Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Do you need a new cellular phone? Maybe this one...

...Vertu Ascent Motorsport Limited Edition.

You can download the full specs HERE (you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to view this file.

A little sidenote: I had this phone in my hands a few days ago, it is like a cellular phone from Rolex. Unfortunately the price tag is very high too, this special edition is around 4800 Euro in Germany, incl. 16% VAT. And the only special things behind this phone are actually the materials used (scratch free sapphire glass, carbon, liquid metal, etc.), the technical part is completely from Nokia (Tri-Band phone with Bluetooth).

Re: Do you need a new cellular phone? Maybe this one...

With this service you get a new phone every few months
    http://gadgets.luxist.com/entry/1234000103068295/

I DOnt like nokia!

About luxury mobile phones, check this one: (Bang&Olufsen) http://www.serenemobile.com/ about 1k euros

http://www.luxist.com/entry/1234000247062144/

Maybe a moderator should move this discussion to the cellular phone area of Rennteam before it goes too far off topic and has to be locked?

Stephen

My friend has that - weighs more on the heavy side, but very boner-inspiring.

http://www.strategiy.com/inews.asp?id=20051120063459

this is another model of that Porsche inspired phone

Quote:
    FixedWing said:
    Maybe a moderator should move this discussion to the cellular phone area of Rennteam before it goes too far off topic and has to be locked?

Stephen

Why off-topic? This is the "official" phone of the Porsche GT3 Vertu Racing Team. No kidding, there is such thing.

BTW: this phone is sold out. The phone I had last week in my hands has been sold yesterday. Guess who bought it: a Rennteam.com User who read this thread, he lives 400 km away and always wanted this phone but he never was succesful to put his hands on it. He sent me mail and I put him in contact with the dealer. Now there is a happy owner and it really seems that this phone is sold out, only 997 (funny, isn't it Stephen? ) were made.

And yes, I earned myself a lunch or dinner whenever we meet, at least he promised. Funny things happen, really.

As per my knowledge it is not sold out... I was just abt to buy one last month but at the end because i had my first ascent upgraded, i backed off... Of course if one wants one it is very difficult to find one, but Vertu in Paris and Selfridges still have some pieces coming in every week... But they dont do transactions thru the phone, only for good customers... (Dumb if u ask me) The weird thing is that they say it is sold out but it isnt, and one store cant trace if other stores have got one... Very frustrating if you really really want to get your hands on one!

I've been on vacation 2 weeks ago in marbella(south of spain).In the window of a jewelery store i saw 8-10 pieces sitting there.If anyone is interested in buying one...

Quote:
    sertag said:
    I've been on vacation 2 weeks ago in marbella(south of spain).In the window of a jewelery store i saw 8-10 pieces sitting there.If anyone is interested in buying one...

I think the Russian fellow tourists have bought up that stack by now...

Quote:
    N11KOY said:
    As per my knowledge it is not sold out... I was just abt to buy one last month but at the end because i had my first ascent upgraded, i backed off... Of course if one wants one it is very difficult to find one, but Vertu in Paris and Selfridges still have some pieces coming in every week... But they dont do transactions thru the phone, only for good customers... (Dumb if u ask me) The weird thing is that they say it is sold out but it isnt, and one store cant trace if other stores have got one... Very frustrating if you really really want to get your hands on one!

In Germany it is definetely sold out, this is the official message. I suppose they brought here only a few and sent the rest of the 997 phones to Cannes, Monaco, St.Tropez, Marbella, Paris and London.
    BTW: whoever is interested in Vertu should be careful. The first Ascend models were crap, no tri-band functionality and reception was bad too. The guy who sold the phone to the Rennteam user is using himself one and he told me that the old generation was horrible, the new ones with the new tri-band engines are very good, reception is very good too. I can confirm it, we have the same provider and when I was checking out the Special Edition and HIS phone (he has a brown one), the had full signal strength while my Nokia had only three bars from five or six. I'm not sure Vertu is worth that kind of money but they look really sleek and cool, I have to admit it. VERY good craftmanship, never saw such quality on a cellular phone but also very heavy. If I would have the money, I would buy one, definetely but right now I have other priorities.
    I would never buy the first Ascend generation and the older Signature models with two bands only. Caution, my phone selling friend told me that only the 2006 Signature (tri-band, MMS) and the second Ascend (tri-band, Bluetooth, MMS) generation is worth their money in both ways, as phones AND expensive toys. The older models were only some sort of "jewelery" for the rich and famous, not good phones.

Right now I'm not sure if I not made a mistake not getting the Ascend Motorsport Edition, it really looked great. But money doesn't grow on trees, I have to feed my kids, pay for Rennteam.com, etc.

As a side note, the first generation Ascent phones can be upgraded, ie become triband, have bluetooth and MMS, by sending them to the factory and paying around 850 euros... The signature phones can also be upgraded but from feb 2006 but will not be bluetooth enabled.
    The reasons why i didnt buy the Motorsport edition were firstly because I had done the upgrade to my 1year old red/black ascent phone a few days ago and secondly there will be a new handset (third one) launched summer of 2006, and I preferred to wait till then!

The Motorsport edition came in 997 pieces, no997 was a 'gift' of a Vertu to Wendelin Wiedeking, plus Vertu is looking forward to producing more Porsche limited edition phones in the future...

Rc,i always like and admire you'r posts,and don't get me wrong,i don't want to teach moral to anyone,but when you say if i had the money i would buy it,don't you think that spending 4000-5000 Euro for a mobile phone is a bit too much?even though we spend huge amounts of money on cars etc...etc...

Quote:
    sertag said:
    Rc,i always like and admire you'r posts,and don't get me wrong,i don't want to teach moral to anyone,but when you say if i had the money i would buy it,don't you think that spending 4000-5000 Euro for a mobile phone is a bit too much?even though we spend huge amounts of money on cars etc...etc...

IF I would have the money, I would buy a lot of toys, I'm some sort of gadget freak. "Having" the money means to me to be able to "afford" spending it. I can't, I'm thankful that I can afford the cars I have and this is more than others can.
    The Vertu phone is a beautiful piece of technology and especially craftmansship, I enjoyed holding it in my hand. Incredible quality and I'm using a Nokia 8800 personally which is also of a very high quality (I also have a T-Mobile MDA Pro for my business stuff and a Sharp V903 with 3 MP camera for "spy pics"). I know, technology changes fast and most Vertu phones may be useless in five years. But it is a fascinating luxury thing, same as a Rolex Daytona (I prefer gold with brown leather, not steel or full gold). I'm wearing jeans all the time and my shirt usually hangs over my pants, a very casual look. But I also love beautiful things (my wife comes into my mind or my kids... ). Unfortunately I can't afford ALL beautiful things, so I have to stick with the wife and the kids and maybe the cars. Which doesn't mean I'm not happy.

RC,you touch sensible points of life and i appreciate it.
    OT;since you are a watch freak(daytona)why don't you try the royal oak off shore(audemars piguet)

Somebody mentions AP ROO? My favourite too

Quote:
    sertag said:
    RC,you touch sensible points of life and i appreciate it.
    OT;since you are a watch freak(daytona)why don't you try the royal oak off shore(audemars piguet)

I'm afraid the only thing I can afford to try is...cars.
    No real watch freak since I can't afford those beauties.

avantgarde,

I just got the same one as pic but steel.
    Man,it just feels so differnt from rolex...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690816 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410070 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256156 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235379 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65734 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858751 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775033 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM