Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Family car - Volvo XC90

Thanks Lars, indeed both the exterior and interior design are absolutely beautiful, I would have probably ordered it with these same specs myself. kiss 6.4 l/100km is very impressive. I noticed your car is rebadged even though it is a hybrid.

Ziggy:

Thanks Lars, indeed both the exterior and interior design are absolutely beautiful, I would have probably ordered it with these same specs myself. kiss 6.4 l/100km is very impressive. I noticed your car is rebadged even though it is a hybrid.

re-badged? My car is not badged at all Smiley  That's the Zermain thing... better take the badges off and go decent Smiley

Lars997:
    Ziggy:

re-badged? My car is not badged at all Smiley  That's the Zermain thing... better take the badges off and go decent Smiley

Yes of course de-badged.  My point was since it is a hybrid and assuming the badge shows it, it should be a good thing. But I am not familiar with the German thinking on this subject. 

Ziggy:
    Lars997:
    Ziggy:

Yes of course de-badged.  My point was since it is a hybrid and assuming the badge shows it, it should be a good thing. But I am not familiar with the German thinking on this subject. 

I wanted to have the clean rear. Not letters, nothing disturbing. I like the rear design, but those letters are disturbing. In Germany you can recognize that Hybrid on the number plate ending with an "E" for electric vehicle. So - I kind of show that I take care on the environment Smiley

Lars997:
    Ziggy:
    Lars997:
    Ziggy:

I wanted to have the clean rear. Not letters, nothing disturbing. I like the rear design, but those letters are disturbing. In Germany you can recognize that Hybrid on the number plate ending with an "E" for electric vehicle. So - I kind of show that I take care on the environment Smiley

I agree with you regarding the badge hindering the clean lines! Thanks for the info about the "E" on the plate.

Congratulations Lars, for all the "fun taking" about Volvo their latest generation cars are a huge improvement over what has gone before, my V40 is the last remaining older style with the confusing multi button  controls, the new big Tesla like touch panel is a leap forward. As a large family carrier the XC90 is up there with the best.

Interior  style and ambience is way ahead of Porsche Cayenne and Macan, whilst German cars always have top grade material quality the overall effect tends to be very austere and clinical IMO.

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 D4 R Design daily drive

I love these SUVs, very tempted by one actually.. It was only a matter of time before one of us got one, and of course had the balls to post pics of a volvo smiley All kidding aside, I love this car, it's a stunning design and amazing quality.. Mercedes and BMW better pay attention! 

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Very nice Lars, congrats! and like the color combo too wink

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Congrats, Lars. Very much for the man with the hairy chest blush indecision..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Nice car. They are a bit pricey IMO, but overall nice design.

throt:

Lets not dig deeper into how you know that buddy SmileySmiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Congrats  Lars, car looks amazing, very nice specs, love the interior finish. How much power does it have? How about suspension, it's hydraulic? Does it have that upscale feel? With 22" wheels it will look even better , wish you many happy miles with it Smiley

--

J.Seven

Lars997:

.. .even I feel a bit displaced with a "Volvo" at Rennteam angry

Well at least I'm in good company now! Smiley

--

My mum just told me 5 minutes ago that she ordered a new Volvo V60 Cross Country. In white, obviously indecision She is not on RT yet though 

--

bluelines:

My mum just told me 5 minutes ago that she ordered a new Volvo V60 Cross Country. In white, obviously indecision She is not on RT yet though 

Looking more and more like we'll need a Volvo board here soon....Smiley

--

Blue, you may not have the fastest white car on RT anymore  

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Atzporsche:

Blue, you may not have the fastest white car on RT anymore  

Smiley

--

throt:

Buddy... you are talking of Carlos - I'm smooth like a Baby Smiley

J.Seven:

Congrats  Lars, car looks amazing, very nice specs, love the interior finish. How much power does it have? How about suspension, it's hydraulic? Does it have that upscale feel? With 22" wheels it will look even better , wish you many happy miles with it Smiley

It claims 421HP and 680NM. It has the air-ride and you have different options to have it low, mid or up. In the lower position, the car gets more firm, too. It has the upscale feel - reminds me to the ride in a 7series - well, unless it sounds like a 4-cylinder Smiley

Thanks to all the others - appreciate your wishes indecision kiss

Congrats.....positive reviews abound!

--

2015 Jet Black TT

congrats

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Lars997:
    Ziggy:

You cannot go decent since you have the "E" in your license plate. Smiley

First, congratulations. Smiley Smiley

A few remarks: Car looks very good, Volvo definitely has a looker here. Same goes to the interior, it looks very classy. Good job. I am a little bit disappointed with the consumption though: My wife's Cayenne S Diesel did 11.6 l / 100 km so far, incl. some very fast Autobahn drives (I am responsible for... Smiley). Just yesterday, she was in Austria skiing. She drove around 160 kph on the Autobahn and the usual 80-100 kph on country roads (80% of the way). Fuel (Diesel) consumption: 8.1 l / 100 km. So to be honest, I do not quite see the advantage of the hybrid here. Smiley

On the other hand, I am not a fan of Diesel cars for various reasons (NOx output, the sometimes sluggish throttle response even in sport modes and the turbo lag), even if the huge torque makes them feel more powerful. 

Regarding the lack of engine sound, well...it was to be expected. My wife's Cayenne S Diesel sounds a bit weird instead, you can actually hear that it is a Diesel when it runs at idle, especially when the engine is cold. Then, when she takes off, it sounds like a V8 but from inside the car, it has the optional noise insulation glass which is great for comfort (you can lead a normal conversation with normal voice at 240 kph Smiley) but you can barely hear the engine when the windows are closed. I still miss the SRT here but my wife says it is much more comfortable in the back (she slept there for a short time during a trip to Munich) because the SRT was too loud (well, sport exhaust but still, even without it, not quiet).

Comfort is really a nice thing to have on a family SUV but I have to admit that I miss a bit of a punch from time to time.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Lars997:
    Ziggy:

You cannot go decent since you have the "E" in your license plate. Smiley

First, congratulations. Smiley Smiley

A few remarks: Car looks very good, Volvo definitely has a looker here. Same goes to the interior, it looks very classy. Good job. I am a little bit disappointed with the consumption though: My wife's Cayenne S Diesel did 11.6 l / 100 km so far, incl. some very fast Autobahn drives (I am responsible for... Smiley). Just yesterday, she was in Austria skiing. She drove around 160 kph on the Autobahn and the usual 80-100 kph on country roads (80% of the way). Fuel (Diesel) consumption: 8.1 l / 100 km. So to be honest, I do not quite see the advantage of the hybrid here. Smiley

On the other hand, I am not a fan of Diesel cars for various reasons (NOx output, the sometimes sluggish throttle response even in sport modes and the turbo lag), even if the huge torque makes them feel more powerful. 

Regarding the lack of engine sound, well...it was to be expected. My wife's Cayenne S Diesel sounds a bit weird instead, you can actually hear that it is a Diesel when it runs at idle, especially when the engine is cold. Then, when she takes off, it sounds like a V8 but from inside the car, it has the optional noise insulation glass which is great for comfort (you can lead a normal conversation with normal voice at 240 kph Smiley) but you can barely hear the engine when the windows are closed. I still miss the SRT here but my wife says it is much more comfortable in the back (she slept there for a short time during a trip to Munich) because the SRT was too loud (well, sport exhaust but still, even without it, not quiet).

Comfort is really a nice thing to have on a family SUV but I have to admit that I miss a bit of a punch from time to time.

Thanks buddy! Smiley

I miss that SRT punch, too. My wife said - in the rear of that SRT it was noisy and shaky, it felt like a roller coaster. The Volvo is really very comfortable. It has actually quiet stunning performance, but certainly - not a punch. However - highly appropriate performance for such a family transporter

Regarding consumption - there is no advantage to a Diesel, but there is advantage to a 420HP petrol based car. That's what you have to compare, too. Nevertheless - I admit, it is lots of ideology and daddys Playtoy quality involved Smiley

Lars997:
    Nevertheless - I admit, it is lots of ideology and daddys Playtoy quality involved Smiley

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Lars997:

Finally got the Volo two weeks ago. Pictures shows it on 20" winter tires. Summer will be 22". 

First impression - amazing interior quality. The Technology works very well, that touch pad in the middle is very intuitive. It has also Apple & Android Car Play. Not sure what this is good for, as the Volvo integration works way better. But - it is just an App, don't have to use it. 

Regarding the engine. This is as my dealer said, the first Polstar XC90 in Germany. Polstar tuning adds only 14HP and 40NM, but it changes the characteristic of the gear box and throttle. Car feels very light, always enough power. It is fast enough, especially when being used to that SRT it feels ok and not too slow. Nevertheless - even the car is ultra quiet in most time, when accelerating you can hear that tiny 2.0 Liter engine in the front. It is not loud, but the sound it makes is just 4-cylinder noise, which kind of doesn't go at all with such a car.  Other than that - smooth air-ride and once in sports setting quiet stable and almost a bit harsh. 

The Hybrid works smooth. For most city-tours we purely drive electrical. Volvo claims 47km range, but is more like 35km. Nevertheless - intention of the hybrid is not to drive electrical but much more used the system whenever you accelerate to avoid high consumption. Speaking of - on my last two longer trips (200km+) I had an average consumption of 6.4 Liter, while having the Pilot-Assist (ACC plus Auto steering) at 135km/h for most of the time. One evening on the way back from the airport, the battery was empty and I was driving contentiously 200km/h and above and the car consumed 11.2 liter which is absolutely OK.

Overall - very happy about this car. I think it fulfills the family requirements perfectly. Lots and lots of space, comfy and fast ride, nice appearance, amazing seats (massage works way better than at the BMW), great assistants (drives basically by itself) and full internet integration (has two SIM cards installed and is always connected). Experience the EV and hybrid world is fun.

2017-01-26 14.16.24.jpg2017-01-26 14.18.07.jpg2017-01-26 16.03.23.jpg

14861921494802017-01-26 16.03.11.jpg

Congratulations! Very beautifully specced XC90! I love the look of this car and the interior quality is also very high. Better than in some german cars Smiley

Very nice Volvo.  Don't see many here.  My CEO drives one.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691057 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410182 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256228 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235421 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858825 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775124 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM