Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

It looks like Lambo could create a big surprise with the new Huracan Performante at Geneva auto show in March.

Just a marketing teaser and real game changer with a new Nordschleife record time soon?... Smiley

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/lamborghini/huracan/2017/2017-lamborghini-huracan-performante-first-drive-downforce/

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

That would be a stunning time for the baby Lambo - I would not jump to that conclusion just yet though...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

I would be v surprised if the car you can buy does 6.52 without "special" support.....

--

Tesla Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2014 991 TTS Cab & 2014 BMW X5 & 2014 BMW i3 2017 - Porsche Mission E & 991.2 GT3 on order

I actually wouldn't doubt it too much.

6:57 is not the best the 918 can do, and that was set like 3+ years ago, technology has moved on.

This actually makes the P1 looked even worse, it can't beat the 918 and now both Lambos might be faster too.

--

$10 says it puts down an amazing lap time in their press release, then gets beat in every single test just like the Aventador SV.

6:52 with race slicks and a special factory-only car, most likely. Dreaming if you think it's going to cut 30-40s from the lap of a standard Huracan.

I am sure that the German magazine SportAuto (the one who clocked the AMG GTR in 7.11) will make sure to test drive the Performante asap indecision

In any case, based on the Motortrend article (link above), it seems that the Performante has something very special in its active aero.

Let's see in Geneva which gonna be really exciting this year (Performante, 720S, 991.2 GT3)!
    --

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

I would always add around 5-10 seconds to factory claim times but even 6:57 or 7:02 would be quite impressive.

Depends on how extreme the Performante is and if it is going to be a good road car or only a capable track car.

Oh, rumors indicate that Weissach is already involved with Lamborghini development, so I wonder if this new active aero is something related to PAA.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

So the Huracan Performante is going to as big or bigger a leap in performance than a 488 over a 430. Right.

noone1:

So the Huracan Performante is going to as big or bigger a leap in performance than a 488 over a 430. Right.

I don't have a clue, it probably remains to be seen. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    noone1:

Agreed - let's wait and see. The key point is that Lamborghini have clearly upped their game and now produce in the Huracan a car that is as good to drive as it looks and sounds. The same cannot be said for the Aventador.

crayphile:
    RC:
    noone1:

Agreed - let's wait and see. The key point is that Lamborghini have clearly upped their game and now produce in the Huracan a car that is as good to drive as it looks and sounds. The same cannot be said for the Aventador.

Smiley

--

:“The Aventador has more than five or six more years to run and the next platform also has a V12 at the centre of the project.”

Aventador is going to be beyond stale at that point. 10 year life cycles aren't going to cut it anymore IMO. Too much competition.

noone1:

:“The Aventador has more than five or six more years to run and the next platform also has a V12 at the centre of the project.”

Aventador is going to be beyond stale at that point. 10 year life cycles aren't going to cut it anymore IMO. Too much competition.

Give it active aero, RWS, a modern gearbox (similar to Huracan) and more power and the car is good for at least another three years. Six years? I doubt it.

The next Aventador will be on the same (Porsche) platform as the next Huracan, the R8 (if there is going to be one) and the "960". I see that platform around 3 years from now, not in 6 years.

--

crayphile:
    RC:
    noone1:

Hi cray,,

Using your buying experience what would be the availability of the Performante?.. Very limited like the Porsche GT variants?. And do you need a good boy Lambo buying history to secure an allocation. 

I am liking the Huracan very much.

TIA Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Perfomante not limited production as far as I am aware. My dealer (never bought a Lambo) says he has 8 deposits already.

Going to Performante private view in mid February.

sfo:

Perfomante not limited production as far as I am aware. My dealer (never bought a Lambo) says he has 8 deposits already.

First customer cars are rumored to be delivered starting March and no product limitation (as far as I heard).

I am interested in the R8 GT (Performante twin) but I'm afraid it won't be cheap.

--

sfo:

Cheers, sfo..Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    crayphile:
    RC:
    noone1:

Hi cray,,

Using your buying experience what would be the availability of the Performante?.. Very limited like the Porsche GT variants?. And do you need a good boy Lambo buying history to secure an allocation. 

TIA Smiley...

None of the ridiculousness associated currently with Porsche GT cars. Only need a buying history if you want an early car as far as I am aware. Dealers are taking deposits now. I would put down a refundable one now if you can ahead of the reveal

crayphile:
    throt:
    crayphile:
    RC:
    noone1:

Hi cray,,

TIA Smiley...

None of the ridiculousness associated currently with Porsche GT cars. Only need a buying history if you want an early car as far as I am aware. Dealers are taking deposits now. I would put down a refundable one now if you can ahead of the reveal

Cheers Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

German dealer told me a similar story: The first Performante go to longtime customers and then comes the rest of the interested customers.

--

noone1:

Realistically, the Aventador only has one other car as it's competition, the Ferrari F12. That's it. Maybe add in the Aston Martin DB11. Only 3 cars in that price range with a V12. 

But all 3 attracts their own buyers, Aventador for the ones that likes outrageous styling, Aston for the GT buyers, the F12 basically the middle.

The Huracan is the one that has a boat load of competition.

--

Whoopsy:

Realistically, the Aventador only has one other car as it's competition, the Ferrari F12. That's it. Maybe add in the Aston Martin DB11. Only 3 cars in that price range with a V12. 

'new' more bling Vanquish S?

Well that car hasn't been announced yet........................

--

Whoopsy:
    noone1:

But all 3 attracts their own buyers, Aventador for the ones that likes outrageous styling, Aston for the GT buyers, the F12 basically the middle.

I disagree. I think design is more important than cylinder count and that people will just get tired of it after so many years. It happened with the Gallardo/LP560. People were getting sick of that car already in 2012. People were practically begging for a replacement.

Whoopsy:

And AMG S65 Coupe and Bentley Continental W12 Coupe for those who want a little more luxury...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    Whoopsy:

And AMG S65 Coupe and Bentley Continental W12 Coupe for those who want a little more luxury...

I did buy a F12, actually 2 of them back to back. The AMG and Bentley never crosses my mind........ Both of like living room on wheels with no driving dynamics, and I am 40 years too young to buy a Bentley.

Back then, It's not the DB11, but the Aston Martin Vanquish. 

--

noone1:
    Whoopsy:
    noone1:

I disagree. I think design is more important than cylinder count and that people will just get tired of it after so many years. It happened with the Gallardo/LP560. People were getting sick of that car already in 2012. People were practically begging for a replacement.

You disagree on anything anyway Smiley

The baby Lambo segment is different than the older brother's segment. The little guy's segment is crowded with all sorts of options. That's why the 10 year old car simply isn't cutting it. 

Cylinder counts matters, a lot. The other day I went out for lunch with a couple friends who both own Lambos and other cars. I knew they would drive them out, I thought about taking the Huracan to stay in the brand, but ended up driving the F12 instead. 

Good thing, One showed up in a Aventador, another came in a Murcielago. Had I gone in the Huracan they would have egged on me for missing 2 cylinders.And they can't even say about my Lambo doesn't have doors that goes up. But since I showed up in a V12, nothing can be said and my V12 also puts out the most HP.

--

Whoopsy:
    noone1:
    Whoopsy:
    noone1:

You disagree on anything anyway Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Sales will decline IMO. V12 sales are supported by a lot of repeat buyers and those repeat buyers will be less and less likely to buy again with such minor cosmetic changes.

Whoopsy:

Well that car hasn't been announced yet........................

http://www.astonmartin.com/en-us/cars/vanquish-s

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661326 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    400967 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254570 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229021 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59369 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4374 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853337 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761462 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM