Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Please welcome Eleanor to the household...

Latest edition! I found another car that is in even better condition than the original one I looked at. The colour scheme is also nicer IMO. It's also a 5speed manual! What do you think? I should be taking delivery sometime early next week.

Re: Please welcome Eleanor to the household...

great car....i prefer the 65/66 though. what engine and tranny ? does it have the tcp suspension ? go baby go shifter ?
    --
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Nice choice Mike, and a real departure from your current cars too. Should be a completely different experience for you.Smiley

I like the color better also. We will definately need video of this with good sound quality.

This car reminds me of the cover of the aurora HO electric car set I had as a kid. It had a late sixties mustang on the cover in a smiliar paint scheme. Those sets were a ton of fun.

check this out

She looks gorgeous, Mike. Smiley

Well, it really was about time, that we see something new from you. Smiley
    --

Petition: Bring back the Smirk-Smiley!

gratz Mike! Its always exciting to see your family get a new member ;)

Are you kidding me Mike SmileySmiley.  I love this car.

I even tried to order one couple years ago but after "Unique Performance" deal and legal battles in Dallas I figured God was watching over me.

Mike,
    This car will be around a Million Dollar car in a decade.

What a beauty can't stop looking at the pix.

--
    Happy Driving

Nice Mike!  I like these retro American muscle cars.  What's next, an original GT40? Smiley

intouch1:
    great car....i prefer the 65/66 though. what engine and tranny ? does it have the tcp suspension ? go baby go shifter ?
    --
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

I have no clue. Here is a shot of the engine.

Post many many many pics upon arrival !  Smiley

OMG Mike, what a choice for next car.. not one of your fastest but hell what a history and name. This thing will turn heads.

You can actually reproduce the whole gone in 60 seconds movie if you ever feel like stealing your own cars and video taping the action.

Great car, can't wait to see beautiful scenery shots!!!

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

racerx:

I like the color better also. We will definately need video of this with good sound quality.

This car reminds me of the cover of the aurora HO electric car set I had as a kid. It had a late sixties mustang on the cover in a smiliar paint scheme. Those sets were a ton of fun.

check this out

That was quite humerous! Yes I will take a video as soon as I can. The shop is just installing airconditioning for me, it gets too hot here in Africa especially this time of year to be without aircon!

Ron (Houston):

Are you kidding me Mike SmileySmiley.  I love this car.

I even tried to order one couple years ago but after "Unique Performance" deal and legal battles in Dallas I figured God was watching over me.

Mike,
    This car will be around a Million Dollar car in a decade.

What a beauty can't stop looking at the pix.

--
    Happy Driving

Thank you Ron, I'm very excited - something totally new and different for me. I must say this is one of few old school cars that I find very appealing. As others have said the whole retro-ness of this car really unique!

What's nice is this one has one of the few last kits Unique Performance had made before they went under.

WAY:
    Nice Mike!  I like these retro American muscle cars.  What's next, an original GT40? Smiley
    Thanks WAY, who knows, but it will be a long time from now. I need to add more garages next year. I've got one left after this!

Atzporsche:

OMG Mike, what a choice for next car.. not one of your fastest but hell what a history and name. This thing will turn heads.

You can actually reproduce the whole gone in 60 seconds movie if you ever feel like stealing your own cars and video taping the action.

Great car, can't wait to see beautiful scenery shots!!!

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Thanks Atz, hahaha recreate the movie with my own cars. Thanks for that good laugh. I'm still a good few cars short of 50 Smiley

gt40 is very cool. i went the other way and settled for a cobra. i've had it for over a month and not taken pics yet. will do so today or tomorrow.
    --

intouch1:
    gt40 is very cool. i went the other way and settled for a cobra. i've had it for over a month and not taken pics yet. will do so today or tomorrow.
    --
    pics or ban! haha

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Nice Mike!

Looks better in this colour than the other one too.... Congrats!

Congrats, your choice of cars is impeccable!

ok, may be i'm starting to like this beast! Smiley

that lateral shot looks amazing, very rare looking and a ¨bad-boy look¨

--

BC:

Nice Mike!

Looks better in this colour than the other one too.... Congrats!

I will be down in CT with the car next week for a couple weeks. Be sure to wave hello if you see me drive by Smiley

Alex18_996CC:

ok, may be i'm starting to like this beast! Smiley

that lateral shot looks amazing, very rare looking and a ¨bad-boy look¨

--
    I knew you would come around eventually Smiley

Very cool.... But for all those who may have a taste for buying an old muscle car, keep an eye on the values of the ORIGINAL Shelby Mustangs. They keep trickling downward with the economy. Those are the real investments... What the future holds for U.P. Eleanors is not predictable at this time. Don't hold your breath on it ever being a "million dollar car"... Unless we hit a span of crazy inflation for awhile!! Nope, buy an Eleanor because you LIKE IT, and no other reason. :)

--
    If you've got an issue, here's a tissue...

hey mike, who really cares. cars are meant to be driven and authenticity is really not that much of a concern for cars that will be 'out on the road'.

my superformance mkIII is far superior in chassis design and quality than the originals. it would actually drive circles around an original.

i am restomodding a 65 mustang fastback in germany. it's having the complete driveline and engine from a 2003 msutang cobra transplanted. lookwise it will be a gt350 clone.

it will look the part and drive the part....couldn't care less if it's an original.

now if we were talking a merc 300 sl or a bmw 328 then yes, it would be all about originality.

--

69bossnine:

Very cool.... But for all those who may have a taste for buying an old muscle car, keep an eye on the values of the ORIGINAL Shelby Mustangs. They keep trickling downward with the economy. Those are the real investments... What the future holds for U.P. Eleanors is not predictable at this time. Don't hold your breath on it ever being a "million dollar car"... Unless we hit a span of crazy inflation for awhile!! Nope, buy an Eleanor because you LIKE IT, and no other reason. :)

--
    If you've got an issue, here's a tissue...

Thank bossnine, appreciate an input from an avid collector such as yourself. Like I said our market for these kind of cars are MICROSCOPIC! I doubt we will have more than 3-4 original Shelby Mustangs if even any that I know of here. So this is about as good as it gets for me. Also if I want to register and drive the vehicle here, it has to have been registered a good few years back before this stupid LHD law was passed on. This is the case as this was originally a GT350 that was registered decades ago, basically only the shell was kept. Call it a "loophole" if you will. Either way at least it will be seeing time on the roads!

I figured if I can score with this being a good collectors item than, great otherwise as you have stated, I purely bought this because I LIKE IT Smiley

intouch1:

hey mike, who really cares. cars are meant to be driven and authenticity is really not that much of a concern for cars that will be 'out on the road'.

my superformance mkIII is far superior in chassis design and quality than the originals. it would actually drive circles around an original.

i am restomodding a 65 mustang fastback in germany. it's having the complete driveline and engine from a 2003 msutang cobra transplanted. lookwise it will be a gt350 clone.

it will look the part and drive the part....couldn't care less if it's an original.

now if we were talking a merc 300 sl or a bmw 328 then yes, it would be all about originality.

--
    My sentiments exactly! I will take a pic of the under carridge of the car, it's so clean I could eat off it! Everything is new and improved that was "transplanted" into the vehicle.

OMG, fantastic!

love the color scheme!

enjoy

nick

Congrats! Looks fantastic and is for sure a car for a fanatic. 

Well done Mike, good decision. The car looks so clean, better than most new cars!

The car has been totally rebuilt. The under carridge is as clean as the body, believe me. The car is SPOTLESS!

It is just getting aircon installed at the shop and it will be on it's way down to me at the sea by Thursday hopefully. Be ready for lots and lots of pics!

The car has been totally rebuilt. The under carridge is as clean as the body, believe me. The car is SPOTLESS!

It is just getting aircon installed at the shop and it will be on it's way down to me at the sea by Thursday hopefully. Be ready for lots and lots of pics!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774693 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440266 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262027 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260291 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84826 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879321 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814131 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM