiley Will focus on weekdays with low traffic and well organzied trackdays of course Smiley So it's yet a bit too early to decide on a definite schedule. I'll keep you posted for sure Smiley

I just realized that I still owe you and the Terra Queen Smiley some pics from the 'Ring - dorry for the delay, I was somewhat distracted Smiley

@ Porker: actually the car was originally fitted with the normal sport seats (which I still have in store). The first owner swapped them for the GT2 seats + 6-point harness Smiley

This morning it was close to 20°C below zero over here - arrgghhh Smiley

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Rossi:

I would have never thought that a GT3 could look that good in silver, but it looks absolutely stunning with the black stickers. Smiley

Thanks Rossi Smiley I first was a bit sceptical as my eyes became used of the sea of GT3s in funky colours at the 'Ring or in Spa, but maybe the classic look will make it a keeper Smiley
    I knew that the special smiley would come from you Smiley

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Porsche-Jeck:

--

We are sweltering in a sub-tropical -6 deg C here Smiley

the Terracotta Queen is back from Switzerland, no thanks to easyjet that left him and his family stranded in Geneva airport - and I know he's up for a visit April - May time., which suits me fine, depending on Builders who hopefully will have finished by then.

--

Paralizer:

Dreamcar, if I were to do this you would be obligated to come over that weekend. If I can fly from Yankeeland, you and the 'Queen can make a quick sojuorn.Smiley

--

Smiley  Smiley Smiley 

Sounds like weekdays at the 'Ring preferable - quieter with less nutters around.

--

I have just seen the post! Fantastic car!!! Enjoy it!!! 
    --
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

--
    Not to hijack the thread but...guess I shouldn't mention how I drove home topless with just a light jacket tonight and was bike riding over the weekend. There are a couple of positives to being 9000 km from the Ring.Smiley

--

Paralizer:

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black
    Not to hijack the thread but...guess I shouldn't mention how I drove home topless with just a light jacket tonight and was bike riding over the weekend. There are a couple of positives to being 9000 km from the Ring.Smiley

--
    Please be aware that, for a short moment right now, I hate you for this comment. Smiley

--

Matt C
    2005 997 C2S / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

Matt C:
    Paralizer:

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

--
    Please be aware that, for a short moment right now, I hate you for this comment. Smiley

--

Matt C
    2005 997 C2S / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778473 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442122 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262998 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261286 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85532 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880962 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816767 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM