Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - Official Pictures & Specs

This is the problem "area" in my opinion, it is a mix of 911, Bugatti, Bentley and Volvo. The designer could have improved this by changing the rear light design and I bet with you guys that this is exactly what is going to happen with the first facelift. Smiley

problem.jpg

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Good pics Smiley

You look at this and you think...  "hmmmm... not bad!"

Then you look at this and think... "huh! what were they thinking?!"  wtf.gif Smiley Smiley

--

When I was saw it in Weissach I came away with the following:

1) It looks better in person than in pictures, but the rear is still horrible.

2) The sound of the Turbo with PDK is intoxicating

3) The interior is nice but busy...reminds me a lot of the Vertu mobile phones. 

--
    Thanks, MJSpeed

..but here it does'nt look bad

RC:

This is the problem "area" in my opinion, it is a mix of 911, Bugatti, Bentley and Volvo. The designer could have improved this by changing the rear light design and I bet with you guys that this is exactly what is going to happen with the first facelift. Smiley

problem.jpg

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Christian,

every facelift changes the front and rear lights! So for my one Euro I wouldn´t get more then one back :)

--

AM

RC:

problem.jpg

--

The rear lights remind me of the new Nissan 370Z.

370z_06_800.jpg

--
    Happy Driving

Re: Panamera - Not a good start

New Image  M & V  Design.JPG

New Image  M & V  Design  02.JPG

Here my P-shop ( and expectation since ' mule / cocoon '  days )

It looks the same??? Smiley
    --

RC:
    --

Rear lights lowered 4-5 cm  (1st pic. only right one ; 2nd pic. both)

Misha011:
    RC:
    --

Rear lights lowered 4-5 cm  (1st pic. only right one ; 2nd pic. both)

The second picture doesn´t look good. The non-photoshop is better in my opinion.

--

AM

First pic reminds me of this one... Smiley

quasimodo.jpg

--

Back again!  Smiley

^^

Lol, good oneSmiley

Rossi:

First pic reminds me of this one... Smiley

quasimodo.jpg

--

Back again!  Smiley

You mean for sure, the first picture of the F 140 successor, don´t you?

Smiley

Smiley

--

AM

The problem is not with the tail lights; it's with the curve of the roofline, as it meets the top of the hatch. Instead of a smooth flowing line, you have a seeming break in the curve, which gives the car an unappealing hump-back look. And I don't think a facelift can fix that; it is determined by the rear headroom needs.

The problem in my opinion is with the side view, not the rear view, And it is a problem when you are looking at the car "at street level". The shots that are taken from a higher angle hide the problem I'm talking about.

1233006328208Pana Rr. cut.JPG

1233006483340Pana Fr. cut.JPG

I thought that taillamp/corner treatment is more Cayman like than anything else, no one else saw the similiarity?

Anyway I just got official Panamera booklet from the mailman this morning, and I finally realize why the rear hatch/wing was under such heavy cover, the wing actually rise up and then extends sideways, kind cool.

I have to say, after checking out the booklet, my interest on this car is growing greatly, the front reminds me of the Corvette, a car with I love and missed, the rear looks like the Cayman which I also liked because of the deeply scuptured rear corners, the interior looks hightech and classy, especially the center console, it looks just like that expensive high end phone Vertu.

And the overall concept of the car is like the MB CLS55, another car  which I positively LOVED.

I am actually on my way to the dealer on a seperate matter but I might just pop down my deposit for one right away.

Just in case you haven't seen this. Smiley

Panamera..."deployed" rear wing.

wing.jpg

--

Here in Canada at least, the word is the pricing with be close to the Cayenne.

CAD$80k for the V6, CAD$100k for the 4S and CAD$120k for the Turbo, pre-options of course.

Locally there is a 10 person waitlist, I guess it's the shortest Porsche waitlist ever, but the surprising thing is the 1st guy on the list had his deposit down for the car since Sept 05.

Hi Whoopsy,

Don't dream of Panamera being priced like the Cayenne .... Check the other thread.

Regarding the size of the waiting list, it's not what I was told...

Alain,

Canadian market, especially here in Vancouver, is quite different than anywhere else, there is only one dealer servicing a population of almost  2mil people. We also get very few allocations, annual 911/Boxter sales is only around 300, around the same number for Cayennes, so there will be a wait list for any Porsche product, no matter how bad :)

Just for comparison, 5 months before the 997 Turbo officially goes on sale here, the wait list was over 40 long, and the dealer only gets 2 of them a month. Only recently was there a 997 Turbo arrives at the dealership WITHOUT a taker.

Regarding pricing, Candian pricing also differs from Europe, and differs from US also, Porsche price them quite a bit higher than US, so with the limited allocation plus the higher price, Canadian dealers are losing sales to the US dealers, so my source is telling me Porsche will be setting the list price more inline with the Cayenne here, and it will be different than European pricing.

Mind you, even at $120kCAD list for the Turbo, a mildly optioned one with put it squarely into the $140k range, a hardtop 997 Turbo list @ $168kCAD.

EricAlain:

Hi Whoopsy,

Don't dream of Panamera being priced like the Cayenne .... Check the other thread.

Regarding the size of the waiting list, it's not what I was told...

The waiting list may be different from market to market but I think that some earlier pre-orders will be cancelled due to the current financial crisis worldwide. I also think that many people, like myself, initially thought that the Panamera will be priced similar to the Cayenne and I suppose that all rumors are indicating that this ain't going to happen, unfortunately. 20000 Panamera in the first year? I can't argue with production estimates but I'm really not sure if the cars finally going brandnew to customers will be in that range. I also get the feeling, the Cayenne is the best example, that numbers don't say much these days. Only one thing is for sure: apparently Porsche US new car sales dropped by 35% or so last month. It will be a tough year for Porsche, no matter how many good cars they put on the market. If they ignore the current situation (like some dealers, incl. mine, seem to do), at the end of this year, it will be a real nightmare for them.
    --

well does anybody knows the official numbers of performance of the panamera turbo...

like 0 to 100km/h

0 to 160km/h

0 to 200km/h  ???

any figures?

Nice pictures Smiley

Pictures like these indicate that the Panamera might be quite an attractive looking car in reality. At least the design is pretty unique and not "flawed" like past "innovative" designs like those produced by Bangle & Co. Smiley

Agree that these are nice pictures, and would also comment that--in my personal opinion--Porsche pictures can often distort the image of the actual car.  When taken from a front or back angle especially, pictures can falsely enlarge or distort reality, giving the car the impression of having a long "nose" or a "bulbous" rear.  This is not peculiar to the Panamera--camera angles on other Porsche models can cause the same effect. 

Guys,

I have seen the Panamera twice in real life. In a dark colour (black and dark green) and without camouflage the car looks great from every perspective. 

No way a BMW 7-series is looking better.

--

AM

ALDO:

Guys,

I have seen the Panamera twice in real life. In a dark colour (black and dark green) and without camouflage the car looks great from every perspective. 

No way a BMW 7-series is looking better.

--

AM

The previous 7 series although ugly, it had some personality.

The current one doesn't look anything. It is an automotive non-event lookswise.

However, many 7 series are company owned, whereas the Panamera will have to attract private buyers spending their own money.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

The fact is, none of these 3 pictures shows the side view, which is THE flawed view imho. These are all great angles, but none of them would show the "hunchback" problem, where the roof ends and the hatchback begins.

Kamal 

i certainly agree that while until now seemingly not the prettiest child it is far more interesting than either 7 series or s-class. even the a8 is boring in comparison.

we should classify it for what it is....a 4 door luxury limo....then its not such a bad proposition after all.

surely the 4porte is better looking.......but we all know which of these two is by far the better car.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690535 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409793 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256044 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235283 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65650 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858465 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774749 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM