Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

MaxT's and LG1's GT3 RS Pictures

Sorry Max and Luigi, but those pictures are really too beautiful to not be posted!
    You are the best guys!

ALL THE GT3 (RS) PICTURES

Re: MaxT and LG1 GT3's (RS)

Captain Bady:
    I was going to post them right now!
    It took me a whole afternoon to take these pics of MY car.
    Thanks for ruining the pleasure of posting MY pictures myself...

How about a driving report?

Great pictures.

I've collected the car on friday evening and only managed to put 500 km as of now, so it's a bit early to give you a detailed report.
    What I can already tell you is that it really is a wonderful car, the looks on the street between other cars are just amazing.It feels very raw and alert, the single mass flywheel making a nice agricultural noise, and the revs rise and fall istantaneously.
    I'm not going beyond 5-6k rpm for break-in but it already feels very torquey and quick.
    The sound is too tame for me though, I think I will have the Cargraphic treatment soon...
    Turn in seems razor sharp, way better than the GT2 and also of the Modena.
    I'm sorry I can't give you a better report, but it's too early now...
    Tomorrow I'm leaving for the US and as soon as I'm back I'll complete break-in and give a detailed report.

All in all it really is a special car, and feels every bit the race car for the road I hope it will prove to be...

Ciao

Hi Luigi,

I also picked my RS up from the factory on Friday, I havent stopped grinning yet!

Had a great drive back, first impressions are that the steering is a lot heavier (more caster) and less prone to bump steer.

I was surprised at how differant it is to the GT3, difficult to quantify but the overall feel is much much better, less nervous, more direct.

Averaged 92mph for the 700 miles home so the car is nicely run in now. Most of the journey was on the toll roads with 4K showing on the clock, varied the load on the engine at regular intervals and gave it a bit of stick away from toll booths, just to hard to resist.

Have to say that I am very impressed with the tyres. Had some quite heavy rain on the way through Germany without any drama, would have hated to have done that part of the journey in a CSL!

The single mass flywheel is very noisy, but not in an unpleasant way.

Will post some pictures once I can work out how to make them small enough.

Regards

P.

Captain Brady, do something about your signature picture, it sucks to see a red cross only.

Thanks for posting the pictures but I really think you spoiled Luigi's surprise. I hope he doesn't mind too much...personally I would have killed you instantly.

But to get away from violence: Luigi's GT3 RS looks absolutely fantastic. A real beauty.

Congrats Luigi, you got yourself a real beauty!
    The pictures are absolutely great, did you take them yourself? If so, you surely have a second talent as a photographer.

I'm dying to read a detailled driving report, I'll post it on the NEWS section if you allow it, of course with a picture or two of your GT3 RS.

Enjoy your car, drive carefully and I hope you'll be more happy with it as with your GT2 or 360 Modena.

Congrats guys!

To Mr RS and Luigi!
    Luigi, it looks fantastic, I bet you're pissed off about going to the States
    Looking forward to read a detailed report man!
    Take care!
    Mr RS, pictures please!!!
    Fanch.

Quote:
    Will post some pictures once I can work out how to make them small enough

Send them to rc@rennteam.com and I resize and post them for you. I have a 2.3 Mbit broadband access, no problem with large files.

Quote:

The pictures are absolutely great, did you take them yourself? If so, you surely have a second talent as a photographer.

I took all the static photos of the two gt3's! The photos of my car in the track were taken by a professional photographer.

He took also 3 beautiful pics of our two cars, here the links:
    http://www.cinghialoni.org/gt3max/gt3s_3.jpg
    http://www.cinghialoni.org/gt3max/gt3s_2.jpg
    http://www.cinghialoni.org/gt3max/gt3s.jpg

cheers
    max t

Wow!!!!

Beautiful cars. Indeed unbelievably gorgeous pieces of art. Hope you guys enjoy them don't forget your driving reports.

Luigi, please do some comparisons to your other sports cars can't wait to read them .

By the way, did I mention how beautiful these cars are

Awesome cars!!!!!

These pics make my day. Thanks for sharing !

Rufie

Quote:
    Quote:
    Will post some pictures once I can work out how to make them small enough

Send them to rc@rennteam.com and I resize and post them for you. I have a 2.3 Mbit broadband access, no problem with large files.

RC,

I will do it this evening.

They are not as good as Luigis but hopefully they will be of interest.

P.

MaxT, those three pictures are a work of art, thanks for sharing.

Congrats to you both and we're waiting for a detailed driving report

Did you manage to made a accelaration side by side test

J.Seven

luigi,

congratulations!! the RS is awesome -- can't wait to get mine (and of course, maxt's GT3 is awesome as well). my dealer called some hours ago that my car is ready for factory collect!!!! i'm just about to check the weather and my schedule...

rock on!

zz

Quote:
    luigi,

congratulations!! the RS is awesome -- can't wait to get mine (and of course, maxt's GT3 is awesome as well). my dealer called some hours ago that my car is ready for factory collect!!!! i'm just about to check the weather and my schedule...

rock on!

zz

ZZ,

Don't worry about the weather, we drove back from Stuttgart on Friday without any problems in very heavy rain.

The car is better in the wet than the GT3!

Make sure you have a good look around the factory...

Take note of the amount of 997 engines and gearbox's on the engine floor, especially the number of C4 box's!

There are lots of areas that are "Entry Forbidden", managed to have a quick look in one of these Zones. Very interesting, GT3 Cup car being built, lots of cars under covers, Boxster coupe and a 997.... Needless to say we were quickly moved on!!

You will not regret your purchase.

P.

MrRS,

thanks for your encouraging words i'm going to collect my RS on thursday this week!

Quote:
    Make sure you have a good look around the factory...

Take note of the amount of 997 engines and gearbox's on the engine floor, especially the number of C4 box's!

yes, this is always funny. when i collected my C2 three years ago, the facelift was imminent and there have been boxes with parts in it labelled "996 facelift" everywhere around the factory.

Quote:
    There are lots of areas that are "Entry Forbidden", managed to have a quick look in one of these Zones. Very interesting, GT3 Cup car being built, lots of cars under covers, Boxster coupe and a 997.... Needless to say we were quickly moved on!!

luckily you haven't been arrested by the plant protective force!

have fun with the RS! looking forward to your pictures!

cheers; zz

As I am completely useless when it comes to anything to do with computers I have sent a picture of my birthday presant to myself to RC, so hopefully it should be posted some time this week.

Have lots of other shots of the factory and a very nice RS with practically the whole of the interior in white! Door handles gear knob seats etc etc. Each to their own but a bit over the top for my taste!

Luigi you will not be disapointed

Here's your car, Mr.RS. A real beauty, enjoy!

Quote:
    Here's your car, Mr.RS. A real beauty, enjoy!

Very very nice!! I love the white cage inside...Plese, let us know how do you feel with the PCCB system on your car!!

Cheers
    Max T.

Congrats Mr RS!
    She's a beauty!
    Fanch.

Where did you take these pics? I can probably recognize some "Monza" Park and Track details. Am i right?

Luigi, Mr RS,

these are beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us! I also love the SY GT3. Can't get enough of those pictures.

(I just called my dealer if everything is o.k. with my RS order for next year. I think I asked him three times. Can't wait. )

I love to hear your professional driving report. This would be something you can only get here on rennteam.com (All german car magazines have failed yet. )

Mr. RS - I'm still trying to arrive a decision about the roll cage colour. On your picture the white roll cage really looks great. In my opinion it looks a little bit sportier than the black one.
    Maybe you could make one or two more pictures from the inside? I would be deeply grateful.

Have fun and take care of your great cars.

Mobile

Quote:
    Where did you take these pics? I can probably recognize some "Monza" Park and Track details. Am i right?

You are right...we were just behind the old "Parabolica" in the Monza's parc inside the circuit!

The "arrtist" responsible for the pics is of course Max, as he said, I could never have done such a nice job...I was responsible for moving the cars around...

Right now I'm in Boston and it just stopped snowing...

It truely is a torture to be far from my baby, right now.

Mr.RS, at first aquaintance I also find the RS more direct in feel then the GT3, but it is hard to break down actually on what is responsible for this.

I've managed to do a couple of laps at Monza circuit, but since it was break in period I didn't go beyond 6k rpms, the car felt really keen on turn in, more so than the GT2(by far) and even more than the 360.It felt very alert with an incredible steering feel.The brake pedal seems a bit too long in travel and it didn't bite as well as Max's GT3.

As soon as I'm back from the U.S. we will make a comparison between the two cars, and I'll do a detailed driving report both for street and track.

Ciao

Congrats!!! it is beautiful

Quote:
    As soon as I'm back from the U.S. we will make a comparison between the two cars, and I'll do a detailed driving report both for street and track.

really looking forward to your report!!

Mobile,

Went through similar dilemma with my January production order. I did find a number of images on various sites. FWIW and, much to my surprise, I believe the white rollbar works very well with the "red" wheel/seatbelt/graphic option. I hope you can locate some pictures and be happy with your decision. I'm too technologically challanged to post what I have on file,

Best, Tim

Wow!!Stunning Cars! in addition your photos are excellent!
    You made my day!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690475 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409755 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255993 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235271 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65647 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858405 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774682 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM