Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Greetings Rennteam forum!

Hello to all....I'm new to this forum, just wanted to introduce myself. I've got a 2005 engineers spec black / black 997S with AWE full exhaust, evo intake, GIAC chip upgrade, blacked out wheels.

I run a small performance shop in Baltimore, MD. If any of you are in the area, stop by! You can look up my website in my Rennteam profile. I look forward to reading about other owners cars / experiences and chiming in on ocassion.

Re: Greetings Rennteam forum!

spam

nice blacked out wheels though
    car looks great!

Can I block this guy? Rennteam is non-commercial buddy.

Don't like the wheels either.

...bugger off !

Awwww, you lot are SO intolerant. I thought he was at least polite, and took time to write a personal comment.

I think we should judge him based on his contributions, no?

Nice yellow calipers though.
    And I personally think that chipping a Porsche (particularly an NA one) is asking for trouble.

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    Awwww, you lot are SO intolerant. I thought he was at least polite, and took time to write a personal comment.

I think we should judge him based on his contributions, no?

I also think we should give the guy a break.

He'll soon be told if he were to blatently advertise his services, but if he restrains himself his posts might interest a lot of us - after all, he must have a lot of hands-on experience in matters which which are frequently discussed here.

I would also point out that we have a coupla members who make a living making products which are used by rennteamers, but who have already shown that they can make a contribution here without pushing their own product.

Motomodz, speaking for myself, if you can live with the ground rules then you are welcome to rennteam.

I was going to say the same and even still he can fill this site in as his home page on his profile ,, which all of us can see .

Maybe RC can edit his post , then alls okay and then his welcome , I think so ..

throt..

Quote:
    throt said:
    even still he can fill this site in as his home page on his profile ,, which all of us can see .
    throt..

Which he has done throt ..

throt..

Let's give him a little breathing room and see what happens!

Shall we put it to a poll ..

throt...

Quote:
    Motomodz said:
    Hello to all....I'm new to this forum, just wanted to introduce myself. I've got a 2005 engineers spec black / black 997S with AWE full exhaust, evo intake, GIAC chip upgrade, blacked out wheels.

What exactly is " a 2005 engineers spec black / black " ????

First I've heard of that spec
    Somthing new ,,, Somthing special?
    Or just plain BS

I don't like the out of the box self promotion either

Please notice this difference. The guy isn't selling 911 Snake Oil on the internet to any fool who'll .com him.

He owns a 997/S and a LOCAL neighborhood speed shop. Can you see his business expanding exponentially now that he made a single post? Sounds to me like he's introducing himself, showing his car and showing us the car-related stuff he's into. Hello and welcome to my computer screen

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Please notice this difference. The guy isn't selling 911 Snake Oil on the internet to any fool who'll .com him.

He owns a 997/S and a LOCAL neighborhood speed shop. Can you see his business expanding exponentially now that he made a single post? Sounds to me like he's introducing himself, showing his car and showing us the car-related stuff he's into. Hello and welcome to my computer screen

Definetly agree with MMD. The above mentioned post was a simple introduction and not some sort of advertising campaign. Well atleast we know we have more person on the forum that may lend his expertise if one of us were to have any emerging questions.

Welcome to Rennteam

Quote:
    LB said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:

Definetly agree with MMD. The above mentioned post was a simple introduction and not some sort of advertising campaign. Well atleast we know we have more person on the forum that may lend his expertise if one of us were to have any emerging questions.

Welcome to Rennteam

RIGHT ON !!
    WELCOME Man

Welcome

I like your wheels

Yea Motomodz you can come out and play now ,, alls well..

throt..

Man, you guys can be pretty rough to a new guy. I met Motomodz the other day and his car is incredible. He is well connected, knowledgeable, and a real nice guy. His presence on this forum can be helpful (and this forum can be helpful to him), and besides, the fact that he mods cars like Porsches for a living should say enough about his personal interest in the topics of this forum.

Welcome Motomodz!

Your baby looks very tough- great! Definitely well cared for!

I'm curuous to know what "engineers spec" means too . . .

Looks like I stirred up a bit of a hornets nest here....not my intention. I just wanted to let everyone know who I am, what I do and what I'm into. I'm hoping to learn here and contribute when I can.

Regarding the "engineers spec" designation, let me start by saying that this car could be duplicated today if you ordered all of the same options. When Porsche NA released the 997, they asked their engineers to spec out the car they would want. They then released on each of the identical car to every dealer in the US. They came up with:

Black / Black 997S
    Full leather
    PCCB
    sport-chrono
    adaptive sport seats
    auto-dimming mirros
    Bose sound pkg

Which Porsche engineers and in what department?

Got any documentation about that?

Why did they leave out option code XBS - Alcantara sunvisors with glare sensor and adaptive lighting?

not sure why they left those items off....maybe they felt close to 20K in options was enuf!?

engineers spec has been confirmed to me by several sources, I don't have documentation and I don't think it adds any value today, maybe down the road??

"engineers spec" designation,....NOT
    Someone has pulled your chain

Just the usuall Option762 - PAG Code - Launch code

Quote:
    Trundle997S said:

I could be wrong...if so, does anyone know who came up with the list of options to be put on the launch cars?

Probably the marketing department.

Quote:
    Motomodz said:
    Quote:
    Trundle997S said:

I could be wrong...if so, does anyone know who came up with the list of options to be put on the launch cars?

Sounds like the kind of decision which would be left to sales or marketing people.

Welcome motomodz! The few who responded negatively will soon get over it.. it's a great forum, Cheers

Quote:
    Motomodz said:
    Quote:
    Trundle997S said:

Welcome Motomodz

It does seem like Porsche came up with a "world-wide" spec. for that launch-car. The same spec. was introduced at the several dealers here in Sweden July 2004 and there are some used cars available for sale in Germany with that same spec.... REALLY nice spec. by the way.. i'm actually looking to buy one from Germany

/Lukas

Welcome, or bah humbug as some of us would say.

Nice car. Like the wheels as well.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779721 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442334 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263158 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261462 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85678 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5837 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881169 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817904 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM