Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

BiTurbo:

Not a fan of convertibles, but this is coming soon

This gets my attention.angel Too bad its above my self imposed limit of $250,000 for any car.

I think people posting on this site are getting little too sensitive. It's the internet and we all need to understand that we need be more tolerant.kiss

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

nberry:
    BiTurbo:

Not a fan of convertibles, but this is coming soon

This gets my attention.angel Too bad its above my self imposed limit of $250,000 for any car.

I think people posting on this site are getting little too sensitive. It's the internet and we all need to understand that we need be more tolerant.kiss

I agree NickSmiley

I saw 2 Performante roadsters at the Lambo factory finishing area in April 17.

SciFrog:

So many factors... Sorry RC but hard to make a blanket statement without details...

Doing over 200 kph in heavy rain with Corsa tires? There is nothing to argue about here.

Yeah, I bet he knew the road well, every single water puddle and all... Smiley

Sorry but if someone is doing stuff like that, he also needs to learn how to take the heat (from me or others).

Regarding the Spyder: I don't "get" this car, sorry but I am sure it is going to sell well.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    SciFrog:

So many factors... Sorry RC but hard to make a blanket statement without details...

Doing over 200 kph in heavy rain with Corsa tires? There is nothing to argue about here.

Sorry but if someone is doing stuff like that, he also needs to learn how to take the heat (from me or others).

Regarding the Spyder: I don't "get" this car, sorry but I am sure it is going to sell well.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

But doing 340km/h in a Mustang is ok, excellent choice when preaching others about safety! Smiley

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

He gotcha RC!

Porker:
    RC:
    SciFrog:

--

But doing 340km/h in a Mustang is ok, excellent choice when preaching others about safety! Smiley

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

I didn't expect anything else from you...Smiley

Btw: You clearly didn't follow my GT500 posts but I don't blame you.

--

noone1:

He gotcha RC!

No, he didn't. He was just too lazy to read all my GT500 posts... Similar to you. Smiley

--

Porker:
    RC:
    SciFrog:

With 20/20 radar laser vision superman is always safe SmileySmileySmiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

RC:
    noone1:

He gotcha RC!

No, he didn't. He was just too lazy to read all my GT500 posts... Similar to you. Smiley

--

All I remember is you posting pictures of your one hand on the steering wheel (stuntin' with your breguet watch clearly visible) and the speedo showing somewhere between 80 and 340 kph. I thought you were bragging about going 340 kph, though I was too busy staring at your watch to really pay much attention

bluelines:
    Porker:
    RC:
    SciFrog:

With 20/20 radar laser vision superman is always safe SmileySmileySmiley

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

noone1:
    RC:
    noone1:

He gotcha RC!

--

All I remember is you posting pictures of your one hand on the steering wheel (stuntin' with your breguet watch clearly visible) and the speedo showing somewhere between 80 and 340 kph. I thought you were bragging about going 340 kph, though I was too busy staring at your watch to really pay much attention

Smiley

--

bluelines:
    Porker:
    RC:
    SciFrog:

With 20/20 radar laser vision superman is alwaysh safe SmileySmileySmiley

True. Smiley Can't even remember when I got my last speeding ticket. Smiley

--

Only Herbaliser knows exactly the conditions he drove in and what risks he did take or not . Impossible to judge from anyone else without having the full picture  .  If this is another exchange just for the sake of arguing , so be it , but then we would start to need a special warning sign indicating the conversation will not have sense but will be entertaining !

The review was great . The Permormante would be my track car choice if I had not the RS . I could probably live with the extra attention most of the time . One gets used to these kind of things . As long as the attitude stays '' normal '' .

The spider makes no sense to me at all and looks silly . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Only Herbaliser knows exactly the conditions he drove in and what risks he did take or not . Impossible to judge from anyone else without having the full picture  .  If this is another exchange just for the sake of arguing , so be it , but then we would start to need a special warning sign indicating the conversation will not have sense but will be entertaining !

My thoughts exactly...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

RT needs some "safe spaces".

Gnil:

The review was great . The Permormante would be my track car choice if I had not the RS . I could probably live with the extra attention most of the time . One gets used to these kind of things . As long as the attitude stays '' normal '' .

The spider makes no sense to me at all and looks silly . 

It is impossible to drive even only somehow safely at over 200 kph in rain and even worse, on Corsa tires. I am not mother Theresa but there are certain things in a driver's life you just cannot do because no matter how good or experienced of a driver you are, you just don't do it because you cannot control these situations. 

I wouldn't actually care about what others do, unless they affect public safety.

Also, like I said before...high speed rain accidents are "classic" 911 accidents because the car feels very safe at high speeds in rain but is very prone to aquaplaning at speeds over 180 kph. Even worse, some people activate the cruise control in torrential rain and this is the second stupid thing you can do after driving too fast in rain.

My R8 (which has a similar setup/layout to the Performante) feels very safe in rain but doing over 200 kph in rain, even with the great (in rain) PZero PZ4? No way, I love,my life way too much for that.

--

noone1:

RT needs some "safe spaces".

We need more people who don't take everything to heart and lighten up. Also, we need people who learn from the experience of others and learn to assess their own (driving) skills correctly. Every idiot can drive a Porsche or Ferrari fast but the question is for how long before he hurts/kills himself or others?! Many think they are good drivers because they "survive" tricky situations almost daily. Really good drivers just don't get into such "tricky" situations.

Of course we all here are the best drivers in the world, I get it but people should ask themselves: When did you have your last accident or when did you say to yourself "this was close" the last time?.

--

Gnil:

Exactly Smiley

--

J.Seven

1375989065415Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 20.09.19.png Time for me to dig out this picSmiley, 330kph in the rain, was on well treaded PSS but in hind sight very stupid, wearing Cup 2s I only max out when its 80% dry now on the airfield.

I think Herbaliser gave too much info about the "heavy rain" and his ego won't tolerate any criticism, if he can't get over that then maybe internet forums are not the place for him Smiley

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

Seen this posted on three other forums, with this being hopefully true, then the perf is just the beginning, and the 2RS slayer is coming later

Yup, I was hoping the Perf would be limited as well but good news is the CEO and head of R&D have hinted they'll be a more hardcore version of the Perf based on the ST at some point which I would assume will be a limited car.

Yup there will be and it will be even more "nuts" than the Performante however might only be in 2 years time and I dont want to wait 

Saw a rumor of the perfomante beating the 918 at Imola by 4.5secs. Anyone know anything about it?

Maybe if Whoopsy was driving the 918 and Marc Lieb was in the Performante 

They claim it only beat the 918 by 7 seconds on a super long, 7 minute lap. How on Earth is it going to beat the 918 by 5s on a 2 minute lap?

People are dreaming if they think the actual car on anything other than ridiculous tires is going to be as quick as they claim.

Cant wait for Sport Auto laptime. I bet it does the same time as the AMG GT R(7:11), and thats it.

Topspeed:

Cant wait for Sport Auto laptime. I bet it does the same time as the AMG GT R(7:11), and thats it.

AMG GT R had 34 hp more than stock, as usual with Mercedes (and BMW) Smiley and the new tires are what made that difference. Tires which are only available at special request and no, those Cup 2 ZP available through regular tire dealers are not these tires. Smiley They are only available at request through the AMG Performance Studio. Not that the Performante wasn't on special tires either when they hit that record. The new Trofeo R seems to be a pretty good tire but most Performante are delivered on the new Corsa (I think), at special request even with normal road tires PZero PZ4.

No doubt, the AMG GT R is a very capable track car but I do not trust manufacturer claims anymore since they all test their cars with optional semi-slicks. Cars should be tested with the tires they usually come with and yes, I know that Porsche uses the same "trick" (not for the GT cars though).

If the Performante beats in the Sport Auto Supertest the 7:13 of the 918, Lamborghini didn't cheat (this is what many believe after watching that video but the claims are ridiculous).

Anything below 7:10 would be spectacular though...

--

I had the pleasure of driving the Huracan Performante for the first time today. In short  - the greatest Lamborghini of all time without any doubt Smiley. Finally a true driver's car from Lamborghini. I had a Huracan before but this is essentially an altogether new car - its better in every conceivable fashion, barring the brakes which were already great on the Huracan. The steering feel is definitely  improved , the exhaust sound has a much deeper more "baritone" sound to it but still sounds utterly epic. The gear shifts are noticeably faster and the whole driving experience feels much more precise. The car is incredibly stable through bends and responds instantaneously when putting the power down coming out of the bend. I was surprised that in the Corsa setting that things did not get much more aggressive than in the Sport setting which is where I normally have road cars. With the 4WD - this might be the first car that I drive regularly on the road in a "track" setting. Its going to be a great autumn/winter..

crayphile:

I had the pleasure of driving the Huracan Performante for the first time today. In short  - the greatest Lamborghini of all time without any doubt Smiley. Finally a true driver's car from Lamborghini. I had a Huracan before but this is essentially an altogether new car - its better in every conceivable fashion, barring the brakes which were already great on the Huracan. The steering feel is definitely  improved , the exhaust sound has a much deeper more "baritone" sound to it but still sounds utterly epic. The gear shifts are noticeably faster and the whole driving experience feels much more precise. The car is incredibly stable through bends and responds instantaneously when putting the power down coming out of the bend. I was surprised that in the Corsa setting that things did not get much more aggressive than in the Sport setting which is where I normally have road cars. With the 4WD - this might be the first car that I drive regularly on the road in a "track" setting. Its going to be a great autumn/winter..

How did you like it in comparison to the 720s Smiley

MKSGR:

How did you like it in comparison to the 720s Smiley

Tough one. The McLaren is clearly faster and has better steering and great driving position. The Lamborghini feels more stable (its 4WD) , but that engine  Smiley - its response and sound speak to me like no turbo charged torque monster ever will. Performante wins on looks too. If I could only have one it would be the Performante I think Smiley.

And did you order one? indecision

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM