Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

Whoopsy:

You disagree on anything anyway Smiley

The baby Lambo segment is different than the older brother's segment. The little guy's segment is crowded with all sorts of options. That's why the 10 year old car simply isn't cutting it. 

Cylinder counts matters, a lot. The other day I went out for lunch with a couple friends who both own Lambos and other cars. I knew they would drive them out, I thought about taking the Huracan to stay in the brand, but ended up driving the F12 instead. 

Good thing, One showed up in a Aventador, another came in a Murcielago. Had I gone in the Huracan they would have egged on me for missing 2 cylinders.And they can't even say about my Lambo doesn't have doors that goes up. But since I showed up in a V12, nothing can be said and my V12 also puts out the most HP

Nice gathering Smiley

--

J.Seven

sfo:
    Whoopsy:

Well that car hasn't been announced yet........................

http://www.astonmartin.com/en-us/cars/vanquish-s

Damn, I missed that.

It sure looks good!

--

Weight: 1739 kg...I stopped reading. angry

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:

LOL. That and only ~600HP.

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Whoopsy:
    RC:

Funny that we're living in a time when 600hp seems totally inadequate Smiley  That is a heavy car though (3,834 pounds)...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:

Funny that we're living in a time when 600hp seems totally inadequate Smiley  That is a heavy car though (3,834 pounds)...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

The thing is: I love this car and I am pretty sure that it sounds amazing. I even wouldn't mind the weight, close to 600 hp are quite OK for a V12 n/a engine. What I don't like is the price tag. For 150k EUR, an interesting product. For more? I don't think so.

--

Grant:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:

--

I think it is because AM market themselves as the sporty GT.  I think the way you must view it then is a more dynamic alternative to Bentley and Mercedes S-class coupe, rather than on the same field as Ferrari F12, etc.

For a pure GT car, the Aston wins hands down vs the AMG and Bentley.

It is not the most agile, nor the fastest, but it's fast enough. 

And boy that Aston look..........................nothing looks better on the road.

--

Whoopsy:

And boy that Aston look..........................nothing looks better on the road.

And they sound amazing as well

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

One can't really butchered how a proper V12 sounds. 

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

--

plus the Vanquish has superb balance .. gearbox at the rear, and only 2 cylinders in front of front axle

plus all body panels are carbon fibre

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

Old mans car guys. Fat old guy with a cigar image is the AM's Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

throt:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

I am not fat and not with a cigar!Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    throt:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

Hahaha, you have a AM?..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

Hahaha, you have a AM?..

Well I am 'thinking'...............

Does that means I am getting old and getting fat?

--

Whoopsy:
    throt:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

Hahaha, you have a AM?..

--

Do you still have the FF?  Just wondering, since last time I heard you were using the Cayenne TTS most of the time instead.

Ziggy:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

Hahaha, you have a AM?..

--

Do you still have the FF?  Just wondering, since last time I heard you were using the Cayenne TTS most of the time instead.

Hahahha, thats a good'n, bud.

Nobody gets a big fat AM allocation if their waist line doesn't reach 38"......Same too with Jags, they = Big trousers and big cigars holders only.. Smiley...GT3 / GT3 RS boys = Smiley Smiley Smiley....

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Ziggy:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

Hahaha, you have a AM?..

--

No it's gone. With the accidental appearance of the SVR, I needed to make room. And while I took a bath, it was actually less than what I lost with the 12C, absolute money wise, not just percentage. 

--

Whoopsy:
    throt:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Both... Smiley

Hahaha, you have a AM?..

Probably old (we all get old). Smiley Fat? Depends on for how long you drive the AM. Smiley Smiley

--

From auto motor und sport

With the new record holder in Imola
    e16b65caa4e7e144e593257c317a2033.
    The Lamborghini Huracán-performance, the new record at the Nordschleife. The lap time presented Lamborghini only in Geneva. But we tell now how it goes.

And how quickly he was exactly? The broad smile of Lamborghini -Entwicklungschef Maurizio Reggiani is accompanied by a stubborn silence - no chance of Lambo team the new record time on the Nordschleife to elicit. "Several seconds" is the Lamborghini Huracán -performance have been faster than the Porsche 918 Spyder. With a lap time of 6:57 minutes of this is currently still the reigning champion of the street-legal production cars. Lamborghini announced the new record time until the official premiere of-performance at the Geneva Motor Show in March. Are we allowed but already.

Formula 1 flair of bygone heroes days resonates today, as the Boxentor opens rattling. Even if the main stand is not as once filled with thousands Tifosi, there frenetic celebratory mood as before the Grand Prix of San Marino - one of the last high-speed naturally aspirated V10 goodness. We do not hit the Nürburgring-heir in waiting today on the Nordschleife , but on a different circuit Legend: Welcome to the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari in Imola, Italy.

The V10 in Performante massaging the eardrum
    "The bronze valve cover always remind me of the Diablo", development Boss Reggiani says, smiling, as he lifts the rear cover with plastic washer. The V10 massaged while at idle eardrums nearly as emotional as other athletes at full load. Similar to the exact Nordschleife time Lamborghini plans to release the power rating only at the official presentation. "To the 640 horsepower and 40 Newton meters more torque" to the ten-cylinder vacuum cleaner with 5.2 liters of displacement , accordingafford-performance version Reggiani. During the intake system including air filters almost unchanged comes from the Huracán-racing version of the Lamborghini brand trophy race series Super Trofeo, the boosted position of the exhaust tailpipes of the GT3 racing car of Huracán has been derived.

"The new exhaust system has a lower backpressure and also weighs ten kilos less than the normal Huracán" reveals the development chief. Overall Huracán-performance is around 40 kilos less than the known base model (dry weight: 1422 kg) weigh. With a full tank of normal Huracán weighed 1,564 kilos in Super Test.

Gallardo -Vorgänger? "The Huracán-performance is not just lighter and stronger, but reached a new level of performance," said Maurizio Reggiani the renaming. For significantly improved lateral dynamics to be responsible, among other things an innovative new aerodynamic concept. Visibly elated explains Head of Development the active aerodynamics system called ALA (ALA: Italian "the wing" and Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva).

The ALA-system consists of two driven via an electric motor valves in the front splitter and a two-part air flow through (!) The rear wing. About two louvers in the rear lid, the air clears it through channels off in the rear wing, which houses two air chambers. On the underside of the airfoil, the air then passes back out through a narrow slot. Similar to the front apron and the airflow in the two air chambers of the rear wing by two operated by electric motors flap is controlled differently.

Lamborghini Huracán-performance with sophisticated aerodynamics
    "The ALA system reacts instantly within two tenths of a second," explains Antonio Torluccio, chief aerodynamics at Lamborghini. The active aerodynamics work, whichever is selected driving program and which longitudinal and transverse forces applied differently. Similar to the normal Huracán are also in the High-performance version with the modes Strada, Sport and Corsa three different driving modes to choose from.

And how does the active aerodynamics exactly? With activated system ( "ALA on"), the flaps open in the front splitter and the rear two air ducts, which flow onto the air chambers in the rear wing. Drag and downforce are characterized, for example, for optimum acceleration values, reduced. are to achieve maximum downforce aero flaps front and rear closed ( "ALA off").

A special feature of the ALA system to which the Lamborghini developers are particularly proud hides behind the term Aero vectoring. In Corsa mode, the output at the rear is a bigger spread on the inner curve side in curves. For closing the valve before the air ducts to the rear wing on the inside curve, while remaining open to the outside of the curve side. Through this clever aerodynamics and the different degrees perfused rear wing creates a yaw moment which is to push the car stable into the corners. Now it is also clear why the rear wing has two separate air chambers. The Aero-vectoring function works exclusively in Corsa mode and between 70 and 310 km / h running.

Aventador reminds Superveloce. While the bright orange paint is outside plastered nor Tarnfolie, developing prototype makes the interior has a production-ready impression. The carbon bucket seats are well known to the stitched-performance logos, already from the option program for the normal Huracán. The center console with gear shift lever and start button is similar to the basic model.

In Huracán-performance of the pilot changes gears of the seven-speed dual clutch transmission over fixed shift paddles behind the steering wheel. Third, fourth, fifth, sixth gear, with almost 270 things you go through the "Variante Bassa", the high-speed start-finish of Imola. The V10 turns beastly. If the ten-cylinder now really only about 30 hp more than the normal Huracán? Braking, to the left-right-left combination "variant Tamburello". Honestly, on the first Imola Round of life are the thoughts the youth idol Ayrton Senna as the new Huracán in the Tamburello curve more. Heroes never go completely. Senna had the precision of sharpest Lambo certainly fallen. Passing the memory flags at ropefence, now applies all the concentration Huracán-performance.

Even under braking for the next corner Combi "variant Villeneuve" there is a big compliment. Lamborghini has revised the ABS fundamentally. Unlike the normal Huracán, who attracted attention in Super Test with gruff ABS intervention, the High-performance convinces with homogenous control interventions. The braking points can now be set much later without the Huracán as before starts to slide in ABS gross motor on the front axle.

2cebf976c985c56bdb248bbf0de2f3ba. Foto: Tom Salt
    In the stern sits a sophisticated aerodynamics, which should make the High-performance faster than the 918 Spyder - on the Nordschleife at least.

In addition to the newly tuned ABS-performance of the newly developed Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tires contributes with better grip level. For the record drive on the Nordschleife Lamborghini used the option tire Trofeo R. turning into the close Tosa curve. The Performante lunges neutral around the corner when his little Huracán-brother, who always had a tendency to slight understeer. In addition to the designed chassis overall significantly stiffer, the engineers revised the coordination of all-wheel drive.

We want the Super Test!
    "There have been repeated complaints about the steering," says development chief Reggiani. While the steering angle of the electromechanical steering in normal Huracán not only in Strada- and sport mode, but also in the Corsa program speed-dependent changes, it remains almost the same when the High-performance Corsa mode in all speed ranges. Result: a good predictable at the limit steering with direct and above all honest feedback.

And the aerodynamics? The acts especially noticeable on the top front of the left turn "pirate Ella". During normal Huracán in the unloaded driving condition, as in the Super Test on the Nordschleife, on ridges and bumps was noticeably nervous, the Performante now remains extremely stable. The ultra-fast downhill sections of Imola, in front of the legendary curve passages "Acque Minerali" and "Rivazza" masters of Huracán-performance with an unexcited drivability in the border area.

Fortunately the Lambo fans now really need to know two things: the record time of-performance on the Nordschleife and a test car for the Super Test. Point 1 is in Geneva, point 2 is the latest in the autumn.

Didn't someone say the new p-zeros are similar to the old trofeos

Have you guys already seen this video? I badly want one... no

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/video/lamborghini-huracan-performante-imola-tracktest-11661578.html

--

RC:

I badly want one... no

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/video/lamborghini-huracan-performante-imola-tracktest-11661578.html

--

I do too...Smiley..

GT2RS or Performante ?. Either one in green should do the trick Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

RC:

Have you guys already seen this video? I badly want one... no

--

No I have not, and thank you! But judging from the video, it doesn't seem like it understeers much, if any.  It also seems like its very stable and smooth, and like it has a lot of grip. Whether that grip is aero or mechanical, we'll need to wait to find out.

The interior is not my taste...

the front splitter looks like the same sort of design as the one from the Aventador S .. I like !

the complete car is not my taste - just from the point of how it looks and what impression it leaves to the people around 

A very good friend of mine has SV. I have seen some pictures of some Lamborghini events - not my taste at all - I mean the people their 

--

AM

ALDO:

the complete car is not my taste - just from the point of how it looks and what impression it leaves to the people around 

A very good friend of mine has SV. I have seen some pictures of some Lamborghini events - not my taste at all - I mean the people their 

Also this new paint is kind of weird Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759330 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433605 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259693 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256822 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80535 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870585 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805535 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM