Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models

• From March 2017, a total of five variants will be available in Germany:
    • the 911 Carrera GTS with rear-wheel drive, the 911 Carrera 4 GTS with all-wheel drive – both of the above available as a Coupé and Cabriolet – and the 911 Targa 4 GTS with all-wheel drive. A newly developed turbocharger for 3.0-litre six-cylinder flat engine increases power to 331 kW/450 hp (combined fuel consumption 9.7–8.7 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 220–196g/km). The engine delivers 22 kW (30 hp) more than the 911 Carrera S and 15 kW (20 hp) more than the corresponding GTS prior model with a naturally aspirated engine. All variants are available with a manual seven-gear transmission or optional Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK).

More power for more performance

The maximum torque of 550 Nm provides even better acceleration and elasticity figures. The torque is available between 2150 and 5000 rpm. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) is included as standard on all GTS models. The GTS Coupés feature the PASM sports chassis, which lowers the body by ten millimetres. The fastest sprinter in the family is the 911 Carrera 4 GTS Coupé: With Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) and the Sport Chrono Package as standard, it races from zero to 100 km/h in 3.6 seconds. All GTS models feature a top speed in excess of 300 km/h. The front-runner at 312 km/h is the Coupé with manual transmission and rear-wheel drive. Despite the increase in performance, the GTS remains efficient – the 911 Carrera GTS with PDK, for example, consumes only 8.3 l/100 km according to the NEDC. This corresponds to CO2 emissions of 188 g/km.

Typical GTS: Numerous black elements both inside and out

The GTS models stand out within the 911 model line not only in terms of technology, but also in their visual design: All of the vehicles are based on the wide all-wheel-drive chassis, which measures 1852 mm even on the rear-wheel-drive models. The new Sport Design front apron emphasises the sporty character. The front end is aerodynamically optimised. A low front spoiler and increased rear spoiler extension height further reduce the lift forces on the front and rear axle compared to the Carrera S models. On the rear, the GTS is unmistakeable: smoked tail lights, silk-gloss black air intake grille and central black twin tailpipes of the sports exhaust system, which is included as standard.

The new Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS

A new black trim strip between the tail lights characterises the rear-wheel-drive models. The light strip is reserved for the all-wheel-drive models. Sport Design exterior mirrors, 20-inch wheels with central locking device painted in silk-gloss black, plus GTS logos on the doors complete the side view. The characteristic Targa bar, which is supplied in black for the first time on the GTS, also lends the 911 Targa a particularly distinctive look.

New Porsche Track Precision app and high-quality equipment

GTS genes also shape the interior. The stopwatch of the Sport Chrono Package is integrated as a central component of the dashboard. The Porsche Track Precision app has been further enhanced specially to coincide with the market launch of the GTS models. Its features include automatic recording, detailed display and analysis of driving data on a smartphone. GTS passengers sit on Alcantara seats with a new stitching pattern. The Sports seats Plus with GTS logos on the headrests can be adjusted in 4-ways electrically and provide increased lateral support and comfort. Other features include brushed, black anodised aluminium trim strips on the instrument cluster as well as a high proportion of Alcantara, which can be found on the steering wheel rim, centre console and armrests, for example.

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models

I imagine those that were fortunate enough to buy the naturally aspirated and wonderfully vocal 991/1 GTS will be pleased they did. Smiley This confirms also that Boxster / Cayman 718 GTS will be, as feared, an uprated flat four. No need for me to start saving then! Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 D4 R Design daily drive

The new GTS is an amazing car but it's early appearance also proves that the 991 is close to it's (development) end.

My dealer claims that the n/a GTS models (991.1) are in high demand and keep their value pretty well in Germany but I'm not sure about other regions though.

It seems that my C4 GTS Cab will stay with us longer though, my wife plans to take over the lease when it ends next year in May. Good for me, the GTS stays with us and I can choose a new toy (if I want to). indecision

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

MK1 is for sure a keeper considering the Prices for the new one if well specced is in CH over 180 - will probably help the good sounding Mk1 to stay a bit firmer for a Long run kiss

BTW, if someone is interested 0-200km/h for 991.2 Carrera GTS Coupe is 12.4s which is very fast for 450PS sports car.

in the UK, the GTS model is about £9k more than Carrera S .. seems a lot for more power, some alcantara, different bumpers, PSE and CL wheels.

I am continually surprised by how fast my .2 C2S is so it comes as no surprise that the GTS is a real screamer.  I may add the powerkit to my car if there is no perceptible increase in apparent lag.

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

sfo:

in the UK, the GTS model is about £9k more than Carrera S .. seems a lot for more power, some alcantara, different bumpers, PSE and CL wheels.

I disagree. 

RWD Carrera GTS model is actually a bargain. It has unique wide body, power kit, unique wheels, black accents that you can not get for normal Carrera models etc. It is with same options even cheaper then Carrera S. 

unlike previous powerkits where you got more radiators, and different engine bits, isn't this powerkit basically just software ?

sfo:

unlike previous powerkits where you got more radiators, and different engine bits, isn't this powerkit basically just software ?

No. Turbo chargers are different. Extra cooling ducts for the brakes also. 

Do you think Porsche will announce Nordschliefe times for the GTS?  It will be fast...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

It is fast. Faster on the Ring then 991.1 GT3. 

Of course, 991.2 GT3 will be faster then 991.1 GT3 RS on the Ring.

Again, all the Porsche I need... I was amazed at my old 997.1 Turbo, and now this GTS is faster!

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

A 991.2 Carrera GTS is surely a very nice car to have. 

Base price with PDK is 129k EUR in Germany and if you limit yourself to the most important (driving dynamics enhancing) options, you can get a nicely specced car for around 145k EUR. With manual, it is even around 4k cheaper.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

If you're paying 145K for a non-exotic sports car, you're doing something wrong.

noone1:

If you're paying 145K for a non-exotic sports car, you're doing something wrong.

Just wait to see how fast this thing is on the track...and don't forget that you can service/repair this car basically at every corner (Porsche dealer net is pretty tight over here), at least in Europe. 

145k for a new exotic? Which one? The cheapest is the McLaren 540 and is still costs over 175k with a few options.

--

RC:
    noone1:

Just wait to see how fast this thing is on the track...and don't forget that you can service/repair this car basically at every corner (Porsche dealer net is pretty tight over here), at least in Europe. 

145k for a new exotic? Which one? The cheapest is the McLaren 540 and is still costs over 175k with a few options.

Fully agree with you, Christian.

540C is a great buy for around 180K €(my spec, german price). BUT, only in UK or Germany since all other EU countries have pretty narrow dealership network. 

And yes, what other exotic sports car? R8 V10 is priced at same level as 540C and is not consideredas exotic...

Huracan LP580-2 would cost over 200K, 570S also, 488 GTB even more...

Who cares whether the exotic is new or used? Dollars and what you get for your dollars are all that matter. If you can only swing 150K, the smart money buys used anyway. Especially if you're bare boning the spec and getting a normal color.

If the R8 isn't an exotic, neither is a Huracan. You can find used R8 V10+ for 150K. 20K more and you get a 570S that isn't going to tank the second you drive it off the lot like a new .2 GTS will. New GTS is turbo, so might as well just get a used 991.1 Turbo S or a used GT3 that will hold value.

If money doesn't matter, sure, go ahead an buy a new GTS if you specifically want that car for some reason. If money doesn't matter though, then why not just scrounge up another 10-20K and get a way better car?

GTS is only good for diehard Porsche buyers who want a GTS. If you can afford a 150K 911, you can afford an R8, 540C, 570S, 580-2, and a bunch of other better things. When you actually factor in cost of ownership, the GTS isn't going to be much cheaper. WIll be worth at least 20K less after one year.

Will the GTS be great on the track? Maybe, but unless you're a professional, you can just as easily learn to drive faster in something. If you can't put down professional lap times to begin with, then there is little point in worrying about the pinnacle of performance you're incapable of reaching. Many other cars mentioned will have more than enough performance for you to improve with.

Hmmm, this or a new GTS. Touch call... heart

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=225604722&isSearchRequest=true&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&dam...

Seems that you do not understand how most Europeans think...

Person interested in new 991.2 GTS would never think about used R8 V10 or Huracan. Finding used 570S in EU is also pretty difficult task since almost all used ones are dealers demonstrators that are fully loaded with options (usually all CF) and are not cheap at all. 

Also, in EU pretty important point is socially acceptable.  And 911 is that kind of the car, even in my home land which is pretty socially sensitive. 

noone1:

I don't follow this reasoning. This 991 GTS is one amazing product. Probably faster than a 991.1 GT3, but still usable every day all year round with 2+2 seats. Take it to a track and run circles around far more "exotic" cars in the summer or mount a ski rack and drive up in the mountains in the winter. I can't think of a single competitor except for the 991 Turbo (S).

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    noone1:

I don't follow this reasoning. This 991 GTS is one amazing product. Probably faster than a 991.1 GT3, but still usable every day all year round with 2+2 seats. Take it to a track and run circles around far more "exotic" cars in the summer or mount a ski rack and drive up in the mountains in the winter. I can't think of a single competitor except for the 991 Turbo (S).

+1.  For the same money, I definitely will spend on this GTS vs other exotic cars for all the above reasons.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

bluelines:
    noone1:

I guess, if you can literally only own one car and are single or without kids, and significant other doesn't want to have a car of their own.

You can't think of a single competitor as versatile as the 2+2, yet you sold yours. Go figure.

noone1:
    bluelines:
    noone1:

I guess, if you can literally only own one car and are single or without kids, and significant other doesn't want to have a car of their own.

You can't think of a single competitor as versatile as the 2+2, yet you sold yours. Go figure.

That is why I sold it. I don't need the versatility for another 2 years Smiley By then the GT4 will be worth millions. Smart, heh?!

--

Ok, we got your message.  You do not like 991.2 GTS. It is in your personal opinion not worth its price tag. You would rather get used 570S or R8 V10 Plus. 

I think that we can figure it out...

bluelines:
    noone1:
    bluelines:
    noone1:

That is why I sold it. I don't need the versatility for another 2 years Smiley By then the GT4 will be worth millions. Smart, heh?!

You will be adored. Smiley

KresoF1:
    bluelines:
    noone1:
    bluelines:
    noone1:

You will be adored. Smiley

No fools gold here my friend Smiley

--

Predictable, but I like it! Not sure if I'd have it above a slightly cheaper 991.1 GTS, but cool and doubtless capable car in any case!

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

KresoF1:
    sfo:

I disagree. 

RWD Carrera GTS model is actually a bargain. It has unique wide body, power kit, unique wheels, black accents that you can not get for normal Carrera models etc. It is with same options even cheaper then Carrera S. 

I agree with you Kreso. I really like the new GTS as I was in love with 997.2 GTS and 991.1 GTS.

Best 911 variant along with GT3, IMO.

--

ONUR

458 italia smiley

noone1:

Who cares whether the exotic is new or used? Dollars and what you get for your dollars are all that matter. If you can only swing 150K, the smart money buys used anyway. Especially if you're bare boning the spec and getting a normal color.

If the R8 isn't an exotic, neither is a Huracan. You can find used R8 V10+ for 150K. 20K more and you get a 570S that isn't going to tank the second you drive it off the lot like a new .2 GTS will. New GTS is turbo, so might as well just get a used 991.1 Turbo S or a used GT3 that will hold value.

If money doesn't matter, sure, go ahead an buy a new GTS if you specifically want that car for some reason. If money doesn't matter though, then why not just scrounge up another 10-20K and get a way better car?

GTS is only good for diehard Porsche buyers who want a GTS. If you can afford a 150K 911, you can afford an R8, 540C, 570S, 580-2, and a bunch of other better things. When you actually factor in cost of ownership, the GTS isn't going to be much cheaper. WIll be worth at least 20K less after one year.

Will the GTS be great on the track? Maybe, but unless you're a professional, you can just as easily learn to drive faster in something. If you can't put down professional lap times to begin with, then there is little point in worrying about the pinnacle of performance you're incapable of reaching. Many other cars mentioned will have more than enough performance for you to improve with.

I think you can´t argue like this. 

There are lot of arguments for a 991.2 GTS or any other 911-model. It is a car you can drive daily, have everywhere service centers. You can drive it easily and the maintenance cost are low. The car is pretty under the radar.

On the other hand you can get so nice cars for the same or less money. An Audi R8 V10 plus with full options for 1.800 € leasing including German VAT, for the GTS you would pay much more. 

I think that for more then 80% of Porsche owner a Mac, Ferrari or Lambo isn´t even an option regardless of the costs.

--

AM

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661105 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    400915 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254556 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    228979 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59322 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4372 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853293 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761354 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM