Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Order placed! From prospector to waiter !

Ooohhhh I just blew it- this was to be my 911th post! In all my excitement, I reponded to another thread instead.

OK, here's my spec for my baby- order placed today:

911 Carrera 4S Cab
    19" Carrera S Wheels
    Arctic Silver
    Cab roof in Stone Grey
    Blk/ Stone Grey Interior
    Wheel Spacers
    TPMS
    Self Dimming Mirrors
    Carrera Power Kit
    PCCB
    Sport Chrono
    Sport Shifter
    Adaptive Sport Seats
    Heated Seats
    Fire Extinguisher
    Footrest in Alum
    Porsche Crest in Headrests
    Door finishers in leather
    Rear Center Console in Leather
    "Exclusive" Porsche Crest on Storage Compartment
    Sun Visors in leather
    Floor mats w/ leather edging
    Three Spoke ( thicker) Sport Steering Wheel
    Instrument surround in leather
    Navi
    Bose...
    CD Changer
    European Delivery

I think that about covers it! Now for the long wait... at least the option process is behind me.

Re: Order placed! From prospector to waiter !

Congrats, Richard.
    Worth opening a bottle of Champagne, I'd say.

The wait will be a blast, uups, sorry, it'll be blast once you've collected it.

Nice specs, have you left out anything at all (besides painting the rocker panel)?

Thats a whole lotta options

Thanks a lot Matt!

One step closer to realizing a very nice dream!

I like the rocker panels just as well not painted (looks nice either way).

I had a very nice test drive in a C4S Cab today at the coast- very beautiful day and I absolutely loved the car! Awesome!

Quote:
    zack said:
    Thats a whole lotta options

Yeah Zack! I'm optioned out- very glad that's done! Thanks to all of the awesome rennteamers for helping me decide.

It looks like you checked every box on the configurator and then some!

Amazing specs. Congrats and have fun picking it up in Germany!!!

Congrats on your order. Waiting sucks....I'm into my 3rd month now and I still may have another 2 months with X51 backlog.

Thanks a lot Jeff, and Hollli82!

I hope your baby arrives soon. It'll be worth the extra wait.

Yes,I was told the X51 is currently backlogged- I hope they get it sorted out soon. Thankfully, I have some time before my build.

Congratulations SVNSVN
    An amazing car it will be!!!
    First step has been done..... when do you expect the car? ( is it still september? )

Congrats SVN,
    One of the best optionned 911 ever for sure!
    The only option I'd have you reconsider are the footrest in aluminium, I was tempted but it turns out it's only the outline of the footrest that in alu, you barely see it. It's not that expensive so it's up to you I guess.
    The other one is the door finisher in leather. Although I'm not sure what comes as standard in the US. In France, the car does not have full leather as standard, but opting for full leather gets you the door in leather, so double check on that one.
    If US cars don't get full leather as standard, consider, although, I'd assume black/ stone grey means full leather.
    The interior is going to be very beautiful indeed!
    Good choice about the stone grey top too, that way, the contrast won't be shocking with top up.
    How long do you have to wait approximately?
    Let me know when you pick up the car in Europe, it'll be nice to have un petit cafe in Paris and take a pic with both our cars!

Congrats Richard, I know a dream will come true for you
    Awesome spec Now I understand how you have overcome the spec struggle - just tick each box on the list
    You'll have the hottest cab in entire California - and beyond (the chance to spot a similar equipped car must be 1:1 million or so)
    Can't wait to meet up with you and your baby during your Euro-tour later this year

Quote:
    Fanch said:

The other one is the door finisher in leather. Although I'm not sure what comes as standard in the US. In France, the car does not have full leather as standard, but opting for full leather gets you the door in leather, so double check on that one.
    If US cars don't get full leather as standard, consider, although, I'd assume black/ stone grey means full leather.

Yes, the door pannels will come in leather with the full leather option anyway, but AFAIK the "door finishers" won't unless you tick the box (at least in Europe). It's only the small part right in front of the door handle - not too expensive option, I think close to 250 Euro.

Congratulations SVNSVN, great specs

WOW!!!

WOW, Great Spec Man, CONGRATS

Great specification, congratulations.

The only thing I would have changed is Basalt for Arctic but hey, that's personal preference.

I take it that PSE comes with the powerkit?

SVN , impressive, gonna be one slick ride....all the detail bits I would get if I was doing mine over again. Keep doin the ceremonial X51 meditative chant.

Have you checked out two tone blk/grey with option 022Black Dials? saw one recently, flowed really well with black upper/grey lower interior set up. Either alum or blk dials are fine, you can't go wrong, congrats.

If anyone hasn't seen them, here are door finishers in leather (whole spear-shaped part surrounding the door pull & window lift including stitching up to front edge of door)

Quote:
    John H said:
    I take it that PSE comes with the powerkit?

It does...

throt..

Great spec! Congratulations!!! Who knows, we may end up picking up our cars around the same time. My target date is mid-April, barring any delays on the X-51.

"European Delivery" What month are you looking at? I am looking at May.

Congrats SVNSVN, you will love the car. Waiting is tough, but "all good things..." as they say.

Gnil,
    Thanks a lot- you've been a big help. Yes, I'm hoping for the Fall Grand Tour in Sept.(but I'm willing to wait for the X51 to be available, if necessary- it's currently backlogged).

Fanch,
    Thanks! Yes, the Alum Footrest looked cool to me and it wasn't much ( 250 USD) so I just threw it in.
    Paris is , of course, amazing- absolutely love it- that would be great. You definitely helped make my decision easier regarding the X51- thanks again.

Porsche- Jeck,
    I'm really looking forward to my trip to Germany and meeting you and others from this excellent forum! It's going to be awesome! Thanks for all your help and support!

Jim,
    Thanks for being so valuable to this forum! You helped solidify my decision to go with the Two -tone interior.

Damian,
    LOL, the X51...chant! Thanks for posting the picture- I ordered the Door finishers without seeing them- just the recommendations from rennteamers. I just preferred the Alum dials by a small margin. I'm sure black would work great too!

Sato, and tkids,
    Your Euro Delivery will be several months before mine (hopefully, Fall Grand Tour)- looking forward to your reports and pictures! You'll have an awesome time!

SonOfStig,
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! It will be absolutely worth the wait.

Thanks GA997S, Freak 2, John H and Throt for all of your kind words.

Richard your especially more than welcome , your a really nice guy..

Use and enjoy your baby to the full ..

throt..

Throt,

Thanks much- will do!
    You're way cool!

SVNSVN, I must congratulate you. You have consistently been one of the kindest most supportive posters here since I joined. You always have a kind word and shared excitement for each of us getting our new P-cars. Beautiful specs and now it's our turn to be excited for you!
    Have a Spaten (or more) for me "over there" please.

Congrats!
    Don

dweiser,

Thanks so much for the very kind words! I really enjoy your posts ( and book too ) - you're awesome. Glad you're here!

Hey Congratulations, you car is going to be amazing. The only thing I see as a problem is you European delivery, you get to drive your baby all over Europe then have to wait and wait and wait while your P-car makes the long tip across the ocean. You then wait for it at home all alone now knowing what you are missing. Good luck....

Thanks jpcourt! I plan on spending more time in Europe after I return my baby to the factory- that'll shorten the second wait a little. Still, I agree, it's probably going to be even worse than this very long wait.

SVNSVN, that is such an incredible spec list.. Sounds like my dream car! I agree with the other poster to this thread, you always have a kind word for everybody and are an all around cool guy! You can just sense the excitement from your posts, thanks for letting us share in that! I can't wait for the pictures, pictures, pictures! Congratulations!!

Thanks a lot Gregg! The sentiment is mutual! You definitely contibute to making this a very enjoyable forum to be a part of!

If I was only as good as some of you guys in keeping your cars spotless, I would love to have a gorgeous black "baby" like yours!

All the very best!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781449 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442705 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263423 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261783 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85902 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5953 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881540 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819288 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM