Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Hockenheim numbers for the 430

Again I sincerirly appologuise for my outburst, it was rude.

What I ment was not the Max power out put, yeah they are probably going to have the same max power, the torque is where the turbos kick in as with the 996 turbo and modena, they had similar power outputs but the torque difference was extrime, as it will bi with the 430 and the 997. Yea I am realy sory for the flat-6 thingi but that isnt ferraris folt. The 3.8l turbo will have a tremendus advantige over the 4.3l. We are talking about Porsche here the masters of turbo.

I am not a fanboy, I am I Ferrari FAN(atick), but I alos respect a admire PORSCHE.
    And what is popular, or what most people think or do is not neseseraly the right thing. I am just wondering what is porsche equivalent of the 550/575 and the upcoming 600. In my opinion its the Turbos.

Price Range is absolutly irelevant when u talk about supercars. Ferrari has always and will always be alot more expensive in the same car category. check the price diff between the RS and CS. Im my opinion the only cars that shoud fairly be compared (Preformance only) are gt3 RS and 360 Cs, In all other cases someone has an advantige

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    ooops my mistake, Gallardo is N/A. What ever happened to the rummor of Audi slapping a twin-turbo on that engine for the Audi LeMans's or Quattro??

Audi brings the V10, but with 5.2 litres and with "only" 450 hp in the S6 next year. They also plan a biturbo version of that engine with approximately 550 hp for the RS6, around 2007.

Quote:
    arakis said:
    Again I sincerirly appologuise for my outburst, it was rude.

What I ment was not the Max power out put, yeah they are probably going to have the same max power, the torque is where the turbos kick in as with the 996 turbo and modena, they had similar power outputs but the torque difference was extrime, as it will bi with the 430 and the 997. Yea I am realy sory for the flat-6 thingi but that isnt ferraris folt. The 3.8l turbo will have a tremendus advantige over the 4.3l. We are talking about Porsche here the masters of turbo.

I am not a fanboy, I am I Ferrari FAN(atick), but I alos respect a admire PORSCHE.
    And what is popular, or what most people think or do is not neseseraly the right thing. I am just wondering what is porsche equivalent of the 550/575 and the upcoming 600. In my opinion its the Turbos.

As long as you are up for a constructive discussion it's all fine with me. I already sorted it out with Vinnie via PMs.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    ooops my mistake, Gallardo is N/A. What ever happened to the rummor of Audi slapping a twin-turbo on that engine for the Audi LeMans's or Quattro??

Audi brings the V10, but with 5.2 litres and with "only" 450 hp in the S6 next year. They also plan a biturbo version of that engine with approximately 550 hp for the RS6, around 2007.

The same engine is also available in the new S8. Has "only" 450 hp but has 30 nm more torque, 90% available at 2300 rpm!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    RC you should know me well enough to know that these numbers are absolutely meaningless to me..

If they are absoulutely meaningless to you why did you start this thread then?

Read my post again. Forum discussion.

So meaningless data is only useful for forum discussion? Why? So we can all waste our time? You wouldn't be here posting so many posts if these discussions had no value or purpose. So you can't act like these discussions mean something whilst simultaneously dismissing any conclusions based on the data YOU posted as meaningless.

If you're a lawyer, you should know when you've been cornered and beaten. Good lawyers don't argue endlessly at their client's expense when the game is up. Good lawyers know when it's worth arguing and when it's actually in their client's interests to settle/drop a contentious issue and move on to another item and maybe live to fight another day.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Last time you've discussed that issue, you were talking about 1 second, 1.5 seconds at the most.

Seems as if your predicted gap between a Corsa- and a non-Corsa-equipped car gets bigger and bigger with each post...

I was talking about estimates, the 2 seconds claim is closer to reality.
    Relax, the F430 is still a beautiful and very fast car.
    This thread is about people (or actually one single person ) who claimed in the past that they aren't interested in numbers but in beauty and especially exclusivity. Evidently, numbers are important too.

RC the numbers were posted because I thought they would be of interest to everyone. I honestly do not care if the 430 was a second slower or a second faster. Whether the car does 8:15 or 7:45 on the NBR would not impact my enjoyment in any way. I love the car and marque. It is the car that provides me with what I value most in automobiles.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Last time you've discussed that issue, you were talking about 1 second, 1.5 seconds at the most.

Seems as if your predicted gap between a Corsa- and a non-Corsa-equipped car gets bigger and bigger with each post...

I was talking about estimates, the 2 seconds claim is closer to reality.
    Relax, the F430 is still a beautiful and very fast car.
    This thread is about people (or actually one single person ) who claimed in the past that they aren't interested in numbers but in beauty and especially exclusivity. Evidently, numbers are important too.

It is the car that provides me with what I value most in automobiles.

Bling?

Seriously, I'm happy that you're truly enjoying your car and I'm sure everyone else is also.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    If you're a lawyer, you should know when you've been cornered and beaten. Good lawyers don't argue endlessly at their client's expense when the game is up. Good lawyers know when it's worth arguing and when it's actually in their client's interests to settle/drop a contentious issue and move on to another item and maybe live to fight another day.

Easy-rider, you are wasting your time appealing to the "good lawyer" you think might be hiding somewhere inside Nick.

He has already told us in a previous post that he always tells people who ask him what kind of lawyer he is that he is a very bad one.

It's the one claim he has made which I am prepared to accept without question.

nick i have to admit , you got such an abilty to flame up a forum with a single post...you should apply for a job in the bush administration, if they had you ,they could have started the war in iraq without the chemical weapons fiasco,you would have done it with a post...

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    nick i have to admit , you got such an abilty to flame up a forum with a single post...you should apply for a job in the bush administration, if they had you ,they could have started the war in iraq without the chemical weapons fiasco,you would have done it with a post...

Lousy lawyers are known for this ability. BTW the only way I would work for the Bush administration is if they promised me he would resign.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Lousy lawyers are known for this ability. BTW the only way I would work for the Bush administration is if they promised me he would resign.

You know, Nick. I like you even more with this new post . It'd be great to see Bush stand trial in the Haig.

Wow. Three idiotic posts in a row.

RE: Comments abouyt Bush, et al.,

It would be great to see SOME, not all European politcal leaders stand trial in the Haig for appeasement and willingly doing only the very minimal against a organization dedicated to their own destruction. eg., Al Qiada.

Just tell me what are the Armies of OTAN-NATO are for? Parades? Musical performances?

It must be nice to count on the US and a few others to do the hardwork while the comfort level in Eurodisney is maintained.

Has the EU in Brussles defined and translated the word "SLACKER" yet?

Wake up and smell the coffee. There actually is a war going on.

Feeling comfortable?

OK, the politics has no place here guys, lets not go there please. We know how this ends up...

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    RE: Comments abouyt Bush, et al.,

It would be great to see SOME, not all European politcal leaders stand trial in the Haig for appeasement and willingly doing only the very minimal against a organization dedicated to their own destruction. eg., Al Qiada.

Just tell me what are the Armies of OTAN-NATO are for? Parades? Musical performances?

It must be nice to count on the US and a few others to do the hardwork while the comfort level in Eurodisney is maintained.

Has the EU in Brussles defined and translated the word "SLACKER" yet?

Wake up and smell the coffee. There actually is a war going on.

Feeling comfortable?

Jim, I share your sentiments about European leaders, but the fact is that Bush crossed the line. When you arrest so many innocent people and lock them up in Guantanamo along with a bunch of terrorists, you don't really gain any sympathies from the common folk. And attacking a sovereign, albeit a tyrranic, country of Iraq and use white phosporous on civilians, that's a violation of international law at the very least. Fighting terrorism certainly requires the use of armed forces, but not in the way Dubya is doing it...

SoCal Alan: shows what you know...

Carlos: sorry, just had to vent. Won't happen again.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    OK, the politics has no place here guys, lets not go there please. We know how this ends up...

I agree with Carlos 100%.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Before I FULLY agree with Carlos, let me say one last thing: we all non-Americans have always profited from US actions in a way or another, we shouldn't forget that. And finally: the USA is a democracy, meaning that there is an elected government who makes decisions. Bush is "just" the president, he is not a dictator. So please guys, as an intellectual type of person who has worked in the diplomatic service and who has seen lots of different cultures and people, allow me to say this: do yourself a favor and don't blame one single person only IF you think you need to blame someone. And I find it a little bit odd that Bush has been declared the enemy of freedom while people like Castro, Jintao, Ghaddafi and other leaders are not even mentioned by the media. And now let's go back to business...talking about cars.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Before I FULLY agree with Carlos, let me say one last thing: we all non-Americans have always profited from US actions in a way or another, we shouldn't forget that. And finally: the USA is a democracy, meaning that there is an elected government who makes decisions. Bush is "just" the president, he is not a dictator. So please guys, as an intellectual type of person who has worked in the diplomatic service and who has seen lots of different cultures and people, allow me to say this: do yourself a favor and don't blame one single person only IF you think you need to blame someone. And I find it a little bit odd that Bush has been declared the enemy of freedom while people like Castro, Jintao, Ghaddafi and other leaders are not even mentioned by the media. And now let's go back to business...talking about cars.

RC, an Off-topic forum would be in order I think...

Quote:
    RC said:
    we all non-Americans have always profited from US actions in a way or another, we shouldn't forget that.

true....

Quote:
    Crash said:

We have a few things on our mind for the next "update", an off-topic forum is definetely on our agenda.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

We have a few things on our mind for the next "update", an off-topic forum is definetely on our agenda.

That's great! Btw, do we (Rennteam) have a Paypal donation account? Might at least compensate for the costs of running the forums.

getting back on topic , i owned a 360 and it was a dog performance wise , looked great and sounded great.my CS is great looking , great sounding but to me needs more torque to make it truely great. my GT3 and GT2 are great performance cars and finally my 430 is a great car looks wise and performance wise. 430 owners need to thank lambo or audi for bringing out the gallardo . it made ferrari sit up and take notice and bring out such a great car as what the 430 now is. it's funny that porsche have always made cars that are a little quicker than ferrari .i assume the guys at ferrari were never really bothered about it . i think they see a real threat in lambo taking business away from them for the first time . ferrari have had the capabilites to produce great cars but they haven't had to until now as they thought they didn't have descent opposition . are ferraris twice the price because they are twice as good as porsches . of course not . so why do people buy ferraris ? i don't know

Quote:
    RC said:

And Before I fully agree with RC let me just say one thing: The US & Non US governments have always profited from the actions of "the enemies of freedom" such as Castro, Ghaddafi, Bin Laden, Saddam, an even Adolf Hitler.

OK, guys... don't make me get nasty now!!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    OK, guys... don't make me get nasty now!!

LOL! That is disturbing

Quote:
    Crash said:
    That's great! Btw, do we (Rennteam) have a Paypal donation account? Might at least compensate for the costs of running the forums.

Thanks for the generous offer but I think we have such a huge success because we are a non-commercial forum, not even accepting donations. We really appreciate these offers and trust me, sometimes we would like to accept them because although we aren't poor people, we spend a lot of time and money for this site (not only managing the forums but also collecting information, phone calls, travelling, etc.). We may do something else instead in the future, let us surprise you guys. One thing is for sure: you won't be disturbed by stupid banners or even pop-ups. And there won't be real advertisement, we have something interesting in mind which would be a benefit for everybody on our site but we have to finalize discussions and ideas.
    One hint only: we plan to play a more offensive role towards Porsche to get test cars and interesting reports. And now I shut up...

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Thanks for the generous offer but I think we have such a huge success because we are a non-commercial forum, not even accepting donations. We really appreciate these offers and trust me, sometimes we would like to accept them because although we aren't poor people, we spend a lot of time and money for this site (not only managing the forums but also collecting information, phone calls, travelling, etc.). We may do something else instead in the future, let us surprise you guys. One thing is for sure: you won't be disturbed by stupid banners or even pop-ups. And there won't be real advertisement, we have something interesting in mind which would be a benefit for everybody on our site but we have to finalize discussions and ideas.
    One hint only: we plan to play a more offensive role towards Porsche to get test cars and interesting reports. And now I shut up...

Now I'm getting excited

im excite too;) plz dont shut up!

I hate it when threads become waaaaaay to long. This was meant to be about Hockenheim numbers and it turned into a Porsche versus Ferrari arguement. This thread reminds me of the August is near thread posted by Killer.
    Porsche fans like to talk about racetrack times being their strong point but their racetrack times in Winton Australia are a little dissapointing. A Porsche Boxter S was .5 seconds per lap slower than a Subaru Impreza WRX STi. The Subaru has less Power, less acceleration and weighs in at 125 kilograms more than the Porsche. The Porsche in Australia costs $132.500 and the Subaru costs $56.630. The cars were tested on the same day with the same driver, V8 supercar racer Cameron Mconville.
    ps. The BMW M3 CSL is faster around the same track with same driver on same day as a Porsche Turbo. I think that Porsche cars should be much more focused, they should not be beaten by pocket rockets.

Dunno about there, but here Id say the weight is similar, and a WRX has awd along with 300HP, the convertible porsche has 280 HP (maybe 260 if not the most current boxster).

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM