Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997TT Price?

Anyone have know yet or have a best guess?

Will the 997TT need heated seats or will the extra heat from the VTG system make that redundant?

Re: 997TT Price?

It will be about 150K

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Will the 997TT need heated seats or will the extra heat from the VTG system make that redundant?

Heated rear seats will probably be a offered at as a standard option

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

The rumor here in Germany is 135000 Euro instead of 128676 Euro (996 Turbo), incl. 16% VAT of course.
    I don't know how much the 996 Turbo was in the US but I highly doubt that the 997 Turbo will have a 150000 USD base price. I think around 130000 USD, even less is more likely.

I thought the 2004 996TT started at $118K US....So I'm praying for a starting price around $125K to $128K.

Can somebody explain why a Porsche is cheaper in USA ? Is this all because of taxes ?

135.000 euro = about 170.000 dollars !

Quote:
    Fast Fred said:
    Can somebody explain why a Porsche is cheaper in USA ? Is this all because of taxes ?

All cars (save for Ferrari) are cheaper in the US. One reason is lack of high taxes and the other is the american consumer, who will not buy a car if it is too expensive compared to something similar from the US or Japan.

Quote:
    Fast Fred said:

1. price in the US is without local tax.
    2. price in the US is based on exchange rates and longtime calculation based on certain monetary rules and strategic investments (I'm sure somebody can explain it more thoroughly)

And of course there is also strategic marketing thinking involved based on the competition and certain market rules which vary from country to country. I'm sorry if this sounds a little bit simplified but I'm no expert and English isn't my mother language.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    All cars (save for Ferrari) are cheaper in the US.

One more reason to love the Italians (European view).

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

I agree. Although you could import an M5 or an RS6 into the EU a lot cheaper that way.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    I agree. Although you could import an M5 or an RS6 into the EU a lot cheaper that way.

I didn't look into it, but bear in mind you have to add 10% EU import duty and local VAT (16-21%) to the U.S. purchase price (+ shipping/ insurance/ registration). Would it still be profitable at the current exchange rate of 1.20?

Well in terms of the US, they are just trying to price according to market share. Our currency is weak, and they know it. Better to not make as much money as not sell them at all.

Beyond a point its impossible to speculate about price - so much depends as whether they will make expensive options like PCCB's standard, etc. I'm expecting to spend about $160K for the Turbo including options, etc., and tax. If its less, I'll be pleasantly suprised. Since I have a base 2005 997 with decent options, I can expect around 60K for it in trade. This leaves me with $100K to find in the next year. At least I have a year to figure out where I'm going to get it from. Life is very very short - so I will find the money somewhere.

Wow - 997 + $100k seems like alot to pay. It better be ALOT better than the 997 for your purposes to make it worthwhile, imho...

Quote:
    WF said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

I didn't look into it, but bear in mind you have to add 10% EU import duty and local VAT (16-21%) to the U.S. purchase price (+ shipping/ insurance/ registration). Would it still be profitable at the current exchange rate of 1.20?

For a standard 4.2 A6 Audi I'd save about $15.000 compared to the prices here if I were to import it from the states - that's including transport, duty and all local taxes. I suspect the difference will be even greater with the S6/RS6.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Sad. Is that how you view things?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=schadenfreude

Yeah, Alan- propaganda and hate work with a lot of folks ! Sad indeed.

I was cursed at while visiting Rome- simply because I'm an American. Of course he changed his tune quickly...

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

But besides that you are physically alright?

(sad how some people react...)

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    WF said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

For a standard 4.2 A6 Audi I'd save about $15.000 compared to the prices here if I were to import it from the states - that's including transport, duty and all local taxes. I suspect the difference will be even greater with the S6/RS6.

thank you.. it seems more profitable than I thought it would be

Quote:
    WF said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    WF said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

thank you.. it seems more profitable than I thought it would be

Enough to buy myself a beer or two

Wow if the 997 TT is coming in at 150K US I don't want to even know what the 997 TTs will come in at. Starting to get into Ferrari prices

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

I'm sorry but I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Anybody else understand what this person is trying to say?

Quote:
    bstew said:
    Wow if the 997 TT is coming in at 150K US I don't want to even know what the 997 TTs will come in at. Starting to get into Ferrari prices

Crap. If I'm going to spend 170k EURO for a TTS (probably 180k if there's a powerkit available), it better be the FASTEST thing out there. I don't mind the steeper price (will probably make the car a bit more exclusive), but it better deliver.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

I'm sorry but I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Anybody else understand what this person is trying to say?

Actually, I'm not sure what you meant he was trying to say Alan. He was simply expressing his content with Ferrari selling their cars at the same price on both sides of the Atlantic. I agree with him on that.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Actually, I'm not sure what you meant he was trying to say Alan. He was simply expressing his content with Ferrari selling their cars at the same price on both sides of the Atlantic. I agree with him on that.

My impression was that he was happy that we have to pay higher than normal prices. The smirk icon at the end told me that.

But, of course, it's up to Ferrari to charge what they want for their cars. I have no problem with that. So I agree with you.

1. Have you ever seen a Ferrari testmule in snow?
    2. Have you ever seen a Ferrari testmule in South Africa or in Death Valley?

I don't say they don't do it, I just never saw mule pics from these regions.

How many mules does Ferrari test before releasing a new model? Two, three, five or even ten? How many testmules have been crashed for crash tests?

Sorry guys but all this Ferrari hype is actually ONLY about one single thing: they look great, they look and ARE expensive and they're a chick magnet. Period. With the F430, Ferrari finally also introduced a model which is very fast compared to the competition but judging by the little "cheating" on their last Sport Auto test (car was equipped with Corsa semi-slicks but at least they didn't hide it), I'm not sure handling performance is really THAT good.

Yes, I know. Ferrari has a lot of Formula One experience, testing background and so on. But what does the Formula One have in common with the F430? I'd say: nothing.

So I'm afraid we're comparing apples with oranges here. The 997 Turbo will be a very good daily driver since it has been tested thoroughly throughout the world and even in winter time, you just add winter tires and you're off going skiing. How many people do you know doing this in a Ferrari. I know, there have been lots of posts and pictures regarding winter driving on various Ferrari forums but to me this is no proof if some nut drives his 200000 USD car on snow, just to take a few shots. I doubt he'll drive his car to his work or when going skiing to the mountains. Sorry, I see dozens of Ferrari each year over here in Bavaria, especially the region around Munich and lake Starnberg is "infested" with Ferraris. But in winter time...nothing. All those sportscar lovers are driving their Mercedes S-class, BMW 7-series, Jag limos, etc. Sorry, not my thing. But emotions and beauty sell, one reason why the F430 sells that good. A beautiful wife was never cheap...

Great post RC ! another reason to have both the Ferrari has always scared me a little when it comes to taking of on a cross country road trip taking back-roads in any type of weather . My Porsches have always been bullet proof from driving across Arizona in the summer at 110 degrees in the summertime or going across independence pass in Colorado in a snowstorm . There are many Porsche dealers all across the country and service is so so easy wherever you are . For me the Ferrari was never thought till I was feed up with the look of the 996 and the 430 came out . But your points bring up some of the things I have forgotten about that makes the Porsche the real word exotic .

Quote:
    RC said:

How many mules does Ferrari test before releasing a new model? Two, three, five or even ten? How many testmules have been crashed for crash tests?

Sorry guys but all this Ferrari hype is actually ONLY about one single thing: they look great, they look and ARE expensive and they're a chick magnet. Period. With the F430, Ferrari finally also introduced a model which is very fast compared to the competition but judging by the little "cheating" on their last Sport Auto test (car was equipped with Corsa semi-slicks but at least they didn't hide it), I'm not sure handling performance is really THAT good.

Yes, I know. Ferrari has a lot of Formula One experience, testing background and so on. But what does the Formula One have in common with the F430? I'd say: nothing.

So I'm afraid we're comparing apples with oranges here. The 997 Turbo will be a very good daily driver since it has been tested thoroughly throughout the world and even in winter time, you just add winter tires and you're off going skiing. How many people do you know doing this in a Ferrari. I know, there have been lots of posts and pictures regarding winter driving on various Ferrari forums but to me this is no proof if some nut drives his 200000 USD car on snow, just to take a few shots. I doubt he'll drive his car to his work or when going skiing to the mountains. Sorry, I see dozens of Ferrari each year over here in Bavaria, especially the region around Munich and lake Starnberg is "infested" with Ferraris. But in winter time...nothing. All those sportscar lovers are driving their Mercedes S-class, BMW 7-series, Jag limos, etc. Sorry, not my thing. But emotions and beauty sell, one reason why the F430 sells that good. A beautiful wife was never cheap...

very true! good post

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

My impression was that he was happy that we have to pay higher than normal prices. The smirk icon at the end told me that.

But, of course, it's up to Ferrari to charge what they want for their cars. I have no problem with that. So I agree with you.

Listen Alan, no need to get personal here. Crash exactly expressed what "this person" (didn't like that either ) was thinking. Ferrari prices are more or less the same in Europe and the US. And I like that. It's fair IMO.
    You don't have to pay higher prices at all, neither for a Ferrari, where you pay the same, nor for any other (European) car, where you pay LESS than we do. So how could I be happy about something, that doesn't exist?

And the smirk icon is my favourite icon BTW, I would be very sad, if you took it away from me.

Rc i am reading all your posts the last 3 months and most of the times i agree with you.
    In this post i dont agree though..

we have to admit that Ferrari this time made a very good car. we have also to admit that Ferrari was the first that produced F1 gearbox in their cars with no problems. Porsche hasnt managed yet to place to the new 500hp 911 turbo a gearbox like this... Most of Porsche owners still have tiptronics.. (not me cause i hate automatic cars.)

We also have to admit that Ferrari could ALSO PRODUCE a jeep in their range or smaller cars like boxster caymans panameras etc. WHICH HAVENT DONE YET and i really appreciate this brand for this reason. (they dont care ONLY FOR PROFITS) even though they have serious economic problems.

I find ridiculous to take my porsche and go to a mountain for vacations on the snow.. it is like i have no other car to go or that i want to show to people that i own a porsche. Where are you going to place your snowboard??
    so for this reason i will take a jeep and go or an other smaller car.

On the fact though that a ferrari is only for appearance i totaly agree. the car is not for very fast driving. you cant drive fast a ferrari because on the limit it is going to betray you.

I also have to say that the feeling when you drive a Ferrari is very nice. maybe it is the sound the smell of the leather, the fact that it is a ferrari, i dont know exactly what.

I also have to admit that if you could ask me a car to choose to have an accident I WOULD DEFINETELY CHOOSE A PORSCHE.

On the other hand though if you asked me if i wanted a tipe of a wife that most people have i would choose the one that was more rare and more desirable. For this reason i am going to buy both a F430 and a 997 Turbo.

something more.. most of my porsche friends who used to have Porsche for years sold their 996 turbos and are on the waiting list of 430. UNFORTUNATELY we are the minority who likes the very fast driving. and when i ask them do you know what they answer me ?!

When they pay 150.000 + euros for a car, they want to have a fast car not the fastest, which WONT look like all other cars. meaning boxsters caymans etc.

Porsche is like your wife. She is not SO pretty but she will never betray you.
    Ferrari on the other hand is like your girlfriend. She is very pretty but you dont know how much time you will have her...

Quote:
    RC said:

I agree Ferrari's are useless. There is nothing like a Porsche. Porsche owners, this is one case where what you don't know will not hurt you.

Oh before I forget, how many test mules did the CGT have? Do owners drive it in snow? AND correct me if I am wrong; isn't the CGT the ultimate Porsche?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690524 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409779 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256038 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235280 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65650 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858453 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774746 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM