Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: I did something crazy but do not regret it.

Quote:
    Ente said:
    And????

I am sitting here fuming. My car should have been in the US this past week. Usually it take 4-7 calendar days from built completion (nov.15) Yesterday I called the dealer and was told they had no idea where my car is. I expect Monday to get a definitive answer which is that it is being trucked to San Diego from LAX or they can adjust the cost of the airshipping.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Ente said:
    And????

I am sitting here fuming. My car should have been in the US this past week. Usually it take 4-7 calendar days from built completion (nov.15) Yesterday I called the dealer and was told they had no idea where my car is. I expect Monday to get a definitive answer which is that it is being trucked to San Diego from LAX or they can adjust the cost of the airshipping.

Hmmm, I think that the dealer not knowing where your car is is a little bit worrying. When I bought an iPod via the Apple online store, I had a detailed picture of where my iPod was at any given time.... from dispatch to arrival at my local post office. If I got such feedback for something as trivial as an iPod, I'd imagine an investment as great as a FERRARI would deserve about 1000000000x the amount of attention

Well, it'll come sooner or later (lets hope sooner!)

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    When I bought an iPod via the Apple online store, I had a detailed picture of where my iPod was at any given time.... from dispatch to arrival at my local post office. If I got such feedback for something as trivial as an iPod, I'd imagine an investment as great as a FERRARI would deserve about 1000000000x the amount of attention

You'd think so, but that's not the way it is. Ferrari's attitude (factory, not the dealer) seems to be "When your car arrives, your dealer will call you." Even the dealer has no easy way to track where the car is at any given time.

Gary

the wait of the last 10days is worst than the first months....
    it happened to me few years ago when iwas waiting for my m3,i got so nervous that i got the ship pilot satelite phone number and i called him to see where he was...

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    the wait of the last 10days is worst than the first months....
    it happened to me few years ago when iwas waiting for my m3,i got so nervous that i got the ship pilot satelite phone number and i called him to see where he was...

Just woke up and that gave me a good laugh!

I am pissed. The car will leave Italy today and arrive tomorrow Nov. 29 at LAX. Customs is expecting it but telling the dealer it will take five days to clear customs because of the holidays and "hectic schedule".

As a result, instead of saving 6 weeks airshipping, it looks like only 3 weeks. This is not what I bargained for. Had I known, I would have gone the regular boat shipping. The car probably would have ended up in San Diego before the end of the year.

I am contemplating my next move.

Sorry to hear that Nick. It's good information to know.
    You'll forget the aggravation soon enough though.

I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I am pissed. The car will leave Italy today and arrive tomorrow Nov. 29 at LAX. Customs is expecting it but telling the dealer it will take five days to clear customs because of the holidays and "hectic schedule".

As a result, instead of saving 6 weeks airshipping, it looks like only 3 weeks. This is not what I bargained for. Had I known, I would have gone the regular boat shipping. The car probably would have ended up in San Diego before the end of the year.

You've got some bad luck

Ouch. But at least you save 3 weeks. See that you get something out of it... a big goodie bag, a voucher for free service(s), a discount or similar.

Quote:

probably luca di montezemlo read your enthusiastic comments about this ford GT targa here on rennteam -- and ordered this penalty action

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

probably luca di montezemlo read your enthusiastic comments about this ford GT targa here on rennteam -- and ordered this penalty action

Quiet! Do you want him to cry?

Don't worry nick, just a few more days

"If you want passion, excitability and sensory overload, drive a Ferrari. "

"if you want to wash your silliness in public, order one and whine"

Nicky "i really can afford it" Berry

Quote:
    watt said:

Quote:
    watt said:

Watt, since ordering and taking deliver of your Z06 there has been a seachange in the content of your posts. They have degenerated to crass and tasteless. There must be a connection.

"I did something crazy and now I regret it."

you'll forget all the trouble once you drive it. Take it easy. Sheet happens.

Quote:
    nberry said:

Cheer up. Think about how things would have gone if you didn't have such a fantastic relationship with your dealer. Glad to hear Ferrari is living up to your expectations as a company that puts customers before profits (unlike Porsche you'd be quick to add) and obviously is doing its best to make you happy to get in at the front of the line for your next one.

Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Cheer up. Think about how things would have gone if you didn't have such a fantastic relationship with your dealer. Glad to hear Ferrari is living up to your expectations as a company that puts customers before profits (unlike Porsche you'd be quick to add) and obviously is doing its best to make you happy to get in at the front of the line for your next one.

Now Jeff, that's just mean! But what the heck

Nick,

Cheer yourself up whilst waiting. Come over to the Cayman board and ruffle a few feathers between the mid and rear engined camps

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804402 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448864 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266557 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90242 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6855 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886285 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834867 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM