Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

What would you do if this happened to you?

A great day in San Diego and I took my 430 Spider to a large electronic discount store. It has a huge parking lot and it being Monday there were very few cars in the lot.
    Nevertheless, as it is my habit, I parked my car far from the store in a spot totally isolated from anything else. After shopping in the store for a half hour, I returned to my car and this is what I found.

A pickup truck raised with large tires effectively blocking my entrance to the drivers door. He was so close I could not slide my body in to even access the door.As a result, I had to gain entry from the passenger side.

Mind you there was absolutely no reason to park next to me since there had to be close to 100 spaces closer to the store.This was a deliberate act done to be malicious.
    I had to respond to redress this flagrant act. Rather than keep you in suspense I will tell you what I did.

From experience I know that Ferrari exhaust will set off car alarms particularly in a garage environment. The exhaust can do it to cars sitting outside if the Ferrari is close enough. Well you can guess as to what I did.

I started the Ferrari and gun it a few times and the truck lite up like it was the 1812 overture. Lights, horn, whistles and other sounds exploded into the parking lot.

It was a JOY to watch and experience this truck making all that noise in the parking lot. I hung around (I move away from the parking spot) for few minutes hoping the owner would come running out but no such luck. As I left the lot, the truck was still wailing.

Maybe he will learn his lesson the next time envy over takes him.

Re: What would you do if this happened to you?

hows it go? "One childish act deserves another" ???
    You sure proved that one right

If I had the time (and I'll make some), I would wait for the driver to come out and then I'll shove my foot up his a$$..... SIDEWAYS!

I'm with Ha on this one.....I hate when things like that happen.

Its like when you go to the movies and all the seats are empty and the next guy that comes in has to sit right next to you (making you move the coat you had on that chair)

Sends to me like your looking for trouble!

I would politely go into the store and ask the cashier or someone with the store pa system to ask whoever had (the make of the truck) to move their car b/c they are parked too close for you to gain entry.

People can be assholes, but you gotta remember that they are still people.

I probably would've waited for him to come out.

I'd give the guy a chance to apologize... but if no apology is given, parking lot Pay-Per-View UFC match.

Nick,

Can't stand A holes like this. A good reason to move to Texas, you could've shot the SOB in self defense .

the driver was Probably a high school kid acting all bad a$$.

Sorry to hear about that Nick. I just can't understand why anyone would do such a thing, especially with so many other parking spots as you had described.

Maybe the driver was so excited to see a Ferrari, that he/she just had to park as close as possible to it, hoping that some of its passion and soul would be infused into the truck. Either that or the driver was jealous, or just an a$$, which was probably the case.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    A great day in San Diego and I took my 430 Spider to a large electronic discount store. It has a huge parking lot and it being Monday there were very few cars in the lot.
    Nevertheless, as it is my habit, I parked my car far from the store in a spot totally isolated from anything else. After shopping in the store for a half hour, I returned to my car and this is what I found.

A pickup truck raised with large tires effectively blocking my entrance to the drivers door. He was so close I could not slide my body in to even access the door.As a result, I had to gain entry from the passenger side.

Mind you there was absolutely no reason to park next to me since there had to be close to 100 spaces closer to the store.This was a deliberate act done to be malicious.
    I had to respond to redress this flagrant act. Rather than keep you in suspense I will tell you what I did.

From experience I know that Ferrari exhaust will set off car alarms particularly in a garage environment. The exhaust can do it to cars sitting outside if the Ferrari is close enough. Well you can guess as to what I did.

I started the Ferrari and gun it a few times and the truck lite up like it was the 1812 overture. Lights, horn, whistles and other sounds exploded into the parking lot.

It was a JOY to watch and experience this truck making all that noise in the parking lot. I hung around (I move away from the parking spot) for few minutes hoping the owner would come running out but no such luck. As I left the lot, the truck was still wailing.

Maybe he will learn his lesson the next time envy over takes him.

Perhaps this SD pickup truck guy (?) was more perceptive than you're giving him credit for.....a yellow F convertible w/girlie-sized non-CCM brakes and chromed wheels has LJ/RSF "desperate housewife" or gay/transgender "dude" written all over it (not that there's anything wrong w/either possibility) .....this pickup "dude" may have been simply trying to meet a potential "sugar momma" or "sugar daddy".....I guess "colorful" F's attract all kinds of attn at WalMart/BestBuy/McD's in back-office towns like SD.....such a surprise....

He's clearly and ashole, but count your blessings...he didn't key you.

Gary

I hope his battery ran down from the alarm whailing and he couldn't start it...

Not entirely sure but i believe that is what the valve stem tool is for. let the air out of the tires on the opposite side so the truck tilts over so you can get in.

I think its funny how they used their own property to be dicks with...it sounds like you could have raped his truck and nobody would be around to do anything about it. I like how you responded though thats pretty good

jealousy is the worst of all emotions, I consider myself lucky because I have never been a jealous person. I admire rather than be jealous.

With you being a attorney and all I would fake a injury, serious neck problems are usually a hit, for having to climb into my Ferrari on the passenger side and SUE his A$$!!

Envy!

Don't worry Nick, hit them were it hurts more... I just wipped this up just for you with photoshop, print it, and next time leave it on his windshield!

LOL nice one Carlos

Was there no CCTV in the car park??

Very funny, Carlos.

Hilarious! I wish I had it with me. I would have put it on his windshield and still set off his alarm.

He/she must have thought it was good joke. They may have been watching me contort myself to get into the driver seat from the passenger side. They probably had a good laugh.

To my knowledge, no CCTV. I am not sure what I would have done if there was one.

I hate it when people do things like that. When I first purchased my 997, I had gone for a fitting a the taylor's for my friends wedding. I parked my car completely on the other side of the lot (totally isolated). To my suprise, when I returned, there was a bright blue (I believe) Chrysler LaBaron parked only inches from me. I did not check for any marks, scratches, dents as I usually do. When I arrived home I realized that I not only recieved a door dent from this careless person, but my paint was scratched. A bunch of A-holes in my opinion. I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for those who disrepect peoples property. This is not the first time either, when owning my E46 M3, I parked at the theater, next to Ferraris, Porches, Lexus, Mercedes, etc., and when I returned, my car was keyed, from brake light to front end. If I would have found that envious [censored], I would have made him regreat the day he set eyes on my ride.

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    He's clearly and ashole, but count your blessings...he didn't key you.

Gary

AHHH! That would be a nightmare

I know when I drive my friend's expensive cars, I always have the anxiety of something bad happening...
    I always try to park in corners where only 1 car can get next to you or as far away as possible from the trafficy jitter of lots...
    Kudos on getting your commupuns

No CCTV? Ahh, simple...pull down your trousers, urinate all over his door handle and tyre valves...anything he will touch.

As they say, " there's an ass for every seat". It's a good thing you didn't do anything drastic. You're car is a "standout" and would be easy for him to spot in the future. If there were damage, he's fair game, but that's not the case. I get pissed off too when every yahoo with a gun rack and rust up to the door handles does the same to me. The world is full of morons, but on the bright side, that's one less person to worry about stealing your job.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    No CCTV? Ahh, simple...pull down your trousers, urinate all over his door handle and tyre valves...anything he will touch.

Exactly my point - we British must have an evil streak.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

ROFL... not sure if that's something i would do, but that's very creative!!

Actually it was that Model following you the whole time and she went off quickly to buy condoms but YOU - despite her desperate try - had to find a way to get away again....

if i was living in the states i would have a gun. so i would wait for him and shoot the f..cker.!

Quote:
    ha said:
    If I had the time (and I'll make some), I would wait for the driver to come out and then I'll shove my foot up his a$$..... SIDEWAYS!

Trust me, you don't want to do that in the US. I once had a "fight" with a driver near San Diego. When we stopped (we were four young healthy looking men inside the car), he got out of his car, yelled something at us and put a small gun out of his pocket. The stupid part was: this guy knew his thing, he kept a pretty far distance to us, no way how to disarm him (three of us were trained to be able to do that). Finally, after we told him that we're tourists from Germany, he put the gun away, started to laugh and he just drove away. I will never forget this in my life. The aunt of one of our friends (we were staying at her house in La Jolla) told us that we've been very lucky. Just a few days ago, somebody was shot inside his car after a little dispute between drivers. This happened back in 1986 or 1987 but I doubt that it has changed much. Careful, there are countries where you better keep your mouth shut and the US is definetely one of them. There is not much of a chance of somebody pulling a gun out of his pocket over here in Germany and knives are easy to disarm, if you know what you're doing. So although it may have been childish what Nick did, I think I would have done the same in his case.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781424 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442704 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263420 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261772 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85890 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5948 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881535 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819263 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM