Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 488 GTB/GTS

Just got my Spyder on Dec 25. indecision . She is so fast. Torque is amazing.

1483293377900IMG_9518 resize.jpg

So you haven't been on the naughty list this year? indecision

Congratulations, what a beautiful toy and in the right color. Enjoy! kiss

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Congrats wink Enjoy the scenic drives and sunshine kiss

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

I love that car. Reminds me of the Dino and it is just brilliant  Art on wheels. I told my wife that it was a Christmas present from your wife. I'm sticking to that story!  

Enjoy the many amazing drives. Enjoying the results of hard work and sacrifice via a drive in that car is what life is all about. 

Be safe. That is a beautiful car!!

Leawood911:

I love that car. Reminds me of the Dino and it is just brilliant  Art on wheels. I told my wife that it was a Christmas present from your wife. I'm sticking to that story!  

Enjoy the many amazing drives. Enjoying the results of hard work and sacrifice via a drive in that car is what life is all about. 

Be safe. That is a beautiful car!!

it is very beautiful, congrats. i am still flabbergasted what drove me to take the (brilliant but) ugly duckling GT3RS instead. need to correct the mistake with the 488 speciale!!!

enjoy the wonderful car.

Herbaliser:

Almost done...

Congratulations! The contrasting roof works well Smiley. Rosso Corsa I presume?

Spock:

Congratulations - so Santa does have a red sled after all. The carbon sill looks great. So glad you did not opt for Crema inside. The torque is great, but the downshift noise in particular left me wanting more and precipitated a 458 Speciale purchase. I find the steering is a little less edgy than the 458 though which is a good thing.

Beautiful! Congratulations.

Spock:

1483293377900IMG_9518 resize.jpg

Congratulations! You can't go wrong with a classic color combination!

Congrats, it looks great Smiley

--

J.Seven

Lovely car!kiss

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Thanks, yes it is Rosso Corsa. After I saw one with the black roof I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here is Salmons view and defending of mclaren and his continuation of bashing ferrari.

https://youtu.be/LoBdF3r2yi8?t=5m51s

If you want to hear him defending mclaren, then go to the beginning or the 1:45 mark.  I've already posted this on Fchat to see what a few of the FXXK owners and scholars know, and they really dont like him.  So I want to hear RT's opinion of the video and his thoughts.  And if what a member on Fchat said about the Harris vs battle between the laf, p1, and 918 is actually true, then it becomes even more funny watching him bash fezza.  

Plus, him insulting lambo by saying that they aren't innovating anymore because they aren't the fastest on tracks, is stupid.  Anyone who properly studies lambo will clearly know that their innovation lies in carbon fiber.  

By the way, this is a separate question, but does anyone know if the old 458 speciale was able to hold its own against the 650s on track?

458 Speciale was competitive against the 650S Spider on Corsas, I believe, so not really competitive when you consider one is hardcore version and the other was just a regular convertible.

noone1:

458 Speciale was competitive against the 650S Spider on Corsas, I believe, so not really competitive when you consider one is hardcore version and the other was just a regular convertible.

Normally, I would agree with that statement, but, the 650s was such a massive change compared to the 12c, that it might as well have been a facelift, like the 488 is to the 458. The 12c had an additional update that resulted in the 12c (625hp) version.  That could have been saved for the hardcore version of 12c, instead of jumping straight to a facelift because you're so upset that your rival is more loved than you.

The 720s, is even more a massive change that its a brand new car, so i don't really think its fair to compare a brand new car to the facelift of its rivals.  But, this will be a nice way to see how well ferrari can engineer the hardcore version of the 488 to compete with the 720s, especially if the 720s is going to be faster than the 675LT...which should have been the rival of the 488 hardcore variant.

Well, when you drive them, you'll know that you're incorrect.

The 12C performs almost identical to the 650S, and on a track with the same tires, the differences are minor at a best. In the real world, difference are even smaller. There are even lap times where the 12C Coupe is quicker than a 650S Spider. When 12C owners tested the 650S, many didn't think there was much difference.

You can go to fastestlaps.com and compare 650S vs 12C, and 650S Spider vs 12C. You'll notice there difference is negligible.

Don't know why you're calling the 488 a facelift to the 458. It's not even close to a facelift. It's a completely new engine for starters, with 60hp and 160lbft more than the 458 Speciale. When have you ever seen a facelift with a completely new engine design and 60hp/160lbft gain?

How could the 675LT be the rival to the 488 Speciale? It will have been out of productions only a year into 488 sales. P11 came out in 2011, 4 years before the 488. 675LT is P11. In fact, if stuff brakes on your 12C, you may wind up with parts from the 650S or 675LT.

12C/650S/675LT are all very similar. They never made Trofeo R for the 12C. Stick some Trofeo R on the 12C and watch how close it gets to the 675LT,

noone1:

The 12C performs almost identical to the 650S, and on a track with the same tires, the differences are minor at a best. In the real world, difference are even smaller. There are even lap times where the 12C Coupe is quicker than a 650S Spider. When 12C owners tested the 650S, many didn't think there was much difference.

You can go to fastestlaps.com and compare 650S vs 12C, and 650S Spider vs 12C. You'll notice there difference is negligible.

Don't know why you're calling the 488 a facelift to the 458. It's not even close to a facelift. It's a completely new engine for starters, with 60hp and 160lbft more than the 458 Speciale. When have you ever seen a facelift with a completely new engine design and 60hp/160lbft gain?

How could the 675LT be the rival to the 488 Speciale? It will have been out of productions only a year into 488 sales. P11 came out in 2011, 4 years before the 488. 675LT is P11. In fact, if stuff brakes on your 12C, you may wind up with parts from the 650S or 675LT.

12C/650S/675LT are all very similar. They never made Trofeo R for the 12C. Stick some Trofeo R on the 12C and watch how close it gets to the 675LT,

Personally driven 12C and 650S for a very long time on track, the differences to me are zero.  when the program of 12C been updated to the lastest version, there is no differences to my ability to explore these two cars.  

as for 650S and 675LT, they are two complete two different animals.  I only had 675LT on the track which I was very familiar with, only 4 laps, each lap shorten my 650S best track lap by 1-1.6seconds....  and since its not my car, I wasn't pushing it that hard.    I don't believe that extra 25hp does the job, it is the weight of the car and of course the Trofeo R does 50% of job earning that gap.   The horse power isn't really the major factor issue on the track, its the weight and tire and suspension setup.   so I must say LT did an amazing job than 650, so there4 its two different car.

by the way, Trofeo R are not able to fit on 12C due to inner wheel arch shape. cause we all tried..... hahaha

and I must say 458 and 458S are two different cars too...  458 wasn't really a weapon, but Speciale is definity a weapon!!  regardless of its straight line not very impressive, on the track with its weight more than 650S, its a very good set up car.  

kingjr9000:

Here is Salmons view and defending of mclaren and his continuation of bashing ferrari.

If you want to hear him defending mclaren, then go to the beginning or the 1:45 mark.  I've already posted this on Fchat to see what a few of the FXXK owners and scholars know, and they really dont like him.  So I want to hear RT's opinion of the video and his thoughts.  And if what a member on Fchat said about the Harris vs battle between the laf, p1, and 918 is actually true, then it becomes even more funny watching him bash fezza.  

Plus, him insulting lambo by saying that they aren't innovating anymore because they aren't the fastest on tracks, is stupid.  Anyone who properly studies lambo will clearly know that their innovation lies in carbon fiber.  

He once bashed mclaren, the guy has two personalities and might be suffering from bipolar disorder Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFvj6g5IR5U

If Porsche didn't sell him the 918, expect a one hour video of porsche bashing Smiley

These youtubers cannot be taken seriously at all, they'd do anything to increase their views through subscribers and social media.

The 488 GTB is an amazing product, there is no reason to bash it. I like the look of the 458 more and I'm not a fan of the turbo charged engine, even if it sounds great in comparison to the 991 Turbo S for example but for it's price tag (in Germany very similar to 991 Turbo S), it is really a very nice product from Ferrari. I would only choose the 675LT over the 488.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:

The 488 GTB is an amazing product, there is no reason to bash it. I like the look of the 458 more and I'm not a fan of the turbo charged engine, even if it sounds great in comparison to the 991 Turbo S for example but for it's price tag (in Germany very similar to 991 Turbo S), it is really a very nice product from Ferrari. I would only choose the 675LT over the 488.

Only 675LT, not also Huracan? Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    RC:

Only 675LT, not also Huracan? Smiley

Or an R8 Smiley

Or a GT4....

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

Mikla:

Or a GT4....

Ehm no, GT4 is above them all. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

noone1:

The Porsche 991.2Smiley.

Now, back to the 458/488 and the 12c/650s facelift. Chris harris did a video when they first came out with the 650s and he went over what was different between it and the 12c.  They changed the suspension and gave it the updated version, more downforce, latest gen of CCB's, revised cylinder heads, new pistons, revised timing, new exhaust system.

Im having trouble finding the difference between the speciale and 458, but so far what I'm reading is all about the tires, SSC, brakes, weight, softer ARB's, retuned Magna dampers, stiffer springs, and "aero".  I couldn't find Harris's video on the 488 since his was the most detailed version, so I'm going to have to scavenge what i can.  The 488 had retuned Magna dampers from the speciale but with a softer mapping, SSC2, the aero, laf-sized brakes.  

So if you compare the changes from the 12c to the 675LT, you would get all of the changes from the 458 to the 488, if my sources are right.

Edit: it seems the BBC claimed the 488 video on copyrightSmiley.

BiTurbo:
    kingjr9000:

He once bashed mclaren, the guy has two personalities and might be suffering from bipolar disorder Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFvj6g5IR5U

If Porsche didn't sell him the 918, expect a one hour video of porsche bashing Smiley

These youtubers cannot be taken seriously at all, they'd do anything to increase their views through subscribers and social media.

Honestly, the way he's talking about them makes him seem more like a flipper, than anything else.  I fully get some of the complaints such as the software problems and such, but it seems more like he's concerned with the value of it. I hear a lot of other people talking about depreciation, so if that affects you, then I can understand not wanting to get one. If you catch what they're saying and the golden jew is hinting at, it seems me more like Salmon just want to buy low and sell high.Smiley  

Seriously, the guy bought two LT's. One just to make a video on, then he dumped it right after, then some time later, he bought another one thats MSO with a roof scoop, and if you catch the hints he's throwing out, he's saying that it'll be worth more when he decides to sell it. Plus, at the end of that video, he admits that he's butt-hurt over not getting a P1 and is waiting until something faster comes out then he'll be first in line.  That could be why he's saying the 488 compares to the 720s, so that when it comes out and beats the 488, he can brag about ferrari not being the best anymore and McLaren are the new top dog.Smiley

He have had 2 918s, just saying .............

--

Good point. Why did he sell his original 918 in the first place? I don't think he made a video on it.

kingjr9000:
    noone1:

The Porsche 991.2Smiley.

Now, back to the 458/488 and the 12c/650s facelift. Chris harris did a video when they first came out with the 650s and he went over what was different between it and the 12c.  They changed the suspension and gave it the updated version, more downforce, latest gen of CCB's, revised cylinder heads, new pistons, revised timing, new exhaust system.

Im having trouble finding the difference between the speciale and 458, but so far what I'm reading is all about the tires, SSC, brakes, weight, softer ARB's, retuned Magna dampers, stiffer springs, and "aero".  I couldn't find Harris's video on the 488 since his was the most detailed version, so I'm going to have to scavenge what i can.  The 488 had retuned Magna dampers from the speciale but with a softer mapping, SSC2, the aero, laf-sized brakes.  

So if you compare the changes from the 12c to the 675LT, you would get all of the changes from the 458 to the 488, if my sources are right.

Edit: it seems the BBC claimed the 488 video on copyrightSmiley.

Like I said, go drive them. They're the same car.

Rossi:
    Mikla:

Or a GT4....

Ehm no, GT4 is above them all. Smiley

Thanks for the correction SmileySmiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690586 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409824 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256060 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235292 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4699 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858507 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774771 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM