Crown

Forum - Thread

I'm in heaven

My beloved 987S will get a big brother tomorrow Smiley
    My original search was for a CS (either 996 or 997), but a very lucky deal made me bite for this baby:

997 GT3 (May 07), Arctic Silver, Alcantara, PSE, Sport Chrono Plus, GT2-Carbon bucketseats + Schroth harness, second set of GT3-Wheels+rubber, third set of rubber, original Sport seats (I may add a rollcage later)

A dream is coming true Smiley
    Can't say much more now - I'm speechless and the sound of the beast from today's testdrive doesn't get out of my ears Smiley
    Stay tuned - pics and driving impressions (once the weather will be a bit more pleasant) will follow Smiley
    Nordschleife here I come again Smiley

Re: I'm in heaven

Wow Achim! That is wonderfull!

I read in your former posts about your trips to the 'Ring that you would love to have a GT3 for the track. Must be really awesome to make that dream come true. I'm really looking forward to reading comparisons between the behavior of the GT3 on the track compared to the boxey, especially since you're always been very enthusiastic about the boxster. Wow man!

-Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Brilliant news Porsche-Jeck!!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Pics please!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you mate!!!!!!!!!!!! 

--
    997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection: I love this car!!!

You get the biggest New Year Present Smiley

ENJOY and HAVE FUNNN !!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARRR Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis / 07 CARRERA S Meteor / 05 M3Coupe SilverGrau / 03 M3Coupe Bluewater / 96 M3Coupe EVO Estoril

Congratulations on your new acquisition! Smiley

--
    fritz

Holy Cow.... this is a great choice!

Looking forward to see pictures and "hear" that beast!

Congratulations to your choice!

Fantastic!!!! congrats P-J! Smiley
    Smiley

--

Sounds fantastic, congrat's! I have never seek one in silver before, just white and black. Plenty of pic's please!Smiley

Great news P-J.... really happy for you. Smiley

From the spec, it sounds like the car has seen quite a bit of track time?  I'm sure you will make certain there's no hidden drawbacks that come with the "very lucky deal"

Don't mean to be sceptical but it pays to be extra cautious when high emotions are in play.

Looking forward to the photies....Smiley

--
    "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

A huge congrats ,, buddy and wifieSmiley..

May you have many of safe enjoyable miles..

Take care.....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Congrats! I am even more happy for you since you are a true enthusiast and I am sure the car will be used to the full for what it is intended to! SmileySmiley

John H:

From the spec, it sounds like the car has seen quite a bit of track time?  I'm sure you will make certain there's no hidden drawbacks that come with the "very lucky deal"

Right, John - the seller is a NoS buddy (fantastic guy btw), who treated the baby like a raw egg (caroussell always on the outside, if that tells you something) Smiley
    Car is still under factory warranty and in superb condition Smiley
    I prefer such a car from an enthusiast over the poseur P-cars at D'dorf Kö a thousand times Smiley
    Of course I spent a visit to the PZ which maintains the car - actually the salesguy was green with envy trying to steal the car for himself for the negotiated price Smiley

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, its one of the biggest surprises I've had here in rennteam !!!! SmileySmiley

I'm so happy for you Achim !!!!!!!!!!! Smiley

Well, so you've moved from probably the best sportscar in terms of price, performance and fun factor (987S) to the best sportscar of the market (997GT3).....not a bad move !!!!!!! Smiley

Now I am excited !!!!!, thought we had a good x-mass present getting delivery of our 997 4S, but you?.....you are in heaven !!!!!!Smiley

Smiley

I wish you the best Achim, to you and to your new BEAST!!!!!!

Again, woooow !!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley

pics pics pics pics !!!!!!

AND BIG BIG CONGRATSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!! SmileySmiley

--

Holy molly, what a way to start the new year. I am green with envy too.

Congrats and all the best with that new baby.  Smiley

I am looking forward to your next reports about  trips to the NoS.

--

Matt C
    2005 997 C2S / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

amazing !!   I'm so happy you get to live your dream !!    be safe and enjoy it to the max !!

CONGRATS ! 

very cool, congrats !
    --
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Achim congrats!!!!

i'm happy for you,hope to meet you again at the Ring...what a end of a year!!!

ciaoo
    DarioSmiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

I am SO happy for you PJ !  Smiley But how will I now keep up with you on the ring Smiley
    --
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

That´s great news, Achim!Smiley

That´s one GT3 I know of that will certainly get driven like it is meant to beSmiley.

Thanks guys for all the nice wishes - much appreciated Smiley
    The beast sleeps in the garage now Smiley
    Even during the very cautious pick-up drive today (temps around freezing point - not really the natural habitat for the fat Pirellis Smiley) I could feel that the GT3 is not just some very fast metal - it's a living creature indeed Smiley
    Smiley
    The response this car provides is phenomenal, but at the same time it feels really comfy - a miracle from Weissach Smiley
    Love the GT2-Seats and the Alcantara on the steering wheel and shift knob Smiley
    The sound above 4,500 rpm is pure heaven Smiley
    I made some music for some following cars on the Autobahn and I could see the big grin on the faces of the passengers in my rearview mirror Smiley
    The clutch, the gearbox, the steering wheel feeling - so mechanical, screaming: bring me to track Smiley

@ Gnil: no worries my friend - I'll take some extensive instructor lessons before I'll be able to catch up with you at the 'Ring Smiley

Here are some first pics - sorry for the crappy quality Smiley I promise to make some nicer shots in the sunlight ASAP Smiley
    b-seite.jpg
    a-theke.jpg 
    c-sitze.jpg 
    d-int.jpg 
    f-cockpit.jpg 
    e-tach.jpg 

wow Achim, I'm very happy for this new beast in the garage. The combination is just INSANE Smiley , ........those GT2 seats look amazing, where they pre-installed??? or can you order them now from factory for the gt3 ??.

You must be the happiest man on earth !!!!! :)

Well I hope we get to see more pics in 2009 !!! Smiley

I'm proud this is my last post for this 2008 year, I hope this car gives nothing, but happiness !!!

Smiley

--

Fabulous pics - what a great looking beast! 2009 at the Nordschleife is going to be great fun for you! Lucky you! Enjoy my friend - and once again, many congrats!!!
    --
    997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection: I love this car!!!

Awesome , Achim.....

Maybe touring in the summer of 2009 , I would love to see you and the beast in the flesh , I will keep you posted..

Enjoy , buddy.....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Porsche-Jeck:

My beloved 987S will get a big brother tomorrow Smiley
    My original search was for a CS (either 996 or 997), but a very lucky deal made me bite for this baby:

997 GT3 (May 07), Arctic Silver, Alcantara, PSE, Sport Chrono Plus, GT2-Carbon bucketseats + Schroth harness, second set of GT3-Wheels+rubber, third set of rubber, original Sport seats (I may add a rollcage later)

A dream is coming true Smiley
    Can't say much more now - I'm speechless and the sound of the beast from today's testdrive doesn't get out of my ears Smiley
    Stay tuned - pics and driving impressions (once the weather will be a bit more pleasant) will follow Smiley
    Nordschleife here I come again Smiley

What a great way to start 2009 Smiley

Aaaarrghhh!!!! Really jealous!! Even SWMBO is envious!! Many congratulations - if we weren't coming to Germany in 2009 now we DEFINITELY are!! Smiley Smiley Smiley(April) ? Smiley

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

Fabulous car! I love the GT2 bucket seats, the color and the stripe! What a great way to start 2009! SmileySmiley

Excellent car!  Enjoy it and the New Year in great health!!
    --
    73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs) Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2

Very nice, congratulations. :) I bet you can't wait for this winter to be over soon. Smiley
    --
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

MASTER PJ Smiley 

What a huge surprise when i oppen the post to read it. How many times did i hear you saying, YES, NO. Maybe.

Finally with 2009, your dream come true, what a pleasant gift you made yourselfSmiley. You were already very good with the boxter, now you are going to be even better, but watch out, This are two totally different cars but i'm sure you know it.Smiley

You made the fisrt day of the year been one of my best day. News like this are just SmileySmileySmiley

Looking forward to see you on the ring with it soon. I'm smiling for you and specially really, REALLY happy for you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MATESmiley

I see you having the same GT3 stickers as i do.

--
    2005 Cayenne Turbo 2006 Mini Cooper S 2007 GT3

Some teasers for you for the L O N G winter - because I'm jealous!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

n-ring start!.jpg

GT3-1.jpg

GT3-2.jpg

GT3-3.jpg

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

P-J, you mentioned in the initial post that you may want to add a rollcage later.

You might want to check the floor of your car to see if it was fitted ex-factory with the reinforcing plates and mounting studs really meant only for the Clubsport version. There were some posts here some time ago suggesting that some non-Clubsport GT3s were so equipped, making it much easier to retrofit a cage.

You just might be one of the lucky ones. Smiley

--
    fritz

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776694 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441509 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262673 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260810 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85083 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5497 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880520 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815648 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM