Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

i know that nobody will believe me but...........

......... believe it or i have received a call from my dealer just NOW (its 11pm over here) telling me that IF i want he can give me a 997TT (yes you heard it right a 997TT) PRODUCTION END FEBRUARY BEGINNING MARCH !!!! ,i am running right now to his office (yes we are both crazy) to spec a car . i dont know ...maybe i will make a crazy move tonight....

Re: i know that nobody will believe me but...........

And............?

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    ......... believe it or i have received a call from my dealer just NOW (its 11pm over here) telling me that IF i want he can give me a 997TT (yes you heard it right a 997TT) PRODUCTION END FEBRUARY BEGINNING MARCH !!!! ,i am running right now to his office (yes we are both crazy) to spec a car . i dont know ...maybe i will make a crazy move tonight....

MAN, GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
    Trebor said:
    And............?

What do you mean "and"? He only left home 6 minutes ago!

Quote:
    turbolite said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

MAN, GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah,

Maybe you could test drive it and even write a review for rennteam-with pics but with a better camera this time -even before the official unveiling in Geneva. Maybe even do a dyno run with graphs of HP and torque curves.

So, let me get this straight.

1) You steal information from them. They are pissed about it.

2) You reveal everything on the net.
    3) AND To thank you, they give you one of the first 997TT even though you never asked for it.

What's up with your dealer They drank all the alcool in beirut or something...

People are probably fighting to get 997TT so soon and you can get one it like if it was some cheap unwanted GM car.

Quote:
    amazon said:

3) AND To thank you, they give you one of the first 997TT even though you never asked for it.

People are probably fighting to get 997TT so soon and you can get one it like if it was some cheap unwanted GM car.

Quote:
    dhayek said:

And I forgot one thing-ask him if you can order the powerkit tonight.

Make sure you come back with the full order sheet for us please,,,,

WHAT ..how is this possible ..? RC .need your help on this.

Quote:
    twin turbo said:

Simple: it is NOT possible. But Dimitri is a pretty serious guy, I suppose his dealer just misunderstood what Porsche told him. Production starts already end of february (for REAL production cars, not pre-production) but first cars are NOT available (not even in Lebanon) until the official introduction in Germany (which is rumored to be end of June). Unless Dimitri gets a nicked pre-production car from Syria , I doubt that he'll get one in march.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    twin turbo said:

Simple: it is NOT possible. But Dimitri is a pretty serious guy, I suppose his dealer just misunderstood what Porsche told him. Production starts already end of february (for REAL production cars, not pre-production) but first cars are NOT available (not even in Lebanon) until the official introduction in Germany (which is rumored to be end of June). Unless Dimitri gets a nicked pre-production car from Syria , I doubt that he'll get one in march.

thanks .RC , i can now go to sleep. :

christian , i just came back ,i could get delivery on may 8 , maybe this time middle east lauching is before germany???
    tiptronic prod is march ,while manual is in february

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    christian , i just came back ,i could get delivery on may 8 , maybe this time middle east lauching is before germany???

Dimitri,

Any new specs. or photo's. to grace the rennteam forum?

Quote:
    dhayek said:

Germany comes first...I'm afraid. Or should I say I'm happy? IF your dealer gets you a car on May 8th, this means that the launch will be much earlier than anticipated. This is NOT excluded since some dealers already are worried that they don't get enough cars to satisfy the initial demand before the factory summer holida shutdown. I honestly wish your dealer is right because this means I would get MY car earlier too. But I'm afraid this ain't gonna happen.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Germany comes first...I'm afraid. Or should I say I'm happy? IF your dealer gets you a car on May 8th, this means that the launch will be much earlier than anticipated. This is NOT excluded since some dealers already are worried that they don't get enough cars to satisfy the initial demand before the factory summer holida shutdown. I honestly wish your dealer is right because this means I would get MY car earlier too. But I'm afraid this ain't gonna happen.

you might have a good surprise christian, when i said to the dealer that germany is in june , he told me that it will be earlier ,dont forget the first cars come out of the factory in february...i think you will have a good surprise... BTW my dealer who happens to be my friend is very serious..so good news for you

Quote:
    amazon said:

loool.... the thing is the dealer is an excellent friend of mine, and i am an excellent customer ,and the most important is that lebanon is a small country,there is more supply than demand.
    the dealers (all of them) have NOTHING but the order guide... few things that i knew tonight is that EVERYTHING is optional ,for example on the 996tt the bose was standard(in the middle east) now it is optional. of course all leather and xenon are standard.
    another new info is that the rear diffential lock that is optional is only available with manual gearbox and not in tiptronic.
    the story of the 3.7second 0 to 100 in tiptronic is TRUE .
    after all i have specced a car tonight ,the first one that will come here,i have nothing to loose , specially since officially there is no dealer at the moment for ferrari,and if i get the 430 i am not worried to whom i will sell my contract , or if i win the lottery the prob is solved
    this is the car i specced:
    997TT solid black(non mettalic)
    all leather black interior
    rear wiper
    parking sensor
    tiptronic gearbox( i need the 3.7seconds)
    sport seats(non adaptive)
    silver seat belts
    sport chrono package turbo
    center console aluminum
    back of seat in aluminum(new option??)
    bose sound system
    telephone module
    porsche crest in headrest
    multifunction steering wheel in aluminum
    this is it. i dont want to play the $$$$$$$$$ option game ,it is useless IMO
    any thoughts?
    BTW , the car will arrive before may ,probably end march ,or april ,but will be hidden until the official release date.
    once again i pushed them with questions concerning the delivery date ,i have been CONFIRMED that by may 15 maximum i could take delivery ,and probably before. until now my dealer has always been very serious , and i believe him ,he never gave me false data. do you believe mass production will start in february ,and the cars will be stocked till june? i doubt...porsche likes money.. so i am quite sure we will all have a pleasant surprise with anticipated release... cheers!

is PCM3 standard then?

Quote:
    GT said:
    is PCM3 standard then?

yes it is.

no rear wiper, I hate the one on my car....

Congrats on your order! You must be among the first in europe (if not THE first)! I am new to rennteam, got bored checking google for 997t info for the past weeks and decided to join.. You guys are good!
    One quick question on the tranny; did the brochure mention the performance of the manual vs the tip?

Wow dimitri !!!

Congrats. You gave us more info these past few days than RC did in a month !!!! (there's no competition here but you did an amazing job, thank you so much )

Just a question: why solid black? Metallic paints are always a better choice.

If you're right on your built date and delivery date, you're probably going to be able to see your car before the official presentation. That means you will be able to get us live pics of the (that is to say your) 997TT before its official release.

I guess other exclusivies will come from you

Quote:
    GT said:
    One quick question on the tranny; did the brochure mention the performance of the manual vs the tip?

My question too: What is the factory rating 0-100kph for the manual?

Mabrouk! :-)

love this story!!

Quote:
    amazon said:

says who?

Quote:
    greggr107 said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:

says who?

Prob EU vs US cultural diffce....basalt seems to be more popular in London, whereas flat blk is far more popular in US.....as one long-time P salesguy in LA described it, basalt is only color that got him in serious trouble w/cust....guy was indignant that basalt always seemed to look dirty.....

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    BTW , the car will arrive before may ,probably end march ,or april ,but will be hidden until the official release date.
    once again i pushed them with questions concerning the delivery date ,i have been CONFIRMED that by may 15 maximum i could take delivery ,and probably before. until now my dealer has always been very serious , and i believe him ,he never gave me false data. do you believe mass production will start in february ,and the cars will be stocked till june? i doubt...porsche likes money.. so i am quite sure we will all have a pleasant surprise with anticipated release... cheers!

We're counting on you brother .

Tips is an excellent choice .

Dimitri, What's the big rush. You should wait and get the S with 520ish HP. Rush and you will regret later.

Dimitri..

i will love to have a dealer like yours

this morning i stress mine..

and if first cars will be available 8 may...well..is a surprise a great surprise!

ciaoo

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779982 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442384 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263185 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261500 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85706 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5848 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881217 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818126 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM