Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Bose missing...

After two months wait my C4S finally got delivered. Unfortunately it's not exactly as I expected. I got heated seats I actually didn't order and no Bose sound system that I really wanted. The dealer is not going to charge me for the seats but for the Bose there is nothing he can do. I had it on my C2 997 and even though I didn't think it was perfect, I got used to it. Do you think I am going to notice the difference a lot? Is it really a "must have"?
    He said I can wait for another delivery (July!!!!) if I want it so bad. I think it's so sad that you pay so much money for your dreamcar and you don't even get to configure it the way you want it!
    What do you guys think I should do?
    Thx for yor help.

Re: Bose missing...

If you paid for Bose, you should either get a refund or an upgrade or some other acceptable compensation, and the heated seats shouldn't count - it should be compensation that you find fair.

You could also order a new vehicle but ask to drive the this one until it arrives, then let the dealer have it as a demo.

Upgrade or refund seems more realistic to me.

Well, obviously he is not expecting me to pay for something he couldn't provide. But still... I feel like it's not MY car! Am I too spoiled?

Mats

I think he's telling you July expecting that you'll just take the car that's here. Make a fuss and get what you ordered soon.

Quote:
    Mats said:
    Well, obviously he is not expecting me to pay for something he couldn't provide. But still... I feel like it's not MY car! Am I too spoiled?

Mats

No! That's an option that was very important to you- so it's not acceptable.

Good luck!

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    I think he's telling you July expecting that you'll just take the car that's here. Make a fuss and get what you ordered soon.

Agree!

Does anyone have the normal sound system? Is it that bad?
    Just curious...

Mats

Quote:
    Mats said:
    Just curious...

Mats

You should listen to the standard system. It has been upgraded from past standard systems and is even better than the old HiFi option. Only you can tell if it is good enough for your ears.

Phil

Quote:
    Mats said:
    Just curious...

Mats

I was chating online with someone who ordered his 997 C2 with the basic sound system, he complaind about the sound quality and how week it is. If I were you I would ask to upgrade the sound system for free (If its possible) or wait for the next car that meet your expectations. You worked hard for that money so your the one who should dictate the options on your car not your dealer. Good luck!

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Quote:
    SrfCity said:

Agree!

same here!

Seriously ... if my car arrived not as orderd, I would wait another 3-6 months for another one. Becuase, as you said, it will always feel as if it's missing something. It's just me, OCD.

Quote:
    yarub1 said:
    Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Quote:
    SrfCity said:

Agree!

same here!

The gents are right this is the way to go !!!!...

or

Why not pay for the heated seats and get bose upgrade for free

Heated seats are a must in our country. I use it all the time, specially on a cold morning!!!!!!! Good you got that!
    I wonder where the mistake comes from. My dealer went over my options about 5 or 6 times with me at regular intervals to be sure there was no mistake....
    I could not wait another 7 month...unless he would lend me a similar car in the mean time.
    The Bose surround is not great, it's ok, but nothing very special even more when PSE is on. I would listen to the standard and see and , of course, insist HEAVILY to my dealer to have it retrofitted ( try to find out if Porsche or he made the mistake)...

Quote:
    SrfCity said:

I am afraid that the dealer is telling the truth. All allocations have been sold. The waiting list for the C4/S over here is loooooooong......

Ask him for a refund , you hold the cards because they f****d up , its no different from ordering the X51 then not having it on there .

Make him bend over , it all depends on your character really..

throt...

Heated seats are a welcome plus in cold climate.
    I didn't take it bc I'm not a huge fan and I don't consider France (Paris) to be cold climate.
    About the Bose, it's your choice.
    Did you pay for it? Does it say Bose sound system on your invoice? If yes,
    My advice is, if it's retrofittable, get the car and when ready, let them retrofit it later for free of course.
    If it's not retrofittable, don't take delivery and get them to order you a new one with delivery ASAP, basically, take the next costumer's allocation, you're only bumping the waiting list by one client, it's no big deal, they can do it.
    If they refuse, they the matter to Porsche UK.
    It all depends how important the Bose is for you too.

Thanks to all you guys! I really appreciated your help.
    I LOVE this site!!!

Mats

Quote:
    Mats said:
    Thanks to all you guys! I really appreciated your help.
    I LOVE this site!!!

Mats

I'm sitting here scratching my head, wondering how a car gets special-ordered and comes in WITHOUT one of the major options. Who dropped the ball here?? When I ordered my car, I got a computer-generated Porsche printout that confirmed specs and pricing as was entered in the computer. Do you have that? I can't fathom that something "in the system" would be just left off the car.

But there's gotta be a solution, that is better than "sorry, here's a credit for the heated seats you didn't order..."

I would find out WHO screwed up, the dealer, or the factory, and raise holy hell with the guilty party. I would demand a MEANINGFUL discount off of the existing car that's sitting there, that you waited a long time for, that was flubbed. Or I would demand a MEANINGFUL discount for the car you'll have to re-order and wait another half-flippin year for. Seems to me, that if the mistake was made by the factory, that SOMETHING could be done to expedite another build that is totally independent of the dealer's allocation situation.

Or, you could tell the dealer to call every single other Swiss Porsche dealer to see if they have a 997 on their showroom floor that is spec'd to your liking, and arrange for a dealer-transfer, at their transit cost.

There's gotta be a solution. But accepting a car that's missing a major requested option, with a "sorry about that" and a lousy $480 buck credit (that's what it costs here), makes my skin crawl. Somebody between the dealer and the factory isn't properly taking ownership of the mistake. Or, there was too loose of a communication and documentation when you placed your order.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    I'm sitting here scratching my head, wondering how a car gets special-ordered and comes in WITHOUT one of the major options. Who dropped the ball here?? When I ordered my car, I got a computer-generated Porsche printout that confirmed specs and pricing as was entered in the computer. Do you have that? I can't fathom that something "in the system" would be just left off the car.

But there's gotta be a solution, that is better than "sorry, here's a credit for the heated seats you didn't order..."

I would find out WHO screwed up, the dealer, or the factory, and raise holy hell with the guilty party. I would demand a MEANINGFUL discount off of the existing car that's sitting there, that you waited a long time for, that was flubbed. Or I would demand a MEANINGFUL discount for the car you'll have to re-order and wait another half-flippin year for. Seems to me, that if the mistake was made by the factory, that SOMETHING could be done to expedite another build that is totally independent of the dealer's allocation situation.

Or, you could tell the dealer to call every single other Swiss Porsche dealer to see if they have a 997 on their showroom floor that is spec'd to your liking, and arrange for a dealer-transfer, at their transit cost.

There's gotta be a solution. But accepting a car that's missing a major requested option, with a "sorry about that" and a lousy $480 buck credit (that's what it costs here), makes my skin crawl. Somebody between the dealer and the factory isn't properly taking ownership of the mistake. Or, there was too loose of a communication and documentation when you placed your order.

Wow there is someone else on here with balls ,, come on lads..

At last boss ..

throt..

I seriously doubt whether you'll find a like optioned car in the same color available from another dealer who's willing to swap it out.

Life is short. Take the car and for $1400 (USD- Bose) have a kick-ass after market system installed. This is routinely done in the US by audiophiles who think the Bose system sucks.

Quote:
    P997C2S said:
    I seriously doubt whether you'll find a like optioned car in the same color available from another dealer who's willing to swap it out.

Life is short. Take the car and for $1400 (USD- Bose) have a kick-ass after market system installed. This is routinely done in the US by audiophiles who think the Bose system sucks.

I wasn't thinking that he'd find a clone, but that he'd maybe find a car with as many options, or more, in colors, that lit his fancy. Sometimes, you see or here of another car's spec, and you wind up thinking.. "Hmmm, that's just as good..", if not better. You never know.. I was so "hung" between black and silver when I ordered my car, that if my black car had arrived damaged, and the dealer found a silver one with the same options or a few more, and agreed to meet me halfway on the cost of the additional options, I could've been swayed, and happy. It's easier to be happy when you wind up with a little more than you bargained for, even if some of the expense comes out of your own pocket, then it is to be happy with LESS than you ordered, to hell with the money saved.

Aftermarket systems... Goes against the grain of why you buy a new car for some folks... If he were into that, he would not have spec'd the Bose in the first place...

Yep then get some herbert butcher your dash while fitting the new system , no thankyou "start off the way you mean to go" . I would Cancel because given the choice they would not want this on there floor sitting there ,, WITHOUT the Bose ( good or a bad system ) And lets face it thats what they tell all potential P buyers about the sell on factor being somewhat down if you did not have the Bose in the first place right . Lets keep it consistent because on a part-ex thats what they would want in the vehicle..

throt..

Get what you ordered!

Quote:
    throt said:
    Yep then get some herbert butcher your dash while fitting the new system , no thankyou "start off the way you mean to go" .

Obviously you would choose a qualified installer who will not butcher your dash or interior. I don't know about outside the U.S. but there are many qualified custom installers in the U.S. that will do a proper install with quality components that will out perform the crappy Bose system Porsche uses.

It sucks that he didn't get what he ordered but it's not the end of the world. If he can't find a correctly optioned '06 that is available then it doesn't make sense to wait 6 months for another '06 when the '07 models will be available shortly thereafter.

DIscount!

How exactly does one know that the "qualified installer" did a "proper" job, without going right back in behind them and checking the work??

You're usually going on faith, because all will be hidden, which isn't something you should be forced to do, just because some wonker didn't get your car right when you ordered it new.

There are definitely good audio shops out there. But I wouldn't have work like that done, unless the proprietor was willing to allow me to spend the day overseeing the work as it's done.

Call me anal. I know I am. I also don't allow tires to be mounted without being right on their shouder. Last time I had new Michelins mounted to my magnesium Speedlines on my Saleen, I wound up doing all four tires myself, using their equipment, to show the dolts how to do it without risking damage. Needless to say, they didn't charge me for the mount & balance. But I digress....

your hard earned money, get what you want (compensation or Bose), i have Bose and love it

I just got back from the dealer. I spent a couple of hours listening to all kind of music, Bach and Mozart included. The surround of the Bose is obviously better than standard system but honestly I don't know if the difference between the two systems is worth the waiting. Today he said end of April for a new order. To me is still a long wait. Plus he offered free wheel-spacers for the one sitting there. The one I am trading in needs also new tyres. This way I would save some money... I dunno.... I am so confused! It's hard to make a decision with your brain when your heart goes like crazy in front of such a beauty!

Mats

Give them frickin h*ll. Try to get what you want.

In the flipside: the Bose system is usually ordered by audiophiles so the holes, trim and wiring for the speakers is in place. Then they trash the speakers (and other electronics?) and put "good" stuff in. So what you're really missing is the ability to upgrade the "upgraded" Bose soundsystem.

The engine sounds always seem to be competing with the music so having a perfect system is impossible.

The Bose bass speaker boxes in the back take up alot of room. Is that large speaker box back there gone with stock system? If so you've got more room! THAT'S not a bad tradeoff IMO!

I'm not a total audiophile but I'm not THAT impressed with Bose, so I guess stock system will be just as good. Especially since the Bose system has more bass which is a "kid's" music thing anyway. My $.02

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    756004 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431891 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258998 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256075 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80020 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5268 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869126 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803444 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM