Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

a Performante in dark blue with orange callipers and stitching would do me well

Eh, only thing that piqued my interest was the bronze plenum. Back is similar to the Super Trofeo I guess.

The design of the rear wing is not nice IMO.

Different with the screaming NA V10 ;-)

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

noone1:

Eh, only thing that piqued my interest was the bronze plenum. Back is similar to the Super Trofeo I guess.

Methinks you will like the 720S better Smiley. McLaren have upped their game stylistically and performance wise, but I doubt it will do a sub 7 minute  Nordschleife - not that it matters of course. Its just another data point in terms of the whole attraction of a car for a buyer.

why is that? Because of what was posted on the gt2rs thread?

crayphile:
    noone1:

Methinks you will like the 720S better Smiley. McLaren have upped their game stylistically and performance wise, but I doubt it will do a sub 7 minute  Nordschleife - not that it matters of course. Its just another data point in terms of the whole attraction of a car for a buyer.

I can't do 720 in standard Huracan, so being able to do 650 is no different. I just like new things more than fast things. Performante it's nothing new design wise.

That said, I also don't their claim. They claimed sub 7 min for the SV too, which is way quicker than a 675 lt, but the SV never performs anywhere near that level in any test. 

IMO the SV and performante times are not in standard cars. Like I said, performante is a bigger leap from the Huracan than a 488is from a 430? Seems unlikely, not to mention it should be even harder to improve as times get lower and lower.

RC:

Have you guys already seen this video? I badly want one... no

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/video/lamborghini-huracan-performante-imola-tracktest-11661578.html

I totally hate that wing. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    RC:

Have you guys already seen this video? I badly want one... no

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/video/lamborghini-huracan-performante-imola-tracktest-11661578.html

I totally hate that wing. Smiley

Well, I guess you hate any wing (like I did before). You warm up to it and if you can't, get the Huracan facelift in 2018/2019. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

An info dump compilation from LP, made up of stuff we already know and a bit we don't:

640 HP, no more, but it's an extreme car, focused just on destroying lap time record on an handling track and on top performances.

Both of the early reviews released are useless. Could've been written by someone who just went to the preview , with lots of information and did not actually drive the car. Zero insight as to how the car handles. 5 words on the SPORT mode in ANIMA which is a 'drift mode setting'!? These are very crucial and important things to describe when testdriving a car! A short comparison to the king of driving and driftable cars (458 Speciale) would've been great. Shocking and disappointing reviews by so called "professionals".

Front bumper has several layers, a tiny bit messy but it's effect for the new aerodynamics. Front-on view is VERY aggressive!! Monster. Low, wide, flat. Reminds me of Murci SV, actually come to think of it.

Not a two-tone colour, which some mock-ups seems to have. Nor was it mentioned as an option, although with ad personam sure you can get anything.

Rear Diffusor is serious business, the high exhaust pipes (like on 430 Scuderia, in terms of positioning) look like cannons! AWESOME!

Side view, as many spy pics are, looks fantastic as well. Exactly how a big boy Lamborghini should look.

Wing, as you can actually see in the spy pics, is very steep. I was surprised how steep it is angled. I think the wing looks fantastic. Works very well in the design , and is very trick, pretty much what has been explained in those early driving review articles. 

The rear engine clamshell drops in quiet deep (close to engine), which I'm certain is for the air-flow for that trick wing.

It is a beast. 640hp. Cold start and idle, it sounded DEVILISHLY ANGRY!! Those poor Turbo cars sound like a Prius in comparison. 

SPORT mode, was dubbed a drift fun mode, yet no quote on actual power distribution 'limits' between front and rear driven axles. CORSA => full attack mode, where electric steering will be totally linear, NOT variable. I would still get it without the electric steering.

If I had to describe the car in three words they would be purposeful refined aggression.

The car doesn't look drastically different from the standard Huracan (expect lots of initial bitching LOL) the changes are subtle, neat and refined but the subtle changes make it look phenomenal to me, it's not Aventador SV crazy looking, it has it's own unique identity, it's a grown up Huracan ready to kick some serious ass!

The car we viewed was presented in green, one of my least favorite colors, had it been painted in a color which I like I probably would've stolen the keys and try to drive away in it LOL

As I said it looks purposeful, ready to pounce, looks fast just standing still and at the same time not over the top.

The rear end looks sensational to me, I love it, the whole rear diffuser, the wing, the rear decklid, the vents in the lid, the details are incredible, I wish it wasn't reverse parked that close to a wall, I wanted to see it from the distance, I bet it will look even better.

On a separate note I will take back whatever I said about the carbon fibre plywood, I am sure some will still hate it as I used to but for some reason whatever they've done with it just works, the way they combined it with the black plastic and painted surfaces it just looks fantastic. 

The interior is so good, all plastic gone and lots of carbon and alcantara everywhere, I love the sports carbon seats, I wish they used the compressed carbon fiber for them rather than the standard carbon it would've matched the rest of the interior carbon better but that's just nitpicking, the infotainment/dash display will be a hit with everyone, the dash display changes according to the driving mode with a very cool display in Corsa, overall a great place to be in. 

They talked a lot about the tech which went into this car, I won't get into it because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, all I can say is WOW, this thing will be a weapon and I can not wait to drive it.

I hope I said a lot without saying too much for more than one reason, one of them being the respect I have for Lamborghini not trying to interfere with the way they want to present their product to their customers, second I don't want to spoil it for anyone, raise or lower expectations, it's better if everyone waits to experience it for themselves preferably live and behind the wheel, also all my comments are in my opinion only!

All I can say is that you wont look at a Ferrari, McLaren or a Porsche in the same manner you looked at them before if at all and they better watch their backs icon_mrgreen.gif 

I think Lamborghini wanted a track weapon, hence the name Performante, I personally think they've done a fantastic job and they have a real monster on their hands. I can not wait for the next chapter!

just got back from seeing the car today at 12pm in los angeles. they make you sign some massive NDA, and i know they're on the forums (cause we were talking about it today... so i can't say much. a lot of the speculation on the other thread about active aero, etc are all pretty spot on. 

that being said, the car is TRULY special. prior to the Performante, i've always felt like lamborghini's were about lifestyle, flash, and the attention (looks). yes, i know it's a SUPER powerful car, but i've been biased to think that mclaren takes the cake when it comes to technical performance or being a "driver's" car... but this Performante, specially at it's supposed price point, REALLY takes that away from mclaren in my opinion. if someone asked me (prior today's presentation) what would be your #1 favorite driver's car under $400k, i would have said 675LT without really any hesitation. but now, for a pretty significant chunk of change BELOW that mark, i REALLY think the new Huracan Performante is the NEW benchmark when it comes to PERFORMANCE/Driver's car! truly truly special. lambo's R&D team were NOT messing around with this car.

went to see it today as well.. I had a chance to discuss at length one of the senior engineer that made his presentation. Interesting to note he was part of the diablo se30 back in the day... The Performante he says development took 2 years and he was really proud of the results and what they achieved. Given concept of the aero was thought up years before, kudos to the engineers as they are making great strides. Without saying further, there is a visual element shared with the se30. Good car and I would seriously consider this once I have chance to test drive it and compare to normal huracan in the future.
    ent to the event.. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more: getting to see the car, or getting lots of 1-on-1 time with C-Suite Lambo execs. Great experience.

This car really is a game changer for Lambo, there is so much more work into this car versus other SV/SL type stuff we've seen previously. It seems like they really have the balance right -- finally giving us the driver's car that we've never really had (as best we can tell), without sacrificing much in the way of drivability to do it.

The exhaust on the car sounds wicked. Normally I plan on purchasing an aftermarket exhaust to uncork things but I'm not sure this one needs it.

I have always been turned off by the rear end of the Huracan. This one fixes that issue, and gives your eyes a lot to take in.

As far as seats go... The fixed Sport seats seem pretty good as far as these things go, but having broad shoulders, I found myself a bit pinched up high. I had to round my shoulders to get my upper back to make decent contact with the upper rear of the seat. They felt better than the Gallardo SL seats from what I can remember, but that was many years ago. FYI it's a no-cost option to instead select the power/adjustable seats, but you will lose a little headroom, and you will gain 50 lbs total.

yep what they are saying is they learned a lot from the program and the SV was 1st generation and now this is the 2nd!  great time to be part of team lambo!

Another thing, Lambo claims 640hp for the new car, but they also claimed 610 for the base Huracan, and fabspeed tested theirs at 556 at the wheels.  So this could probably take the path similar to porsche and be slightly underrated.

One final thing. someone from LT mentioned something about the ring

No, the total lenght is still the same 20,832 km. The modifications made have addresses the safety like new railguards, FIA approved fences and more room for driver errors. On a lenght of 500m of the "Flugplatz" section the track has been flattened as over the years 5 waves have developed on the surface (at the braking point).

I believe that this particular change let the drivers brake later and heavier as the car will stay more stable. In the last years many drivers lost their car there. This renovation may result in better times but not more than 0.7 sec or so over the whole distance.

Also remember, the days Lambo did their tests also other teams were there including Aston and McLaren and none was that fast like the H. Lambo drove to and over the limits till they crashed the Performante into a railguard

With the idea of different aerodynamic flows on each side of the car Lambo went another way than others and I'm positive that this can be key on the Ring

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2018-lamborghini-huracan-superleggera-prototype-nurburgring-crash-rumored-111913.html

RE: dyno results.

They're meaningless and inaccurate. Without an engine dyno and multiple engines, there is no way to tell if a car is underrated. They just take a wild guess as to what the drivetrain loss is. If you're off by a few percent in estimating parasitic loss and your engine is within the few percent of tolerance allowed +/-, then suddenly you have everyone claiming such and such car is so underrated or overrated, yada yada.

Dynos that most shops used are only good for doing comparisons between pulls, assuming they have a very controlled and professional set up.

It boggles my mind that some shops that do such major engine work and such don't invest in engine dynos.

kingjr9000:

Another thing, Lambo claims 640hp for the new car, but they also claimed 610 for the base Huracan, and fabspeed tested theirs at 556 at the wheels.  So this could probably take the path similar to porsche and be slightly underrated.

The V10 engine doesn't really produce more power. Usually.

Early V10 engines, especially in the R8, produced under(!) 590 hp. Apparently there was an issue with the software and the throttle body not opening fully up. After that issue had been fixed, the engines produced slightly over 600 hp but never more than 615 hp as far as I heard from an Audi Sport engineer. The V10 is a n/a engine, power claims are pretty accurate, usually.

It is of course possible that the 640 hp in the new Performante are underrated and that the car actually produces 650 or even 660 (not very likely). Does it really matter though? 20 horses more? I doubt it.

I am very curious about the straight line performance (reviews) and the gearing ratio and if they changed something, including shifting times.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

noone1:

RE: dyno results.

They're meaningless and inaccurate. Without an engine dyno and multiple engines, there is no way to tell if a car is underrated. They just take a wild guess as to what the drivetrain loss is. If you're off by a few percent in estimating parasitic loss and your engine is within the few percent of tolerance allowed +/-, then suddenly you have everyone claiming such and such car is so underrated or overrated, yada yada.

Dynos that most shops used are only good for doing comparisons between pulls, assuming they have a very controlled and professional set up.

It boggles my mind that some shops that do such major engine work and such don't invest in engine dynos.

That may explain something about ferrari's dyno results then. Do you know if mclaren and porsche do engine dyno or wheel dyno when their making the cars?  

RC:
    kingjr9000:

The V10 engine doesn't really produce more power. Usually.

Early V10 engines, especially in the R8, produced under(!) 590 hp. Apparently there was an issue with the software and the throttle body not opening fully up. After that issue had been fixed, the engines produced slightly over 600 hp but never more than 615 hp as far as I heard from an Audi Sport engineer. The V10 is a n/a engine, power claims are pretty accurate, usually.

It is of course possible that the 640 hp in the new Performante are underrated and that the car actually produces 650 or even 660 (not very likely). Does it really matter though? 20 horses more? I doubt it.

I am very curious about the straight line performance (reviews) and the gearing ratio and if they changed something, including shifting times.

That reminds me. Over on LP, one of the guys said that sometime around 2019, we could be getting a new special edition "Aventador GT" or "Aventador LM" with over 800hp.  He said that lambo said that engine could easily produce that much.

According to the people I talked to, incl. Daniel Abt (ABT will soon offer their first new R8 engine tuning), the current V10 engine in it's original n/a form (without supercharger/turbo mods) is good for at least 650 hp (not easy to achieve though, ABT for example will use some sort of fuel cooling system to be able to operate with a higher injection pressure, to improve thermodynamics). With some internal mods probably up to 700 hp but thats it. I cannot say much about the V12 though because I never was interested and never asked around.

I am very curious if the Performante engine parts will be "useable" do modify the regular Huracan and R8.

I know a guy in Germany who uses parts from the new V10 engine to modify and improve power on the "old" V10 in the previous R8 generation. Seems to work pretty well, although there is no street legal certification for that. angry

--

Messing with this atmo V10 trying to get some "claimed" 20hp more is a waste of time and money.

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:

Messing with this atmo V10 trying to get some "claimed" 20hp more is a waste of time and money.

And a crime !

J.Seven:

Who is messing with it? Smiley

--

love the bronze engine cam covers of the Performante 

kingjr9000:

That may explain something about ferrari's dyno results then. Do you know if mclaren and porsche do engine dyno or wheel dyno when their making the cars?  

All car makers uses engine dyno to test their engines, a proper engine dyno, that's the only way to accurately measure results.

Other people and tuners uses chassis dyno, and chassis dyno are not good for accurate results.

--

RC:
    J.Seven:

Tuners.

--

J.Seven

Whoopsy:
    kingjr9000:

All car makers uses engine dyno to test their engines, a proper engine dyno, that's the only way to accurately measure results.

Other people and tuners uses chassis dyno, and chassis dyno are not good for accurate results.

Smiley

This will be THE fastest Lambo ever, even beating the 918 it is said. That is impressive! angel

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

J.Seven:
    RC:
    J.Seven:

Tuners.

ABT isn't exactly a tuner. They have very close ties to Audi Sport, one reason you can actually even lease a tuned ABT car from VW Leasing. The replacement warranty from ABT is also taking over the original Audi warranty and there is no warranty loss or lease punishment if you get an ABT tuned car. Not sure if this is valid for other countries as well but in Germany, ABT is the only way to go tuning an Audi.

--

Atzporsche:

This will be THE fastest Lambo ever, even beating the 918 it is said. That is impressive! angel

Pffttt...the R8 GT will be faster...of course. Smiley Smiley

--

This would not be coherent in terms of brand positioning within the VW Group, I guess.

I think VW will make sure that the Lambo will be a little bit faster, probably through the active aero innovation which they will not put on the R8 GT.

Just my bet...

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

GoHardGT3RS:

This would not be coherent in terms of brand positioning within the VW Group, I guess.

I think VW will make sure that the Lambo will be a little bit faster, probably through the active aero innovation which they will not put on the R8 GT.

Just my bet...

If the R8 GT is coming...there is still a big if according to my Audi dealer...it will have everything the Huracan Performante has but of course adapted to the body of the R8. Tech specs will be pretty much identical.

--

body/shape of R8 is quite different, so Audi will need to rework quite a lot of the Performante Aero bits

Most race cars look different too, but they all manage to incorporate the same effective aero results. If Audi wants the same aero results as Lamborghini, they'll make it so.

There is really nothing ground breaking about the aero in the Performante. I can say this even without having seen it yet because in reality aero technology is not new, nor is the technology. It's just a planned update that they drag their feet on including so they can keep upselling the latest performance.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM