Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

My wild guess of $275k on the US price was pretty damn close:

"The base price for US buyers has been set at $274,390, "  I think the GT2 RS will have a similar price here...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btTApyM9Gkg

Stunning exterior, horrible interior.. wtf is up with that center dash/console down the middle?! 

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Marco Mapelli with Auto Car

http://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/new-cars/marco-mapelli-his-record-breaking-lamborghini-huracan-performante-lap

Despite his monumental effort, Mapelli says the Performante is an easy car to drive on the limit. He humbly states that anyone could go fast in it at the ‘Ring. I'm not so sure I could.

A lucky few customers may be able to find out for themselves, because Mapelli confirms that the car on sale will run with exactly the same mechanical and chassis setups as the one he took to the ‘Ring

What a car.......you get the fastest car around the ring for that price.....wow wow wow

--

993 c2

If you would indeed get the fastest car around the ring for that price that would be great news indeed... It is highly unlikely though - Lamborghini seems desperate to sell the car (simular to Mercedes GTR where you also find a "clever" press strategy and a low priced car). Whoever orders based on the claimed lap time performance will very likely feel like a fool shortly Smiley

MKSGR:

If you would indeed get the fastest car around the ring for that price that would be great news indeed... It is highly unlikely though - Lamborghini seems desperate to sell the car (simular to Mercedes GTR where you also find a "clever" press strategy and a low priced car). Whoever orders based on the claimed lap time performance will very likely feel like a fool shortly Smiley

I actually "ordered" or more correctly said "reserved a lot at the dealer" long before the Ring time was announced. I don't care much about that record. I fell in love with the Huracan, even the 580-2. Amazing engine, fantastic suspension even on less then perfect roads in Tuscany.

I knew that a special version was coming. Lighter, more powerful, with better steering setup. That's all I wanted from the Huracan. The Ring record is a bonus. So would I feel like a fool if this summer I get to drive the Performante in the Alps or Costa Smeralda, simply because some people are disputing the claimed Ring record? I don't think so. 

I would get the Huracan Performante in a heartbeat if I didn't already have my R8 and if I could "afford" having such a car in my neighborhood (it looks a bit extreme). The V10 engine alone would be worth it. I also have to admit however that I would be disappointed with Lamborghini if the Huracan Performante doesn't do under 7:15 on the Nordschleife in the Sport Auto Supertest in autumn. If the Performante does 7:13 (918 time) or less, I will be impressed. Personally, I couldn't care less about the record but if a company advertises with a record, it should be true. Kind of a principle type of thing. I'm afraid however that if it doesn't do under 7:00 min., people on the internet will start making fun of Lamborghini. 

Actually, this car didn't really need this kind of advertisement, the improvements are already worth every cent. The interior looks stunning, the forged composite material is a treat (and it is my understanding that the rear wing and the front spoiler lip are made out of the same material).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Herbaliser:
    MKSGR:

I actually "ordered" or more correctly said "reserved a lot at the dealer" long before the Ring time was announced. I don't care much about that record. I fell in love with the Huracan, even the 580-2. Amazing engine, fantastic suspension even on less then perfect roads in Tuscany.

I knew that a special version was coming. Lighter, more powerful, with better steering setup. That's all I wanted from the Huracan. The Ring record is a bonus. So would I feel like a fool if this summer I get to drive the Performante in the Alps or Costa Smeralda, simply because some people are disputing the claimed Ring record? I don't think so. 

Then you ordered for the right reason Smiley

The forged composite material looks amazing, even on the exterior... angel

2017-03-07_14-24-18.jpg
    2017-03-07_14-23-35.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

I absolutely love it, design turned out brilliantly. I'll have mine in silver! angel

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

Atzporsche:

Stunning exterior, horrible interior.. wtf is up with that center dash/console down the middle?! 

Same opinion here. Fantastic exterior but what has happened with the interior?

--

Conny997:
    Atzporsche:

Same opinion here. Fantastic exterior but what has happened with the interior?

Good question: I love it but I assume that it is a love or hate relationship for many. I love it because the forged composite looks similar to the carbon on my watch (see photo). Smiley Very special in my opinion, I also love Alcantara (the new GT2 RS will have a similar Alcantara interior). A matter of personal taste/preference I guess.

audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-chronograph-watch-26400au_oo_a002ca_01.jpg

--

It looks stunning in & out, unbelieveble price for the performance and car,  would get this over the new GT3 without any doubt. Couldn´t care less if it makes under 6min or more than 10min around track Smiley the V10 and looks alone is worth it no matter tracks times. But the wing Smiley

--

J.Seven

Huracan Performante is with similar options around 80K € more in Germany.  Just saying...

Full telemetry and a dose of glikenhause skepticism

Finally, he opened up the full VBox GPS log from the record lap in question, showing what sure looks like a single session, not the multiple ideal segments glued together as some have speculated.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/videos/jim-glickenhaus-is-cynical-of-lamborghini-performante-record/

0308171433ahdrwithroadhowlogo.jpg

J.Seven:

It looks stunning in & out, unbelieveble price for the performance and car,  would get this over the new GT3 without any doubt. Couldn´t care less if it makes under 6min or more than 10min around track Smiley the V10 and looks alone is worth it no matter tracks times. But the wing Smiley

You're in luck. They make bodykits that look about the same. You can leave the wing off, it will have the same v10, and it will do between 6 and 10 minutes on the NR.

Smileykingjr9000:

Full telemetry and a dose of glikenhause skepticism

Finally, he opened up the full VBox GPS log from the record lap in question, showing what sure looks like a single session, not the multiple ideal segments glued together as some have speculated.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/videos/jim-glickenhaus-is-cynical-of-lamborghini-performante-record/

No point in debating it much more. We'll never know what, if anything, was done to the car in the video. What we will know is how it stacks up against  everything else that runs it much slower. If it doesn't decimate, or even loses, to something like the 488 or 675LT, then the NR results become pretty suspect.

I know this has nothing to do with the perfomante, but I was always curious when they mentioned the SV tires, and I finally found it by chance over on PH.

There is an interview with Mr mm the driver In the sept issue of evo I think, I gave my copy away, a good but short read... It was not a trofeo tyre, but a tyre with the corsa thread but development compound, just like the 918 using a bespoke compound, and its the compound I assume customer cars will ship with.

does anyone know about the corsa tires the SV shipped with?  Or were these the developmental tires for the performante?

I don't know what is the fascination with carbon fiber (forged molds or regular cloth laid molds) in interiors.  At the end of the day, it is basically plastic.  I guess for some it is a reminder of the technology in the car.

vantagesc:

I don't know what is the fascination with carbon fiber (forged molds or regular cloth laid molds) in interiors.  At the end of the day, it is basically plastic.  I guess for some it is a reminder of the technology in the car.

It's a way to rationalize an increase in price. Car coming standard with CF means now you have no choice but to pay for it.

Personally it's just a nice and durable plastic that is easy to clean and nice to touch. That said, I'm sure there are plenty of materials that would do the same for far less.

The way this is worded on jalopnik and the top comment are simply hilarious

Lamborghini Will Come To Your House To Prove It Didn't Cheat On The Nürburgring If That's What It Takes

They finally said what the base huracan can do around the ring.

Reggiani says that they could only do a 7:20 lap with a regular Huracan 610-4. So, when they started to look into how to make it noticeably quicker on track about two years ago, an active hydraulic wing was the first guess. But that was too slow to react. Lamborghini wanted something that can use the dynamic stall effect and react as fast as the driver, constantly changing the drag/downforce ratio and applying aero vectoring to reduce the steering angle. At the Nürburgring, there's only one long straight, so it's all about the handling in the corners, with efficient braking and acceleration in and out.

More articles.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/531069/lamborghini-has-nothing-to-hide-with-huracan-performante-nurburgring-lap-time/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/car-design/interviews/a32874/lamborghini-can-prove-its-nurburgring-record/

It's not a matter of whether they did the lap or not, it's a matter of how they did it. I personally believe the majority of that time is just due to tires and specifically tuning for the Ring than it is the aero hype. I'm sure the aero works, but how much it works is a bigger question.

To put it in perspective, A 488 did the ring in 7:21. A F430 did it in 7:55. You're going to tell me that some aero is responsible for the Performante improving on the Huracan nearly as much as the 488 did on the 430, not to mention the 488 is on tires 10 years more advanced than the F430 and that the NR has gotten a little quicker over the years.

And lets not forget, lap times and performance requirements are not linearly related. The performance gains required to go from 7:20 -> 6:50 are way more than 7:50 -> 7:20.

So yeah, color me skeptical as to what contributed to such a massive improvement in such a tiny time frame. They're literally claiming a decades worth of gains. My guess is that the tires were borderline slicks and that the suspension was highly tuned just for the Ring, and that it won't do anything close to this perceived performance in the 3rd party tests.

McLaren has just said the new Pzeros have the grip of the old Trofeos. If the Performante is now  on new Trofeos that are once again a massive step above the Pzeros, then that is more than likely what contributes the most to the time.

Regarding the lap time and the car used: IMO, the lap time is no fake, but the car was not the one which will be delivered to customers:

If you pause the video and zoom on the bottom right on board camera with the cockpit view in the video, you will see that the car seems to have been emptied of carpets and so on.

I even doubt if there was a passenger seat mounted based on the cockpit view of the onboard video.

So, for me, regular tyres as stated by Lambo, probably regular engine and chassis set up, but lighter car. That's all.

At the end, if my theory is right, it means the car as delivered to customers would do the Ring in about 7.00-7.05 which makes the Performante still one of the fastest cars ever on the Ring and it is a bargain for 232K€ base price in Germany incl. VAT.

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

This whole discussion will be hilariously funny once hopefully Porsche will never Claim a NBR time for the GT2RS and will be faster in every Magazin comparison test against the Performante indecision

What will be more painful to some of the fanboys, if the GT3 turns out to be quicker on 1-2min tracks angry

NEW STATEMENT FROM LAMBORGHINI ABOUT THE LAP TIME AND THE DOUBTS AROUND IT:

Statement Lambo Ring Laptime

This new statement from Lambo confirms my personal theory as written in an earlier post this morning:

"Regarding the lap time and the car used: IMO, the lap time is no fake, but the car was not the one which will be delivered to customers:

If you pause the video and zoom on the bottom right on board camera with the cockpit view in the video, you will see that the car seems to have been emptied of carpets and so on.

I even doubt if there was a passenger seat mounted based on the cockpit view of the onboard video.

So, for me, regular tyres as stated by Lambo, probably regular engine and chassis set up, but lighter car. That's all."

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

The car at Geneva was wearing Corsa tires and the Trofeo R all of a sudden turned into option #2, if the customer wishes to have stickier tires which is another P1 / AMG GTR hocus pocus angry

It is as if Porsche didn't create a special option to modify the base 918 when it made its record run several years ago.  

What else is surprising is no one mentioned a significant deficit with the 918 and its Hot Lap mode; the battery isn't being charged on the lap and eventually, the hybrid assist is reduced with a corresponding reducing in overall horsepower and torque.  Under ideal conditions, the 918 is capable of approximately 20 kilometers range under EV mode.  In Hot Lap mode, the battery is discharging at the highest possible rate, with demand.  Notice in the pairing 918 versus Huracán Performante video, that the 918 is significantly quicker than the Lamborghini for the first quarter of the lap, then the Lamborghini slowly pulls ahead.  As the 918's battery discharges, power is reduced - some sources place it at 50% discharge - and under ICE only mode, the 918 produces less horsepower, and has greater weight, than the Performante, which maintains the same power and torque outputs, with slightly less weight due to fuel consumption.  

This comparison reminds me of a relatively slower plane beating faster planes at the Reno Air Races.  The team computed that if their slower plane flew a longer trajectory, with constant speed, around the pylons, it could be beat the much faster planes that cut closer to pylons as those planes were constantly accelerating and decelerating. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688147 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408528 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255471 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234690 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65322 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857433 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM